Find a Pen Pal!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Find a Pen Pal!

Postby Schuyler » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:42 am

What is a pen pal? A pen pal is a friend that you get to know through writing letters, or in this case, private messages. You may want a pen pal who can help you learn about a different culture or language, or maybe you just want someone to talk to in your free time. This is a thread where you can search for pen pals and hopefully make some new friends!

You will choose your pen pal(s) yourself, so before you make a post, please take a minute and look through some of the forms that have already been posted. We don't want to have pages and pages of forms with none of them actually being looked at. ;) When you find someone you want to talk to, send them a PM and say hello!

If you don't need or want your form anymore, please edit it or report your post to ask for it to be deleted so people don't keep sending you messages.

Rules:

• Always be kind and respectful to everyone.
  • Let's keep this thread spam-free:
    • Please wait at least 3 pages before re-posting your form.
    • Only forms and questions about the thread belong here. Please do not post to mark the thread, reply to a form, make a random comment, or anything similar.
    • Do not use this thread to chat. If you want to talk to someone, please contact them by PM.
  • As per CS rules, do not share your age (including any ranges with numbers), last or full name, school year/grade, email, specific location, or other personal information. Asking for snail mail (physical letters) is not allowed, either.
    • This applies to all communication on CS, including public posts and private messages.
    • You may say that you are an adult or that you are in school or college/university. However, you should not share anything more specific than that. You may not say that you are a minor or teenager.
    • You are welcome to share your country or other general location (eg. Asia, Eastern US, Earth), but nothing more specific than your state/province.

Of course, you do not have to say anything about where you live if you don't want to! Many people look for pen pals who live in a certain country or speak a certain language, but you should only include as much information as you are comfortable sharing.

Form:

This is just a suggested form: feel free to add/change/remove anything you want to make it your own!

Code: Select all
Username:
Country/Location:
Which languages do you speak:
What kind of pen pal are you looking for:
Why do you want a pen pal:
Anything interesting about yourself:
Last edited by Schuyler on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 32 times in total.
..(Click! ->)..Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Find an International Penpal

Postby Penultima » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:51 am

Last edited by Penultima on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

She/Her - Bi - Biologist - Artist - Nature-lover - Master's student - Progressive - Unitarian

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

^ stamps by Taxidea ^
Penultima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby delete__me » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 am

Username: Banshee.
    What language(s) do you speak: German & English.
    What kind of penal are you looking for: Anyone!
    Why do you want a penpal: I'm very interested in other countries, languages and cultures. I feel a little bit bored and lonely from time to time and I really need some people who want to chat with me. I want to improve my English and I'd love to build some long lasting friendships.
    Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.):
    Well, I'm addicted to movies and TV shows. My favorite TV show is NBC's Hannibal and I love the Hobbit trilogy but I'm also a fan of Game of Thrones and Marvel. I'm very interested in Norse mythology and I enjoy traveling even though I haven't been to many countries yet. I enjoy reading, roleplaying and I like playing video games, such as Skyrim and Assassin's Creed.
    I'm always looking for new friends, so you can PM me whenever you want.
Last edited by delete__me on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
delete__me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miss Harker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Username: Miss Harker

What language(s) do you speak: German, English & a bit French and Spanish

What kind of penpal are you looking for: Anyone who wants to chat and talk about their country and culture, but also to talk about every day struggles, silly stuff etc. And someone who doesn't care that I make some mistakes.

Why do you want a penpal: I think it's interesting to meet new people and chat with them and learn somehting new about their culture & country. But also someone to share simple every day life stuff with and talk about shared interests & maybe become friends over some time.

Anything interesting about yourself: I'm an adult. I love to read, write stories, photography, art, I play D&D and I'm currently watching critical role campaign 3.
I'm a huge fan of The Last of Us and many many many tv shows (too many to name them here) and I love movies ( nearly every genre). I have my own garden and like to experiment with different kind of plants and love to watch something grow and cook a delicious meal from it after harvest.
I'm very interested in history and biology. I drink at least one cup of tea each day and lately I've become a huge board game fan. I have ADHD and a ton of hobbies I tried over the past 10 years.
I'm a DM for a Wildemount campaign right now & have a soft spot for cozy games like Stardew Valley, Dorfromantik or going fishing and admiring the landscape in RDR2.
I'm a shepherdess and have my own flock of Valais Blacknose Sheep. Oh, and my favorite animals are pandas.
Last edited by Miss Harker on Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

real life sheperdess - DnD - adult - gardening & plants - ADHD - Game of Thrones - just pm me

Miss Harker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Кaикяi » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 am

Username: Baka Chan
What language(s) do you speak: English & some Japanese
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Fluent Japanese speaker
Why do you want a penpal: I'd love to have a penpal help me with their language. I'd love to learn the cultures and such. There are many reasons why I'd love to have a penpal.
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.):A few things to know about me, I am love animals. I have a child who I am trying to teach japanese as well, though I believe he is going to learn faster than I will. I enjoy drawing and roleplaying, though I do more roleplaying than I do drawing. I have several pets, though I enjoy the company of my cats the most, they mean a lot to me for special reasons. Well, I could go on forever. If you'd like to message me, please do so. I'd to talk and such.
ℓ99к, ιт'ѕ и9т тнαт ι αм ιиѕєиѕιтινє т9 уσυя ς9иςєяиѕ 9и тнαт т9ρις....

╔══════════════════════════╗
Links will be added when Kammy isn't being lazy.
╚══════════════════════════╝

....ι αм ιитєяєѕтє∂ т9 ∂ιѕςυѕѕ тнєм ωιтн у9υ 9и αи αςα∂ємις, ρυяєℓу тнє9яєтιςαℓ ℓєνєℓ.
Кaикяi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm

Username: Gaara
What language(s) do you speak: English (fluent) Japanese(minorly) Italian(minorly) German(minorly) and Spanish(minorly)
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Anyone really. Preferablly someone wh likes anime/manga. Hehe
Why do you want a penpal: It's fun to have friends that live in other countries, and I enjoy learning about other cultures, religions and yeah.
-Female
-Very athletic (Snowboarding, Swimming, long jump and football (soccer))
-Gamer
-High schooler
-Pets include, horses, rabbits, pigs, dogs, cats, hamsters, turtles and ferrets
-INTERESTED IN LEARNING MANY DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!
-I do make string bracelets, kandi and other things
-
-
-
.sins. | they/them | sagittarius
enfp-t | true nuetral | slytherin

-----

just a vet student trying to enjoy the
minimal amount of free time they have

-----

trade | sig art credit | pfp art credit
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rampagingpickles » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 am

Username:
New York
England
What language(s) do you speak:
English and a bit of French
What kind of penpal are you looking for:
Anyone really, I would like someone from America but anywhere will do :)
Why do you want a penpal:
To learn about different cultures and places and to learn a bit of different languages
I love sport, music drawing and I am eager for learning new languages.
rampagingpickles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 am

Username: Boten Anna
What language(s) do you speak: English, little French, Swedish
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Anyone!
Why do you want a penpal: I would like one because I'm pretty curious c:
Anything interesting about yourself (hobbies, favorite ___, pets, etc.): I am pre- wait one second... here c:
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:03 am

Username: Zoker
What language(s) do you speak: I speak English, Hindi and Bengali. However, I really don't think there are too many people in CS who are from my country. : P
What kind of penpal are you looking for: Well, often its difficult for us to talk to people we see everyday, to converse with them freely and share our feelings, thoughts and ideas with. I feel it would be easier for me to talk to someone whom I really don't know. C:
So, I am looking for anyone who wants to talk with me about anything and in return is ready to listen.
Why do you want a penpal: Oh, I think I wrote about it in the above section. : P
I am a bookworm- books are really my life.
I love drawing and all my notebooks are filled with sketches and doodles.
I also enjoying listening to music a lot.
My favourite TV show is Supernatural and Dean Winchester is my soul-mate. vuv
I love animals especially dogs, reptiles and wild cats.
If you wanna more....well shoot me a pm ;)......

Sorry guys, but I already had 6-7 people contact me and although I would really love to get to know all of you, my message-box is getting too cluttered.....
Last edited by Zoker on Sat May 03, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bloop. » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Username: sammie*raz
What language(s) do you speak: English
What kind of penpal are you looking for: someone outside of US..but all are welcome ^.^
why do you want a penpal: so I can meet other people (:
any interests?: shoot me a PM and we can talk about that!
Bloop.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me