My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adult

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:50 am

Hm, didn't know buttermilk buckskins work, I always thought that, since the parents have a dark starting coat (black and (in the mother's case) a dark brown), the foal would have a rather dark coat too... The Cream gene might come to add to the foal, so yes, buckskin, but one with an extremely light coat such as a buttermilk? I always like to think of the darkness of the fur as similar to a human's skin. Usually, dark-skinned people don't get light-skinned children? It is put down in genetics too, and if both parents get him/her the darkened-fur genetic code, as probably in this case... Shouldn't it have a colour more similar to the mother's, maybe a bit darker even?
Correct me anyone, if I am wrong, I was just a bit torn looking at the result, it seemed so unfamiliar ^^
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowhunter, » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:53 am

I wasn't really going for genetics for this one xP Since the foal may come out looking too much like either parent.

...might change it now though
shad | he/they

Shadowhunter,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am

I am sorry, I was just wondering, doesn't mean I am right ^^
No need to change it just because of me, if you like it, everything's fine! :)
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:54 am

VampireMessageNinja wrote:Hm, didn't know buttermilk buckskins work, I always thought that, since the parents have a dark starting coat (black and (in the mother's case) a dark brown), the foal would have a rather dark coat too... The Cream gene might come to add to the foal, so yes, buckskin, but one with an extremely light coat such as a buttermilk? I always like to think of the darkness of the fur as similar to a human's skin. Usually, dark-skinned people don't get light-skinned children? It is put down in genetics too, and if both parents get him/her the darkened-fur genetic code, as probably in this case... Shouldn't it have a colour more similar to the mother's, maybe a bit darker even?
Correct me anyone, if I am wrong, I was just a bit torn looking at the result, it seemed so unfamiliar ^^

I feel like buttermilk would work, cause you can also get a palomino out of a Buckskin and a Black, (which is what I made). <3
It's just more rare and a smaller chance to get that option. Sorry bout popping in, but genetics are fun, but also very complicated xD I can tell where your coming from vamp, and you have more of a possibility of being right. <3
I'm probably wrong though xP

[⌦] THE
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
don't remove
Hᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
Cᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏʀᴇ,
I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ .Lᴏɴᴇ Wᴏʟғ.

don't remove
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
S THE MASTER