My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lyde

Postby pIanted » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:54 pm

;U; most smexy Kia ever *hands award*
they/them pronouns!
[ I am not at all active on this platform atm. might change in the future, might not. ]

deviantart || my characters
[ was lucky cerise and date m8 ]
pIanted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Syra » Mon May 12, 2014 1:20 pm

This Kiamara is Up for Re-Adoption
Lyde has been in an accident!
Some sort of accident has happened to Lyde that is either affect his
memories, personality, or both!

Your job is to describe in 100 words or less what the accident was and
then in 150 words or less, describe what affects it has had on him.
Remember, bigger is not always better.

You may build your own form with ONE extra (200 words or 1 art piece)
Prettying up IS allowed

End Date:
6/1/14

NOTES ABOUT LYDE
HIS NAME MUST STAY THE SAME
Lyde is a grandfather now
Has a sister
He is mates with Chippewa
Big family from Chippewa's side
Lyde and Chip are childhood friends
They met eachother in a forest, when he was hunting for shiny things
iJellybean would like them to breed a second time at some point
Has an adopted granddaughter Izy
They live on a ranch ( Lyde and Chippewa )
Last edited by Syra on Mon May 12, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leaving this account.
I just... need a clean start.
Syra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Mon May 12, 2014 1:21 pm

marking! c:
ϟ Struck by lightning, sounds pretty frightening

☁☁☁

What happened:
It all happened in an instant. He remembered the deafening crack and the blinding flash before all went black. Lyde knew of the looming storm and that lightning strikes in open fields. But still, he made his way outside to the familiar plain to get some fire wood. Not once did he think that he would be the unlucky one, to fall victim to the storm. And somewhere along the way back to his home, the blinding and lethal bolt of energy overtook him.

The effects:

ϟ But you know the chances are so small
Last edited by Pi. on Thu May 22, 2014 11:02 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImage
-----------

Hey there, I'm Pi!
Need any help? Send a help ticket!
Pi.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lyde // Falling Down Into Those Holes

Postby sheepsorrel » Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 pm

→→CALL ME LYDE.

ready? set? go. wrote:
When I was hunting for things on the beach, I fell down a hole. I hurt lots just tripping down. I remember falling a long way, and then hitting my head on a root, turning myself upside-down. I landed on my face. I woke up later, and my luck was... better! I remembered almost everything, though. I had landed near an old necklace. I sold it for about fifty dollars. Not that much, but I got some money. I climbed down the next day and found a chest full of jewelry! I got seven-hundred sixty dollars.

sometimes you lose the race, wrote:"Well," you say. "What happened to you, anyway?"

Once I was out of the doctors office, I went back to the hole. I looked at it and saw there was a necklace, like I said. All of that happened. From then on, I always got lucky. I'm very wealthy now! I still love to look for shiny things, and I have a collection (I have hundreds) of bottle caps.
Last edited by sheepsorrel on Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The One & Only Vapor » Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Username;; The One & Only Vapor

Name;; Lyde

Gender;; Male

Story;;
"Ly-yde!" called Chippewa. "You done harvesting those crops?"
Lyde wiped his brow. "One more row!" he replied cheerfully.
Uninterrupted after that, Lyde harvested crops with the scythe-equipped machine. When he tried to turn it off, however, it did something unusual- made a peculiar clanking noise before the engine sputtered and died.
He frowned. That didn't- hadn't ever happened. Lyde leaned in to look at the motor...
And an inch-thick metal rod spat out, carving a neat hole in the right side of the tri-colored Kiamara's head and dropping him like a bag of bricks before continuing through the air.

{word count: 100/100}

How it affects him;;
"You're lucky, Lyde. The rod only smashed your brain's right frontal lobe- the least useful lobe, and with the least damage. But unfortunately, it may have some negative side effects..." The doctor grimaced, then left.
Lyde soon learned for himself. He never seemed to move quite how he wanted to. He often stumbled when he walked, or dropped things. His memory seemed to be missing parts. He remembered his family, including Chippewa, but large amounts of time were gone. Many small milestones also appeared missing. The only thing worse, Lyde discovered, was how his personality changed. He had been carefree and easygoing, but being without part of your brain makes one much more paranoid, and stressed about insignificant things. He also seemed to be more obsessive over perfection, and he tended to retreat into his thoughts more. But Lyde didn't mind, simply thankful that he still had his family.

{word count : 150/150}

His plans for the future;;
Although Lyde does have his limitations now, he's not completely incapacitated. And despite his dramatic personality change, he still retains every bit of love for every one of his family members. Therefore, with their assistance, Lyde has created a list of goals that he hopes to accomplish. Among them are:
- Lyde desires to have more children with Chippewa. Whether it's one or two little bundles of joy, he wants to have young'uns around in the ranch-house again. Perhaps it's because the majority of his memory gaps exist in his childhood, which is now rather foggy and faded as a whole, that he wishes to see children grow up once more?
- Lyde wishes to visit a foreign country. If #1 happened it could be inconvenient, but he doesn't want to move somewhere new. He loves the ranch-house and farm. But new unrest, perhaps another result of his accident, has come over him, and with it the desire to travel.
- One of Lyde's other goals is to build a treehouse. Though a bit odd, he has glimpses of memories from his childhood, and since such memories are now immeasurably priceless, he's decided to, in a sense, make those memories come true. It'll also be valuable if goal #1 comes to fruition.

{word count: 198/200}
Last edited by The One & Only Vapor on Sat May 31, 2014 8:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
hello there! i'm the...

...one & only vapor.

check out my art shop!! [click words or dragon]

they/them pronouns please

nontheist • pro-choice • LGBTQA+ rights • INFJ • feminist
agender • pansexual

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The One & Only Vapor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ravendarus » Mon May 12, 2014 1:32 pm

Image wish I remembered…

Imagehat happened to me back then…

Image feel like I woke up to an angel...

Lyde wrote:The Angel called me Lyde when I woke up, she smiled at me, I don't remember her, but she calls herself Chip, she said I fell of the roof of the barn. I was cleaning up the roof, fixing the tiles and stuff like that, working hard, but then a gust of wind came and I fell, I was trying to grab onto the ladder, but on my way down, I got under it and it fell on me.

Lyde wrote:Chip, I'm a bit sad, I don't remember her at all, I don't remember anything. She tells me all these things about who I am, and how I used to be, but it seems so odd, I can't remember at all. It frustrates me that I can't remember, I'm not her perfect Lyde, even if I wanted to be I just can't. It hurts me, I'm meeting new Kiamara's everyday, but they are my family, they know me so well, but then I can't remember them like I would like to. I try to put on a smile and pretend it's okay, just so I don't hurt Chip, she seems to really care for me, and I think I do as well, for her, but I feel so distant from her and I can sense her hurt… and it hurts me too. I still love her, no matter what.

A Sweet Remembrance
Lyde wrote:I looked at Chip as she placed an ice pack on my head, "How does that feel?" She asked me, I smiled quietly at her, "Well… nice…" I answered quietly, I noticed her smile falter when I said that, but I smiled a bit more for her, "Much Better" I said perking up a bit, seeing her smile lift made me feel even the tiniest bit better. She was a beautiful kia and I don't know what I would do without her. I was lost, but she was here to guide me. "So… how did.. we meet again?" I asked her curiously. "Well we meet… again in the forest, we were childhood friends, but hadn't seen each other in a while, but then we meet up in the forest… and I asked where you got your feathers" She said softly to me, "You told me an abandoned nest, whilst you were looking for shiny things" She chuckled, "it's your hobby, collecting shining things" She said, I blinked a bit and smiled, looking down at my swirl chain on my tail. "Well… I do love shiny things" I casted her a gentle smirk, she chuckled softly and smiled at me.
Last edited by Ravendarus on Sat May 31, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lyde

Postby christine, » Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Username-
Spottedsong

Name-
Lyde

I should’ve been expecting it. I mean, they had warned me about the dangers of overworking. But I never thought it would happen to me. I didn't want to stop and think of myself, there were others to help. However, with each friendly gesture I gave and each task I took on, my heart beat a little faster. A little faster. Until the heart attack finally happened. It was over quickly, at least. I hardly felt it. I was outside, I remember. A flash of pain up my arm, then it all went to black when I finally passed out.

[100/100]

Before the attack, Lyde was the most loyal friend anyone could’ve asked for. It was almost dangerous how hard he would work to satisfy others. After it happened, he started to close himself off a little. Lyde was scared of it happening again, so he decided to make sure he never came close to overworking himself. It became harder for him to socialize, and really get to know people. He’s put a lot of stress on Chippewa, because she makes him a lot more confident, and he always wants to be around her. The only kids he can stand are his grandkids. He’s slowly becoming more antisocial, snapping at others and hiding away. He sees his errors and wants to be better, though. He’s going to have to rely on Chip for a lot of things… but he wants to be the friendly neighbor that he used to be again.
[150/150]

It was a few weeks after Lyde had finally been released from the hospital. In an attempt to release stress, he decided he would go clear out the attic. It was then when he came across this...

An old letter.

Dear Chippewa,
So, uh, hi. I'm Lyde. We met looking for those shiny things, remember? I've been trying to find you a locket or something to give you, uh... Because I think you're pretty. Really pretty. And funny and smart and an amazing equestrian. Oh, gosh, I sound so cheesy. Is it weird to write love letters? I hope not, because I'd write you a million if you wanted me to. I'd do anything. I'm not just some random guy who thinks you're pretty, I swear. I just.... I love you, and want you to know that, even if you don't feel the same way. I want to grow old with you, to see the silver streak your hair and the coos of our kids as we hold them in our arms. They'd have your eyes, and they'd be perfect.
I'm such a creep... but I love you.

Lyde
[189/200]
Last edited by christine, on Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
christine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me