Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

CWHR: Mustang Makeover #854791

Postby SerenWish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 am

ScarletFeather11

Name: Miss in the Meadow "Fawn"
Breed: Mustang
Color: Bay Roan Sabino (Ee/AA/Rnrn/SabSab)
Markings: Wide blaze, stockings, sabino markings
Height: 14.3 hands
Vice/Fear/Special: This mare is very sensitive to everything– sight, smell, sound, and taste. She is rather frightened by new sensations and will need extra time allotted to helping her overcome new things.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by SerenWish on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: Mustang Makeover #854791

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:37 am

She's gorgeous! I'm so glad I got her! c: Already got the perfect name for her; In the Meadow "Fawn"

Index
General Information
Week 1
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Week 1 Report
Week 2
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Week 2 Report

Marching Band took its toll - again - this year so I wasn't able to do day to day reports. Camp started way early this year in August and then we have early mornings till late night practices. I've just been all over the place with band. Week to week reports are all I've got for now c:

Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10, Final Week
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Information

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 am

Show Name
In the Meadow

Barn Name
Fawn

Height
14.3 hh

Breed
Mustang

Color
Bay Roan Sabino

Markings
Wide Blaze, Stockings, and Sabino markings

Personality
Fawn is rather shy and skittish around new things, new people, and new animals. She's soft-hearted and a very gentle mare around everyone and everything she knows very well. She's open to new things once knowing what to do and how to get over the frightening first steps. She's easy-going and motherly. Fawn isn't much of a bucker, kicker, or a rearing and bolting type. She likes all four hooves on the ground and if frightened or such, she'll toss her head and back up before stomping her hooves and snorting out. She tends to be closer to other mares and geldings rather than stallions. She's loving and playful and enjoys company with her rider. She loves the sound of nature and small animals. Her mother instinct makes her fall in love with even a kitten or puppy. When in danger and finds herself with her rider, she finds a protective side of her and bolts to somewhere safer but always seems to find her way back on the trail home.

Future Discipline
Fawn will be used in English and used both as a simple show-jumper, children's lead line, and regular children's showing once ready for it all.

Status
Finally trusting and has a halter on

Art

Look Who's Back Training

Name
"December Anna Dawson is back at your service."

Nicknames
"Still don't have any."

"I'm eighteen and finally free." (Bumping her age up a year or two from last year's MM)

Hair Color
"I'm still a brunette but it's gotten a little lighter."

Eye Color
"They've grown a darker shade of brown."

Boyfriend/Husband
"I'm engaged to Ren Williams. We've been going strong for three and a half years and he finally proposed."

Children
"Not on my list at the moment."

Discipline
"I still ride both Western and English."

Status
"Fawn finally has a halter on and it looks pretty good on her."

The Other Characters

Renier Cale Williams - Male -Brown Hair with Blue Eyes - 19 - Stable Worker/Groomer - December's Fiancé

Emma Miranda Dale - Female - Brown Hair with Green Eyes - 18 - Rider - Best Friend of December

Zoey Alexia Layne - Female - Blonde Hair with Blue Eyes - 18 - Rider - Best Friend of December

Dylan Carter Kale - Female - Brown Hair with Brown Eyes - 18 - Rider - December's Best Friend

Riley Ember Adams - Female - Black Hair with Green Eyes - 18 - Rider - December's Best Friend

All Of My CWHR Horses
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 1

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:40 am

Day 1
July 22nd

I leaned back into the seat of my truck, gazing at the road as I headed to the center to get my new mustang. My Chocolate Labrador, Cocoa, rode in the passenger seat. I had came by myself today, finding silence better to think. Ren, my boyfriend was at the stables working with the horses and keeping my younger family members away from the horses since a few tended to chase them when they visited. It angered me a lot when I was there since those were my horses they were chasing. I sighed and looked at my visor that held two pictures. The first picture was of me and Ranger, my mustang I trained last year. He was great. I loved him. He showed and jumped like he was born to do it. I loved his gait which flowed when he walked and his personality was just unique. He was a loner yet wanted to be close to someone, playful but silent, quick but snippy, and just himself. The second picture was of Ren, me, Ranger, Sunny, and Nut, together. Ren and I were sitting on the fence together. He gave me his class ring and a promise ring that evening. We were interrupted though by the horses. Ranger split between us, Nut reared up beside Ren who laughed, and Sunny put her head in my lap with a sweet whinny. My mom caught the picture. It was a sight.

I continued driving to the center, soon arriving after a while. I pulled up into the driveway and drove around to the paddock. I hopped out, twirling my key ring around my index finger as I walked to the main office. I slid inside and spoke to a few groomers before leading the way out to the paddock where my horse was. I backed the trailer into the paddock where a bay sabino mare grazed hesitantly. She lifted her head when she saw the metal box and two groomers and myself stand on each side of the opening. As soon as four groomers walked into the pasture and started chasing her to get her into the trailer, she squealed out in displeasure. I watched her continue squealing and whinnying for another fifteen minutes before she launched herself into the trailer to escape her attackers. I shut the trailer up after and thanked them for their help before moving to hop into my vehicle.

Soon enough I drove down the road back home to the farm. On the way down the road, I pulled my phone out to call my boyfriend up. I held it up to my ear and listened to the ringing for a few moments before his sweet voice filled my ears, "Hey, beautiful. What's up?"

I grinned gently as I answered, "Nothing. I just picked up my mustang. Guess what color she is."

"What?" he asked with another smile as he continued working.

"A bay roan sabino. She's absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait till you see her. She's shy and timid though so we have a lot to work with," I replied as I slowed at a red light.

"She sounds beautiful, December. I can't wait to help you out. What do I need to do to help you bring her in?"

I shrugged as I answered while driving once more, "Just fix up the paddock for me. I think that's it. Fill the trough up as well and I'll feed her later. I want her to settle down before we try that. She's skittish and finds everything very hesitantly. She's not even bucking in the trailer right now. I think it's just her nerves holding her down."

Ren soon answered as he quit doing what he was doing to work on the paddock, "She'll ease up, beautiful. Just leave her be." He cut off though after a moment, only to yell out at someone, "Asher! Quit chasing the goats and the horses! How many times have I told you to stop?" He soon came back onto the phone, "Sorry, December. I got to go. I'll see you later. I love you."

I sighed after wincing to the yelling, "Alright. I love you too. See you later."

I then hung up and went back to driving in complete silence. I looked at the side mirror to check on the trailer, only to find the metal box completely still. My mare must've gave up even trying to touch the box. I leaned back though once more and continued driving home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I soon arrived home around five in the evening and backed up into the paddock closest to the house where we had Ranger last year. I hopped out and called over for two groomers. Both stood on each side to keep the mare from bolting out while I opened the trailer door open, only to find my mare hesitantly perk her ears as she gazed out at the green field in front of her. She whinnied softly before slowly walking out of the metal box. She didn't take off. She sniffed at the ground before gazing back at me as I shut the trailer up. She whinnied out before quickly trotting off into the field to the large tree to settle down in the shade. I moved back to the truck and drove out of the paddock, moving to park in the driveway. I let the dog out then got out after and jogged to Ren when I saw him sitting on the fence watching the mare.

I pulled myself up onto the fence beside him and kissed his cheek, "Hey, handsome. How do you like her?"

"She's one stunning mare," he grinned as he moved to peck my lips. "Any names yet?"

I pulled away to lay my head on his shoulder, "Well, I might've thought of one. She's pretty skittish and looks around before doing anything. She stays alert and when she perks her ears and gazes around in the tall grass, it makes her look like a deer."

"So what's the name?" he asked as his arm wrapped around me.

"In the Meadow is her show name and Fawn is her name. I like it. It's pretty and deals with nature. What do you think?" I asked gently.

"It's perfect. I love it," he smiled down at me gently as he kept me close.

"She's going to take some work but I'm ready for whatever," I smiled before chatting with him a while longer.

Once the sun started setting, I got off the fence with Ren, kissed him goodnight, then jogged to my own house that was in the stables. We turned the large loft into a home over the winter and it was given to me. I couldn't complain. I honestly loved it. I had everything from working water and plumping to my furniture to my own washer and dryer. It was everything I needed with a few windows overlooking the pastures and down into the stables. I changed into my pajamas and gazed out the window that overlooked Fawn's meadow. I smiled softly as I watched her slowly move around, lifting her head every now and then before whinnying over at a few horses who had stopped by the fence line to check her out. I grinned when I saw Ranger and Sunny replying to her whinnies and greeting her like a herd would. I just kept my smile plastered onto my face. At least my horses were getting along and welcoming their new friend.

Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 2

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:40 am

Day 2
July 23rd

I leaned into the swing on the porch of my family's home as I watched Fawn graze by herself in her field. I noticed a few of my stallions taking a liking to her which didn't surprise me. She was quite a looker so seeing my boys swoon was a sight. Ranger wasn't fond of it though. He simply ignored swooning and grazed by the fence beside her. Anytime a curious and stand-ready stallion made his bold way over, Ranger chased him off. He acted more like a big brother than a lover. He snorted after then went back to grazing, whinnying every now and then at Fawn who'd return a reply every now and then while swishing her tail. She seemed to take a better approach to other horses than humans. Earlier this morning I tried getting in the field with her and she ran off screeching out in distress which brought Ranger galloping over with Bo and Sunny not too far off.

Fawn calmed as soon as she caught sight of the horses and raced straight over to them. I hadn't tried to fool with her much since. I wanted to try though. I had to get her to trust me. I wanted her to feel safe around me and really everyone who worked at the stables and future riders. If I couldn't gain her trust or gain anything close to that, I was sunk. I couldn't use her for a riding horse or even a halter horse. She'd just be more of a trophy sight than something to bond with and lay out with in the meadows on windy days.

After a few more moments of sitting on the porch, I slid back inside and pulled my boots on. I grabbed my hair band and tied my sandy-blonde/brown hair up into a ponytail then jogged off the porch and down the driveway to the stables. I slid inside and went to Ranger's stall. I found his blue halter and lead and made my way back outside to his field. I jumped the fence then headed over to my gelding who instantly perked his ears and halfway cantered over to me. I grinned as soon as he stopped in front of me and kissed his forehead, "Hey baby boy. What's my man doing?"

The spotted gelding shook his mane and pressed his head into my chest so I could rub between his ears and along his poll. While I rubbed there, I also rubbed his ears since he loved my rubs. I looked over into Fawn's pasture, only to see her perking her ears slowly as she watched me bond with my horse. I whistled over at her which caused her to snort and trot off in a sassy-like way to her water trough. I raised a brow with a light chuckle, "So I got a sassy mare? Well, this is going to be interesting."

Ranger let off a whinny-like laugh before letting me slip his halter on and lead him out of his pasture and into Fawn's. I wanted her to see how I trusted Ranger and how he trusted me. It would hopefully speed things up a lot more. I closed up the gate after we entered the pasture and leaned against the metal gate, cooing over Ranger and feeding him small treats to keep his attention on me which caused Fawn to slowly walk herself over. She jumped though when my gaze connected with hers. I quirked an eyebrow up and let off a soft and warm smile before returning to Ranger.

It wasn't long before she was right beside me, her face in front of Ranger's as she looked at what he was doing. I reached my hand out and softly touched her cheek. She froze under my touch, flared her nostrils, squealed, then took off in a swift bucking frenzy from the touch. After a few moments of her tantrum, she stopped and looked back at me. I met her gaze, mine full of trust while hers held play and yet fear. I sighed and shook my head before trying again a few more times with her. She didn't quite take to it. I ended up letting Ranger back out and went to my house. I grabbed my sketchbook, box of art supplies, and went back outside to Fawn's field. I sat inside the pasture next to the gate and started drawing her and such. She looked over and continued creeping closer and closer before laying down right in front of me.

The fear was gone in her soft amber eyes and the only thing there was curiosity and gentleness. She didn't move when I did. She just sat there. I watched her and right then I knew she was curious of me just as I was to her. We weren't so different after all when it came to figuring out the other animal or human in front of you.

Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 3

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:41 am

Day 3
July 24th

I hummed softly to myself as I led Alvin and Jay out to their pasture after a quick exercise with two experienced riders my father had been training. He had them exercise a few horses after their lessons so all I had to do was take them out after a good wash off. I slowed the two whinnying horses and slid their halters off once in the field. As soon as their leads were off, they cantered off to the back of the field to join Phoenix and Skull. I walked back to the stables and led Ranger and Sunny out together, listening to them chatter away as they nipped at one another in front of me. I lightly tugged on their leads and said their names to behave before taking them out to their field. Once they were let off the halter, they shot off, nipping and playing with one another. I just shook my head and hung their halters up.

After I finished letting horses out and putting some back for lessons, I made my way over to Fawn's field and climbed onto the gate. I sat on top of it, gazing over the bay colored mare as she slowly lifted her head and began walking towards me. I carefully and slowly got off the gate to face the mare head on. She didn't freeze. She only kept her ears perked and hesitantly stood a good three feet in front of me. I took a slow and careful step forward, causing her to toss her head up for a moment before settling back down. I gazed at her gently and reached my hand out so it was leveled with her forehead and face. I could see her debating in her mind whether what she should do. Soon enough, she leaned forwards and my hand was settled on her forehead. Fawn didn't jump or flinch. She just stood there.

I moved lightly so my gaze met her big amber one and carefully moved my fingers in a scratching motion to rub her face gently. Fawn slowly swished her tail as she kept her gaze on mine as if she thought I was going to hurt her. I slowly took a step forward which caused her to flinch. I murmured soft words and pulled myself close so her lowered head would be cradled against my chest on the right side as I rubbed her ears, neck, cheek, and face. I breathed a sigh of relief as I kept her close for I don't know how long. I just stood there, continuing to rub her pelt gently. She though ended up tossing her head against me and walked away after seeing Ren walking out to me.

I met his gaze and raised a brow, "I was trying to bond with her and you ruined it."

"I'm surprised you even got that far with her. When are you going to try using the halter?" he asked as he walked me out of the field and towards the stables.

"I might try tomorrow. It all depends on her," I answered as we stopped at the door to my apartment that took up the loft.

"Well, you're right on that. Now are you busy tomorrow night?" Ren asked as he leaned against the wall.

I nodded after thinking for a moment, "Yeah. I think Dylan, Riley, and our friends were going out. I was going with them. You can come if you want. Were going to a rodeo that just came into town. I've heard it's pretty fun. Why?"

"Oh, that's alright. I'm up for going with ya'll. I can fix my plans. I was going to take you out to this fancy dinner," he answered gently as I opened up my door.

"Hold dinner for Sunday night. I'm free then," I smiled before kissing him for a moment. "Now I'm going to bed. I'll see you tomorrow. Night, Ren, and I love you."

Ren grinned as he let me go, "That works. Night, December. I love you too."

I shut my door once he left and headed upstairs to my room. I made my way into the bathroom and took a quick shower before hopping into the bed to get ready for another day tomorrow.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 4

Day 4
July 25th

I was up by ten in the morning, brushing Ranger's spotted pelt off while Kimberly, my blonde haired and blue eyed cousin, saddled Paradon up. I looked over and quirked a brown eyebrow up, "Where are you off too, Kim?"

She looked over after pulling her helmet onto her head, "I'm going for a trail ride then coming back, washing Paradon off, then going out to the tack shop to get myself fitted for new boots, and after the fitting I'm getting my new tack set. I should be back around five. Why?"

I shrugged as I rubbed Ranger's cheek gently, "Just wondering. I never really see you up this early."

"Yeah. Now I'll see you later," she answered before pulling herself up onto her mare's back.

I watched her click her tongue then walk out of the barn and towards the trails. I just shook my head and put my hair up in a ponytail before leading Ranger out to his field for the day. I let him loose once there and rubbed his cheek before letting him go. I walked back into the stables and grabbed the pink halter sitting in front of the new stall we cleared out. Fawn's name was already engraved on the name plate on the door and the inside was waiting for her. I purposely had her stall between Ranger and Sunny's so she'd have familiar company. Ranger as well seemed to put her at ease and give her attention. For some reason, I think she was probably one of the lowest ranked mares in her herd. She was submissive and by the looks of her, she never had a foal. I suppose the stallions just didn't find her very suitable due to her shyness and kicked her out of their herds.

I opened up Fawn's gate, only to find her already walking over. Her gait was still hesitant but she seemed a little more relaxed today. I grinned softly and rubbed her head softly as soon as she pressed the side of her face into my chest to seek for affection and comfort. I kissed her ears gently and kept her close, "Hey pretty girl. How's Miss Fawn doing this morning?"

The mare flicked her ears around a let off a low snort as she swished her tail around. I took it as an alright and continued rubbing her ears and cheek gently before slowly and carefully siding the pink halter onto her head. She froze and tossed her head as soon as I snapped it into place. I watched her whinny out and quickly canter off, trying to figure out what was on her head. I got out of the field and watched her continue tossing her head and kicking out. Eventually after an hour or so, she calmed down and went back to grazing in defeat.

Once I made sure she was alright, I got off the gate and went to my home inside the barn. I slid up the stairs and into my room. I changed into clean clothes which consisted of a simple blue plaid shirt and ripped old blue jeans. I slid my cowgirl boots on after and let my hair down from its ponytail. I grabbed my keys to the truck after then went on back downstairs. I locked m door then jogged out of the barn to my truck. I unlocked it and hopped inside, driving to the rodeo I was supposed to meet my friends at. I soon got there after a while and parked in a spot in the field. I hopped out then made my way to the admission table. I paid my fee then slid inside, only to find Riley, Dylan, Zoey, and Emma sitting on the bleachers laughing and messing around with one another. Ever since we all graduated, Emma, Dylan, and I were the only ones who had plans for after summer. We three had gotten into the same college and were going there together. Riley was going straight into the work life and was going to work at her father's large equipment company along with the farm. Zoey was moving out of state to her cousin's until next summer so the five us weren't going to be around one another until next year.

I sneakily ran over and tackled Dylan to the ground when I saw her stand up. I let out a loud laugh as I gazed down at her, "Got ya!"

My friend let off a loud squeal but laughed as soon as I got off her, "December! What the heck? I didn't need to be tackled."

"I thought it was pretty funny," I smirked as I helped her up.

I looked over at the four and gave a smile, "So what's up? Have they started yet?"

Zoey leaned back into the bleachers with a shake of her head, "Nope. They're supposed to start in a few minutes though so sit yourself down."

I gave a nod and sat between Emma who was reading a book and Dylan who sat back down with me. The five of us, messed around with one another between throwing popcorn at one another to a crazy game of truth or dare. We kept ourselves entertained so by the time the rodeo finally started, we were continuously laughing and pushing one another. We all quieted down though when it started. I looked at the time and let off a frown. Ren should've been here by now. I knew he was going to be here. He was supposed to meet up with us.

I quit fretting over it and leaned back into the bleachers as I watched the cattle roping segment. When intermission came and there was usually a little show to keep you entertained, a few bull riders walked over to us. More specifically, me. I sat up a little straighter and looked up at the blonde haired one with striking green eyes and then at the red haired one with his own set of dark brown eyes, "Can I help you?"

Dylan was in absolute heaven. She was grinning at the blonde one and twirling her hair between her fingers, biting down on her lip gently when he grinned at her. The red haired boy, kept his gentle brown eyes on Riley who was looking through her phone. She though smiled over at him gently which only caused him to grin from ear to ear. The blonde looked back at me after a moment and spoke up, "Can you and these lovely young ladies follow us?"

I raised a brow slightly but nodded and got up with my friends. We followed after the two riders to the back where the trailers and such were. They soon took us to the entrance of the arena and spoke with the announcer for a moment or two before letting us into the arena. I looked back at my friends with a low voice, "Why the heck are we back here?"

Emma shrugged as we walked out into the arena and stood there in the middle, "I have no idea. This feels weird. Is there supposed to be like a roping contest or something?"

"Don't ask me. I just think they're going to set a wild bull after us," Riley spoke up as she flicked her raven colored hair to the side.

"Dylan is too in love with that bull rider to even come out of her trance," Zoey smirked as she gestured to Dylan who was still by the gate, grinning as she spoke with him.

Dylan though ran over once she was given a slip of paper, "I just got that handsome boy's number. This was worth coming back for."

I let off a laugh and shake of my head, "Dylan, you're too awe-struck by boys."

She shrugged her shoulders, "What?"

All of us ended up laughing before turning to look back at the announcer. The announcer was a man around his forties with fading brown hair on his head and hazel colored eyes. His voice had a thick country accent as well when he spoke, "Ladies and gentlemen, tonight we have something extra special going on during this intermission. Usually we do a pig race or something close to that but tonight we have something a little better. Now here we have walking out is Mr. Renier Williams."

I looked back quickly, only to grin seeing Ren in his best blue jeans, dress shirt, and his best cowboy hat and boots on himself. He met my soft eyes with a nervous grin before the announcer continued, "Now Ren has a special surprise for his girlfriend of three and a half years standing over here with her friends. He said they met in class and went out for a few rides and a game of bowling before they went out. Now it's been three years and he's been wanting to ask a question. He came to us wanting to make this a romantic and special way of showing his love."

Ren had the microphone wrapped around his ear as he moved to stand right in front of me. His gentle eyes met mine before he spoke, "December, we've been going out for three straight years and I've enjoyed every moment of them. We ride together and I worked at your farm. I want us to be something a little more though. I love you more than anything and you're just amazing. I know were young but we have a chance and I see this in our future." He got down on one knee and soon enough he opened up a blue ring box with a diamond ring inside, "December Anna Dawson, would you marry me?"

I had no words. My hand went to my mouth and my eyes watered up with tears of happiness. I heard the girls squealing and soon enough I felt their stares on my back. I quickly nodded my head after a moment and fell onto the ground in front of him, wrapping my arms around him neck tightly, "Yes! Oh my gosh, yes!"

He curled his arms tightly around me after putting my ring on. Dylan and Zoey were jumping around squealing out in happy laughter while Riley and Emma were dancing around them. I pressed my lips onto Ren's after a moment then walked beside him out of the arena to take a seat in the announcer's booth with Ren and my friends. For the rest of the night, I was one happy cowgirl in the stands.

Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 5

Day 5
July 26th

I stood out in the field with Fawn, rubbing her head gently while adjusting her halter. She didn't move or fidget, only perked her ears at new sounds she heard. Every now and then I'd gaze down at the diamond ring on my ring finger, grinning from ear to ear at it. I was more than thrilled to be engaged to Ren. For three years we had been going strong and loving every moment of each other's company. I told my family early this morning about the engagement and already my mother and sister wanted to take me dress shopping and start planning a wedding. I was going away for an entire year until next summer due to college so Ren and I would hardly be seeing each other so maybe an early wedding would be fit. It hurt to know I'd be gone but there was always phone calls, video chat, and all that stuff to keep in touch. I know he said he'd rent an apartment in the area there so we could just live there together until the summer came and we moved back here. I think it's a nice idea.

Fawn perked her ears up immediately when she saw Darkness grazing beside Calla and Arrow. I watched an awe-struck look take over her features as she lifted her head. I smirked softly when I saw love in her eyes, "Go over there and make a new friend. Darkness isn't going to hurt you. He's a big sweetheart."

The mare didn't budge, only lowered her head to graze when she caught the other two mares moving closer to him. She flicked her tail silently which caused me to pat her side and walk off. I slid off inside of the stables and grabbed Darkness's halter and lead then went back out to his field. I cooed at him gently before slipping his halter onto him. The coyote dun pangare colored stallion and led him out of the pasture. Calla and Arrow didn't notice, more interested in their grazing than the stallion. I took Darkness into Fawn's field and cooed out her name, "Fawn, look who I have."

The mare looked over when her name was said and I saw brightness cover her pretty sparkling amber eyes when she saw Darkness beside me. She high-stepped over through the tall grass and whinnied softly at the mustang beside me. Darkness poked his nose out at her and nipped at her forelock gently as I unclipped his lead. She squealed out in play before galloping off with him. I grinned as I watched them chase one another and frolic around. I don't know how long it was when I felt tight arms wrap around my waist and felt a kiss touch my cheek.

"Hey, beautiful. What's up with Miss Fawn today?" Ren asked sweetly as I leaned back into him.

I grinned as I pointed out at the two mustangs playing around, "I think I found Fawn a stallion. She's been staring at him since I fed her this morning. She's almost in love. I brought Darkness over and I'm letting her play with him for a little bit longer before putting him up and introducing Ranger into the pasture with her. He's great with her and the two seem to get along."

"Well, I'm glad she's got a friend," Ren smiled as I turned in his arms to meet his gaze. "Now how's about we go sit on the gate together and talk for a few minutes? I have some questions I need to ask you."

I gave a nod and followed him over to the gate. I climbed up beside him and leaned into his side as we watched the horses, "What's up?"

Ren curled his arm around me gently, "So how's about we talk about our wedding stuff?"

I raised a brow as I met his gaze, "Why now? It's too early to plan and I wanted a plan-free day. Can't we do this stuff later?"

"I just thought we could do something together. I mean we're not going to have any time soon. You're busy with Fawn and I work, December. When are we going to have free time to plan?" Ren asked as he stared at me.

I shrugged as I broke our gazes, "Ren, I know I'm going to be busy and I know we won't have time to plan but can we talk about this later? It's just too early to do that and I'm nowhere near to having my mind set on wedding details. Please, respect my wishes."

Ren just let off a huff and got off the gate, "Fine, we'll talk later. How's about dinner tomorrow night?"

I didn't look at him, only shrugged, "That works. I'll meet you at seven."

He gave a nod while I hopped off the gate and made my way over to Darkness when the duo cantered over. I clipped his lead on then gazed at Fawn, "I'll bring Ranger in to spend the night with you."

I watched her whinny softly in complaint as I led Darkness out and over into his pasture. I unhooked his halter and let him go before leading Ranger into Fawn's field. The mare greeted him happily and nuzzled him softly which Ranger gladly returned before leading her off to the back of the field to graze together. I smiled softly as he took her under his wing. I checked the time on my phone then made my way out of the field and to my home, soon heading to bed.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 6

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 am

Day 6
July 27th

I was up early like any other morning, saddling Jay up. I rubbed his neck softly as I looked over at Dylan who was already pulling herself up onto Sunrise's back. I got onto my horse a few moments after and rode out beside her down to the outdoor arena, "So just a few jumps right then hit the trails?"

Dylan looked over with a nod as she leaned back in the saddle, "Yeah. So what was up with you and Ren yesterday? You never really told me the whole story since you chickened out and went on to bed around ten last night."

I shrugged as we walked down the path to the arena, "He wants to talk about wedding planning and I told him I wanted to wait a little bit to let this all soak in. I mean I have Fawn and this entire farm to look after for the rest of the summer. When we head to college, I won't be here for that. We got into a little fight about it last night while I was watching Fawn play around with Darkness. I just told him that I wanted to wait and he got upset."

"So he's pretty unhappy about it now I'm guessing?" she replied as we slid into the arena together.

"We're going out to dinner tonight and I told him we can try talking about it. I just don't want to rush into a wedding so quick. It's like throwing the saddle right onto Fawn before even gaining trust," I answered as I walked Jay around for a lap or two before hopping up into the two-point position.

Dylan looked over as we rode side by side, "Just try talking some about it, December. It's not like it's going to kill you. A little planning hasn't hurt anyone."

"I guess you have a point," I answered gently before breaking away to trot.

After an hour or two of jumping and trail riding, we rode back to the stables and washed the horses off. I put Jay in his stall for the night when I noticed the sky darkening outside which indicated a storm coming. I gave Dylan her half of the horses to bring in while I got the rest. I brought in my half and went back out to grab Ranger who was nosing and shoving Fawn towards the gate who whinnied out in fright when she heard thunder in the distance. I held both pink and blue lead ropes and slid into the pasture quickly. I clipped Ranger's lead rope on then looked back at Fawn gently, "Easy, girl. You're alright. No one is going to hurt you."

Fawn relaxed to my voice and let me clip the lead rope on. She obediently followed after Ranger and me into the stables. Fawn froze up when she saw her stall come face to face with her. I let Ranger into his first who looked over at Fawn, whinnying at her gently. The two went back and forth with snorts and whinnies before I carefully walked Fawn into her stall. She kicked out when she saw a shadow and squealed out in displeasure. I calmed her down, rubbing her cheek and ears gently to relax her before slipping her halter off her head. She settled down some as I carefully and slowly exited the stall. I watched her pace around for ten minutes before finally settling down and hesitantly nibbling on her bucket of oats.

I closed up all the barn doors then slid into my house and got myself ready for dinner with Ren. I made sure I looked presentable in a simple pink blouse and blue jeans. I braided my hair to the side then put a tiny bit of make-up on before walking out with my keys. I locked my door up then moved out to my truck just as it began sprinkling rain. I drove down the driveway and onto the main road a while later. I drove to the restaurant by the lake and parked right beside Ren's truck. I slid inside and spoke to the waitress about Ren. She led me to the table and I scooted into the chair across from him, "Sorry I'm late. Fawn started freaking out when I put her in her stall."

Ren shrugged his shoulders as he sipped on his drink, "It's fine and I ordered you the usual thing you have from here."

"Thanks," I answered as I pulled my notebook out and turned to a clean planning page. "Now you said we were going to be discussing wedding plans, now start talking."

Ren sort of looked at me in surprise as I wrote a few things down "I thought you wanted to wait."

I shrugged as I looked at him, "I want to start. I mean we don't have long."

"Well then let's plan. So I was thinking we have the wedding by the lake on the farm. I think it'd be pretty and unique," he answered as he moved to sit beside me, his arm wrapping around me.

I smiled lightly with a nod, "I like it. So I was thinking for colors we do baby blue dresses and ties. I want the bridesmaids dresses with straps and sort of a drape on the maid of honor. What do you think?"

"I think blue would be fine. Anything else you want to add for that part?" Ren asked as he tilted his head curiously.

"I wanted to put Ranger and Fawn in it somehow. I was thinking maybe dress them up as a bride and groom. It'd be cute and Fawn needs to get used to crowds so that'll work out great. We can think of other ideas to put them into place," I smiled as our dinner was set in front of us.

Ren nodded as we began eating, "That's perfectly fine with me. Now push that to the side and we'll plan some more later but what about the date?"

I ate with a shrug, "Maybe we can get married September fifth? Fawn should be finished with training by then and we're going off to the honeymoon right after the makeover is finished with then straight back to the apartment for college. It should work out."

He nodded before we ate and chatted the rest of the evening. Once dinner was over and we paid, I kissed him goodnight before walking out to my truck. I got in then drove back home, only to come face to face with Fawn racing through the aisles of the barn when I walked inside. I swiftly shut the barn door and grabbed a halter and lead as she cantered by. I looked around, trying to figure out who or what let her out. Little wet boot footprints was all I needed to know who did it. My ignorant little cousins had let my horse out and scared the living daylights out of her while I was gone.

"Fawn," I cooed out softly as she stopped in the middle of the aisle, frantically gazing at me.''

I slowly crept forwards, cooing out more, "Easy, girl. It's me. No one is going to hurt you. You're alright."

The mare stared me down for what felt like an eternity before she slowly stepped towards me. I praised her when she leaned into me and treated her with carrots and sugar cubes. I took her back into the stall and shut her up inside. I then slid into my home and went upstairs to change into pajamas. I grabbed my phone after then walked to Fawn's stall and slid inside. She was laying down in the bedding, gazing up at me in defeat. I sat beside her and placed her head in my lap to ease her fear. Eventually I ended up asleep with her in the stall for the rest of the night.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 7

Postby ScarletFeather11 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 am

Day 7
July 28th

I laid out in the pasture of Fawn's field, gazing up at her as she grazed beside me. I rubbed her legs as I rolled onto my stomach and blew into her face which caused her to jump. She though let off a whinny of laughter as I kissed her cheek, "You're such a silly little mare."

I rubbed her ears gently, stopping though when I heard someone whistle out from the gate. I smirked when I saw Ren walking Darkness into the pasture to give Fawn extra company. I stood up and walked with Fawn following behind me to meet the two males halfway, "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I just came to drop Darkness off for Fawn to have some company. What about you?" my fiancé asked as he unclipped the lead of Darkness's halter.

I let Fawn go off with the stallion and curled into Ren's arms, "I was just working with Fawn more. She seems to trust me a lot more and I'm glad she does. I don't want her to lose it."

He nodded as we moved to sit on the gate together like always, "So are you busy tonight?"

"Yeah. I'm hanging out with the girls. Were going to the ice cream parlor and after were coming back to hang out with Fawn. They're going to help me work with her. I want her to get used to people messing with her so that's what we're going to do then go out for a ride after. Why?" I answered as I kissed his chin.

Ren shook his head as he held me close, "Nothing. I was just wondering. So have you talked to your mother about dress dates?"

I shook my head in return as I swung my legs beside his, "I talked to her a little this morning. We're going in two weeks. I'm getting that done then we're picking out a caterer. While I'm out with her, we're picking out my maid of honor, bridesmaids, and all that stuff so you better start picking out your best man and all that stuff."

"I was actually thinking on having my brother as my best man. I've been pretty close to him and he had me his best man in his wedding last winter," he replied as we watched Fawn whinny out in laughter as Darkness chased her.

I nodded as I hopped off the gate, "Sounds good. I'll make sure to write him down. Now I've gotta go meet up with the girls. I will see you later. Make sure you take Darkness out of the field when you're finished watching them then put Ranger, Sunny, Liberty, Apollo, and Skull in there with her for our ride later. I'll put them all up later."

Ren leaned down to kiss me goodbye, "Got it. You be careful and I'll see you later. I love you."

I kissed him gently in return before pulling away with a nod, "I will and I love you too."

I waved at him before jogging off to the barn and up to my room to grab my keys. I grabbed them then ran out to my truck and drove to the ice cream parlor. I met up with the girls, ate some ice cream, chatted, and then led the way back to the farm around six. I parked up by the barn then got out with the girls. Dylan jogged over with Zoey and Riley while Emma lagged behind, her nose in a book. I slid my helmet onto my head after stopping by the tack room with them to grab all of our tack for our horses. I made my way back outside with them and towards Fawn's pasture where the six horse grazed.

Dylan made her way over to Apollo, cooing over at him gently, "Hey buddy. What's my handsome man doing?"

I watched her tack him up while I did the same with Ranger. Emma was with Liberty, tacking her up while Zoey was working with Sunny. Riley was already finished with Skull, taking him to the gate to hitch him there while we could work with Fawn before our ride. I hitched Ranger up beside him and the three other girls followed suit. I walked out into the field, whistling out for Fawn. The timid mare was slowly and hesitantly making her way over, jumping when she found more people in her field. I held her halter in my hand with the lead and carefully slid it onto her when she came close to me.

I walked her with me over towards my friends, gently murmuring soothing words to her to calm her down as she continued to move slower. I rubbed her neck gently as I looked at my friends, "Guys, this is Fawn. This is the pretty girl I have for the summer."

"Well isn't she such a beautiful little girl," Zoey cooed as she reached forwards to carefully stroke the mare's face.

"She's a pretty mare. So how does it feel to have her?" Emma asked as she continued reading.

I looked over as I rubbed Fawn's head when she leaned it down and leaned it against my chest, "I love her. She's great. I'm glad I got her. She's a sweetheart. She gets along with everything and everyone. She's very gentle and soft-hearted which makes trust such an easy thing with her. I know tomorrow I'm sending out an email to the association to see if I can get a back story on her. I want to know what happened out in the wild."

"I think it'd be pretty cool to hear her story," Riley replied as she rubbed along Fawn's pelt gently.

"Agreed. Do you have any theories on her?" Dylan asked as she stood beside me.

I shrugged my shoulders as I moved with them to walk Fawn to the stables, "I'm thinking she was an extremely low ranked mare. I mean she's very submissive around stallions, myself, any of the groomers, and she's very timid as it is."

Emma looked up with a nod, "She probably was if she acts like that. The stallion probably wasn't too fond of her if she was put in dead last."

"Agreed," I answered before putting Fawn in her stall, cooing at her gently to relax her so she wouldn't freak out.

Once the mare settled down, I left her there then jogged out with the girls back to our horses to get ready for our trail ride together before turning in for the night.
Last edited by ScarletFeather11 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScarletFeather11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me