Forum rules
Old art from the Official weekly challenge board will be moved here automatically when the weekly challenge timer runs out.

If you didn't finish your drawing in time for the current challenge, feel free to post it in the weekly challenge board anyway, as it will eventually make its way here with the other retired challenge art :)

Rabbit's Song by Schneemaehne

Artist Schneemaehne [gallery]
Time spent 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rabbit's Song

Postby Schneemaehne » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am

At last he turned to Rabbit,
With a twinkle in his eye.
"You'll be my favorite creature
And here's the reason why:
Your eyes are bright, your feet are swift,
Your ears hear round the bend.
But your very simple humbleness
Will steal the heart of men."

~S.J. Tucker, "Rabbit's Song"~

Okay, so this kinda got out of hand. I always, always wanted to create a drawing inspired by one of Tucker's songs, even though I rather thought about "Raven's in the Library" or "Cheshire Kitten". But I saw the prompt, and I had no idea what to do with it. So I started to doodle a little rabbit. Then I saw the new bunnies from today, especially the black-n-white one with the stripes and thought I might want to do this one. But kinda abstract, with swirls and stufff. Yeah, you see how it ended ;)

Anyways, hope you like. Please listen to the whole song if you have the time, it tells a wonderful story of a trickster trying to find animals to help him teach and guide mankind. But most of them are too scary, too big or too stern for his taste. Under a tree he finds the strange group of a crow, a raven, a coyote and a rabbit, all of them being a bit on the odd side. And he decides that those four are the best of all beasts to aid his case. It's lovely and maybe not too Easter-ish but a nice lesson for life ;)

Greets,
Schnee

Lyrics and song (c) by S.J. Tucker. No copyright infringement intended.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit's Song

Postby GrimWolf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:57 pm

I love your art style! I wish i could draw like that.
Pumpkins <3
GrimWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rabbit's Song

Postby Schneemaehne » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:25 am

Thanks a lot! It is not my usual style, though ;)
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me