Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

WME Sketch by ~Faith~

Artist ~Faith~ [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

WME Sketch

Postby ~Faith~ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:52 am

Just some more little sketches with my new tablet. Hind legs are what kill me, I can never get the anatomy right but I keep on trying. If anyone in the WME is interested and there is a lot of interest I might make this into a line art for the WME community, who knows.
      Anyway if anyone could offer me a bit of advice it would be greatly appreciated. :3
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME Sketch

Postby fantasy girl » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:41 am

It is always great to look at a horse skeleton, and try and sketch that out first before fleshing out a sketch. It gives pretty much instantly a better grasp of anatomy.
Another thing you can do is to take a look at this, it shows easily the horse anatomy and how to build up the horse body (you can drop out the centaur part)

Some keypoints that I spotted to point out are;

1) The withers aren't really that wide, as seen on the illustration it's like a little lump that sticks out.
2) The shoulder needs to be smaller, it starts sort of narrow on the withers then widens out (as seen on the illustration), and the stomach is more barrel shaped. The back also needs to be longer.
3) The neck in general is longer than pictured, even when curled. But you've got it put in place correctly though! Just a bit short
4) The back part of a horse is higher than the frontpart, so in a way it needs to be tilted upwards a bit as the hips are rather tall in a horse. This means also that the hocks should be higher placed than the knees.
5) The head is a bit small compared to the body
6) When placing the legs think of them as mirrors. If the left front leg is put in front of the right frontleg then the right hindleg will be in front/under the belly.

I made also a quick redline to show off these points to hopefully make better sense of them. But I am by no means an expert on the anatomy field of equines, I am still learning myself. So take my words with a grain of salt, as you should do with all information in general. These points are just what I would've done differently.

Hope this was useful in any sort of way though!
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME Sketch

Postby ~Faith~ » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:46 am

fantasy girl wrote:
It is always great to look at a horse skeleton, and try and sketch that out first before fleshing out a sketch. It gives pretty much instantly a better grasp of anatomy.
Another thing you can do is to take a look at this, it shows easily the horse anatomy and how to build up the horse body (you can drop out the centaur part)

Some keypoints that I spotted to point out are;

1) The withers aren't really that wide, as seen on the illustration it's like a little lump that sticks out.
2) The shoulder needs to be smaller, it starts sort of narrow on the withers then widens out (as seen on the illustration), and the stomach is more barrel shaped. The back also needs to be longer.
3) The neck in general is longer than pictured, even when curled. But you've got it put in place correctly though! Just a bit short
4) The back part of a horse is higher than the frontpart, so in a way it needs to be tilted upwards a bit as the hips are rather tall in a horse. This means also that the hocks should be higher placed than the knees.
5) The head is a bit small compared to the body
6) When placing the legs think of them as mirrors. If the left front leg is put in front of the right frontleg then the right hindleg will be in front/under the belly.

I made also a quick redline to show off these points to hopefully make better sense of them. But I am by no means an expert on the anatomy field of equines, I am still learning myself. So take my words with a grain of salt, as you should do with all information in general. These points are just what I would've done differently.

Hope this was useful in any sort of way though!

Any help is greatly appreciated as always. Thank you very much. <3
      I don't draw equines very much. lol
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....∂єνιαитαят
....ωσι
....ωмεs/ωмє ¢нαℓℓєиgє

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me