Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

: VISCETS : Nursery by Mint Chip

Based on Click to view
Artist Mint Chip [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 10
181 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

: VISCETS : Nursery

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 am

CLICK HERE
to view the Queue and cooldowns.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:43 am, edited 364 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hatchery: Orphan Adoption Center

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:18 am

[The Hatchery]
aka: The Orphan Adoption Center
Here, orphaned eggs are gathered by kind rescuers; perhaps their parents are not known, or perhaps their anonymous caretakers are no longer able to care for them. However it is, these orphaned babs are eager to find a new home.

How does it work?
It works similarly to regular breedings. Scroll down to the Submissions section to find a form for adopting. Rather than selecting 2 parents to breed, you select a parent or 2 to adopt and 1 egg you wish you adopt. Any genders and pairings can adopt an egg palette. Eggs will be removed from the list available as they're claimed and a new one will be cycled in to replace it.

[Basic Information]
      ✦The Hatchery & The Nursery will open on alternating months.
      ..........................e.g: Nursery (Jan), Hatchery (Feb), Nursery (Mar), etc...
      ✦Any viscet pair (or single viscets even) can apply for an adoption however there are some rules to this. Infertile / pairings than cannot breed naturally together get the first pick on eggs (Days 1-3).
      ✦To adopt an abandoned egg, fill out the form here and pick your egg from the currently available ones.
      ✦ Keep in mind that the 2 posts per user ID applies to the Hatchery as well.
      ✦Batch claims count per month not per location.
      ✦ You must post a completed form to adopt. You cannot "claim" eggs before filling out a form.
      Please be sure to read the full Rules section before submitting a batch adoption request.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 46 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery: Staff

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:19 am

[Nursery Staff]

[Nursery Artist Rules]
      ✦ Check if user has or hasn't claimed a batch that month.
      ✦ Ensure they've paid before updating claim info.
      ✦ Batches must include in their description:
      • Labelled links to: Parents, Grandparents & Offspring
      • Mark whether they'd paid yet. Update when paid.
      • Owner, Name, & Gender, just as in regular adoptions & date claim begins
        note that the 30 day ownership cooldown for breeding does not begin on the batch until the viscet has grown to adult and claimed.
      • Mutations that the offspring has
      • Mutations that the offspring doesn't have, but parents do
      ✦ Nursery artists are required to perform Mutation rolls fairly and to apply growths on time.
      ✦ Always check the Compatibility and Incompatibility of traits found here.
      ✦ Nursery artists must make at least 2 batches within the 30 days to be considered active for personal batch perk.
      ✦ While artists may do their own batches, rolls are still required to be performed fairly.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:16 am, edited 214 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery: Submission

[ Batch Submission Forms ]
Be sure to read all rules before posting. Thank you.

[Forms]

Both parents owned by you:
    Code: Select all
    [url=]Mother*[/url]
    +
    [url=]Father*[/url]

Offspring: (required to list all other children from both parents - if none currently exist put N/A)
    Other: (potions, etc. include any potions desired and how they'll be paid for)
    Growth to Adult: (Yes or No)

One parent owned by you:
    Code: Select all
    [url=]Yours*[/url]
    +
    [url=]Second Parent*[/url]
    [url=]Second Parent's Owner*[/url]

Proof of Permission*:

Offspring: (required to list all other children from both parents - if none currently exist put N/A)
    Other: (potions, etc. include any potions desired and how they'll be paid for)
    Growth to Adult: (Yes or No)

[ Submission Rules ]

✦Link to both parents original thread. If readopt, link to original adoption thread (& optionally the readopt thread).
    ✦You must own at least one of the parents to submit a breeding request.
    ✦Check that neither parent is related or of the same biological gender.
    ✦Other section is for potions and minor suggestions on traits.
    ✦Check potions weight, price or information before submitting.
    ✦Properly label any and all potions you would like to purchase.
      (example: penn diagram x3 - minor mane mutation or direct inheritance: smooth horns)
    ✦Answer Yes or No to Growth to Adult. Growth to adult is free.
    ✦You must send payment for all potions used in the submission to the Artist who completes your batch.
    You cannot claim the batch until payment has been made and accepted by the artist.
    ✦A singular user can only participate in up to 2 batch submissions per month.
    ✦When breeding with another user's viscet, ensure they haven't already participated in 2 batch submissions that month.
    ✦A user can only claim 1 batch per calendar month.*
      *if a batch is posted in the next month after when the batch submission post was made then it first counts for the month it was originally posted in. unless you have already claimed a batch in that month.

Disclaimer: Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in your submission either being placed on the pending list for adjustment or declined depending upon the rule that was neglected. Staff isn't required to pm you to notify you that your submission needs adjustment, at times we may but it is your responsibility to ensure your batch submission gets accepted and added to our list or queue. If there are a few repeat offenses for the same rule break then you may be temporarily banned from the nursery. We reserve the right to decline any submission at any time, we also are not required to give an explanation via pm. Your submission would be placed on the declined list with short hand reason listed beside it.

Remember this is a primarily free service provided by our volunteer staff. So please be respectful and patient with us when posting a batch submission.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 am, edited 29 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery: Basic Rules and Guidelines

[Rules]
      ✦General species rules apply.
      ✦Pairs must be of opposite genetic sex to breed.
      ✦Must own at least one adult viscet for at least 30 days to use the nursery.
      ✦Co-owned batches permitted but will count for both users batch claim per that month.
    [Breeding Submissions]
      ✦A user take part in a max of 2 breeding submissions per opening, regardless of who posts.
      ✦The Nursery will only be open for submissions from Day 1 to Day 15 of every other month.
      ✦Nursery opening and closing times are not based on timezone. They are signified by an official comment by Staff.
      ✦All posts on the Nursery MUST BE Submissions (staff announcements excepted).
      ✦Cancelling a Nursery submission WILL NOT free up another Submission for the month.
      ✦Once a nursery submission has been picked up by an artist you no longer have the option to cancel the breeding. **exceptions are only if the batch has not been started and the user has expressed a reasonable explanation for wanting a cancellation or if the batch submission is over 40+ days old.

Important Note: Understand that if you agree to breed with another user's viscet and do not keep the batch that you cannot control, dictate or otherwise determine what that individual does with that viscet. You cannot require or restrict any viscet in any way if you do not own or co-own the viscet.
    [Claiming Batches & Gifted batches]
      ✦Date of batch ownership begins only after it has been grown to adult and officially claimed with name, gender, and payment (when applicable).
      ✦ In order to claim ownership of a batch you must do all of the following for a valid claim.
      • Send payment for all potions requested in the submission to the artist
      • Check that you have not claimed a batch already for that month
      • Comment on the batch stating you will be "claiming the batch"
      • Include name & biological gender of the viscet in your claim comment
      Note: Failure to do all of these may result in the batch being withheld, put ufa or in some cases will have a penalty added to your next batch submissions. So please be sure to do all of the above when claiming your batch.

✦You must claim a batch within 30 days of being posted. If not claimed within 30 days (with ownership, name, gender, and payment) then the viscet will be put ufa by the staff.
      You can only claim a singular batch (bred for or hatchery egg) per month.
      ✦The 30 day rule also applies to batches that are gifted to a user.
    [Regarding Potions, Items & Mutations]
      ✦You can order up to 5 potions per breeding submission.
      ✦To clarify mutations; if a viscet has a major mane you cannot request a minor mane asking for a portion of the mutation to be added to the offspring. A major mane is one solid mutation.
      ✦Mane mutations regardless of rarity may be mixed only by artists disgression.
      ✦You cannot change a mane mutation via a direct inheritance, only through penn diagrams.
      ✦When purchasing mane mutations via penn diagram you cannot link or request specific hairstyles. You can request vague styles like long, or wavy, but keep it short and simple.
      ✦Penn diagrams for ear variations can only request existing mammal ears.
      ✦Penn diagrams for specific shapes of horns must reflect only real animal's horns. You can leave it up to artists' choice for other variants but you cannot request non-realistic shapes, consistencies or otherwise.
    [Other Posts/Contacting Staff]
      ✦Unless you have made changes to your form that would require you to contact an artist, please do not contact the artist if it has been under 30 days in their list. If you have any other issues or concerns contact Mint Chip or Strudel.
      ✦Refrain from posting anything that is not a nursery submission; questions, comments or concerns can be directed to Mint Chip or Strudel via pm.
      ✦If you have a suggestion for the Nursery, post it on the Suggestions Thread.
      ✦Only contact artists or nursery head about a batch if you own a parent in that submission

[Time Limits]
      ✦A Viscet adult must be owned 30 days before breeding.
      ✦A Viscet cannot transfer ownership for 30 days after breeding.

[Viscet Repopulation]
      Realistically, Viscets breed in the late winter, and an egg about the size of a backpack is born 2 months later. This white egg has spots which indicate the hatchling's colors, and due to its soft shell it is extremely fragile for a few days after birth and must be carefully protected.
      The mother will carry the egg with her wherever she goes and at the end of the 2-week incubation period she will help the Viscling hatch. As a Viscling's legs are underdeveloped, the small Viscet will be unable to run until it grows older, and will go everywhere on 4 legs; during this time, the father will be the one to hunt food for the family, or they may resort to a herbivorous diet until the Viscling is old enough to hunt. In the case of "unusual" parents (such as same-sex pairs) raising a Viscling, they may take turns with the roles typically displayed by mother & father or they may each assume one.
      That summer, the Viscling is taught how to live by its parents, and will learn everything it knows from them. By next spring it is considered an independent adult, and that mating season it will watch and learn how to properly raise children of its own. It will not have offspring of its own until the following year, once it knows how to raise young and has had time to choose a mate.
      Viscets will usually mate for life, but just like humans, not every relationship is perfect.

Via the Nursery, these timings are obviously modified.

[Growth Timings]
      ✦ Egg: 3 Days
      ✦ Viscling: 7 Days
      ✦ Adult: Forever
      ✦ Total Growth Time: 10 Days
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:52 am, edited 31 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery: Info on Genes & Mutations

[Mutations]
      Any mutation that a Viscet has has a specific likeliness to be passed down to any offspring. Go here to help identify a mutation's rarity.
      ImageImageImage

Common Traits
      "Filler" Percentage

ImageImageImage

Uncommon Traits
      50% Inheritance
      25% Chance

ImageImageImage

Rare & Event-Rare Traits
      25% Inheritance
      7% Chance (Rare only)

ImageImageImage

Legendary Traits
      5% Inheritance

[Info]
      [What are Mutations?]
        Mutations are changes to the base Viscet features. They range in rarity as well as effected areas of the body. Some mutations will change small sections like noses or ears while others add things like scales or different tails. Some can only be found during events or with the use of specialty potions. To see all mutations please go here.
      [How is Inheritance Decided?]
        The Mutations that the offspring inherits are decided by using random.org. A number 1-100 is randomly generated once for each individual trait, and it would have to land below the trait's percentage of inheritance to be passed on (so, for example, Rare has a 25% inheritance. The number generated would have to land somewhere 1-25 for it to be inherited).
      [How do Mutation and Penn diagram potions Work? Are they compatible?]
        Mutation potions applied to a batch allow for a trait that one or both parents have to be passed down to the offspring. Penn diagram potions allow you to pick traits that you would like the offspring to have, that the parents do not have, and rolls are taken on random.org to see if those traits pass to the batch. You can order both types of potions for the same batch, but they cannot affect the same area of the body. Penn diagram rolls are 25% for uncommon traits and 7% for rare traits.
      [What are Chanced Traits?]
        An offspring has a small chance of inheriting something that neither parent had. For Uncommons, this is 25%, and for Rares, this is 7%. Legendaries, Event Rares and, obviously, Commons cannot be inherited by chance.
      [How do Chanced Traits Work?]
        Chanced traits are single rolls made on every batch, for both uncommon and rare. If it lands within the required fields listed above, then the offspring "inherits" a trait that is chosen by the artist in the rarity that was rolled for.
      [Warning]
        The likeliness of a mutation being directly inherited is individual, not collective.
        That means that if both parents have the same trait, the individual percentages are not added, but rather rolled twice.
        Screenshots are not provided for inheritance.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery Shop: Rules & Guidelines

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:20 am

[Nursery Shop]
[W A R N I N G]
    ✦Any potions must be applied during request.
    ✦The only potion you can apply after requesting is a PPS potion.
    ✦In submissions in which you own only one parent, you are required to provide a screenshot for permission of breeding as well as permission for all potions used in the submission.
    ✦ 3/01/18. Price adjustments and updates.

[Nursery Shop Rules]
      ✦ Send all money for potions to the respective nursery artist.
      ✦ A maximum of 5 potions can be applied to a single batch.
      ✦ Event Rare potions price corresponds directly with number in existence. This is to encourage more balanced rarities.
      ✦ Potions cannot contradict each other. e.g.: you cannot use both a penn diagram and a direct inheritance for horns.
      ✦ You cannot use "if...then" statements. e.g.:"if this trait is not passed down then I would like to purchase x potion"
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery Shop: Regular Potions & Items

[Growth Potion]
    Immediately grow your Viscet to juvie stage!
      ✦ Grow to Juvenile
      Cannot be reversed
    Price: 16 Image or 3 C$

[PPS Potion]
    Keep your bab young forever!
      ✦ Must be applied before Adult stage
      Cannot be reversed
    Price: 10 Image or 2 C$

[Direct Inheritance Potion]
    Guarantee the direct inheritance of 1 of the parents' traits.
      ✦ Cannot be used for Chanced traits.
      ✦ Cannot be undone
      ✦ Can only be applied on Legendary inheritance twice for PPS and once for grown.
      ✦ Event Rare mutations vary, check the list below for prices.
      ✦Some event rare mutations may not be available for direct inheritance at this time.
      ✦ Stackable up to 5
    [Regular Trait Prices]
    Uncommon: ........... 16 Image or 3 C$
    Rare: .................... 28 Image or 5 C$

[Event Rare Prices]
    Tailmouth: ................ not purchase-able
    Double Coat: ............. 110 Image or 20 C$
    Fire Mane: ................ 110 Image or 20 C$
    Bone Shell: ................ 110 Image or 20 C$
    Mermaid Tail: ............... 86 Image or 15 C$
    Scorpion Tail: ............... 86 Image or 15 C$
    Mist Mane: ................... 86 Image or 15 C$
    Goop: .......................... 86 Image or 15 C$
    Ice Mane: ..................... 86 Image or 15 C$
    Finned Mane: ................ 58 Image or 10 C$
    Butterfly Tufts: .............. 58 Image or 10 C$
    Doll: ............................. 58 Image or 10 C$
    Angel: .......................... 52 Image or 9 C$
    Firefly Tail: .................... 52 Image or 9 C$
    Vinetail: ....................... 46 Image or 8 C$
    Elemental ears: ............. 40 Image or 7 C$
    Underfluff: ................... 34 Image or 6 C$
    Monster horns: ............. 34 Image or 6 C$

[Other Prices]
    Roaming Traits: .............. 40 Image or 7 C$

Legendary Traits*: ........... 58 Image or 10 C$
      *except feathered wings due to the amount in existence.
    Feathered Wings: ........... 110 Image or 20 C$

PPS Legendary Trait(includes inheritance + PPS potion): ........... 58 Image or 10 C$
      *note this counts as 1 potion.

[Pelt Potion]
    Choose what markings or colors pass down from a parent
      ✦Choose to any 1:
      • Lean towards one parent's markings
      • Lean towards one parent's colors
      • Choose a single, specific marking
      ✦You cannot bypass the above with an "and" statement.
      ✦Pelt potions are left up to artist's interpretation.
      ✦Non-stackable
      ✦Cannot be undone
    Price: 58 Image or 10 C$

[Penn Diagram Potion]
    increase chance of obtaining a "chanced trait" or a trait that neither parent has or a different variant of a trait that one or both parents may have.
      ✦ Can only be used on one decided mutation
      ✦ Only one potion can be used per mutation
      ✦ Cannot be used on Legendary or Event Rare mutations
      ✦ Non-stackable
    Price: 10 Image or 2 C$
    Price: 16 Image or 3 C$
    2x Rolls
    3x Rolls
Last edited by Mint Chip on Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:29 am, edited 87 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nursery Shop: Specialty Potions & Items

[Unique / Specialty Potions]
    to apply any of these specialty potions you may own you'll need to link proof of ownership with your form when you apply it to a batch submission.

Reverse PPS Potion
    use: to reverse the effects of pps-ism to make them grow to adult. you must go to [url]this thread[/url] for all rules and to grow the pps.
      ✦Can only be used once
      ✦Cannot be applied gifted bred for batches.
      ✦Cannot be applied to custom lined viscets, Event rares or Legendary
      ✦Non-stackable
    Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events, purchased in the Stub Shop or in rare bundle bags.

Definite Trait Potion
    use: guarantees the offspring will inherit any uncommon or rare trait. works best for traits neither parent has or in a hatchery submission to ensure the trait.
      ✦Stackable up to 3
      ✦Only applies to uncommon & rare traits.
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events or purchased on dA.

Color Additive Potion
    use: adds an extra color to the batch submission. A color that isn't present on either parent or (for the hatchery) isn't present on the egg palette.
      ✦Stackable up to 2
      ✦Colors must be general like "add purple" or "add yellow" (no hex codes)

Roaming Trait Potion
    use: to apply a roaming trait of your choice to a batch.
      ✦ Potion is weighted; it takes up 2 of the 5 potion slots.
      ✦ Non-stackable
      ✦ Roaming traits available are:
        antennae (any insect), feather paws, finned tufts, multiple eyes, petal tufts, color changing eyes, cloud tufts, and saber fangs.

Special Batch Potion
    use: to create a specific event rare batch without either parent having that trait.
      ✦Potion is weighted; it takes up 3 of 5 potion slots.
      ✦Non-stackable
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events or purchased during special offers on dA.

Ultra Batch Potion
    use: to create a specific legendary batch without either parent having that trait.
      ✦ Potion is weighted; it takes up 4 of 5 potion slots.
      ✦ Non-stackable
      ✦ Counts as your legendary win for the calendar year
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 145 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

reserved
Last edited by Soulsplosion on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets