34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Deep Sea Rune

Postby Benathorn » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Mariana

Owner: Silverheart
Breedable: Yes
Type: Deep Sea Rune

"The Story of the Rune From the Deep"

"Rune Dragons inhabit all parts of our land. From the skies to the forests and volcanoes, they seem to thrive anywhere and everywhere. However, I have come across a rune from a very unlikely place. The Deep Sea Rune is a dragon that lives in our oceans in pods of four or five other family members. They are able to dive to the deepest parts of the ocean and are known for the tight nit bonds to others of their kind. Being a family based rune, they are certainly quite playful and are always there for their young, with intelligence that seems to match humans and their ways. They have such a vast vocabulary of clicks and shrills, that it seems they have their own speech and communication. Each click they make means something and other Deep Sea Runes respond in kind, be it a threat or a simply invitation to play. These runes are about the same size as humans and those that bond with one are often affiliated with the sea. Fishermen and Seafarers are often bonded with these runes to help the with deep sea fishing and exploring the ocean floor together. They depend on each other so much that tight bonds are created and the person who is bonded to this rune is often accepted as another family member of the pod as well. Such dependence and accepting humans into tightly knit family's is not often seen in rune dragons but these type of runes welcome their bond mates with open hearts. Brave and dependable, it takes one from the sea to be able to bond with this rune and a love for the ocean to match as well."

Last edited by Benathorn on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Deep Sea Rune

Postby wolfie2000 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Owner Name:
wolife2000
Name:
Aquiora
Personality:
Aquiora loves to be with peolpe swimming.She loves see the waves roll in.Aquiora loves to sat and watch the stars over to the water at night.She will curl up with at night.She will play with anyone.She loves to be with her family.She loves to slpash around in the water.
Why do you wish to have him/her:
I was drawn to the name of the name type.The thouhg tof water made me think that this rune would be a great rune for me.I love that it is loyal to its family. Also the wings are so beautiful. The eyes are like hypnizting.I love that about her.
Where will you keep him/her:
I will keep Aquiora in my siggy.I would also make a great thred.I would write stories about Aquiora.I would also draw great picters of her.
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
I would like to breed her.She being bread would be a great thing.I would love to see more of her kind.It would also make her family bigger.
Any Quirks:
Aquiora love to take shells and give them to random people.She will also tkae shells and line her nest with them.She also shakes water on to everyone in area when getting out of the water.
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by wolfie2000 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRY

╔══════════════════════╗
Sheba <3 4/01- 6/17/13
My DA

╚══════════════════════╝
╔══════════════╗
Credit Link
╚══════════════╝
wolfie2000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OctiP » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Owner Name:
AntelopeShortbread
Name:
Lagoona
Personality:
Lagoona likes to bond with almost anyone! She loves to play with sea monkeys and swim for hours non stop. She loves to make friends with other sea life.
Because its truly amazing!
My character thread :3
Sure :D
Any Quirks:
Whenever you scratch under her wing her gills sprout up
Other:
Drawing art
Add on:
Another fantastic Rune Benathorn
OctiP

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 am

She is beautiful.
Last edited by sparrow on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby running red panda » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:00 am

Owner Name:running red panda
(Your Username goes here)
Name: Ariel.(i named her this because it looks like Poseidon, but I wanted it to be a girl, and I think Ariel is Neptune's daughter)
(Dragon's Name goes here)
(Male or Female?)
Personality: Ariel is sort of shy, and sort of not. She doesn't like to be the center of attention of runes she doesn't know well or doesn't know at all, but if she is with her friends, she dances around and just is silly. She loves to be active. She can never sit still.She jumps at the opportunity of spending time with friends and family. She is usually a tom boy, but If you catch her at certain times, you know there is an inner girly girl inside.She is talkative and teases a lot, but knows what is cruel, and what is funny. She would also help out any one in need. She can't stand suffering If it's her own or someone elses
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her: Blue green and pink are my fav colors, and this one has green and blue, so I immediately was drawn to it. I clicked it, and It was an ocean type rune, and I love the ocean, so I had to fill out this form!
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her: In my siggy, heart, and Role Plays!
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is beautiful, so her offspring MUST be!
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks: If you catch her alone sometimes, you see her with her gills opened around her face, and she dances around...
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other: I was SO exited! i haven't been to the beach in months! I got ready and hopped in the car. The ride was so long, but when I got out, I ran to an open spot on the sand, layed my towel down, took off my cover up, and ran towards the clear blue water. I body boarded, boogie boarded, and just swam around. I saw a really big wave, and got my boogie board ready. the wave was too big. It flipped me around and shook me up like a rag doll. When I finally got up to catch my breath, another huge wave came and crashed on my head. I was thrown around just like the first one. I couldn't hold my breath any longer and started to panic. Finally, I just couldn't take it. I gave up the struggle and let out my breath. I was barely aware of my surroundings as I sunk down. Right as I was about to pass out, I saw a blurry shape coming after me. I didn't know what it was, but I thought "I'm going to die anyways. whatever this is, It'll probably kill me faster." It was pulling me down. "it is making sure I can't get away" I thought. The next thing I knew, a mom and dad were kneeling over me. It wasn't right. That thing had to have pulled me down, not up. I swear it did! soon, I coughed up a bunch of water. "she's alive!" I heard my mom say. She hugged me so hard I thought I was going to die again! "what happened? Why am I not dead?" I asked. I had to know what had saved me. I tried to sit up but fell back down. "just lay down and we'll tell you." my dad said "your too weak to sit right now" "fine" I croaked. "well," my mom started."we saw you fall of your board, but you do that sometimes, so I didn't think anything about it. I went back to reading my book, when I heard the life guard's whistle and looked up. I saw your head for a split second when the second wave hit. the life guard started sprinting towards the water, but you were too far out and and there was too many waves for the life guard to get out there in time. Me and your father started to panic. 'What was happening to our baby?' we were thinking. the waves calmed down for a little bit and you didn't come up. I started to cry until this little rune dragon" she said as she held up a rune "was pulling you out of the water. the life guard started to give you CPR and mouth to mouth." "wait! That guy gave me mouth to mouth?" I was staring at the life guard. He had pimples, a beard, and he was the ugliest guy I had ever seen! I started wiping my mouth vigorously, trying to get it out of my mouth. "haha yes he did" my dad said laughing. "let me finish." my mom said "ok so after he saved you,we rushed over here. The rune was beside you, making sure you were ok. It hopped on your chest like it was checking your heart. It really cares." My mom was looking at the rune dragon in her arms. "we decided that we are going to keep it, and get a ocean-like swimming pool for it." "there isn't going to be waves is there?" I asked, remembering what happened. "no, not a single wave" She said laughing. I tried to sit up again, but this time more slowly."may I hold her?" I said looking at the rune. "sure. She is yours now. what are you naming her?" Mom said, handing me the rune. "Ariel" I said. "Poseidon's daughter. He created those waves, and the only one who would care about who is in the waves is his daughter. I think." I said

Please visit my website!! Here is the link! http://animalpetpals.weebly.com/index.html
running red panda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opti-mism » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:48 am

Owner Name:
goldenrose7
Name:
Calypso
Personality:
This little dragoness has a bright and shining personality, one that exceeds the dark depths of the ocean. She loves to make others laugh and is quite caring and loving.
The amazing, unique features on this Rune dragon completely blow me away, and i would be greatly honored to have her as my first Rune Dragon. Her wings especially caught my eye, as well as the colors, and that's when i knew i had to try for her.
Where will you keep her:
I'll keep her on my character page, and i'm in the process of completely reorganizing my siggy, so i shall make a place for my Rune Dragon! :3
I would love to breed her in the future! :3
Any Quirks:
Calypso sleeps curled up in a little ball, prefering to be floating on some source of water, using her wings to keep her afloat. She also has a large love for the stars, and is usually out at night, frolicing in the sunlight, as well as playing with her tail.
Other:
The sea was calm, the waves frothy. Suddenly, a flash of light, and a young rune lept into the air, giggling. Her wings shimmered like the sun, and her eyes drew just about anyone in. The young girl would watch her for hours, her head in her hands, her blonde hair sparkling on her shoulders. Her eyes twinkled with delight of watching a creature so wild and free, such as this Deep Sea Rune. Nothing could ever own her completely, always a part of her would remain free. "Calypso. I'll name you Calypso, after the spirit of the sea. Nothing can ever hold you captive. You'll always return to the sea."
Last edited by opti-mism on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
opti-mism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverKitsune » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:31 am

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*
:My name:

SilverKitsune
:His Name:

Stygia (pronounced Stitch gia/ information about the name is in the story <3)
:Stygia's Gender:

Male of course ;3
:Stygia's personality:

Just like a deep sea rune Stygia is a family loving dragon. He normally cannot stand being outside his comfort zone which would be the depths of the waters with his family members. There are rare times where he would join his pod to the surface of the waters just to play or hunt but they try to keep out of sight from the humans. Stygia can get startled easily and when he does get startled he tends to hide but at times his curiosity is stronger then his fears. Though Stygia may seem skittish or even timid at times he can become fierce when it comes to protecting those he cares about, besides hes a lot larger then other runes and most of the sea creatures. He tends to put his family before himself making him a selfless and loving rune. Regardless of his kind spirit he does not tolerate being seen as weak or being spoken rudely to and what will set him off is when anyone threatens his pod or someone he cares about. A small quirk he has would be his ever changing moods just as how the tides of the ocean are, he also tends to get moody quite easily.
:Why I wish to have Stygia:

I have been stalking the Runes thread for a long while now, I would see many impressive runes come and go but not one has really sparked my interest until I spotted this magnificent deep sea rune. I already could see this breath taking rune swim through the dept of the oceans with his pod and the fact that this rune lives in water was the best part, since I love the element water and the oceans. I love the creatures of the sea and all which comes from the sea which makes this rune even more special. Also since this rune came out during June I love him even more since June is my birth month. To sum it all up this rune's colors and textures as well as his scaly body instead of the soft feathery bodies of other runes truly sparked my interest. He is truly one of a kind and to be able to join his pod would be the best gift of all.
:Where will I keep Stygia:

I do not own many character threads, in fact I don't even have one for my own fursona but for Stygia I would attempt making a character thread just for him so I may put out short stories and artwork of him. Maybe after I get my signature under control I will be able to put him into it for the world to see his beauty.
:If I ever wish to breed Stygia:

Chances are I won't breed him but if I see another rune who is fit for him and that will stay by his side for life then I will consider breeding him.
:Stygia's Quirks:

One of the quirks Stygia has would be how he would go out at night to the surface of the seas just to gaze at the moon for long amounts of time, he seems to have a fascination of the moon and night sky. People might think since hes a deep sea rune that he can't come out onto land but that is not true, like other land creatures he has lungs and nostrils as well as gills which allow him to come to land or stay in the waters. There are times where he seems to dance through the waters when he is alone, during those times he tends to make soft clicks and shrills that almost sound as if he were singing as he dances through the waters. Stygia enjoys collecting pearls, shells, even starfish. He enjoys the shine of pearls the most out of the many shells and starfish he collected. His ever shifting moods would be another quirk, he almost like the oceans tides pushing and pulling like the way he goes from delighted to moody and back again.
:Art of Stygia:

(the sketch)

(the line version)

(finished version, Stygia enjoys standing on top stuff and just watch the scenery X3)

(ouo Stygia likes sushi <3)

(a little pixel gif of Stygia who caught a fishie ouo)

:The Story of Our Meeting:

I look out to the dark blue sea one night but it was not just any night, it was a night of a full moon. With a sigh I stared at the large almost pearl colored moon wondering back to that night where I first saw him. I could remember how his greenish blue scales were illuminated by moonlight alone, giving them gleam a yellowish green color. His delicate almost flimsy looking fin like wings thrust out of the water causing droplets to fly out everywhere. His lustrous eyes were vivid with life as he twisted and twirled in the water, dancing with the waves rather than against. All I could do that night was watch in awe at the beautiful sight before me. I felt captivated by this marvelous creature even a bit afraid. Managing to gather up my courage I went out of my house to the beach. I quietly neared the sea, feeling the tide tickling my bare feet. I froze hearing a soft pattern of clicks and purrs, realizing just then that this rune was singing as he danced gracefully. Not being able to resist any longer I stepped closer towards the water, not caring that my pants were getting soaked. All I could feel now was the pull of the water, edging me towards the rune. As soon as the water was up to my hips, making it hard for me to keep balance the rune looked at me. His piercing golden green eyes burned into my mind. He stopped singing and moving to stay still against the dark waters, staring straight at me. The moonlight was all we had which allowed us to see one another that night. At this moment I felt a bit of fear but then he started to sink away into the depts. I felt myself cry out, hoping he would come back but he was gone. Feeling frustrated I dragged myself out of the waters which threatened to drag me down. That night I went back to my room to stare out my window for who knows how long, hoping that rune would come back and that was how our first meeting went.
About a week later a violent storm came by causing trash from the neighboring town to get washed into the sea which later on washed onto the beach. I groaned in frustration, who wouldn’t when they alone had to clean up trash which was not theirs? But I knew I must if I ever wanted that rune from last night to come back. As I walked up and down the beach collecting trash in my bag I failed to notice a pair of eyes watching me from the waters. It was only when I heard a chirp that I looked up to see that very rune watching me, only this time I could see him fully thanks to the sun. I stared back at him surprised, not daring to move in fear he might go back under the waves. Oh how his fins and scales sparkled due to the sun lit waters. I could now see the small pale blue bumps which decorated his hard smooth sea green body and the sunlight made it seem as if he were made of fine glass rather than scales. After a few minutes of watching he finally returned back to the depts. I sigh with a disappointed look in my eyes; I wanted him to stay a while longer.
The next day I returned to the beach, I haven’t seen him last night so I felt a bit worried. Then I came to understand that he might only come out during full moon nights. I started to get curious about the runes, I know for a fact not many people or maybe no one but me know about the runes under the seas. This make me feel excited but also disappointed, disappointed because no one else knew about them or saw how wonderful they were but in a way I felt honored that I was the one who got to see them. I took out a few salted fish from my basket and stood near the waters, waiting. Soon enough I spotted a glimpse of his fins cutting through the water. He then started coming near, stopping in the shallow waters to watch me with a curious look. I watched him and slowly held out my hand with the fish and offered it to him. He seemed pleased and chirped; it seemed to me that he was thanking me. I then walked into the water holding the basket in one hand and the fish in another. I stopped about five steps from him and allowed him to come to me. He quickly snatched the fish out of my hand and gulped it down then chirped again, eyeing my basket. It made me giggle a bit. I guess he was hungry from the looks of it so I just let him eat out of the basket. As he ate I slowly reached my hand out and touched one of his fin like wings. He didn’t seem to notice from the looks of it since he kept eating but after he finished he splashed back into the deeper waters causing me to get soaked. I playfully yelled at him causing him to look at me with a mischievous look, it reminded me of how my cat would look after she knocked over a vase or get into the food cabinets. This made me laugh and it also made me realize that this rune seemed to trust me somehow and maybe he might even consider me as a friend.
Now a days I knew every time I head off to the beach to bring my basket of salted fish with me since he seemed to love it, I noticed he loved the salted tuna or salmon the best and for a rune he was a bit larger compared to me which meant he needed allot of fish to fill his hunger but today along with the salted fish I brought one of my favorite foods, sushi. I wanted to see if he liked it too but for some reason I didn’t see him around so I decided to wait for him in the water. Since I could not swim I stayed in the shallow waters in my shorts and tank top, waiting for him. Then without warning a strong wave knocked me over and before I knew it I crashed into the water with a gasp which was my fatal mistake. I panicked as water filled my mouth, I water never afraid of water but for once in my life I was afraid. I tried to pull myself up but the waves kept dragging me further and further away from the safety of the beach. Just then I felt my life flash before my very eyes as the dark waters consumed me, dragging me under. The strange part was that I woke up to see myself laying on the beach, after a while of coughing and spitting out salt water I slowly opened my eyes and looked around weakly, waiting for the dizziness to fade. I thought I had died but then a soft chirp brought my attention to the shallow waters. It was him, I then knew what happened. It was because of this rune that I was still alive or else the sea would have taken me to its icy depts. Warm tears started running down my face without me realizing, the rune gave me a worried look and started chirping and nudged at my arm. I wiped my tears and all I could do was thank him, he also seemed to have started eating the food I brought for him so as he ate I decided to give him a name so he would know whenever I call for him. At first I tried female named but his screeches told me he didn’t like them so it made me realize that this rune was in fact a male. Soon I came up with the name Stygia, a name which I heard was of a place. A place where the sea was endless and the top covered in a silver layer of ice. I felt as if the name was perfect for him since he lived in the depths of the waters. When I suggested the name he seemed to chirp which I guessed meant he approved this name which made me happy. After a while of staying by my side Stygia left back to the seas, I guess to see his family most likely but I knew in my heart he would return to see me since from that day I felt a bond between us.
Now every night of the full moon I stand by the beach waiting for him to dance as he did the first night we’ve met. I would even wait for him during the afternoons with the foods he enjoyed so while he ate I told him about the people and other runes. I know that one day I would be able to join him and his family together in the depths but that day is still a long way from now since I still felt a bit frightened of the sea but I know someday that fear will melt away. Till then I will always wait for Stygia by the beach.

(v.v I'm not a very good story writer so I wrote from my point of view, well I did my best so I hope my story did not bore you XD)

:Stygia's Information:

His Birthday: June 18th 2012
Birthstones: Moonstone and Pearl
His Chinese Zodiac: Black water dragon
His Western Zodiac: Gemini
His Planet: Mercury
His Theme Song: Secret Garden by Madoka x
(I picked this as his theme song because I can imagine him rushing through the waves at the part)

There is water
It's so beautiful
They keep running towards a dream
Reaching to be free

(Then at this part I can see him calling out to those in need to bring them to the coral reefs rather then a garden, so the flowers are all the corals and sea anemones)
If you are afraid of despair
Please come to my precious world
The secret garden's here
We can fly away
And we can talk heart to heart
Let's get to paradise with invisible wings
Someday our dreams will come true
So we can find the way
Yes, we can stay together now
Because there is hope for everyone
The secret garden's waiting for you

(Instead of flying he would be gliding against the waves, bringing people to his paradise underwater ouo the song also shows how he loves to be free)

:Stygia's Zodiac Information:

:Dragon Characteristics:
Innovative
Enterprising
Flexible
Self-assured
Brave
Passionate
Conceited
Tactless
Scrutinizing
Unanticipated
Quick-tempered

Water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiasm, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight like other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another.

:Gemini Dragon:
These are life's performers, taking pleasure in the company of others. Gemini Dragons can accomplish several tasks at once and are able to juggle many conversations successfully. However, taking on anything in depth is not really their style.

(I got my information from x and x ;u; I had much fun drawing him/learning about him and I know I don't stand much of a chance but hey I had fun and I done my best <3 whoever gets wins sweetheart's heart I hope they treat him with the best care he can receive <3333)
Last edited by SilverKitsune on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Luffy from One Piece is amazing and Headon from TOG <3333333 ;u;
    P.S Having my account-sat for the event because of lack of internet. (So please do not ban us.)
    Might have bad to no internet connection so I won't be very active D'8 Will be on hiatus

ImageImageImage None of my kiamara's are for trade so please stop asking.
SilverKitsune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zacherie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 am

Owner Name:
soulBridge.
Name:
Crestellia (Will also go by "Cress")
Personality:
Daring ~ Cress is a very daring rune dragon. She likes taking on lots of dares and challenges others dare her to try. She will execute these challenges with zealous ambition and enjoys it when others watch. Often times, this gets her into some trouble with other creatures...especially the more aggressive creatures of the deep. And sometimes, she does get quite scared...but she won't easily admit that.

"Come on. I dare you."
The blue rune looked at Cress and smirked. He swam in circles in front of her and stuck out his tongue. She swooped toward his belly and hit him square in the stomach. He reeled backward, the warm water swirling around Cress. Chuckling to herself, she swam toward the fellow deep sea rune.
She lifted her eyebrows. "What's in it for me?" she asked, eyeing him with one bright yellow orb.
He grinned and rattled on a list of reasons. "Bragging rights, experience, the thrill, excitement, bragging rights..." Cress cut him off. His mouth curled up into a wide grin as he teased her. "I knew you'd do it." He sruck out his tounge to tease her yet again.
"Whatever," she retorted as she glided into the depths below.
The temperarure changed remarkably quickly as the pressure got heavier and heavier. Cres felt a slight chill go down her spine as she made her way deeper. Was it always this cold?
She flapped her wings as she steered herself in front of the cave opening. It was very narrow and remarkably complex as she shoved her head into the tiny opening. "Hello?" she called out as she struggled to fit in her body into the hole. A hiss echoed though the tunnels, daring her to come nearer.
"I'm not afraid of you!" she yelled, finally getting her whole body in. She hopped deeper into the maze and called out once again. Once more, the hiss echoed through the water, this time much closer than before.
Cress narrowed her eyes and chuckled to herself, her mouth curled up into a sly grin. She could take him on.
A whoosh of biting cold water blasted Cress in the face as the angered morray eel quickly snaked its way toward her. She let out a string of clicks and shrills, taunting the irritated eel to come get her. The eel writhed in its fury and shot toward Cress, snapping at her clearly angered. Cress, now terribly frightened by its sudden fury, scrambled toward the exit. The morray eel shot out at her, biting and thrashing about. Cress frantically wiggled her way out of the tunnel, as she frightfully watched behind her, the morray eel close behind her. With a pop, she finally got out of the cave. The eel watched quietly as she swam away, the warm water from her swirling around the eel. With a huff, the eel retreated back into its cave, content that it had chased out the unwelcomed visitor.
Cress gradually swam slower and slower, trying not to make it look like she was afraid. The other deep sea rune floated toward her, watching her with an astonished look on his face.
"You made it alive?" he gasped. "You weren't scared?"
Cress thought for a while, and nodded, grinning widely.
"Of course. Of course I did."

Energetic ~ Cress is a little bundle of energy. Some think she's made of pure energy -- she never seems to run out of it! She runs out others more quickly than anyone else she knows. There hasn't been anyone who wasn't tired before she was...yet.

She had been swimming in circles around her friends for the past half hour or so. They had already been knocked out by all the swimming and racing against each other a long time ago, yet she still felt like she was bursting with energy.
"C'mon! Just one more race! Please?" she pleaded, blasting cool water at the huddled mass.
The eldest of the group wearily lifted her head and looked at Cress with an expression of disbelief. "After all that racing, you're saying that you'd like to race some more?" she gasped, allowing herself to float slightly above the others and face Cress. Cress smirked and nodded. "Of course that's what I'm saying. What else did I say?" she teased, making figure eights in the water around them. She swam up to them and blew some lukewarm water on their faces.
"I'll race you!" wheezed the youngest deep rune dragon, flittering up to where Cress was to take on her challenge. He was a young, bold dragon and longed to have a rematch ever since she beat him in the ten meter dash. He pushed off the rock and floated up to where Cress was, giving her a determined look. Cress grinned, scanning the young rune.
"You sure?" she inquired. "You seem a bit worn out," she stated. The young male scoffed and looked straight into Cress's golden eyes. "Of course," he said, "I don't doubt my abilities."
She swam toward a little patch of coral and stood near it. "If you're coming, you better hurry up! Or I'm starting without you." The rune struggled to get to the coral. But to Cress, he was just taking too long.
"Better hurry up if you wanna win!" she yelled, shooting through the water. Everyone was already worn out. But to Cress, this was just the beginning.

Optimistic and cheerful ~ She always has a smile on her face, even during the most horrid times. Never lets anything get to her. Although it is good to be optimistic about the future...sometimes she believes in it too much? Who knows.

Cress moved through the murky depths of the ocean. A very faint whirring could be heard above her and she could sense the others writhing in disgust as she glided through the rubble, avoiding the falling debris. It had been another fishing vessel. It always left behind rubble and little scraps of metal... All the runes of the ocean were upset by it, fussing over the rubble it would always leave behind. And it wouldn't be just the fishing vessels. Ocean liners, tall ships, recreational vessels, any boat that would come to the open ocean would always pollute the waters around it.
Every rune had been talking about this, worrying about the safety of the ocean and what to do if it polluted the ocean even further. What would become of the oceans? And it wasn't just the vessels that did the damage: other sources would pollute the ocean as well. Oil spills, waste running into the ocean, everything. It was damaging the coral reefs. Everything in the ocean was being affected.
Cress smiled, despite all the talk and rumors about the health of the seven seas. It was horrible and worrisome, yes. But she can't let something like that bring her optimistic view down like that. The seas have always bounced back to life. Every single time. It can't go down in rubble and trash.
It won't.

Loyal, through and through ~ Cress will never leave your side if you are family. Family sticks together. She will risk anything to help a fellow loved one. But she will resort to being cold and harsh, if the situation requires it to be, and will not regret her actions in this case.

"Don't worry! I'm coming!"
Cress zipped through the water, dodging the looming coral and skittish fish. "Excuse me," she breathed as she hurried toward the sound of the scared yelps that shot through the water. As she zoomed past the unsuspecting fish and critters, she wondered how he got himself into this mess. He shouldn't have been there in the first place! If left with anyone else, he would probably be expected to know better and would be left to fend for himself... But he was family, and he was in trouble. Cress would do anything in her power to save him from trouble.
The young rune yelped once again, "Help! Cress!" But his voice...it sounded like it wasn't in frontof her, but rather below her. Slightly unsure, she drifted down to the dark, murky depths of the ocean. There, next to an eerie blue light was the rune, who was clearly frightened. Cress rushed over to him, but stopped in her tracks as she gazed at the giant creature in front of her. The anglerfish. It might not be the biggest, baddest fish around...but this one had a particular temper. The little rune's expression turned more frightened by the minute as he whirled his head to Cress and to the anglerfish. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he apologized repeatedly. "But please...help!"
Cress approached the anglerfish slowly, her mouth curling into a snarl as she watched the scaled creature with a cold stare. Suddenly, she whipped her tail, hitting the anglerfish square on the head. The anglerfish snapped and rushed toward her, jaws open wide to chomp Cress into little pieces. She lept to the side and watched as the angler fish backed up to try again. Once again, the anglerfish was met with a vicious slap to the head. The ugly beast was clearly already worn out from the hits, but strived to get back at her for the violent hits on the head. Cress's lips curled up into a smirk. She was bursting with energy.
The anglerfish charged into Cress, trying to get her back. Cress tumbled back into the cooler waters, but swooped behind the ignorant anglerfish and scratched the anglerfish from the back with her sharp talons. With a strange grunt, the beast swam away into the murky depths of the ocean. Cress watched as the fish swam defeated toward home. The young rune swam up to her with an apologetic look on his face.
"I'm so sorry, Cress. I know I shouldn't have been here in the first place," he said. "I'm sorry." Cress patted the rune with her tail, and nudged him up toward the lighter waters.
"Don't worry," she said. "Family sticks together."

Trust issues ~ Cress has some trust issues. Even though she is extremely loyal to her family and close friends, she cannot trust strangers quickly and easily. It takes a very long time to make her trust you. She will not help strangers, unless there is an extrememly good reason why she must help them. But she does help, if it is a good reason.

Cress eyed the dolphin with disbelief. This was a dolphin mother asking her to find something to help her sickly son. What did she look like to that dolphin? A doctor? Certainly not. And this was the first time she had seen the dolphin. It's not customary to just go up to any old person swimming around in the vast ocean and ask to help her ill son. And besides, from all the countless number of residents that have taken up living in the ocean, this creature asks for her help?
"Why must I help you?" she asked harshly, looking at the young, sick dolphin. True, the boy was sick. But was that enough to convince her to help? For all she knew, it could be a ploy to try and use her to their advantage. Next thing you know, she's like a servant to these dolphins! Cress didn't necessarily distrust dolphins in general, just the fact that...it just wasn't right. You don't go around to random people doing this.
"Please, oh Rune of the Deep Seas, you must help me! Surely you understand what this means to me?" the dolphin pleaded in her clicks and trills, much like the language of the Deep Sea runes. Surely this wasn't the reason she was asking Cress to help? Just because their languages were similar? "This little boy means the world to me... He is my first child. The father, being older, knew he was not going to live...and abandoned the family. You must know the importance of family," the dolphin pleaded. But it wasn't like the obnoxious ways that some others did them. More of a respectful plead... Should she believe her?
"Please. I only need some leaves of a plant...I hope that isn't a big burden?" she asked. The little dolphin coughed and the mother shielded him as if someone was going to attack him.
Cress sighed, her eyes growing soft. They were a family. She can't deny that. Besides, she would do anything for her family as well.
"I will help you to the best of my abilities. But do not trick me, dolphin. I am only doing this because you are a family, and I cannot deny help to family."

Lost ~ Cress has a terrible, terrible sense of direction. The only direction she knows by instinct would be "up." Otherwise (although she does not like to admit it), she has to depend on the excellent sense of direction of her pod to navigate around her world.

Defensive ~ Because of her incapability to tell where north, south, east, or west is, she's grown quite defensive about it. If one ridicules or mocks her for this, she becomes extremely defensive. She doesn't like it at all.

"We should be heading south. Just a few more hours, then we'll rest for the night," the eldest of the pod said as she glided in the water. Cress lagged behind at the very back of the pod. She would've loved to have been in the front and bulldoze her way through the warmer waters, but...it's just that the ocean was so vast, and she so small. She could easily lose her way through the vastness of the endless ocean. Cress shuddered at the thought and continued following the "leader" of the pod. No one was truely the "leader," but the eldest knows more and can guide the pod in times like these. And it was time to migrate toward warmer waters.
Cress glanced at the other runes in the pod who were gleefully playing and laughing in the waters. They seemed to be in a hectic game of tag and some other game, but...they never seemed to get lost. They seemed to know where exactly south was. Cress sighed; she always had to concentrate to follow one specific direction, and could never seem to multitask in that sense.
"Come on. Just a little more, and we'll rest 'till morning." Cress sighed with immense relief. She can finally rest! Not that she was tired physically -- she could go on for hours at least -- but her mind was starting to quiver. It wasn't at its best right now.
As Cress flopped onto a rock and closed her eyes, the runes playing earlier made their way towards her and

It will be a big WIP~

Okay, you've outdone yourself, Bena. A deep sea rune?! I was always intrigued by the deep sea. I love the ocean, and I always wondered what would be down there. So a deep sea rune? That is just pure win.
The beautiful light blue and sea-green colors blend in so perfectly! And all its scales and wings! It's just a lovely combination, and I just fell head over heels in love with this little rune. Just perfect.
Also, I recently (recently as in...about a month ago xDD) went on a Tall Ship trip for science. We went to Catalina Island and stuff. Going to Catalina by tall ship is a few hours, so I got to appreciate the beauty and simplicity of the ocean. I had always loved the ocean, but this was the first time I got to really go to the sea and be immersed in its awesomeness (literally: I got to jump off the ratlines. it was epic >:] ). It was a really memorable and beautiful experience I'll never forget. Besides, how can you forget the thrill of jumping off the ratlines, swimming in the cool, fresh, salty water, and coughing up salt water because you drank some of it? And who can forget the feeling of waves rolling under you as you ride atop the bowsprit? And who can forget watching that one despicable person in your class throwing up in a huge black bucket after asserting millions of times that he will NEVER get sea sick (and only car sick? < that actually happened xDD)? No one can, and I won't, even if my short-term memory wanted to forget it. This rune gives me memories, and I will cherish these memories forever.

In my sig, in my character thread (once I get off my lazy bum to do that), and just. Everywhere. But you know that one place she will be kept in forever? My heart. She has already found a home in my heart, and I don't see her leaving any time soon, even if she goes to a different owner.
Probably so, yes. I can never afford saying no, because then I can't breed her with anyone later if I ever so choose to. So yes. Some day, maybe.
Any Quirks:
WIP!~
Other:
I'll be going my way to try and write a lil' story.

Argh, muse ran out >,<; it's not as big and awesome as I wish it was xD It'll prolly stay a WIP D:
Last edited by zacherie on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coexist » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:30 am

Owner Name:
Coexist
Name:
Zale (strength of the ocean)
Personality:
a bit cocky, he thinks he is king of the sea, but in truth he is acutally a sweet soul who helps others in time of need.
I have always loved the ocean and tales of it, one of my rooms is dedicated intirely to ocean things (dolphins, whales, shells etc.) I have even been there once but found that sand can go places you didnt know existed.
I will put him in my siggy then my character thread with my others, I am currently trying more art of him.
yes i would
Any Quirks:
He likes to quote odd ocean books and song. stoping in the middle of everything to say something like:
"There she blows like a hump on a snow hill it is Moby Dick!" or worse yet he will burst in to song:
"Under the sea, Under the sea, life is just better...." ya so... a little um...few marbles shy of a whole bunch.

Other:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1241798
Story:
Zane really truely was trusted by Triton but he didn't think it was fair that he was only trusted for watching the very small in a public area. It wasnt totally his falt that he lost the entire heard of shole, or when he was singing and dolphins though he was inviting them for lunch on a herd of anchovie. How was he supposed to know the dolphin where in the area? Zane seemed to have extreeme bad luck, and it all seemed to stem from the fact that he had a extreemly bad attention span. No matter how he tried it was hard to concentrate on one thing, these kids however where not hard because they made him concentrate. He knew that in order to become a more respected member of society and in order to find a mate that didnt look like she had a fin in the grave he had to figgure out why he had so much trouble keeping his mind on what he was doing without trying to make it more exciting.
Zane was an adult so had long ago stoped asking his parents questions, but he thought maybe in this case to be a successful adult I will ask the source I know will be truthfull to me. He went to see his parents, hoping they had sometype of answer or knew where to find one. He visited them often, so he didnt feel odd coming to them with this. It was almost as if his mom expected him, she had the table set for three a smile on her face, "hello son" she said, "come sit, have a bite" so he did and told her of his problem, she listened well as did his father. His mother looked at him, "this is something I have been waiting for sometime for you to come to me for." she said shaking her head. The father took over, "you must go on a personal quest my boy" he said looking at him, "all we are allowed to provide you is the family jewel." he said going to get it. Mother explained to him that the jewel would protect him from harm from anyone he did not mean harm to. Zane understood, he waited for his father put the jewel on, said goodbye to his family, went back to the palace gathered a few things left word where he was off to and left.
Zane had been on herding missions before by himself, but had never truely realized how lonly the sea was. He understood now why he had sang that song at the wrong time or quoted that book, it was to make him feel not so alone. But before he had left the palace he had promiced himself that he would at least go one day with out a word unless he ran into someone else, and noone was about. It was an eerie feeling. he realized he was somewhat scared, maybe this was the thing he needed to concor?

WIP
I have no chance
Last edited by Coexist on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
I would like to appoligize to everyone for my behavior. Apparently one of my meds needed adjusted. I decided to stay but I will soon start a thread about High Functioning Autisum so that maybe a few people can better understand when I do slip. Love you all!
Coexist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 am

Owner Name:

Name:
Roho ya bahari<it sounds just like it looks<(Spirit of the Sea in Swahili)
Personality:
This bubbly little fellow is always on the go. He loves to fly and is very competitive. However, he is no jerk. In fact, deep down he is very soft, and when it comes to females and children, he can be a bit of a pushover.
He has beautiful colors, and he would be my first Rune dragon. I loved the way his cheeks look spiked and the pattern on his wings. Overall, I just absolutely fell in love with him at first sight! X3
I will keep him in my sig at all times, and I was hoping to put him in an RP and maybe a book.
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
Yes, but if he finds a mate he want's it to be true and unfading love.(in other wards, a permanent mate)
Any Quirks:
He loves to look at the scenery, and he loves to pose for pictures. Of course he likes to swim, but instead of swimming normally, he loves to spin in barrel rolls as he swims. He loves to dance around and listen to music.
Other:
[size=85]The little sea rune was in a very big rush. He had accidentally knocked over a few of his friends as he ran to see the poster in front of them.A swimming competition! His two most favorite things!...But wait what's that? At the bottom of the poster, in very small letters, it said 'All contestants must have at least one month of professional training. He swam all the time, but it was nothing professional, and now he suddenly felt rushed. He felt like he needed to enter this competition for some reason. Like it was meant to be him on the next poster like the last winner was now. !!!WIP!!!/size]
Last edited by Lady Tuesday on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items