Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come Join!

Postby lesbian » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:37 pm

Navigation wrote:
Introduction - You're Here Rules + Form + Warnings Spotlight Shops & Achievements Resources Community Board

Welcome to 'Signing Off', this fanclub is designed to fill a void in the Clubs and Armies board where coding can be discussed. Everyone, of any and all skill levels are welcome to join in and ask for advice on their BBCode from more experienced folk, show off their signatures and just generally chat about BBCode. Amongst other things you can get to meet with like minded people; and gather tips and tricks from well seasoned signature makers, or get to know others who are in the early stages and just getting to grips with signature making, either way everyone you meet along our little journey will have something to learn from you and you them.

All forms are automatically accepted - hopefully this will help less experienced BBCoders know who to ask for help if they need it. We also have a community board where you can see signatures that have been submitted and also where signature shops will be featured. Take a look and see what is happening.

Another feature of Signing Off is that we have a monthly raffle with various ways to enter, included creating a signature based around our monthly theme and helping out around the club. Remember, ultimately the aim of this thread is to learn from each other's experiences and benefit from others' knowledge!

Please find and fill out the form found on the second post in order to join! All forms are auto-accepted so don't worry, you can post right away.

Staff
      Staff: In order to keep the peace and enforce rules we will have some staff who just generally keep things on topic, here they are:

ImagexxxImage

Aaronxxx|| ★★★ ||xxxLesbian

ZeyDaan wrote:
      Irisidium: This lovely nerd organizes and runs the member board and resource board. If you want to sign up, change something on the sign up or have something you want to added to the resources, this is the person to talk to; shoot him a PM if you need something updated/changed.
      ZeyDaan: The guardian of order. Huge nerd but knows their stuff. If you have any questions, ask this person in PM.
      Wenom: The self-proclaimed "Awesome dictator who gives out rad prizes for things 'n more things." A kickass person, and normally the one who gets us chased around town by the fun police but she also runs the community board, so go check that out!
      Kristen: The intense critical analyst. No man, woman or other has seen smooth flowing commentary such as what this person can deliver, its like drinking rainbows. As a super sweet person, she's always happy to help with coding through PM!

We're glad you are interested in our community, and we hope that you enjoy yourself. If you'd like to fill out a form {It is not necessary, it's just a little introduction post for a bit of fun!} If you're wondering "How do I join?" - the answer is simple, just post!

And old users who would like to use this form, feel free to! [Just avoid spamming, and if you'd like to make a completely new post with it, make sure to include other things in the post or even edit your old post!]

Code: Select all
      [img]http://i.imgur.com/lbWYTR6.png[/img]

[size=85][list][list][color=#2e124c]Username:[/color]
      [list][color=#7A6096]here[/color][/list]

[color=#2e124c]Name/Nickname[s]:[/color]
      [list][color=#7A6096]here - please remember that full names aren't allowed, only first names![/color][/list]

[color=#2e124c]Pronouns:[/color]
      [list][color=#7A6096]here - he/she/they/ect[/color][/list]

[color=#2e124c]Do you have an signature shop?:[/color]
      [list][color=#7A6096]here - include a link if you want to[/color][/list]

[color=#2e124c]What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:[/color]

[color=#2e124c]When did you begin making signatures?:[/color]

[color=#2e124c]Tell us a bit about yourself?:[/color]
      [list][color=#7A6096]here - if you want to![/color][/list]

[color=transparent]Irisid, I'd like to sign up![/color][/list][/list][/size]
Last edited by lesbian on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 69 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules + Forum + Warnings

Postby lesbian » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Navigation wrote:
Introduction   Rules + Forum + Warnings - You're here Spotlight Shops & Achievements   Resources Community Board  Signature Copyright Policy  Image Permission Policy

This is the section of the thread where all of the rules and stuff belong. Please follow these; they are there for a reason.
      These have the right to be edited at anytime and will be edited if it is required for them to be edited, by CS mods or myself.
      (Of course, I will ask the community first before editing rules, that way no unpopular decisions occur.)

New Rules added to the thread! - Read here for detail
        -You must now reply to a minimum of two posts before you make a post for yourself. You are more than welcome to make posts for others and not ask for something yourself [Exception to this is asking questions, and purely replying to questions with no addition for yourself.]
        -If you want long replies, use the Signature Criticism and Signature Respect threads instead. However, that does not mean you can't ask for comments here, you can; but don't expect long replies.
        -If you need help with the coding of your signature because it doesn’t work, please go to the Digital Distinct thread and post there instead
        -If you come back to the thread after a hiatus, Welcome back! However, the comment on previous posts rule still applies to you as well.
      Any of the above new rules above being broken will lead to warnings.
      This no longer is valid! All warnings given for this reason are now gone!

All of Tess rules apply. This means:
        -No spam
        -No double posting, we have an edit button for a reason.
        -No bullying and harassment, put downs and demoralizing terminology.
        -No Art theft of any kind. Please credit any art that is not clip art, official fandom art. We won't tolerate any art theft here.
        -Please no minimodding. We are all on the same level here.

Rules in regards to offsite links being posted:
        -If you link anything here on CS, it must play by CS rules. Examples of this are Join Me links, Rabbit links, resource links or anything else. If one of us go on and see something not CS appropriate, we will ask for you to remove the link off CS and you may get warned depending on the severity.

And of course, some guidelines:
        New Guidelines added to the thread!
        - Please try to reply to a minimum of two posts asking for critique before you make one for yourself.
        - If you expect long replies, use the Signature Criticism and Signature Respect threads instead.
        - If you need help with the specific coding of your signature, go to the Digital Distinct thread.

-If you are asking for tutorials, go here instead as these people will help you out there.
        -If someone asks for advice, please give creative and collective criticism:
          -Explain why you think something should be like this so the person on the receiving end understands. It also helps to point out the positives and negatives of a signature, so please do so respectfully:
            -An example of a good collective criticism is: "I adore how the slick purple colours match with the rest of your signature, but I do think the images you used are a little blurry" is a good example, it points out where the flaw is and the person knows what to fix up next if it is needed.
            -A bad example of a good collective criticism is: "I don't like the colours because they don't match, but that's my opinion." It does nothing to tell the other person how they can fix that, and it makes the person saying that looks rude and obnoxious.
            -An example saying "It sucks" without any reason is rude, inconsiderate and doesn't do anything to help the person improve. If you do this, it will be classed as demoralizing terminology and you will be told to remove the comment.
        -Make sure you show art credit in your signatures if you use something that you did not make and it is not official art or clip art!
        -Stay positive and optimistic! For some people, it took them months to get to where they are with signatures and how they make them.
          -Please do not be disheartened if your skill level is not at the same as others; it took them ages to get to that point and if you put your mind to it, you can too!
            (For me, it took 1 year of Graphic Design College; $1000+ dollars in programs and computer purchases, weeks worth of experiments and tutorial watching; doing commissions since September '14 and a positive and optimistic attitude to get to where I am, and I still am improving to this day.)
      And that is it for the rules and guidelines! If you follow all of these, there will be no dramas here, and that is the icing on the cake :)

I'm glad you are still reading this. It must mean you are interested in joining the fanclub, that is terrific! How do you do this, just post!

Wait, I know what you are thinking. Where is the forum fill out? Look up, it is now converted into a sexy looking introduction forum. What is that for? If you have no idea how to introduce yourself onto the thread, there you go. A forum fill out for you, a template for you to fill and it is completely optional, and free of tax [Inc no cost for delivery. What a bargain]

Because of past occurrences in relation to signature discussions, there is going to a system in place to stop negativity happening.
      It doesn't matter who you are; please follow the rules and we will all be happy and there will be no problems.
      Warnings will be issued if you break one of the four rules above primarily.

-First time warnings will mean that you will be asked to remove the post by myself, Irisid or Wenom. Failure to do so will end up being addressed by a mod.
        -Second time warnings will mean that the post will instantly be removed by a mod and you will have a strike against your name.
        -Third time warnings will mean that you will no longer be welcome here.
        *Note: In the case of the new rules, 1 warning is your first chance, 2 warnings is your second chance, 3 warnings mean you are no longer welcome here.

Warnings are no longer placed here. The mods spoke and deemed this to be a demoralizing list of people. We will keep a list offsite of those who do break the rules. Please ensure you do follow them. Thank you.

WIP stands for Wenom and Irisidium Party 2k15
Last edited by Goostarion on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 46 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Spotlight Shops & Achievements

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Spotlight
      Here's our spotlighted signature shop of the month!:

Hanabi Coding

Achievement  Badges
      Achievement unlocked! Want to unlock cool badges to display on your profile to show off your involvement in the coding community? Take a look at the badge packs and PM Irisidium when you think you've unlocked one - he'll supply you with your fresh, shiny badge!

Critique pack
      • Signature Judge
      10 critiques

• Signature Critic
      25 critiques

• Signature Connoisseur
      75 critiques

•Signature Aesthete
      150 critiques
Last edited by Aaron✦ on Fri May 06, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 124 times in total.
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Resources n Stuff

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Right here are a bunch of super useful resources!
xxxxxxxx{If you have anything to add here, feel more than free to PM me. c:}

Club Support Banners

[url=http://tinyurl.com/ksvbfpk]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JdoaAaC.png[/img][/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LtJ9Aho.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/U2H7asA.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/WHN8PxK.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/m5OGdWR.png[/img][/url]

Websites
    Dafont - Install your choice of thousands of fonts.

ColourAdobe - Help pick colours and create hex codes and colour schemes.

Gifcam - Tried and tested gif recording software.

Joinme - You probably know of it. Download and go screen-capture streaming software with no microphone.

rabb.it - Streaming an on-site browser. Quick and easy!

Mega Cool Text - Various text generators for cool fonts.

Fullwidth Text Generator - Another text generator, for full-width characters; because you can never have too many!

CopyPasteCharacter - A large collection of copy and paste symbols to choose from.

Templates
    Circle || Inverse circle
    Image Image

Stamps
{Made by MoonlitRaven}
Image Image

---

Levi Ackerman wrote:1. Select which characters you are going to use. If they are apart of a canon universe like Attack on Titan, or a band or something else, be sure to try and get images of the character that match their personality as much as possible. This will help you later on with the overall arrangement of the signature. If you are using animals, it is best to try and represent that animal for their traits if you can. Using pink colours for a grey wolf doesn't tend to work, so it is best to illustrate each animal's trait as best you can for a better finish.
2. Select an appropiate colour theme that would be able to show off the character a little more. As mentioned above, using colours that are off doesn't sell the image very well and it ends up feeling off and somewhat out of place (Currently, my Feb month's signature shows that Levi can get down and dirty when it comes to the time and place where it is appropriate, all of the finer details are inside, but on the other-side, he can be dirty. (Like how the coding is arranged)) There is a chart out the front of the tutorial thread with resources that can help you.
(Optional step 2.5
Get some quotes or inspirational text in your signature, this can be used to cover space or something else. A good way to get a quote is that if you are doing a signature based on a character, find a quote that suits that character. Or you can look into what you like, for instance the Harry Potter books and find a quite from one of the books that fit the character. LOOK INTO YOUR INTERESTS THIS WILL HELP YOU A TON.)
3. Sketch out a layout on paper or some form of drawing medium you use. This way you have a vague idea of what your signature will look like by the end. Or at least there is a basic idea of how you want it arranged.
4. Make sure you have all links and images you wish to use. It is no use in having an signature idea and then not being able to do it.(This can be rule number 1 as well simply because the images can be used to influence the layout of your signature. For me, I make an idea then look for resource)
5. Once your organization is done, you are best to work in this order:
Put all still images into the signature where you have destined them to be > Do all Typography (Words and quotes and crap) on the signature > Gifs and effects.
6. If you feel as if it is empty, add some themes into it. (For instance, my current sig I added dust clouds in there)

And that is all you need to do, for the image manipulation part. You can follow the same sort of scheme to for the coding part if you wish.
Last edited by Aaron✦ on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Community Board

Postby lesbian » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Navigation wrote:
Introduction Rules + Form + Warnings Spotlight Shops & Achievements Resources Community Board - You're Here

Welcome to the community board; this post will teach you everything you need to know about the fun stuff going on in the community.

Monthly Raffle!
      Now onto the monthly raffle information.

The monthly raffle is the new and improved replacement for what was simply the monthly challenge - back with more ways to take part and enter, and more prizes!

WAYS TO EARN TICKETS:
      • Make a signature according to the monthly theme: 15 tickets
      • Critique/respect someone's signature: (depending on quality) 1-10 tickets
      • Lend a helping hand: 5 tickets

PRIZES:
      • 1st and 2nd drawn will have their shop/signature of choice spotlighted on the front page
      • Custom achievement badge
      • Pets from the prize pool

The winner shall be chosen entirely at random using a random number generator as Levi and I decided that it was the most fair way to decide upon a winner; the prize for the winner will be pets from this group, or from Irisid's pets. {Feel free to donate, but there's no need.}

This month's theme: Fandoms
      End date for entries: Monday the 30th of June, 2016

Be creative and have fun! <3

Here's the form:
        [size=85][color=#2e124c][b][u]Form: (please PM to [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=497887]Irisidium[/url] or [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=208925]Wenom![/url])[/u][/b]
        [code][list][b][color=#2e124c]Username:[/color][/b]
        [list][color=#7A6096][username here][/color][/list]

[b][color=#2e124c]Link to picture of Signature:[/color][/b]
        [color=#7A6096][link here][/color][/list][/list][/code][/color][/size][/list]
        Rules:
          1. When entering, make sure to take a screenshot or make a gif of your sig - if you need assistance, Irisidium is happy to do it for you but he may be in a different time zone to you and so might take a while to do it. (Just PM him and he'll get back to you as soon as possible - if you can, put 'Signature Help' as the title of the PM. Thank you.)
          2. Whilst you are not required to be an expert to enter (any skill levels can join), your sig shouldn't just be one word.
          3. Any size of sig is allowed (100 x 700 | 200 x 300 | 400 x 700) but, it should fit into the size given in your sig.
          4. Don't be rude to anyone about the signature they've made.
          5. If you don't win, don't feel disheartened, try again next month. c:
          6. Have fun! nwn
Last edited by lesbian on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 am, edited 35 times in total.
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

My Form!

Postby lesbian » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:02 am

Username:
        lesbian [however, i have previously been wenom]

Name/Nickname[s]:
        wenom/ween/weenie, torpor/torp, or lesbian

Pronouns:
        any

Do you have an signature shop?:
        absolutely - I share it with the wonderful Irisidium

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        My favourite part is the response I can receive from pretty signatures, it makes me feel good and I hope that my signatures can make others feel good too!

My least favourite part would be the pure frustration when I mess up coding and I cannot figure out the part that is wrong with the coding and it ruins the whole signature for me.

When did you begin making signatures?:
        Gosh, I'm not entirely sure, it must have been in the middle of 2013, perhaps before?

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        I'm a queer teen from Scotland, I love photography and painting [although I am better at the former] and my beautiful pets! My favourite animal is cats and very, very closely followed by dogs! If you need any help with BBCode I can do my best to help!

Irisid, I'd like to sign up!
Last edited by lesbian on Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Irisid's Form

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:04 am

xxx Image
        Username:
          Irisidium

Late 2013

Do you have an art shop?:

Would you like your monthly signature progress tracked?:
          Yesssc:

Irisid, I'd like to sign up! hahaha it me

---

Username:
        Irisidium

Name/Nickname[s]:
        Aaron, Iri, Irisid

Pronouns:
        He

Do you have an signature shop?:

What's your favourite and least favourite part about coding:
        here

here

Tell us a bit about yourself?:
        here - if you want to!

Last edited by Aaron✦ on Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adopt a Newbie

Postby lesbian » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:05 am

This is a WIP please do not fill anything out!

This is the section of the thread where the Adopt a newbie program is! What this program strives to do is allow experienced coders to help inexperienced coders learn how to BBC code and make awesome signatures, forum posts or anything else that comes to mind when one mentions BBC Code!
    Frequently asked Questions
      Please read this FAQ section before you send an application forum! (Does not count for the first applicants for their first newbie. This is purely a test run to see how it all works.)

What if I only need help in a specific area of BBC coding?
          The people who have applied to help out will be more than willing to help you out in any area they are qualified to do so. A lot of help is already available on Digitally Distinct, located here.
        I don't understand what most of the helpers are saying, is there a guide somewhere?
          Yup! There is a dictionary guide located here
        I changed my username, will you change it on the list?
          No. I can't keep changing this list for you every time you change your name. Please don't ask.
        How many times can I apply?
          As many times as you want! But it is worth mentioning that you need to do a main application so I have record of what type of person you might be first off.

Adopters
      Here Is a list of users who have offered their time to help out coders!

Application Forum
      If you want to apply to become an experienced coder to help users, please send me this forum in PM!
          Username:
          Number of People who you wish to helper:
          Why do you want to be a helper?:
      What programs / areas of BBC coding do you know?:
      What areas of BBC coding do you specialize in?:
          A newbie came to you and needed help with getting the left right center aligned code to be tighter. How would you proceed to help them?:

If you are a newbie, please fill this forum out on the thread!
      Username:
      How did you find this program?:
      What is it do you wish to get help with specifically?:
Last edited by Goostarion on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 11 times in total.
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Signing Off: Of The Falls's form

Postby Falls » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:42 am

Username:
        Of The Falls

I started making signatures for myself in 2011,
        but I didn't get very good until around 2013,
        which was just before I was confident
        enough to make the signature tutorial.

No, but I take requests via PM!

Sure, I'll try it out!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
﴾ Ғαℓℓs ﴿

CS Status:
semi-inactive

Coding Help:
click here

Sig Requests:
closed

Emergency?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI'llxalwaysxacceptxPMsxandxhelpxrequestsxfromxfriendsxandxoldxacquaintances.
Falls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Signing Off: A Signature Fanclub - Come join!

Postby Aaron✦ » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:06 am

Of The Falls wrote:Image
      Username:
        Of The Falls

I started making signatures for myself in 2011,
        but I didn't get very good until around 2013,
        which was just before I was confident
        enough to make the signature tutorial.

No, but I take requests via PM!