{Interests}
Traveling
Rain
Sports

{Disinterests}
Soda
Coffee
Math

Xyler is a lowkey kid with a big heart. They try to stay out of the spotlight, tending to stay to the side of things rather than the front. They trust very slowly, relying on their intuition to guide them to who to be around. Although it takes a lot to earn their trust, when you have earned it, they will be loyal to you and hope to never let you down. They are very spiritual, but not religious. They trust in the knowledge and forethought of the spirits that reside all around them, but they also know that the spirits can't help them with everything. When with friends, they are more of a follower than a leader, but they do give their fair share of ideas on what mischief to make. When given a task, they work until the job is done. They follow the directions and don't cut corners. Their speech pattern is concise and well thought out, passing through multiple filters and editors before ever leaving their mouth. Often times, people see them as slow with their speech, which, while technically true, is only accurate due to the fact that it takes them a moment to choose their words. They show all their work when doing math, and although they are quite good at it, they don't like it too much. They prefer the semi-unpredictability of words and stories, where there are no wrong aswers, only a story to be told.
Xyler was born a cool evening in October, and from an early age they showed an aptitude for reading. They read every book they could get their paws on, from 1985 by George Orwell to doctor's office magazines. By the age of five, Xyler had written their first story, a children's book about a Kalon that grew wings but had to keep them a secret from his parents. The pictures had been cut out of Time Magazine, and Xyler even drew a little barcode on the back of their book.

Xyler was a handful on their mom during the early years, getting into trouble with the local kids, and would often come home covered in mud and tree sap. "But mom!" They would plea, when told to take a bath. "I'm just gonna get dirty again tomorrow!" To which their mom would reply with the same line, to the point where Xyler would mouth along with her. "Then you'll just have to bathe tomorrow, won't ya?"

Besides getting dirty, Xyler spent their time reading. Their momdidn't allow television in the house when thy were young, seeing it as a mind rot, so besides reading and writing early on, Xyler was reading at a "college level" by the time they were 12. At age 13, they decided to dedicate their life to writing, after reading Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone. It was such a moving story about overcoming the past and looking on to a bigger and better future, that Xyler could just really identify with, having never met their father. They started carrying a journal with them everywhere, and before they got their cloak and sewed pockets into it, would just carry it in their mouth. Once they left home, they got themself a nice apartment in Seattle, relatively close to the Space Needle. They enjoy the big city bustle of it all. They take a few classes at the University, with a major in literature, and on they go see the Mariners whenever they can.

Why do they wear the cloak?
When Xyler was fourteen they had their first girlfriend. The two of them were in love, and they weren't ever apart. One day, Xyler had some important news; they were moving away. Their girlfriend kissed their forehead and walked away. The next day, when Xyler went to see her, she gave them her favorite cloak, telling them that they had to wear it always to remember her by. And they do.

Friends;
-Xyler sometimes sees Scribbles around their neighborhood, and they think he's a cool little guy. They usually talk a bit, and when Xyler has candy on them, they'll give the kit a piece or two. They met when Xyler was going on a run with Tree, and accidentally turned a corner, running right into Scribbles. He had some candy with him, and it got stuck on Xyler's cloak, hence why they give him candy sometimes.
-Tree is Xyler's dog. He's a pitbull-dachsund mix, and Xyler came across him while exploring the woods one day. He started following them, and never left. Xyler brings him just about everywhere with them.
-Along with Tree, Xyler has a little friend named Rupert. Rupert is a succulent, of the Haworthia Cooperi variety. He stays in a pocket sewn into the hem of their cloak, safe from any harm that might come to him. Rupert was a gift from Xyler's mother just before they moved out of the house and on their own in the big city. He's become sort of a good luck charm, and they couldn't imagine going anywhere without him. They even drew a little happy face on his pot.
Last edited by Syd March on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
where i go
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
a
a
a

a
a
a
a
a

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
when i go there