27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Woof Rune

Postby Marmoset » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Damika

Owner: Syn + Jessy
Breedable: Yes
Type: Woof Rune

~The Story of the Desert Dog Rune~
I like to be the lone wolf sometimes, I'll stray from the pack to find new Rune Dragons. We were out in the desert when I decided to go for a walk... I got lost.

I was parched and hungry, when I came across a desert tribe, they were thriving in such dry conditions, and they let me in to refresh my supplies. While I was staying with them, I kept hearing a low woofing noise, when I asked one of the Tribesmen if they had dogs, they shook their head. It was a strange thing to hear, then I found the source, the Rune sat on the sand inside a hut, blinking up at me with green eyes, it was all dusty and almost blended in with the sand, appart from the dark browns. I named it a Woof Rune, for its strange way of communicating, it doesnt chirp or squeak like most Rune Dragons, it wuffs.
Last edited by Marmoset on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Woof Rune

Postby {converse} » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Aww... so cute!
I have a life outside of CS, and Warrior Lion is my cousin ^^Image
{converse}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snapel » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:19 pm

it is so cute
RIP Alan Rickman, know that we all love you and miss you <3ImagePlease cheak out this awsome site
Please click --> http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/Padfootlover#0 ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snapel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:11 pm

Owner Name:
*Blackberry*
Name:ビーグル
Bīguru
Reason for naming him Bīguru: Bīguru means Beagle in Japanese, I named him Bīguru is because his flop ears are like a beagle one. And since he is a dog Rune, Beagle is a dog breed after all.

Personality:
Bīguru is actually a brave little one, he is almost always serious about things. He likes to joke around and make others laugh. He is very modest and not proud, he is also very friendly and easily make friends instead of enemy. Bīguru is kindhearted, helpful, honest and always loyal. He is kind and will help anybody who needs his help, he is also very honest and does not tell lies at all. But one thing is that, he is very stubborn and does not accept help from anybody.
Why do you wish to have him/her:
Bīguru is so adorable and I love dogs, and his markings is amazing! The bone shape on his wing is so cute. And then his so adorable eyes, who can resist this handsome dog Rune? And then, I always have wanted to have a pet dog but I don't, and then when I saw there was a dog Rune, I had to try because he looks a lot like a dog.
Where will you keep him/her:
I will create a thread for all my Runes and place him inside, and I will place every single detail about him right there and he will have his own special post in there. And if there is a role-play, I will make him join in the role-play.
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
(I will have to consider over it but most likely will breed him. If I am going to breed him, I might breed him with Aijin" my first Rune.)
Any Quirks:

His 1st quirk: He tends to scratch his body with his leg like a dog, he doesn't no why but every time he feels itchy, he will just scratch himself like a dog.
Second one: He keep going to the beach and swim in the sea, he just love to go there. And then move his legs to swim like a dog the way he moves his legs.
Third: He likes to sleep with his wings spread out.
Fourth: If someone shines a spot of light on the wall, he will try and catch it, he will try and try till it is gone.

Other:
I just had to try for this adorable and handsome Dog Rune!
Last edited by *Blackberry* on Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Update: July 31st 2016
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby percabeth. » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Owner Name:
WolfEclipse
Name:
Fresco
Personality:
Fresco is funny, and easily distracted. But he is still a magnificent friend, he is very nice but he isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
Cause he is so handsome! And when I look at him, it seems like he has a funny personality to me! And I have a funny personality too!
My signature
Yes!
Any Quirks:
None
Other:
None
percabeth.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 am

Owner Name:
maluruloki
Name:
Alaizabel
Personality:
Alaizabel is rather canine in her personality, but anybody could have told you that. She is deliberate about everything that does; it all has a reason, even if it's absolutely crazy or makes someone else mad. She is curious about everything save for loud noises. If anything gets dropped or a big bang sound out, she will yelp and hide instead of waiting to see if it was going to hurt her. She loves attention in any way, shape and/or form, even if you're yelling at her. She'll just sit on your arm, give you a big-eyed lovable stare, and slowly swing her tail back and forth. It's impossible to stay mad at her for long, especially when she gives you the sad face with droopy ears. She is loyal to the death and lacks an interest in judging you as her owner. She takes what you do at face value. Sometimes, her owner confuses her, but she's come to accept the fact that humans are weird. And hairless.
I'm a dog trainer in real life, so the chance to own this Rune would seriously make my day/week/month/etc, etc. I can also see this Rune getting along very well with Phaedrus in a "Fox and Hound" sort of sense. :)
I intend to draw up a group shot to put in my signature, but she would live in my thread in the meanwhile. She would also appear in the roleplay, whenever it picks up again.
I bet someone's going to ask, so yes!
Any Quirks:
Alaizabel chases laser pointers! They drive her up the wall - literally. She will fly around for hours in an attempt to eat that little red dot. Who says being easily amused isn't fun? :D She also has a habit of sleeping in odd positions, with one wing sticking out or half-off whatever object she's lying on. The most favorite game in the world to her: stealing hats off people's heads and then stashing them places. It drives her owner NUTS.
Other:
A Short Story:
It was one of those drizzly days in Eldamore that everyone hated. Grey, overcast skies released a constant near-rain that was frustratingly difficult to deal with; half the time, you could wear enough clothing to keep the droplets from soaking into your skin while the unlucky few managed to come in from outside shivering and chattering their teeth against the numbness. I was one of the smart ones, with my outdoorsy all-weather coat that protected against the thick droplets and allowed them to slide like water off a duck's feathers. The streets were pretty much empty save for me and a few straggling shoppers trying to get home before they caught cold. I was just meandering. I had no real purpose to my route other than to figure out exactly what to do about my latest loss. My dog, my oldest friend...he had passed away the night before of old age and it had left me adrift in a sea of turmoil and sadness. My wavering reflection stared up at me from a ripple-filled puddle as I paused to stare. Tears filled my eyes as those memories ate at me. I would never again come home to his kisses and wagging tail and - wait. Something had flashed in a black blur up above me in the reflected sky; I had only seen it because of the puddle. Whipping around, I saw some being falter in flight and awkwardly fall down into an alleyway not a block down the road. Glancing around carefully, I sighed and nonchalantly made my way towards the entrance to the alley. My heart had gone from raggedly beating to racing against my ribs. If this was what I thought it was... If I befriended it...whatever goodness in the universe would have to help me if I were ever caught. The entrance to the alley was as gloomy as I expected and I fingered the can of mace I always kept in my pocket. I could handle my own to an extent. Not that anyone had been the victim of a mugging lately, with the Cutters knuckling down on anything remotely punishable. Over the constant pattering of the rain on the sidewalk and rattling gurgle of the drainpipes, I heard a faint muffled sound. Frowning, I entered the alley, all my focus on the rustling in the far trash cans. One of the lids clanged to the cement and I couldn't help but jump. I looked back over my shoulder; no attention had been drawn and I sighed in relief. As my eyes flickered back towards the rubbish bins, I was able to see the outline of something with wings tearing at the remains of a burger. As I stepped closer, my foot fell on an aluminum can and the crinkling crunch startled the creature. It let out a yelp and threw up water as it tried to escape. Its movement was abruptly impeded by the wooden fence at the end of the alley and it landed groggily on the cement, grumbling to itself as it lay there. I was embarrassed at my clumsiness and concerned now for the poor thing. It took me a minute more of watching it right itself to realize what exactly I was staring at: a Rune Dragon. It was decidedly dog-like and even shook the excess water from its fur as it turned to observe me. It was hard to tell the colors in the faint light and the rain didn't help; I guessed it was a light brown with some darker spots and a cream-tipped tail. It was the eyes that ultimately did me in and sealed my fate. She had these beautiful, limpid eyes. How to describe the green...? The softest spring green of the baby willow tree leaves in the dawn sunlight. The shy green of the moss that grows hidden in the shadows of the trees. The vibrant green of a dragonfly zipping over a lake in the summertime. All it took was one long stare of those verdant eyes and a small, hesitant and heart-grabbing "woof" for me to be head-over-heels in love. Alaizabel came home with me that evening and while my heart was still aching at the loss of one love, another came fluttering shyly into my life like a balm from paradise. It's been hard keeping her all to myself, but I don't think she minds very much. I can tell that other people weren't kind to her. I promised her from that evening onwards that I would keep her forever in my heart. You know what? I think she understood.
I found out later that Alaizabel's family originally came from the far deserts. I can't imagine how she could have gotten into the city other than through some smuggling ring. Where was her family? Were they here in the city too or had they fallen prey to the Cutters? The more we're together, the more I can begin to piece together her past. I think that I plan on returning to the desert one day, just to see what she'll do. It'll be our next big adventure together!

Artwork:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1277250 - :D
Last edited by maluruloki on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:FarmGirlAtHeart:. » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:13 am

Erbro~Jemmy
Bam-Bam
male
Bam-Bam, or Bams, or known by some by Speckles or Specks, is a funny boy. Bams will thump his tail on the ground, which is how he got his name. He will also run around on his tip-toes flapping his wings and wuffing at the top of his lungs. He loves the Dukes of Hazard, The Flintstones, and Victorious. He loves the theme song for Victorious, "Make it Shine", and he will spin around in circles 'dancing' when it comes on. He has a huge crush on Tori and will attack the TV whenever anyone kisses her or touches her.His favorite season is winter, and he can wuff out Jingle Bells. He loves Christmas, but is scared of Santa. He saw Santa once and I think that's the reason he is deathly afraid of the dark. Specks will crawl under the blanket and lay on my feet even when its over 90 degrees in my house if he is in the dark. He has a rabbit friend named Bugs. Bugs is a baby Jackrabbit. (Yes, he is a real rabbit at my house.) Bams loves the fresh country air. He loves stalking my chickens. He would never hurt them but he thinks its funny how my rooster comes to attack him through the wire when he threatens the girls. He doesn't like thunder, but loves rain. He could play in the rain all day. Bam-Bam enjoys running through my yard (I own a 5 acre lot) and chasing off the barn cats. All in all, Bam-Bam is a really cool dragon and a great forever friend.
I saw Bams for the first time and I instantly knew in my heart that he was the rune for me. I love animals, but didnt even see that he was a dog based rune at first. What I thought was "OH. MY. GOD! THAT DRAGON IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE WORLD WITH ITS WITTLE FLOPPY EARS!!!" Ya, I can feel that Bam-Bam is the one for me. And also, a tail I can fianlly stand! My goodness, most of the tails are enough to give me nightmares. But his! the perfect, non-nightmare-giving tail!
sig, pictures in my art room, in my bedroom, adopted pets thread, and in my house with me.
Posibly, it would have to be the right girl. I will be really strict if I do breed him, and it would have to be 'the chosen one'. That way I could say: "(enter dragons name here) you are the chosen one!" and that way if I do breed then Bams could say to one of his children "(enter rune's name here), I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!" He he..... Ok, next area to fill out...
Bams likes to watch TV and thump his tail on the ground. He will also attack the TV.
I would include in my story. :-)
I will make some if I win.... Well, probly have someone elce make one. *is no good at virtual art*
Last edited by .:FarmGirlAtHeart:. on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Everyday, it's getting closer...

Going faster than a roller coaster...
.:FarmGirlAtHeart:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 am

Will be trying out <3333 OH MY GLOB, the adorableness o3o
hi i am soda/eli :-)

mostly inactive these days </333 but hanging around to draw occasionally

she/they idc - intp - capricorn ☼ aries ☾ libra ⇡ - adult - usa

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby min yoongi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Owner Name:
.:after-life:.
Name:
Fioralba is an Italian name composed of the elements fiore "flower" and alba "dawn," meaning "flower of dawn." Fioralba's name, or Fiore, as she likes to be called, came from the place and time I met her - at the break of dawn near a single blood red flower that somehow managed to survive in the harsh desert. It was probably one of the tribesman that planted it and took care of it. However, I believe it wasn't the tribesman's sole doing, since I had a strange feeling about that flower that Fiore was actually the one taking care of it, as she almost bit my hand off when I came too close to the flower.
Even though Fiore is often mistaken for a male due to her looks, her body and personality practically scream female.
Personality:
WIP~ To be written as I get a more clearer view of her personality as my short story progresses~ Though, she is generally shy and faint-hearted, despite sounding tough 'n rough with her woofing.
I honestly don't know where to begin with Fiore. I didn't have that much interest in Rune Dragons and decided to check the main thread in plain boredom. Little did I know I was going to see Fiore and her adorable dog-like colors and features. I saw Fiore when she was first posted, and i pretty much yelled out "oh my gosh this Rune Dragon's so adorable!" I can't take my mind off of her now! Today I was constantly carrying around a small notepad and a pencil in case any idea for her story popped into my mind, so my wish to get her is very large.

Another reason I want Fiore is because of my love of dogs - I love them to death, but as I sadly can't have dogs in my apartment, I have to satisfy myself with something else, and Fiore is a perfect replacement for a dog. She might not be real, but I'll still love her like she was a living creature <3

After I finish my character thread this summer, she'll have a special spot in the post where I keep my most beloved charries/adoptable.
Probably yes, but as Fiore is shy, it'll be hard to break her shell and win her heart over.
Any Quirks:
Fiore has a couple of nasty quirks - she tends to chew on soft things such as pillows, bedsheets, etc., so I have to patch them up every couple of days as her teeth are sharp enough to break the delicate hand-sewed material.
She also has a habit of staring at some people, and it freaks them out, since her eyes have some sort of a soft glow within them... To be honest, it creeps me out, too... I almost had a heart attack when she stared at me in the hall at night some time in last week when I was going to the bathroom...

Other:
Nah :3 The story is located below, by the way x3

Woofs, deserts, and flowers
~Chapter 1~
An Invitation to the desert

{{1st person/my/Kat's Point of View}}

"Are you sure you wanna go there?"

"Yes, I am."

"But... Are you 100% sure nothing's going to happen to you? You're going into the desert in the middle of nowhere, after all..."

"For the last freaking time, YES, I'm 100% sure NOTHING bad's going to happen to me, I mean, Marmoset will be there! She's traveled all over Eldamore, jeez!" I hissed out quite loudly with a hint of annoyance in my voice; I can't even buckle my belt without Karla worrying about me for Pete's sake! In short, Marmoset, a Rune Dragon Explorer, e-mailed me yesterday morning, claiming she found something that might interest me; my guess was that it was a Rune Dragon of some sort, considering that she was a Rune Dragon Explorer.

Seeing as I took little interest in Rune Dragons, I was pondering over whether or not should I visit her and see what she found. Given that I had nothing to do this weekend, I decided to go and check out that something she found; so I replied to her, asking where we should meet up.

I got the reply a couple of hours later around noon; at the same time The Gang, Karla, Antonio, Luke, Christian and Lorianne, decided to burst into my house uninvited and make a mess. When I was reading it, I didn't realize five pairs of curious eyes were peeking at me and my e-mails, deep frowns of disapproval burned onto their faces.

Why? 'Cause my destination was in the middle of nowhere - or should I say, in the middle of a desert. That's right, in the middle of a hot, boiling, sandy desert. Due to my destination and the fact that it's dangerous as hell, The Gang just wouldn't leave me alone the last 12 or so hours - I barely got any sleep because of them.

After an hour or so of arguing with Karla, I finally got her to calm down and stop her worrying over me. A grin graced my lips as I grabbed my backpack filled with roughly enough food and water for at least seven days in the desert and swung it on my shoulder.

Sending a glance at the silver-rimmed clock on the wall and reading the time really quickly, my left hand was buried in my pocket searching for the key of my mansion. Bubblegum, hanky, pencil, eraser, mints, 2 dollar bill,... A-ha! Once my hand reached the jagged edge of the key, I pulled it out and tossed it at Karla, who let out a silent squeak of surprise before she caught the metal tool. She tilted her head and gave me a 'the heck?' look, to which I responded with a slight smirk and a chuckle.

"I'm lending the mansion to you guys", I explained, "Just don't destroy it and keep Snowy away from the fridge, OK?" The smirk on my face widened even more when Karla punched her fit into the air as a sign of victory, the key in her hand colliding with the rose-shaped keychain I got for my last birthday.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!", Karla cheered, doing a little victory dance of hers. I nearly choked on my spit from laughter when Karla jumped from the sofa and collided with the armchair, falling into it and launching the keys into the air which landed onto her head. She let out a pained squeak as my laughter was let out as a strangled chuckle. I grabbed my stomach, my laughter clearing out slightly as I started walking towards the mansion exit.

"O-OK, I'm-ahaha! I'm going to -gasp- leave before I -chucklewheeze- die from laughter! Oh God!", I managed to let out between my wheezes, gasps and laughter. Once I stepped outside, I managed to calm down and take a deep breath.

"Well... Here goes nothing... Marmoset, this better be good..." I mumbled out and brushed a stray lock out of my face. This was an one-time chance I was facing.

Well, no more turning back.

Off to the airport we go.

~End of Chapter 1~

~Chapter 2~
Lost and Found

{{3rd person/nobody's Point of View}}

After a long and tiring plane ride, the girl known as Kat finally landed... But not where she was supposed to land.

"Everybody OK?"

"I guess so..."

"Where are we?"

"Mommy! Waaah!"

"Urgh..." Kat grumbled as she stood up from the boiling hot sand. She blinked twice before she stood up and dusted her clothes from the tiny particles of sand. Still dazed and disoriented, her chocolate brown gaze scanned her surroundings, still trying to form shapes and objects. She squinted her eyes and gingerly touched her burning nose, expecting to find the rim of her glasses so she could push them up. But the only thing her fingers made contact with was the burning soft flesh of her nose with no cool metal resting upon it. She cursed under her breath and looked down, noticing a thin line of metallic red in the sand.

"Could this be...?", she mumbled to herself as she bent down to pick the red item up. Score! Her precious glasses were left unharmed. "Thank God..." she muttered and adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose. She blinked twice before the blurriness left her eyesight and took in her surroundings. The small plane that was supposed to bring her to the small tribe in the desert laid smashed and half-buried under the sand a couple of feet next to her. The girl's eyes were starting to look like two NLOs once the bitter realization hit her like a truck, smashing every hopše in her body to a null.

The plain crashed in the middle of the desert.

"Oh God..." she mumbled, clutching her head as she tried to stay calm. She quickly scanned over the plane's surroundings trying to spot her lavender colored backpack full of ice cold refreshing water and delicious food. Realization hit her again as the backpack was nowhere to be found.

A hiss escaped her mouth as she cursed her luck mentally; she was stranded in the desert without food or water.

This was going to be a long, long day.

However, a silent woof snapped her out of her crestfallen state, and an equally silent "huh?" of curiosity left her mouth. Was the heat already getting to her head? Yeah, probably.

Out of nowhere, a flash of a creamy brown color whizzed right past her, knocking her glasses off her nose. Luckily, her reflexes were fast enough to catch them before they fell. She lifted her head to look at the brown blur flying in the distance, shocked out of her wits. "...What the heck was that?" She asked herself, scratching the crown of her head. That thing...

Well, the only way to find out what it was is to go after it. Kat only prayed to God that it didn't fly too far.

WIP~ not done yet~ 2 more chapters to go!
Last edited by min yoongi on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

╔═════════════════════╗

kate ◍ enfp ◍ she/they

taurus sun ◍ aquarius moon ◍ leo rising

neka sjaji noćas
put do tvoje luke
i daj mi svoje ruke
i pogledaj u sunce
u zalazak mi plovimo

╚═════════════════════╝
min yoongi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolyThera » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 am

ImageImage
Syn + Jessy
Danika
Female
Compassionate, Sweet, Can be stern and bossy but she means it with the best intentions. Has moments of noisiness. Boisterous.
The moment i seen her I was drawn to her eyes. I knew her name like it was spoken to me.
Rune Dragon land XD My Runie thread(soon to be posted), A small cushion in her bed next to the fireplace. Or snuggled with Marlow.
Yesh :D I will but it may just be a private breeding.
She chews on Bones when I am cooking which can be rather annoying but cute. Has a fetish for Squeaky toys and Chew ropes. Woofs at her shadow.
ImageImage

It was a rather dismal day when Danika woke. No sun shone through the pretty stained glass window nor the song of birds chirping among the rose garden. She waddled from her warm bed next to the large stone fireplace and decided it was probably early still. She huffed as she climbed the blanket of her human and snorted at Marlow a fellow Rune sleeping on the bed. "He never stays in the bed given to us She thought to herself as she waddled over to kick him awake. Noticing her human wasnt in the bed she wondered what she was doing. She kicked Marlow then woofed at him before sliding back off the bed via the blanket. Landing on the floor with a thud she made a small ooph sound before getting up and trundling out towards the kitchen. She knew there was something she could smell that interested her. Danika peeked into the old cottage kitchen noticing the fire in the cookery was still burning she thought perhaps her human had gone to town early for more yummy food. Sliding along the always clean tiled floor she stopped in front of the cupboard which housed the yummy things her human threw away. First she tried opening it from the bottom of the door but that didnt work out so well after catching her second toe in it. Limping she looked to a tea towel that hung on the edge of the bench. Woofing happily she began to climb the side of the huge bench. Once at the top she growled slightly at the cold granite beneath her toes but continued on her quest. Danika stopped above the cupboard and smiled to herself. She knew the yummy food was in there cause her nose was smelling a mile an hour. So carefully she pushed out the door making sure to use force enough so it would stay open. Once open the smell of food hit her nose and she woofed loudly and happily. Clutching to the edge of the bench she swung herself in upside down. Danika landed on top of all the yumminess and smiled taking a bone in her mouth she fluttered down to the ground. Once landed she shut the cupboard door like she had seen her human do and then set about gnawing at her bone. Not noticing her human had been watching from the lounge. She felt a small tap on her head and looked up sweetly to her human.
Last edited by PolyThera on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PolyThera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me