Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Spark Rune

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:13 pm

"The Story of the Rune With A Spark"

"Another Rune has come into my possession but this type of rune is often found in the cities. The Spark Rune is the main dragon used to run electricity through the cities and is a valuable rune to have for any engineer. It is a very common sight to see this creatures flock together in the city and cast out sparks of electricity to power a lamp post or even a homestead. They are not so easily tamed though, and are prone to playful jokes to strangers passing by. Their wicked eyes gleam with mischief as they often times will shock anyone who comes to close to them or an unsuspecting passerby. Only those who are raised and tamed are capable and reliable rune dragons, whereas the wild ones flock about the larger cities in group feeding on garbage or short circuiting wires as they gnaw on them to absorb their electricity. Their fur and feather's act as a conduit for electrical shocks that pass through their sharp feather's as they ruffle them in defense if being attacked. Sometimes referred to as the "rats" of the cities, these runes are actually quite intelligent but use this heightened form of thought to cause mischief and mayhem across the urban areas. Even though it may be classified as a pest, this rune dragon is quite the capable companion to those who know how to raise them."

Judging for forms ends June 9 midnight CS time.

Rules
~Those with the best form will earn the right to claim this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form till the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Please do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes time to make these dragons so patience is the key.
~Have fun and only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any question be sure to ask me or the mods for this thread.
~Have fun and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85](Male or Female?)[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:[/b]
[size=85](This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Spark Rune

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Oooh, awesome work :> I love the eyes!
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Base » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:24 pm

Owner Name:
Kiba (Fang)
Name:
Yellow Flame
Personality:
She is vary silly and loves to mess around
Why do you wish to have him/her:
I loved the disine and it looks amazeing, i just love it
Where will you keep him/her:
She will be in my charater form and/or in my siggy :3
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature:
Yes...
Any Quirks:
She likes to play with fire :3
Other:
I have an art shop and a charater from :)
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Commissions:
Open!!

"Take a Deep Breath
Pick Yourself Up,
Dust Yourself Off,
And Start Over Again"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Echo Base

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kodak-Problem? » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:31 pm

I moved my original comment here.
:o
S/he's so cool.
Reminds of a falcon with the feathers. :3
Last edited by Kodak-Problem? on Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ]Art is an explosion.
Formly apple998 and Wolfrost and Fawn of Dawn.

Image-Victoria
Kodak-Problem?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you everyone, I am glad you all like the dragon so much. It is indeed, quite cool looking. XD
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

I really do like this but the next time i adopt I would like to adopt the perfect mate for shadow >.<
𝕃 𝕠 𝕤 𝕥 ~ 𝕚 𝕟 ~ ℙ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕧𝕖
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:40 pm

Owner Name:
maluruloki
Name:
Summanus (Roman god of the night sky and night lightning)
Personality:
Summanus (or "Manny", as he would be nicknamed) is a Rune that needs a job. Now, the job just needs to be defined, as it could be either very helpful or very annoying. For example, he could be busy changing all of the light bulbs in your house when they begin to flicker, since he had an innate sense for finding nearly-dead wires. Or he could be dancing around on your rooftop, causing lightning bolts to be striking all over your shingles. It takes a human with a sense of humor in order to live comfortably with him. Once he zeroes in on a task, expect it to get done. You could say that he has an "on" and an "off" switch, as he's either running around doing things or sleeping like the dead. Very few things manage to slow him down, but the one thing that scares him is water, especially anything that holds water. He fell into a barrel of water in an alley once as a baby Rune and in his panic, he tried zapping away the water. It didn't work and his electricity store was so low that he almost drowned. His flock-mates fished him out, but he vows to have nothing to do with water beyond drinking it.
I already own Delyth (the sunset Rune) and her personality is very laid-back. I feel like if I could impress this little spark-plug into joining our household, it would never be a dull moment. She would relax him and he would inspire her. :)
He would share a spot with Delyth in my character thread.
I don't see why not!
Any Quirks:
He has a fanatical interest in "plasma balls" (the glass balls that have purple electricity in them that sticks to your fingers if you touch the glass). If he found mine in my house...he might never leave the room to eat or drink!
Other:
I'm aiming to get a picture drawn here before the end-date for the contest!
Artwork:
Last edited by maluruloki on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HopelessOutsider » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm

•Name•
Aranysárga

•Gender•
Female

•Personality•
.:Fun:.
She is always doing something fun or makeing funny jokes or even doing something funny. She ceaps life as fun and as happy as it could be. Most dragons like to lison to her because see can be really funny at times.

.:Careing:.
She is a careing gal'. Shes always asking how you fill. She also loves to help with any thing you need.

.:Bold:.
She sticks her neck out for every one. She stands up for her friends. She loves to help someone thats in trouble that she doesn't even no.

•Why do you wish to have him/her•
I reall what her because I need more carries and she is lovely!

•Where will you keep him/her•
Siggys, carrie forms, RPs, any thing I can do with her.

•Would you like to breed him/her in the feature•
Sure, wen I find her a mate.

•Any Quirks•
Well, she likes to set the mail man on fire, and she spits sparks at him/her.

•Other•
WIP
•Owner name•
-Fire&Ice-

WIP
Last edited by HopelessOutsider on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Live stream[off]
Casweck Kennels |DA
HopelessOutsider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jpano96 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I absolutely love this one :shock: I'm going to try for it.

Owner Name:
jpano96
Name:
Watt
Personality:
Watt is outgoing and random, much like a shot of lightning. He is a mischievous rune, liking to play pranks on citizens and loving the looks on their faces when they get shocked by one of his buddies or himself. He likes staying in the company of others like his kind and rarely likes the presence of a human around him. Hes somewhat aggressive as his fur and feathers depicts him as a "spike" like creature, and he does get over protective of his territory if someone gets to close. He is intelligent as well but doesn't show it, taking the term others have given him to be a "rat" of the city to heart, he chooses to be a "bad boy" and break rules.
I used to play pokemon and my favorite one was Jolteon, the little electrical version of Eevee. The design reminded me of it and i knew i wanted it at first sight ^^
y signature, for sure.
Yes pleace
Any Quirks:
He likes turning off the power by rubbing against the outlet of a wall, stealing the electricity.
Other:

It was 8 p.m. and my favorite tv show was on. I was in the kitchen, running some popcorn while looking around the corner at the tv, the show was just beginning to start and i tapped my foot in frustration. Watt stood at my feet, creating a electrical current that carried over his feathers. He squawked up at me but i shooed him away. "Go, go play with some bulbs or something." I say, barely minding the small electrical rune at my feet. I hear his huff of disappointment but i ignore it as my popcorn is done and i push the button to reveal the steaming snack in the microwave. I smack it to turn it around, not wanting to burn my fingers but i hear the shows introduction. I squeal and furrow my eyebrows as i dance around the kitchen counter as the popcorn pours into the bowl i have out.

I rush over to the couch, feeling cool as i jump over the brown stitched sofa but completely embarrassed as i face plant into the sofa cushion and bounce off onto the floor. I lay there in pain, moaning on the floor with popcorn sprawled across the carpet with Watt laughing hysterically at my fall. I can't help but smirk as i roll over and push myself up, popcorn falling off my clothes. A few pieces were stuck in my hair but i ignore them as i pull myself onto the cushions. I lay there, still in pain and can see the yellow blur of Watt still laughing at me. I turn sharply and glare at him, which automatically stops his laughter.

It seems i missed the introduction to the show and i sigh from disappointment but i settle in to watch the rest. I ignore the pain of rug burn on my chin as i laugh uncontrollably at something on the show. Watt looks at me like i'm crazy, but again, i ignore him. A few minutes later, my face is red from laughter and they were beginning a joke when the power turns off. At first, i think i'm blind and i gasp in fear. Then, i think i'm getting over run by police. But what have i done so wrong to deserve to go to jail? I try to make my way through the room, failing miserably as i take a few good hits to my shins. Those were going to hurt in the morning. I see a dash of light behind me and i look, Watt is having one of his often electrical currents over his feathers. I freeze, knowing that the side he is on is the tv's outlet wall. I growl and hear Watt's laughter in the darkness. I feel around me and notice the couch is about an arm length away. "You are SO dead Watt!" I threaten and feel my way around the couch, headed to where i last saw Watt. I see a different spot of light behind me so i turn and rush towards it, only to hit my foot against the table i have near the kitchen. I bite my lip in anger and try to focus in on the yellow hue of the dragon. Another lightning bolt flys across his body and i run at him, only to miss again. I sink to the floor in defeat and groan "Watt, pleaseeeeee."

The lights turn back on and i grin as i see Watt approaching me with a smile, seeming to be sad for me and my poor shins. As soon as he is close enough, i pounce and try to grab him but he scurries away like a mouse and i fall to the ground, now in complete defeat. "Ok, you have me." I promise, but the lights turn off anyways.
Last edited by jpano96 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jpano96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraBeast » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Owner Name:
AruroraBeast
Name:
Jolt
Personality:
Although Jolt is a trickster, he likes to play jokes in a more subtle, quiet way. Jolt likes to sneak around, chewing on wires behind peoples backs. He wont obsorb all the electricity, but almost all of it, leaving lights flickering. Once he has covered a large area, he will quickly draw the little remaning energy to him, causeing a small black out. Usually he performs such tricks when he has had a fit, absorbing energy seems to make him consentrate more, claming him down. But Jolt is different from all the other spark runes that wander the city. He is quite the little mastermind. He will draw out complex equations in sand or dirt that jumble my mind. I dont know where he gets it from. Mostly, Jolt is just a sweet little rune, shy at heart. Of course, he has his moments of boldness and daring. I think sometimes he hides away from other runes, as if he doesnt want to shock them. But he is learning to control his electricity, so i hope in the future he will come out of his shell and show every one the brilliant rune i know he is.
There are so many reasons! First of all, he is just plain cute! I love Jolts fluffy, static fur, and how it fades to black at the ends. And those eyes.... Oh, those eyes are just so beutiful!! I love their darkens, they are so unique and pretty. I also love electricity and lightning, its so pretty and really cool. I have been searching for a perfect Rune Dragon, and i think i have found him!
I will defenently keep Jolt in my siggy, ad he will be my first main charicter in my charicter thread :)
Yes I think so. But only if Jolt finds the right girl to balance his electric side, or else the kids will be quite a handfull!
Any Quirks:
Jolt has an intense atraction to lightning. He would perfer a thunderstorm to sunshine any day. As soon as the deep rumble of thunder shakes the air, he zips to the window, a look of delight apon his face. For hours on end, Jolt will gaze up at the sky as arks of electricity dance across the sky. Jolt admires more than the beauty of lightning. He also loves the sience in it. It seems there is a never ending list of suprizing facts about lightning, and Jolt seems to learn new tid-bits every day. To keep track of all this knowlage, I have made Jolt a little book. He loves his book, as it contains all sorts of facts, lighting and other wise, along with all the adventures we have had together. Most of the pages are atill blank, but we are working on that. Im not sure if Jolt is aware of this, but on several ovasions i have spied him atempting to create a fabled type of lightning. No one is exactly sure how it is created. It is called ball lightning. On rare ocations, floating spheres of electricity have been seen apearing and disapearing, floating in midair. I am wondering if Jolt will ever acomplish his task, but i am always rooting for him.
Other:
Story:

I first met Jolt on a rainy day. It was the middle of summer, and I was at the park, enjoying the nice weather. Slowly, unnoticably, dark clouds began to cover the sky, blotting out the sun. Before i knew it, water started pouring form the skys, druming rythimicly against the earth. As I scurried home, a flash of lightning iluminated the sky, and also a hollow under a bush on the side of the road. I wasnt sure, but i could have sworn i had saw something move in there. Bending down, I peered closer, it was difficult to determine what was in the bush with rain pourind down in front of my eyes. As I drew closer, i gasped in suprize. Huddled shivering in the damp, was a litte spark dragon! Wet and dripping, the little fella didnt look good at all. His feathers were ruffled, and his fur covered in mud. Crooning softly to it, i gently reached for the poor little guy. It started to back away, but as a scooped it up in my hands, it barried its face into my arms, welcoming the warmth. Covering the little rune with my arms, I rushed home. The little spark rune soon had his first bath, which he welcome with suprizing gratefullness. I was sure to waer rubber gloves though, it would be no good if I was electrocuted by conduction with the water! After a warm meal, the little rune snuggled into my bed, little crackles of electricity comeing off of him. I decided to name him spark, and we have been parters ever since. After handling him all these years, i have become practically imune to his crackling sparks, and Jolt has grown to love lightning. To this day, i wonder if it is because of the storm, the day I found him....

Art: WIP
Last edited by AuroraBeast on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 am, edited 10 times in total.
ImageImageImage
AuroraBeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me