Tuareg War Mount 1: Arrow Stallion by Verdana

Based on Click to view
Artist Verdana [gallery]
Time spent 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tuareg War Mount 1: Arrow Stallion

Postby Verdana » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:48 pm

The Tuareg are known far and wide for their excellent horsemanship, and exquisite war horses. Horses and riders pair up during the riders' training, and stay together for life. Their bond is strengthened by the fact that it is the rider, and nobody else, who must back their horse to ride. Arrows are a particularly highly-strung legion. Wild-eyed chestnuts, often marked with bright white patterning, paw and stomp in their thirst to run, run, RUN!

Since Arrows are known to be more than a little bit crazy, to win the first War Mount, please tell me about the day this horse's rider sat on his back for the first time.

End date: 25th June (morning in US, afternoon in England/Africa)

Code: Select all
Username:
Rider name: (this should be a character that you will enter into competitions or events in future. Develop at your leisure)
Rider rank: Ensign
Any additional info about your rider:
Horse's name:
Horse height: 16h
Horse personality in two words or a funny gif:
The first ride:
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tuareg War Mount 1: Arrow Stallion

Postby landofmakebelieve » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:05 am

Username: piaffes
Rider name: Cydney Mcleigh
Any additional info about your rider: None at the moment
Horse's name: Pheonixx
Horse personality in two words or a funny gif:
The first ride:

Wip
hello, bonjour
please call me believe

herro der mes amis, i am believe. proud canadian, ottb loving, colt breaking, nfr dreaming. pictured on the left is my racetrack reject, landofmakebelieve, aka molly, moo, shmoo, whatever name comes to mind x] molly is a 10 year old canadian bred thoroughbred mare, and standing at about 16.2hh, we look a little wonky when we chase cans, but la dee da that's alright. molly and i tried several disciplines. i tried desperately to get her to catch on to dressage, but unfortunately, she still has the race bred mind and is all go. however, together we found a discipline which we could both enjoy; western gaming. this summer we started travelling to barrel races locally. our current record on a standard size pattern is 17.314 and we are improving with every run. and to all the low budget barrel racers out there such as myself, a word of advise; chin up darling. you may not have a million dollar mount under your butt, but you and your crossbred, rejected, hard headed, rescue baby can do it. you know why? cause those girls sitting in their custom circle y's, upon shiny, top of the line mounts are full of themselves. they think there's no way they can lose. they get cocky. stay humble, believe in yourself, in your horse, and most importantly ride your little heart out.
landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:04 am

Since there are no finished forms for this guy, I will extend this until there are. Remember that Arrows are one of the smaller legions, so relatively few will be released.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Good.Pointe » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Username: Rose Rivervalley
Rider name: Kate Zebraforest (My FABULOUS real life sister! http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=725691)
Any additional info about your rider: We own Rivervalley Stables together, and I've chosen her to show her. I do also ride her, but I don't show her.
Horse's name: Clouded Sunset
Horse personality in two words or a funny gif: http://wanna-joke.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/funny-gif-club-cant-handle-party-hard.gif
The first ride: The first time I would ever mount this beauty arrived. I slowly eased my weight up and on the saddle, and then I immediately got thrown off. I got back on, this time with a bit more success, as she walked around before throwing me again. I tried once more, this time I was able to walk her around a bit. Again, I ended up on the ground. I got back on again, for the last time that day. Success. She finally gave in to the bit. I walked her around the arena and called it a day. From then on she's been an amazing riding horse.
Good.Pointe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:00 am

closing in TWO HOURS.
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 14 gifts.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 am

Ohh goodness<3 Do you think possibly you could extend this a little longer? ;w;
hanging around collecting butterfly wolves
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:21 am

If you want to throw an application in we certainly will not discount it!
He was not given an owner because of a low application count, so any apps are still being considered.
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:43 am

Username: of gators & feigns
Rider name: Lewis Young
Any additional info about your rider: Lewis is often goes by the name 'Lou' and is as much as a wild boy as his mount, but after an accident shortly after his initiation he's become mute. Now at age 27 it doesn't seem as if the young man is going to open back up anytime soon, but you can see the elation is his blue eyes whenever he's with his loyal mount, they're akin to something more than beast and man, brothers in arms, they're pieces of the same soul.
Horse's name: Ellie
Horse personality in two words or a funny gif: Laughing man
The first ride: Lou's first time on the back of Ellie was a moment he will never let out of his memories, mostly because it was the second most thrilling, terrifying, and boldest thing he'd ever done. Lewis was 15, healthy and wide eyed when he entered the army. Ellie was a yearling at that time, a bold, aggressive, but potentially a fantastic steed in the making. Lou often spent his spare time in the stables and pastures, watching the colts and fillies buck out their energy when there was no work left for him to do. Two years went by and throughout that time Lou had kept his eye on Ellie, he even nicknamed the young colt "L' for the way he seemed to rear, buck, canter, and laugh, whinnying away from grooms and stable boys alike until one day the colt went at an intitate. Lou had been leaning against the fence when he heard the shout and ran out to help, knocking aside the stable boy and ducking just in time from the colt's hooves. Ellie turned toward Lou, his ears uncertain and reached out his nose. The other boys had been watching from the gate, and since initiation have always taunted and harassed Lou, even then they shouted and teased him until Lou's face twisted in a funny sort of way. The colt watched him warily and Lou, gripping the young horse's withers, hiked himself on the back of the stallion, much to the astonishment of the other soldiers. A moment of silence passed by, the mute atop one of the rowdiest, unbroken colts, and just silence. And then Ellie threw himself backwards, twisted around and bucking in a furious frenzy, Lou just barely staying on. Ellie reared and pawed the air, his ears against his back until several minutes later seemed to quiet. He glanced backward, his eyes layered with irritation and oddly, just huffed. Lou hesitantly slid off the colt's back, his legs shaking and sweat dripping down his neck and slowly took a few steps back. Ellie turned to gaze at the young man and stepped toward him, pushing his nose into the boy's chest and cantering off, whisking his tail and whinnying. Once he was a few meters away he stopped and looked back at Lou, shaking his mane as if to say 'come on!' Lou started after the colt, the two making a wild start to their bonding.

woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:54 am

of gators & feigns wrote:Username: of gators & feigns
Rider name: Lewis Young
Any additional info about your rider: Lewis is often goes by the name 'Lou' and is as much as a wild boy as his mount, but after an accident shortly after his initiation he's become mute. Now at age 27 it doesn't seem as if the young man is going to open back up anytime soon, but you can see the elation is his blue eyes whenever he's with his loyal mount, they're akin to something more than beast and man, brothers in arms, they're pieces of the same soul.
Horse's name: Ellie
Horse personality in two words or a funny gif: Laughing man
The first ride: Lou's first time on the back of Ellie was a moment he will never let out of his memories, mostly because it was the second most thrilling, terrifying, and boldest thing he'd ever done. Lewis was 15, healthy and wide eyed when he entered the army. Ellie was a yearling at that time, a bold, aggressive, but potentially a fantastic steed in the making. Lou often spent his spare time in the stables and pastures, watching the colts and fillies buck out their energy when there was no work left for him to do. Two years went by and throughout that time Lou had kept his eye on Ellie, he even nicknamed the young colt "L' for the way he seemed to rear, buck, canter, and laugh, whinnying away from grooms and stable boys alike until one day the colt went at an intitate. Lou had been leaning against the fence when he heard the shout and ran out to help, knocking aside the stable boy and ducking just in time from the colt's hooves. Ellie turned toward Lou, his ears uncertain and reached out his nose. The other boys had been watching from the gate, and since initiation have always taunted and harassed Lou, even then they shouted and teased him until Lou's face twisted in a funny sort of way. The colt watched him warily and Lou, gripping the young horse's withers, hiked himself on the back of the stallion, much to the astonishment of the other soldiers. A moment of silence passed by, the mute atop one of the rowdiest, unbroken colts, and just silence. And then Ellie threw himself backwards, twisted around and bucking in a furious frenzy, Lou just barely staying on. Ellie reared and pawed the air, his ears against his back until several minutes later seemed to quiet. He glanced backward, his eyes layered with irritation and oddly, just huffed. Lou hesitantly slid off the colt's back, his legs shaking and sweat dripping down his neck and slowly took a few steps back. Ellie turned to gaze at the young man and stepped toward him, pushing his nose into the boy's chest and cantering off, whisking his tail and whinnying. Once he was a few meters away he stopped and looked back at Lou, shaking his mane as if to say 'come on!' Lou started after the colt, the two making a wild start to their bonding.

we loved this application so much, we have decided to declare you the winner of this fine arrow stallion!
    welcome to the Tuareg family, we cannot wait to have you!
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.

reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woolly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:56 am

Oh wow thank you guys so much! I'm so happy I caught this in time, he's a beaut! Can't wait to draw Lou and develop them more. Besides what's on the main page, is there anything else to know about Ensigns and Arrows?
woolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me