GoS #318- Halwende by Shadowhunter,

Based on Click to view
Artist Shadowhunter, [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

GoS #318- Halwende

Postby Shadowhunter, » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 am

Heavy storms have been raged all around the world making life hard for everybody, on land and underwater. These stormes which are caused by the massive heat due the summer have drifted several animals and Guardians to locations near us. Those Guardians are different though, something we have never seen before. They have a different appearance and behave different. They are "Gods".
Or at least that's what they call themselves. We, the mortals, call them self-proclaimed Gods because to be honest, they are none. But don't tell them, they won't listen anyways. Each "God" features a theme they are the "God" of. To do justice to the theme they represent these Otherworldy Guardians have collected several things they show off on theirselves.

Will you be able to win one of the self-proclaimed Gods heart?

- Self-Proclaimed God of Death-

He's an odd one. Always seems to stick to the shadows and flinches at the light. His orb doesn't glow like that of other GoS, it leaks darkness. Many GoS feel uneasy around him and they shrink in fear or lash out, hence the scars. He has also taken a vow of silence that he displays with a shimmering gold ribbon. Why has chosen to never speak?

Note; Please note that these Guardians are themed GoS and therefore cannot breed with other Guardians of the same theme. And anyways, those Guardians are too vain to believe in any other Gods than themself.

To win this bab, you have to do a few things:
1) Find him a fitting name and tell me its meaning
2) Tell me what colour his other eye is
3) Tell my why he chose to stay silent (can be a story)
4) Write a SHORT personality

Feel free to pretty up your forms, but no extras please! :3

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Name Meaning:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] Stallion
[b]Other Eye Colour:[/b]
[b]Why Silent?:[/b]
[b]Short Personality:[/b]

Ends: the 19th
Edits: Yep!

Last edited by Shadowhunter, on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GoS #318- grey (on silver black)

Postby noreptiles_ » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:21 am

Usᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ:
      .Lone Wolf.
      Nᴀᴍᴇ:
      Sairento Shinigami \\ Ryuk
      サイレント 死神

Nᴀᴍᴇ Mᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ:
      "Silent Death God" in Japanese
      Aɢᴇ:
      Ryuk is a myth, and believed to be immortal. Some say that he's reborn every
      100 years, some say he's a ghost, wandering the seas, haunting others. Ryuk's
      true age is only thirty-two years.

Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ:
      Stallion
      Oᴛʜᴇʀ Eʏᴇ Cᴏʟᴏᴜʀ:
      Ryuk's other eye is of a rich gold with a red center. There's a black ring splitting
      the gold from red, and a smaller ring of black around the gold. When he gets an
      gry, the red fills his eye, and it glows a blood red.

Wʜʏ Sɪʟᴇɴᴛ?:
      Ryuk remains silent to honors those who have died. Not all die for the right rea
      son, some weren't at the right time to die. It's said that he was born without v
      ocal cords, unable to ever speak, forever mute. But what is the truth?

Sʜᴏʀᴛ Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ:
      Ryuk is mute, his voice never spoken, making others fear him. He carries the b
      urden by himself, and can't make any friends. He has a quick temper, and when
      rage consumes himself, others hide from him in terror. He's known to be danger
      ous, but at the same time honest, and compassionate. But all of his emotions ar
      e usually hidden, and he keeps a monotone face, hiding all emotion.
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER
▬ // OF HIS \\ ▬

╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

ImageImage
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spring. » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Username: spring.
Name: Thanatos
Name Meaning: the Greek embodiment of Death
Other Eye Colour: his other eye is a very light, piercing blue.
Why Silent?: he remains silent because that is exactly what death is. it comes with no warning and it silences people forever. so, why should he, the god of death, be loud and boisterous like the others? no, he will remain silent.
Short Personality thanatos is pompous, like the other gods, but he acts much more pompous, at least that's what people think. he is silent and very unsure of the world around him. he is secluded away in a dark cave, only moving at night. the sun terrifies him, especially after a childhood accident which led to his declaration that he is the god of death.
Last edited by spring. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
spring.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowhunter, » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:40 am

.Lone Wolf. wrote:
omg... this boy is just 0.0
Where's his shading/highlights? <3

possible reserve if I have the time, im away right now, hopefully it'll still be going when I get back home <3

The shading/highlights didn't look good with him so I had to remove them :3 It's because one side of him is so light and the other is so dark lol
shad | he/they

Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:17 am

Username: broken*
    Name: hades
    Name Meaning: the greek god of the underworld and of death. a fitting name, don't you agree?
    Age: unknown, said to be as old as time (somewhere between 35-40)
    Other Eye Colour: pitch black
    Why Silent?: wip
    Short Personality wip
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T h e M a r t i a n » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:21 pm

"Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?"

Username: Aggie Grad
Name: osiris
Name Meaning: the egyptian god of death and the afterlife. however, he is also the god of life and resurrection.
Other Eye Colour: his opposing eye is a pure black. but when the light hits it just right, there are golden specks mixed in with the black, creating a glowing effect. this is rarely seen, due to the fact he resides in the shadows.

"Does this darkness have a name? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us?"

Why Silent?: he maintains this oath of silence because he does not wish to make his position worse. his voice is dark and ominous, and created uneasiness in other horses long before his looks did. after so long, he refuses to ever speak again because he finds silence much more welcoming than that of the loudness of others.

Short Personality it may seem like the stallion is very death-like in his actions, but he is merely hiding from the others. sure, he is the self-proclaimed god of death, but he still fears. he fears the attacks set up by others who fear him for his looks and at one time, his voice. of course, there is a side to him that has been consumed by darkness, but there is light in every soul, uncluding his own. he questions everything, including why he chose to be the god of death, when he knew the others would hate him more. this stallion only wants to be accepted for who he really is.
Last edited by T h e M a r t i a n on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My toyhouse
My Viscets
My French Warmbloods
My Tolters
Hello Everyone. I am T he M a r t i a n, as you probably have seen, and I prefer she/her pronouns. Hope to meet all of you at some point. ^.^
T h e M a r t i a n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Username: Amanda Role Player
Name: Sephtis
Name Meaning: Eternal Death
Age: Some believe he is as old a time itself, while others plainly state that they do not know at all. Some others say that as the God, self-proclaimed or not, of death, that he must be able to live on for eternity. The truth is, he has long sense forgotten, but between you and I, he is only thirty-nine years of age.
Other Eye Colour: The answer for this is more complicated than one might think. His other eye is a pure, soft, and silky gold color. At some points it may even be known to be laced lightly with a pearly white or a radiant silver. But when he seeps into the darkness, it seems to be more red than gold, and sometimes some others say that it even glows a deep scarlet color that resembles that of blood.
Why Silent?: Most think he is silent because he rather not speak to his victims. Others believe he can not speak at all. But the truth behind his silence began many years ago. He was once very young and unsure of what his Godly abilities were. During this time he fell in love with a beautiful and seemingly kind-hearted mare. But she only used him to gain the attention of another stallion. She harshly left him when she won favor with the other stallion, breaking his heart in more ways than one. From that day on, he took a vow of silence... From that day on, he vowed to never speak to another being ever... From that day on, he promised himself that he would never be hurt ever again.
Short Personality: He is a very complex being. On the outside he appears to be cruel and heartless. Frankly to most he seems to be rather terrifying and mysterious. In reality though, deep within this dark aloof layer, is a very kind-hearted and intelligent stallion. He is very thoughtful and actually rather enjoys the silence his vow has brought upon him. He is loyal despite what others think and is always there for someone when they do need him, even if they don't know they need him, or even know he's there. He doesn't become loyal to someone because of their actions towards him, but for what they do and if he can respect them. Even though he has a kind heart, he is short-tempered. He also can be easily annoyed, and aggressive.
Last edited by Amplify on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokémon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BettaBanner » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:00 am

Username:

frogprincess

Name:

Halwende

Name Meaning:

His name means "lonely one" in Old English.

3 years

Stallion

Other Eye Colour:

Red. Not for blood, nor for rage, or even for hatred. It is Red with the love he feels. Because he loves the creatures and beings in this world. Though his presence brings their end, and others despise him because of who he is, he can't help but love the inhabitants of this planet (with all their quirks and faults).

Why Silent?:

What happens when Death speaks your name? Talks to you from the shadows? It harkens your end, your final breath. His voice is sweet and low, it is soothing to the ear. But when folks follow his kind words and see their source, what do they find? Death. Death is the voice that speaks so gently. And when others realize the words they heard were from someone that scares them, makes them uncomfortable, and is one they hate, what do they do? They curse Death, for his trickery, for his seduction, and despise him all the more. They'll lash out, hurt him. And even though he never tricked them, just wanted to have a chat, they'll never believe him. And this would happen whenever he spoke, just this cycle of disgust and contempt. So he swore to be silent, naught a word would ever fall from his lips from then on, all in hopes of ending the brutal cycle he found himself in. That is why he is silent.

Short Personality:
Halwende is a gentle soul. He loves observing others and helping out. Though most gods are pompous and arrogant, the constant physical and verbal harassment he is subjected to keeps his ego in check. All he wants is a kind smile and some affection. He is the god of death though, so he isn't often welcomed when he comes by. One of his major faults is his perplexing guilt complex. He often blames himself for the deaths around him, especially if their end wasn't quick and painless. This causes him bouts of depression and anger, which he inflicts on himself. Though these are not common, especially if he has someone to snuggle with and tell him it's not his fault.
Last edited by BettaBanner on Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Hello!
I'm
Meer Blume!
But you can call me Meer!"
BettaBanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:45 am

- - - - - ☠ - - - - -

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth, wön't ÿöü
spärë më övër
'tïl änöthër ÿëär?

büt whät ïs thïs
thät ï ċänt sëë,
wïth ïċë ċöld händs
täkïnġ höld öf më?

whën ġöd ïs ġönë
änd thë dëvïl täkës höld,
whö wïll hävë mërċÿ
ön ÿöür söül?

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

nö wëälth, nö rüïn,
nö sïlvër, nö ġöld;
nöthïnġ sätïsfïës më
büt ÿöür söül.

öh, dëäth...

wëll ï äm dëäth,
nönë ċän ëxċël,
ï'll öpën thë döör
tö hëävën ör hëll.

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

mÿ nämë ïs dëäth
änd thë ënd ïs hërë,
mÿ nämë ïs dëäth
änd thë ënd ïs hërë...

büt whät ïs thïs
thät ï ċänt sëë,
wïth ïċë ċöld händs
täkïnġ höld öf më?

whën ġöd ïs ġönë
änd thë dëvïl täkës höld,
whö wïll hävë mërċÿ
ön ÿöür söül?

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

nö wëälth, nö rüïn,
nö sïlvër, nö ġöld;
nöthïnġ sätïsfïës më
büt ÿöür söül.

öh, dëäth...

wëll ï äm dëäth,
nönë ċän ëxċël,
ï'll öpën thë döör
tö hëävën ör hëll.

öh dëäth...

öh dëäth...

mÿ nämë ïs dëäth
änd thë ënd ïs hërë...

- - - - - ☠ - - - - -

-------------------------

“The fear of death follows from
the fear of life. A man who lives fully
is prepared to die at any time.”
-Mark Twain

suggested listening: "oh death" by jen titus.

Username:
SpartanAmethyst

Name:
This GoS actually has two names.
The name he is usually called is "Sephtis".
His birth name, that he keeps secret, is "Procel".

Name Meaning:
"Sephtis" is a male Persian name, meaning "eternal death". A master of many languages, one of Seth's favorites was old Persian. Due to that, he took on this name to try and conceal his true identity; after all, anyone who knows the true name of an angel or a demon holds great power over the being. Very few people are permitted to give him a nickname, the only one in existence being his apprentice and future mate Endora, who commonly calls him Seth when they are in private.

His true name, Procel, was taken from the fallen angel who can speak of secret and hidden things. As the mythical being before him (or as he claims, his previous life) he is a great book of knowledge. Highly intelligent and endlessly cunning, Sephtis knows many little secrets and hidden truths that very few others are able to see and recognize about the universe itself, and how life works. Procel could easily grant you true immortality, if you so desired; only thing is, he doesn't quite care enough to help anyone besides himself. And Endora, of course. His precious Endora.

His true age is unknown, but he's thought to be on the older side.

Other Eye Colour:
A "dead" crimson with orange highlights, white pupil. The iris is meant to look like fire; he is blind in this eye. The color difference is to signify the difference between heaven and hell.

Why Silent?:
On first meeting Sephtis, you will notice his extreme lack of personality. A quiet and frigid soul, he has no warmth for anyone or anything. But in fact, this isn't true; it's simply that the fire in his heart is small and blue, and it smolders rather than burns bright. Sephtis is just extremely neutral; he's like the Switzerland of the GoS. The way he sees it, it's his job to deliver souls to their Judgement, nothing more, nothing less. He feels as though if he speaks, then he will be judging them, and that is none of his business. So in his earlier years, he opted not to speak. Over time he forgot how to, then his silence was sealed when his vocal chords atrophied. Now he isn't just silent, he's completely mute. Sephtis couldn't speak if he wanted to, which is probably a good thing, so Endora does most of the talking for him. He speaks through his gaze, she reads and understands it, then becomes his voice when needed. Could he speak, his voice would be deep and rough, but with an alluring tilt to his vocal tones.

Short Personality:
Cold and calculating; he trusts knowledge and facts over the imperfections of emotion, but he does know the importance of instinct in certain situations. He's dangerous despite his age, so it isn't a good idea to make him angry; luckily it is Endora who has the short fuse, and it takes a lot to make Sephtis snap. He forms no relationships nor alliances, opting to care only for himself and his precious Endora. She's his lovely gem, and she's the only thing that keeps his heart from completely turning to ice. You never see one without the other. Sephtis is Endora's knowledge and patience, while she is his voice and sometimes his sight. But in private Sephtis can be very loving and attentive, but to anyone watching, they wouldn't know what he was doing. Only Endora knows the signs, so it's their little secret.

“I do not fear death.
I had been dead for billions and billions of years
before I was born, and had not suffered the
slightest inconvenience from it.”
-Mark Twainxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lichenfeather » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:48 am

WIP

Username: Lichenfeather
Name:
Name Meaning:
Other Eye Colour:
Why Silent?:
Short Personality:

Unfortunately, I won't have time to finish.
Last edited by lichenfeather on Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
lichenfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me