HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What's your least favourite subject?

Languages
12%
Mathematics
47%
Sciences
9%
World history/geography
21%
Other
11%

Total votes : 793

HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Waki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:54 am

WELCOME TO THE HOMEWORK HELP CENTER!( HWH)

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
~ intro and question forms (you are here)
~how to fill a form
~websites and study tips
~other

Wether it is related to school or not, anything that you don't understand or need help on, feel free to ask it on here and someone will answer and guide you through the question! It could be Math, science, english, physics, or even help studying for a test/exam! No matter what it is, anything you aren't 100% sure of, ask in here! c:
Just follow these SIMPLE rules in asking a question, or if you are answering someone else's questions.

if you ever feel like you were wasting your time on Cs and could be doing something more productive...well now you have it! A homework thread! :clap:

NOTE TO EVERYONE:
EVERYONE and ANYONE can ask, or answer the questions, and please FEEL FREE to discuss amongst this thread. that is what it was made for. c: questions or concerns? please PM me.

WHEN ASKING A QUESTION: steps to follow---> MUST USE QUESTION FORM

a) make sure the question you are asking is clear, and is possible to solve. Eg. Don't ask a question where there is no definite answer, "how big is the universe?" Yea. No. ;-;

B) word your question correctly, so anyone trying to help you can easily understand what you are trying to ask. It makes things much more easier for everyone.

C) be patient. Feel free to repost your question if you are not getting an answer, but do NOT SPAM your repeated questions.

D) Don't forget to thank a person! It is only common courtesy

WHEN ANSWERING THE QUESTION: steps to follow---> ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS YOU ARE 100% SURE OF!

a) when answering someone's question, quote their question and write the solution or help underneath it.

B) DO NOT simply write the answer to the question. Try as best as you can to SHOW HOW YOU ACHIEVED that answer, or take a picture of your rough work and put it on here. For eg, DO NOT :
Person 1: what is 2+x=3?
answer: x=1

Instead, DO
answer : reverse the equation, so 3-2=x, therefore x=1.

C) be PATIENT with the person you are helping. Sometimes it takes more than once to get the question, perhaps second time is the chArm!

D)~~~

question form:

Code: Select all
[center][size=200]I HAVE A QUESTION![/size]
[b][u]TYPE OF QUESTION:[/u][/b](answer here e.g.. Math, sciences)
[b][u]YOUR QUESTION:[/u][/b](write here)[/center]
Last edited by Waki on Mon May 15, 2017 8:47 am, edited 20 times in total.
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||wip

Postby Waki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 am

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
~ intro and question forms
~how to fill a form (you are here)
~guides and study tips
~other

an example of how to use the question form, and how to answer questions properly.

TYPE OF QUESTION:Math
YOUR QUESTION:John has 3 apple. Billy ate 2. How many are there left? (sorry stupid question lol!)

an example of someone solving the question:

TYPE OF QUESTION:Math
YOUR QUESTION:John has 3 apple. Billy ate 2. How many are there left? (sorry stupid question lol!)

the answer is 1.
3-2=1
c:
Last edited by Waki on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||

Postby Waki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:18 am

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
~ intro and question forms
~how to fill a form
~websites and study tip?(you are here)
~other

owner:
Waki feel free to pop me a PM

ACTIVE helpers/tutors:
Wasted Space Subjects: Everything c:
celeritas~subjects: math, physics, astronomy
aequilibrium All subjects, PM her or leave a note on this thread
ρѕу¢нσтι¢ subjects: English
yuricasubjects: geometry, English, U.S. History, sciences
X
note: ANYONE can help and answer any person's questions, however an active helper is someone that visits this thread very often, and answers lots of questions. If I see you helping around this thread frequently, I will PM you and ask if you'd wish to become an active helper. Being an active helper, users can contact you one on one instead of posting here if they wish.

STUDYING TIPS:
~ FOCUS on your task, and get it done within an hour or two. Do not multitask when doing work even if you are great at it.

if you have a tip you wish to share, send me a PM or post it here! C: all tips are welcome!
watermelon. wrote:Study Tips!
Because I should be studying right now, I thought I would share with you some of my study tips!

1. Do not procrastinate like I am right now. Due to my procrastination I have to finish a whole big book in 5 days, take 10 more pictures of nature, write a 30 page thingy-ma-bobber, and much much more. So please, DON'T DO IT! IT'S BAD TRUST ME

2. Make it fun for you in some way. *not implying that studying is fun either way* Turn on some music (I know they say not to listen to music with words, but it helps me a lot to get motivated personally.), get a snack, or even just some colored highlighters to make it a bit more fun!
-when I was little, I would turn cleaning into a game, so I try and think of this the same way-

3. Find out what kind of learner you are! Visual? Draw or find something that will help you memorize! Auditory? Listen to what you need to memorize over and over, or try and say it over and over to yourself to keep it in your mind. Kinesthetic? Find something you can interact with to learn (pop up pages, etc.)

4. If possible, find a study friend or someone who can come over. I know this isn't possible for everyone, because it isn't for me >.<

5. If you really find yourself unable to study at home, try going to the library or something! Most libraries have desks set up where you can do whatever work you need to, and you can usually bring your laptop and everything for free wi-fi, etc. I remember once my mom had to do something at the library, so I looked around for a while, then I sat down for about a whole hour and did homework XDD

6. Find what motivates you! Is it an inspirational quote? Is it a reward at the end? Set up something that will help you get motivated, such as "If I finish this page of math, I can get this piece of candy" or whatever it might be.

7. If studying for a test, make practice sheets and make it like you're really taking the test at home. See what you got wrong one hour, do it again later after studying a bit more, and continue that until you've got it down. I have done this COUNTLESS times, and it has helped me so so so much.

8. Don't overwork yourself. If you need a break, take one (within moderation). If it gets to the point where your brain is no longer retaining information, it's time for a quick break to clear up some of the thoughts going on.

9. Make it easy for you. If the teacher is making things confusing, don't be afraid to step it back a bit and try it a different way that makes it better to your mind. I have been told not to do it in math, but it really helps me a lot.

10. Get into a routine of studying. I have a problem with this, but I'm working on it. Try and set a time every day that will work for when you can study or do homework. It'll set your brain to know when to study!

HELPFUL WEBSITES:
if you have a helpful website you wish to share, post it here, or pM me a little information about the website c:

mathway a great site for math probem solving—you must type in the whol question/equation in order for answers to come up.
Last edited by Waki on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Essay writing and MLA format

Postby Waki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:33 am

link for MlA format and how to cite using MLA format-
dm me
Last edited by Waki on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HOMEWORK help center ||HWH||open!

Postby Waki » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Bumpiditty doo
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:48 pm

bumpily doodle doo
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Waki » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:05 am

bump~
Waki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rifka » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am

This is a great idea!
And there are people living in the opposite hemisphere/taking summer classes that will have homework. c:
Avatar by the amazing Okami Shiranui/Wolfanny!
Rifka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spooks. » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:32 am

cool. will be using this later maybe.
Last edited by spooks. on Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
baby you're a haunted house
better find another superstition
spooks.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Totty » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 pm

But it's really sweet to just help out in the first place <3 Don't you think :3? [ Love the sig btw. Go GF >3< ]

I currently don't have any hw >w< Neat topic!
▌▌ <3 ~ síх sαmє fαcєs ~ <3
Image Image
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌
▌▌

▌▌Hello, I'm Totty, and fandom trash is an accurate sum
▌▌of my life. (: I am obsessed with Osomatsu-San as well
▌▌omg I can't even expLAiN.
▌▌and, I'm also a Steven Universe freak.
▌▌Gravity Falls and totally obsess over it (: Basically non
▌▌of my obsessions are healthy c: Bill is mah bae <3 <3
▌▌~Halsey ~T-Swift ~Melanie Martinez ~Lots more c: ~~
▌▌PM me to chat, I guess. Check out meh pals cx ~~~~
▌▌Normal Snicki Twin Jackie Bip Logic Sym Fall song

Todomatsu-Sama is my fave Matsu. Karamatsu bby is second. Image
Totty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes