Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby ξƞçɧαƞtєđ » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 am

We all have had experiences with people who try and act like they know what they are doing but don't when it comes to you and your pet(s). Whether it be know-it-alls who give you "advice" on how to better take care of your pets, people who don't know how to act around your animals, or people that just have out and right peeved you off with what they have done, said, or attempted to do to or around your animals.

Please note that all of Tess's rules apply to this topic.
"тняσυgн αcтιση, α мαη вεcσмεs α нεяσ
тняσυgн dεαтн, α нεяσ вεcσмεs α ℓεgεηd
тняσυgн тιмε, α ℓεgεηd вεcσмεs α мүтн
αη∂ вү ℓεαяηιηg ғяσм тнε мүтн α мαη тαкεs αcтιση."
ξƞçɧαƞtєđ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Ocean Freckles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 am

My best friend comes and visit my horse but she is kind of scared he will bite. She acts all nervous which makes my horse highly strung for the whole day, and spooky. :(
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

hey, i'm sindy :)

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Ocean Freckles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 am

My one aunt annoys me a bit when it comes to Koda. She got attacked by a chow when she was younger so I understand her being wary around dogs, but some of the stuff she does still annoys me.

Rylee my other dog is a big, black, 75 pound GSD/golden mix with mild fear aggression and territorial behavior.. I understand people being uneasy around her.

But this is Koda.

My aunt will always say he looks like a little coyote (I don't see it). She also says that if we were walking him in town everyone would be moving out of our way (she's saying it playfully but she does mean it; the opposite happens though, everyone wants to pet him). If they're ever up at our house and Koda is staring at someone she'll always ask "Why is he staring??". As if he's getting ready to attack or something. Koda is one of those dogs who will pay close attention to whoever is talking; he loves to listen to people and act like he understands. :P

He's 35 pounds and still has a puppy sort of look to him. He's never once bit anyone or shown any aggression.

Again I understand people's fears but some people take it too far. I've trained my dog well and he has no genetic disposition to aggression.. I think I have my medium sized dog under control, you don't need to freak out.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~DarkRose~ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm

My puppy is not leash-trained, so she pulls on the leash and tries to run. Even though I tell her not to, my sister lets her run anyways, which just teaches the dog that's she's in control. :(
~DarkRose~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HipsterCanine » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:28 pm

I have this really annoying friend, and is a bit cat obsessed so every time she sees my poor kitty she picks him up and THROWS him! Seriously, I get a bit rough with my kitty when he's being playful or being a bugger, but you don't throw a cat a metre into the air for your own enjoyment! It enrages me. And then she'll constantly handle him whenever he gets a moment to get his balance back and shes at him again! Sometimes I wish I could scream "LEAVE MY CAT ALONE".
" there are so many fragile things, after all. people break so easily, and so do hearts and dreams "
HipsterCanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~wolf~spirit~ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Awwww.....Koda! ♥ I want a Koda!! ♥
....wait....I came to write something about my dog...oh yeah! When people come to my house my dog barks....like, all the time (I don't think he likes the doorbell...) and people look at me like "control your dog"....Excuse me? Is he not meant to protect my house and family? Is he not meant to protect his territory? But then I find this is an easy problem to solve; don't like the way my dog acts? DON'T COME TO MY HOUSE! Leo is really more than dog...he's my baby :) And a member of my family ♥♥♥♥♥
♥ Auction Thread ♥
♥ Fair Trade Thread ♥
♥Event Swaps♥
~wolf~spirit~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 am

My friends come over and I'll be petting my precious cat and they will take him from my hands, even after I say, "Don't," or "No."

My husky is very hyper. So my friend will come over and is all talking about training him. And when we go on walks she holds him way back and swats him every time he tries to go faster. The problem is, I have been running with him, so he was confused. I know huskies need LOTS of exercise and love to run, so I'll run with him a bit. He pulls on the leash, but I don't care, as long as he doesn't pull too hard, I just let him. My friend also swats him really hard and I can tell it hurts. He looks at me like, What did I do to deserve this?

I had a rooster who was the nicest thing. Even though his breed is known to be aggressive and tempermental, I trained (yes, you can train chickens if you start when they are chicks) him and he was the nicest rooster ever. Well my friend had had "bad experiences" with this certain breed and was all afraid of him and wanted me to lock him up. He wasn't going to hurt a flea. I kept on saying that he was nice and liked to be petted. But you can't run because that stimulates him so he chases after you. But he doesn't do anything, he just chases. So she would be running away from him, after I told her not to, and then she would be like, "See, he's a mean rooster." And then I'd have to lock him up.

This happens to all pets really when it comes to this friend. We'll be talking or something and a dog or cat will come up and nudge my hand or rub against me. After I don't pet it, it goes over to her and she'll pet it or even pick it up and say something like, "It likes me better. I just know it." I'm sitting there thinking, Well, if it liked you better, than it would've come to you first. She does that to me a lot, even with my own pets. Maybe it's because they want to smell you. Ever thought of that. You are a new person and they don't know you. Although she insists that the cat or dog loves her. My Siamese mix is very shy, like most Siameses. So when a big crowd of people comes, she's acts all scared and shy. But when only one or two people come to visit, she doesn't act like that. Just a little nervous is all. So then my friend is usually the one to come when it is only one person and she thinks the cat isn't shy. If she came when there was a big crowd, trust me, the cat wouldn't come to you like she did here today. She would run away. Plus, usually she has to GO and GET the cat to pet it afterwards when she's over at my house. It only comes up once in a while. At least when she's not there, my cat comes to me and I have to GET away from HER. She's very attached to me.

⌜ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌝
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

⌞ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ⌟

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

in space no one can hear
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ you scream ‍. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Actually.A.Herondale » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 am

I have an almost-five-month-old filly. She was a nurse mare foal, so I know nothing of her parents. I've had her since she was one week old. I think she has Arabian and/or Tennessee walker in her (which kinda ruins my original plans for her future, but whatever, I'll figure something out). There are several things people do with that that annoy me.
For one, a very close family friend, who's basically an aunt to me, repeatedly comments on my facebook pictures of her that she looks like a racehorse. I for one, hate the racing industry with a burning passion. Whiskey, my filly, is a product of it, bred to be thrown away so a race horse foal can nurse off her mother. I don't know how that benefits the actual mother of the racing baby, but apparently it does. Other breeding farms do it to, but the racing industry is most known for using nurse mares.
Another thing, one of the other girls at my barn who also adopted a nurse mare foal but doesn't do anything with her filly, constantly says that her's is the prettiest and fanciest and teh leader of our little herd of fillies (there are 3 at our barn). Her filly is not the leader, a little palimino QH-looking filly (her name is Butterball) is the alpha of the three. And because the girl does nothing with her filly, Keeva, the filly is a pain in the butt. If they're in the turn outs, we can't leave Keeva alone, which means if Butterball is out, I can't take Whiskey out because Keeva will freak out and try to jump the fence and hurt herself.
And then there's the people who disagree with punishment. The same people who own Keeva let her get away with everything. Meanwhile, when I take Whiskey out to work with her on ground manners and get her used to being touched, I don't let her get away with things. If she kicks me, I spank her once within the first 2 minutes of her kicking. Never hard enough to be considered abuse, but it's what a mare does to her foal if the foal kicks: she kicks it back or bites it. She bites or kicks me, I have to be the mare and repremand her. If Keeva's owners are there when I have to do that, they get very defensive.
"Did you just hit her?!"
"Yes. She kicks me, I spank her."
"Why?! She's just a baby!"
"She needs to know that I'm the boss mare with her. I have to play the role of her mother."
"But she's just a baby!"
"And? She won't be a baby forever. Once she's a yearling, it's gonna hurt like hell to be kicked by her and it won't get better as she gets older. Fix it now, it's safer for everyone."
It drives me crazy. I will take care of my baby girl, and you take care of yours. Just don't expect me to turn that horse out when she gets older, because she's going to be a monster. My filly will be well behaved and respectful on the ground. She is not a racehorse. She will not be a monster.
Actually.A.Herondale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm

It gets annoying when my dog is better behaved than someone's human child.

Whenever I take my dog, Chloe, to a public event or walks in the city - it never fails. At least 3 people will reach out and pet her without permission, and usually without even letting her sniff them. So many times they'll just run up and start patting her on the head, which must be kind of scary for her. She's a tiny dog. And it isn't even just kids that do this. Adults will do it, too.
Recently, this one kid wouldn't leave her alone. He went to chase her around my legs and even after I picked her up and told him that she just wanted to be left alone right then, he wouldn't stop. At one point, he just started grabbing at her feet and tail. Another time, this kid who looked to be around 10 years old just walked up to us and grabbed her. He picked her up and starting petting her. Luckily, my dog has never nipped anyone and is very people-friendly, but these people don't know this. She could have bitten them, and it would have even been her fault. Do you know what probably would have happened if she had nipped at them, though? They probably would have told me that it was my fault, or that Chloe was vicious or something. Gr...

Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xzandrra » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:00 pm

I used to have this one 'friend' that would come over to visit. I say 'friend' because her presence depended entirely on whether or not the pool was open or if she could play with my pets. Although I knew this, she was fairly nice and so usually when she asked to come over I would let her. I knew the real reason why she was coming and I figured because she didn't know I knew why she was coming that I somehow had the situation under control.

She absolutely adored my bunny and my dog. She would pet my dog right when she got inside and then walk straight to the rabbit and start petting her. This in itself is only off putting if you expect to spend time with the person you have visiting. As such, I wasn't too annoyed. What really got my goat (if I had a goat she would probably take him too) was when she came about three times and started saying that my pets liked her better.

Personally I think that saying that is a foolproof way to get a pet owner offended!
Xzandrra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me