Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Pygmy Tiger Rune Dragon by Benathorn

Based on Click to view
Artist Benathorn [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Pygmy Tiger Rune Dragon

Postby Benathorn » Tue May 08, 2012 10:47 am

"The Story of the Rune Who Earned It's Stripes"

"As I write in my journal and draw the many fascinating runes that I have come across I have traveled far from my home to a more tropical climate. One of the natives have offered to take me farther into their lush jungles in search for a very special rune. They say 'it is the fiercest predator in the jungle!' but do so with a smile on their faces. As we walk along I notice the bushes moving up ahead only to be scattered by a giant Goliath Butterfly as it comes flapping frantically at me. The insect was quite huge and I try not to squash the thing right then and there ,since it scared me half to death, but soon another sound of wings could be heard as I am knocked down by an orange blur to my face. Opening my eyes to see what creature laid on top of me, I see a rather large Rune Dragon munching on the Goliath Butterfly happily and staring down at me with bright golden eyes. The Rune had a lovely set of plush ears rather then horns and was bigger then the runes I was used to back home. But aside from that the creature seemed to have a healthy apatite for bugs. My guide made sure to laugh and tease me for being frightened but soon revealed that the 'Pygmy Tiger Rune' was a fierce predator of large insects. By all means a friend to me! The little guy was insistent that he follow me back to camp and has taken a liking to being pet while also making the cutest purring sounds. It has now made the habit of taking up residence on my lap and insisting that I pet it otherwise it will claw me painfully till I do so. I can not wait to find this little fellow a home so that my lap may be free once more, but rest assured that if you are terrified of large insects then this Rune will certainly be your hero!"

Owner:
Metallic Dragon
Name:
Kyoko
Type:
Pygmy Tiger Rune Dragon
Breedable:
No thank you, not at the current time.
Last edited by Benathorn on Fri May 11, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pygmy Tiger Rune Dragon

Postby KAHarder » Tue May 08, 2012 10:56 am

Oh, it's so adorable!
This account is dead, please do not PM me anymore.
KAHarder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jendalie » Tue May 08, 2012 11:00 am

Pygmytigerpygmytigerpygmytiger...Ahh it's so cute!! :3
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue May 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you both! Try saying Pygmy Tiger five times fast lol~
But yeah, I just thought that would be a cute name for these type of runes. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamegirls532 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:14 pm

Amazing! Absolutly stunning! *dieing from awesomeness ^~^* :D
gamegirls532

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraBeast » Tue May 08, 2012 2:15 pm

WIP, i tried saying it five times fast... it ended up as "Pygmy Tiger, Pigmy tiger, Pimy tiige, blahah" XD

Owner Name: AruroraBeast
~
Name: Aluro
~
~
Personality: Aluro is care-free, and free-spirited. He enjoys being radom, and doing things on a whim. Aluro rarely thinks things through, and almonst always relys on his instincts to guide him. He is not angered easily, but when he is, he is very fierce, and it is almost impossible to calm him down. Most of the time, Aluro is just a big softie, and enjoys lounging in the sunshine, playing, and adventureing.
~

Why do you wish to have him/her: He is just the cutest thing ever!! I love the species, rune, and design, so so so much. I think he will make a lovely addition to mah charachters.
~

Where will you keep him/her: Not sure what you mean, but i will keep him in mah siggy :)
~
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: Yes, I might breed him with my Astra <3
~
Any Quirks: Oh mah gosh!! He is just the cutest thing EVA!!!
~
Other:
WIP, i hope i can finish...
Last edited by AuroraBeast on Fri May 11, 2012 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
AuroraBeast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Tue May 08, 2012 7:01 pm

lol, yes saying it five times just ends up in a jumble of words by the second time I say it. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jormungandr » Tue May 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Owner Name:-White Wolf-
~
Name:roar
~~~
~~~
Personality: small and shy, but when he gets to know you he is adorable!
~~~
Why do you wish to have him/her: cause he is like SO cute! I absolutely love him!
~~~
Where will you keep him/her: in my Siggie
~~~
Would you like to breed him/her in the feature: maybe... Don't know
~~~
Any Quirks: ?
~~~
Other: soooo cute
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Roar walked around in circles, chasing his tail, giggling in the process. After five minutes he snapped down his jaws and bit down. Roar let out a small weep, he wasn't used to strong, sharp, and big teeth. He scraped at the floor, singing out in noises that sounded like chimes in a summer breeze. He padded over to his food bowl and let out a different sound, like a metallic noise. He looked up and saw a piece of meat dropping into his bowl. He dived into it and finished it quick. He smiled and walked off, chasing after a ball. Each time he tried to grab it, he just pushed it away.he chased this for many minutes until finally jumping on top and catching it in his paws.

HALEESI VOSI─────┐
"queen of nothing"

╒════════════════╕
hi im jormungandr, and im
obsessing over game of
thrones !
tumblrchar
jormungandr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nellas » Wed May 09, 2012 1:31 am

This is a WIP
Owner Name: Nellas Lissesul
~
Name: Dirk
~~~
~~~
Personality: Dirk is a funny little fellow. Though a young rune dragon, he's larger than usual, and his size gives him the illusion of being fierce and frightening. Like a kitten, he'll pretend to be scary and mean, but really he's just a big softie and loves to be scratched gently behind those unusual soft ears. He's sweet, funny, and friendly, and is very bold with no qualms about warming up to those he doesn't know. To Dirk, everyone unknown is just a friend not made yet, and he loves to goof off and play around with both humans, other rune dragons, and pretty much anything that moves. He can be silly and impertinent, but has a good set of instincts once he actually listens to them. Dirk likes to get his own way, but he can also show thoughtfullness in the most surprising of moments. If he gets in a bad mood, he can be snappish and pouty, but is easily distracted and will return to his normal self again. He's smarter than he looks, but can often make rash moves or foolish mistakes. He's somewhat clumsy, which is often comical, and his favorite prey is insects- large or small, soft or crunchy, they're his favorite toy and favorite snack, so don't cross Dirk and his bugs!
~~~
Why do you wish to have him: I love these rune dragons to death, and this little fellow is just adorable. He's giving me ideas and stories already, and I love the little bit of personality you showed in the introduction; I'll be sure to expand on that. He's absolutely adorable, and I wouldn't say anyone deserves him but I really do want him and I think I could give him a loving and stable home, where he will be drawn, RPed, written about, and lovedlovedloved!
~~~
Where will you keep him: Don't quite understand what you mean by this, but he shall have an honored place in my character thread in the making! Also, as said, he shall be forever loved, RPed, and drawn <3
~~~
Would you like to breed him in the feature: Probably, but we'll see c;
~~~
Any Quirks: He absolutely loves insects- the larger, the better! He also takes a liking to fire, and always has the desire to play with it. He's been burnt before, but obviously hasn't learned his lesson yet. He can also have a bit of an atitude. ^^
~~~
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)
Last edited by Nellas on Fri May 11, 2012 10:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Used to be Nellas Lissësúl
befriend me - Divided We Stand - a dear friend - my wmes
Nellas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 am

gamegirls532 wrote:Amazing! Absolutly stunning! *dieing from awesomeness ^~^* :D

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. ^_^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me