Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏ ʙᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ by zoocyte

Artist zoocyte [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏ ʙᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Postby zoocyte » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:46 pm

||Main Thread||Rules|Staff|Artist Rules||Information||[url=N/A]Fanclub[/url]||[url=N/A]Archive[/url]||[url=N/A]Nursery[/url]||
Have you ever wondered what the monster under your bed looked like? Or if that smokey figure you saw at the cemetery was real or a trick of the light?
Here at TTGBITN (Yes, even the abbreviation is rather lengthy), the world's outcasted oddities and misunderstood spooks gather to be trained and adapted to living in a regular human society. They all come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors: No two are the same!
Some aren't any more intelligent than a rock and don't have any further function other than being a cool pet to show off, whilst others are highly sentient companions. Some even learn to use human speech!
Most of our peculiarities are much tamer than you would expect based on appearances. However, not all are completely used to human interaction and customs. That part of their training is left to you to finish. There a couple few that are still completely wild and uncivilized, despite our best efforts. We try as much as possible to leave putting them down as a last resort..Usually only experienced handlers are given the opportunity to take in these rogues and give them a decent home.
Anyway, originally the TTGBITN was simply meant to be a shelter or a haven to some of the poor misjudged odd folk out there. We never intended to amass such a multitude of them! Since it's getting pretty crowded over here and we want to put these critters's newly-learned people skills to good use, the TTGBITN has grown to become an adoption agency of some sort. We give these fellows a chance to creep out of their hiding places and experience the wonders the modern world has to offer!
We don't just give them away to any strange traveler that happens to come across our humble abode, however. Quite a few of our folks are sensitive about their past or appearance. They need some good ole' TLC and an understanding heart to get them out of their shells (sometimes literally). We need dedicated handlers who're up to the challenge of caring for our beloved spookies out there in the big world. Do you think you're up to the task?

||Main Thread||Rules|Staff|Artist Rules||Information||[url=N/A]Fanclub[/url]||[url=N/A]Archive[/url]||[url=N/A]Nursery[/url]||
Font credit: Fontmeme
Last edited by zoocyte on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
comms
hello, call me koga or zoo!
arcanthera adoptsmy arcanthera storageoff-oekaki gallery
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:52 pm

☞ thou will followeth all of the site rules
Follow all the site rules.
☞ doeth not copyeth 'r claimeth any of the designs as thy owneth.
Do not copy or claim and of the designs as your own. Also, do not use any oddling without permission from the owner.
☞ thou will be respectful and polite at all times.
Be respectful and polite at all times. No rudeness, begging or bribery will be allowed.
☞ telleth me if thou wanteth to trade, re-home 'r gift one of thy oddlings.
Tell me if you want to trade, re-home or gift one of your oddlings. If you're leaving CS or simply want to, you may take your oddlings with you offsite. Make sure to link back here if anybody asks where they came from.
☞ if thou bought thy oddling with any kind of currency, thou may resell them f'r a similar price.
If you bought an oddling with any kind of currency, you may resell them for a similar price. Make sure to tell me or the artist who made it first.
☞ thou may owneth as many as thou can handleth.
You may own as many as you can handle. Just don't hog every single one!

If thou decideth to be involv'd in TTGBITN in any way, thou h'reby abideth by these rules.
If you decide to be involved in TTGBITN in any way, you hereby abide by these rules. Any violators of the law will have their soul sucked out of their body by Frank.

We are currently not looking for staff, but we may in the future, so keep an eye out!
Overlord/Owner
Their word is law. They own and run the place.
Sybael
Keepers/Artists
Keepers watch over and care for newly-found oddlings until they're suitable enough to leave the premises.
Sybael
Wardens/Moderators
Ensure that everybody abides by the law.
Sybael
Nursery Keepers/Nursery Artists (Nursery section currently still in construction)
They watch over the young oddlings and make sure their raised properly.
Sybael
Scribe/Archivist (Archive section currently still in construction)
Documents all the oddlings that come and go at the TTGBITN.
Sybael

☞ All regular rules apply.
☞ Keepers may make themselves a custom every 6 adopts they make.
☞ You may either sell adopts for online currency (Not real money) or put them up for adoption for free.
☞ You may make a rogue every 15-20 adopts you make.
☞ Each oddling is unique and must have their own lines and design.
☞ You may either release each oddling in batches or one at a time.
☞ Each regular oddling must have at least two tasks to complete per sociability stage. This number may vary between oddlings.
☞ The tasks must have something to do with the handler interacting with the oddling, getting to know them, and training them in the way of human customs.
☞ Unlike regular oddlings, rogue oddlings (If they are able to advance to another stage) are more difficult to train. They have at least 8 tasks or more per stage.
☞ Keepers should paste this on every adopt:
Code: Select all
[quote]
[color=#400080][center][img]http://fontmeme.com/embed.php?text=Things%20That%20Go%20Bump%20In%20The%20Night&name=Pyrite%20Crypt.ttf&size=100&style_color=340A73[/img]
[size=90]Have you ever wondered what the monster under your bed looked like? Or if that smokey figure you saw at the cemetery was real or a trick of the light?
Here at TTGBITN (Yes, even the abbreviation is rather lengthy), the world's outcasted oddities and misunderstood spooks gather to be trained and adapted to living in a regular human society. They all come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors: No two are the same!
We don't just give them away to any strange traveler that happens to come across our humble abode, however. Quite a few of our folks are sensitive about their past or appearance. They need some good ole' TLC and an understanding heart to get them out of their shells (sometimes literally). We need dedicated handlers who're up to the challenge of caring for our beloved spookies out there in the big world. Do you think you're up to the task?[/size][/center][/color][/quote]
[center][quote][quote="Sociability Level"]-[/quote]
[quote="Next Sociability Level Requirements"]At least two tasks per level[/quote]
[quote="Important Information"]-[/quote]
[/quote][/center]

Last edited by zoocyte on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 am

There are six levels of sociability that each oddling or odd folk, as all the fellows here are called, can reach.
1. Fully-trained
These oddlings are tame, civilized, have a good knowledge of human customs and are ready to be integrated into society. They are uncommonly seen and are great for beginner handlers or handlers who don't want to be bothered with teaching them how to behave.
2. Adept
These oddlings are tamed and civilized, but have little knowledge of human customs. They are commonly seen and generally are good-natured and quick learners, considering how far they've gone already.
3. Novice
These oddlings have mastered the basics, but still have plenty to learn. They are very commonly seen and are eager to learn more.
4. Beginner
These oddlings are still learning the basics. They are commonly seen and need a good role model to follow.
5. Newly Introduced
These oddlings have never had much human interaction in the past, are rather reluctant to learn and no little to nothing on how to act. They are uncommonly seen and require more effort in their upbringing.
6. Rogue
These oddlings are completely wild, untamed and unfit for human society. They are rarely seen, difficult to care for and require experienced handlers as their volatile nature makes them dangerous to work with. It is possible that some will be permanently stuck on this stage and may never become completely safe.
(Usually won through impress-me contests to make sure that the handlers are dedicated to the task of caring for them.)

For an oddling to rise to a higher level, the handler must care for, teach and get to know the individual. This can be expressed through various forms of art, such as drawings, writing, etc.
Each oddling has different requirements to go up a stage. Some will be more difficult or stubborn to teach based on their nature, or simply are slow learners.
When you complete a task, post it on the oddling's thread.
Each stage will have at least two tasks to complete in order to advance. In the case of Rogues, there will be at least eight.

Each oddling is one of a kind and have their own unique lines. Keepers may release them individually or in small batches. Some will be for free, others may requirement payment (CS Pets, Event Tokens, DA Points, Other types of online currency, etc.) based on the keeper.

Last edited by zoocyte on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 11 times in total.
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏ ʙᴜᴍᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

Postby zoocyte » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 am

We are now open for posting!
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emluvsfashion » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:53 am

bump ;)
♡ ari is my queen ♡

☾ im a moonlight babe/arianator ☾

x o x o, trade me!
emluvsfashion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonLoverHere » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm

*slides in bookmark* If you ever go looking for artists, eh... ;)
*pets the concept and slinks into the shadows*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonLoverHere

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoocyte » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:40 am

DragonLoverHere wrote:*slides in bookmark* If you ever go looking for artists, eh... ;)
*pets the concept and slinks into the shadows*

Glad you're interested, I'll be setting up and artist contest after I release a few more adopts >;)
emluvsfashion wrote:bump ;)

Thanks for the bump! :D

First one up for adoption is here!
comms
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xhat » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:56 am

ahhh, mark! <3
no longer active on here!! you may see me pop in time to time but I don't visit for months at a time.

││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││
││