CAAA V.14 - Closed!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

CAAA V.14 - Closed!

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:40 am

Open for posting

**The official art request thread is here! Thank you Charchar2! viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2141943

DeviantArt:

Roleplay Website:
Click here

Welcome to the Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous's fourteenth forum post! I can't believe the thirteenth thread went so quickly; you guys post too much! xD I can't believe that our little club has grown so quickly! We were established as a club on June 8, 2012, and originally branched off of the army "Girls with Male Sonas" after a member suggested a club devoted specifically to the discussion of original characters.

There's been just a few updates to the rules on this thread. One is concerning questions, and the other is concerning Join Me/Livestream links. Please don't forget to review the rules in honor of the new thread. c; Most of our newer navigation and rules have been received well, and the 24 hour rule for advertisements seems to be running smoothly, too. For this reason, I've kept more of the things from our last thread. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Care to join us?
Code: Select all
username:
most recently obtained character:
favorite character that you own:
how many characters do you have [rough estimates are okay]:
do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?":
[size=5]sign me up[/size]

Please post your form here, and then PM it to Sanara to be added to the list.
Last edited by Wesley on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous - V. 14 - Already!?

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am

To keep peace and order, please refresh yourself on our rules. We've implemented three new rules (posted in red):

I. SPAMMING
1. Don't spam. Limited talk of DeviantArt, other artists, etc. is acceptable, but any sort of deep discussion about anything not directly related to characters is unacceptable and will be rebuked.
2. Elaborate on what you'd like to say. Complimenting other people's work is very nice, but one-word posts like "cool" or "sorry" are not long enough to be considered relevant.
3. Do not argue with mods (ie. myself, Solanum, Raven, etc.) when they correct your error. They're only trying to keep the thread clean of spam.
4. All deals being made to purchase characters should be discussed through PM.
5. No whining. State your problems on the Help and Support site or to my inbox in an adult manner.
6. Do not mini-mod. We have moderators for a reason.

II. REQUESTING ART
1. You may not post to ask for free art of any character, regardless of the uniqueness of their species or design.
2. If someone offers a free character or free art deal, PM them in order to discuss it privately.
3. Requesting art on the thread is no longer permitted, regardless of species. Please find someone open for commissions in the art shop board. You may continue to search for characters on the thread, however, as long as you provide a description of what sort of character you're looking for. Please only request art on the official art request thread here.

III. IMAGES
1. You must credit artists when you show off art or designs, unless the artist wishes otherwise. A simple link to a deviantArt/CS profile page, a name, or a shop link will do. It's not too hard to type out a username, so please do not just put "credit on signature."
2. Building on the last rule, if you made the design or art yourself, please let us know so that we don't accuse you of not crediting someone else's hard work. If you do not know who made it, you must state so.
3. When quoting image heavy posts, don't re-post the entire post. Please remove images that you are not directly discussing and/or remove all images and give some other context. You will start to receive warnings on this as of now.
4. If your post includes any pictures so large that they exceed the width of the CS post layouts, please post the image as a link instead.
5. When posting more than 15 images in one post, please post them as links.

IIII. ADVERTISEMENTS
1. You may post your ad, question, etc. only 2 times per twenty four hours. How you choose to use this is up to you. If you wish to re-post it on the very next page, that is fine, but you may ONLY post it TWICE within 24 hours. However, please do not quote just to show off a character again.
2. No contest ads/posts where that is the only thing in the post. Please have some point of relevance when posting an ad. Like a casual slip in rather than an actual post. Like 'Oh by the way guys, if any of you would like to enter my contest, here is a link.' Same with requested crit of forms, as that is really to be sorted at the thread of adoption/through PM.
3. You may advertise art shops, commissions, character design sales, etc. Please be sure, though, to follow the 24 hour re-posting rule.

V. APPLICATION-BASED COMPETITIONS
1. As long as there is a point of relevance in the post, you may request critique of your application/form for a character (ie. at the Symphony Character Adoption Agency, applying for a Kiamara or Jellybean Dragon, etc.)
2. You may not request art of a character that you are applying for outside of the CAAA. The CAAA is an unfair advantage over competitors for the same user-made species without the CAAA's benefits, and several of our members may try for the same character, which will leave everything in a frenzy.

VI. QUESTIONS!
1. Feel free to ask questions by any means! This isn't spam. Ask why people like their favorite character; if they look for anything specific in a character, or anything else you want to know. It makes the thread more interesting!
2. Please limit "What is your favorite character that I own?" and "Do I own any of your dream characters?" questions. Please be mindful of this and only ask this question once per thread, per person. If you notice that a lot of people have posted the question in a row, please save yours for later.

VII. WARNING SYSTEM
1. We will be re-introducing our warning system and tracking it in a much more proper way now. The mods will begin better communication with each other on this topic, and the warnings that we hand out will be tracked privately. If you are consistently breaking a rule and receive 3 warnings, you will be asked to suspend yourself from posting on our thread for a week time period. If the problem is consistent, you'll be removed from our member's list and asked to leave.

VIII. SHARING YOUR SCREEN
1. Join Me's and Livestreams should only really be streamed if it applies to our thread: art of your characters, commissions for our members, or requests for our members.
2. Only two Join Me's may be posted per page (if two others are streaming on one page, please wait until the next page to invite members to yours. Otherwise, we have lots of streams going on at once, and it becomes a popularity contest.
Last edited by Wesley on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:46 am

These people are at liberty to give you warnings or accept you into the club;
→ Founder;
wesleydog
wesleydog is the all-around manager of the club. Unfortunately, throughout the school-year, there will be many times when she is unable to consistently get online. However, the great team of people below will be able to run the place well when she's not here! In addition to managing the help site, when Wesley is around, she can answer all of your questions and welcomes feedback, both positive and negative.

→ Mods;
ImageImageImage
• Raven Feather -- • Solanum -- • Rabbitheart
Raven Feather is a very active mod on the CAAA thread. She is very good with art and sometimes offers free specials. You can see her interactive free art post a few posts down from here, in fact! Raven's specific job is dealing with art theft and rebuking spam. This means that she is mainly around to enforce our rules, but she also enjoys interacting with everyone. She's also our main contributor to the group on deviantArt!

Solanum is another one of our more active mods. In fact, she is the CAAA's head mod. She is here as frequently as she can be, and is good with problem solving. Generally, her job is to enforce the rules. She's also here to answer any questions that you may have through PM.

Rabbitheart is one of our more fun-loving mods! She likes to share information about characters, and she also loves to asks you guys questions about your own! She specializes at the CAAA in moderating our roleplay site and posting questions when the thread dies down a bit.

ImageImageImage
• AntelopeShortbread -- • weegeestar5 ---- • lunamoth19
AntelopeShortbread is very assertive in getting her needs met, and knows the rules by heart. Her job is to enforce the rules of the club and to answer questions you have, while keeping the thread running smoothly.

weegeestar5 is currently the newest mod of the CAAA! Yes, she may joke about and help you guys relieve some stress and tension but don't let that fool you! She's pretty serious about being a mod and is always vigilant.

lunamoth19 is an excellent contributor to the thread and has given us a lot of the new ideas that you see featured here now. She often answers your questions, and she always is sure to comment on some people's art and designs when posting! She's a newer mod, after having traded places with Sanara. She's experienced and sweet... don't be afraid to approach her!

→ General Helpers;
ImageImage
• Sadbloom ---------- • winter.fireflii (Winter)
Sadbloom is the wonderful member that created the idea of thread-based General Helpers! "I'm more than willing to help in any way I can; whether that be posting and answering questions, providing feedback and name suggestions or other critiques, or coming up with ideas for activities and contests that can be later implemented within the thread."

Winter is one of Chicken Smoothie's ex-General Helpers (was on the team with Wes!) and is very experienced and qualified for the job! "I just enjoy being a help or offering friendliness to anyone that would like some of those kind of things. I have no trouble starting a conversation with anyone nor do I mind answering any questions that I can whenever I can. ^^. I am a very active artist in the community as well and can be a help coming to price things in points, cash, pets etc. I can also offer redlines, design critiques or any kind of art support."

Image///Image///Image
• Sanara --- • BlueKibby -- • Bovidae
Sanara is great with organization and strategy! Her main job here at the CAAA is to record, post, and update the members list. If you have any issues with your username on the member's list, please contact Sanara for help. She's friendly and always willing to help you guys out, and she's a huge part of our event-organization team!

BlueKibby is a very active member, and she specializes in arts of all sorts. c: "I'm pretty friendly, and I'd love to help
and talk to other people. c:"

Bovidae is our newest/least experienced General Helper, but is more than willing to answer questions just like the rest of our team! "I'm extremely passionate about character design and development and this thread is what I've needed to freak out about characters haha (I would have joined earlier if I was aware of its existence) I try to give as much feedback as possible on characters and help out with names and whatever too"

As a Moderator at the CAAA, one must:
• Accept members with forms that haven't already been accepted.
• Enforce the general rules (ie. keep the peace in the thread - no fights, point out spam, etc.)
• Give warnings out to rule breakers that are constantly appearing and reappearing.
• Post on the thread frequently and be active on it.
• A certain field of expertise in which someone may contact them with questions or concern.
• Abide by all club rules.

As a General Helper at the CAAA, one must:
• Post questions and other things to get the thread moving when things are going a little slow. They'll be assisted by a few of our mods in doing this as well.
• Keep a friendly and over-all positive attitude at all times.
• Warn the club when they've found art theft.
• Answer minor questions that they've been PM'd or asked on the thread (please answer these through PM) in order to give our members a better understanding of our rules, policies, and goals. Major questions should be directed towards wesleydog.
• Specialize in helping members name their characters, choose genders for them, etc. Just perform little nice deeds that others could deem as helpful.
• Comment and encourage others' commenting on people's artwork, purchased art, and character designs.
Last edited by Wesley on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanara » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:02 am

If you are a member, and not on the list, please send me a PM.
The same goes for if you have changed your username.
This is crucial to keep an up-to-date members list.
Thank you.

Memberlist
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last updated :: January 14, 2014
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A

Abuse's Song
Aeolus
Africa.
aibo7m3
air.
air mail;
A.K.A Raptor
albinoBroccoli
~AlphaWolf~
Am I Broken?
AmberSky.
Amethyst
amylovescallie
#anchorsgoahot
andy.sixx
angel kisses.
Angelus
Aniki
annalia ;;
AntelopeShortbread
Aqualeaf
Arachnid
Ardra
~Asaki
Ash;
Attribute
Austria*~
Autumn Frost.
Autumn's Minion
Auyn
Advendir
Aysan1

B

Baby Bear<3
Bad Moonlight
backseatpanda
Bane.
BarelyBreathing
Batman
bear
Beast Girl
Beautiful Sky
Becca~ash
Bella's corgi love
Belldandy
berd
beta.
beyond birthday.
Bink's Sake
*Blackberry*
Blackhusky
B L A Z E
BlazzikanGum
bliss,
Blondie.
♥Blood Corruption♥
BlueEyedKite
Blueh
BlueKibby
*BLue_River*
Blue Ruby
Bonus
boots
BoxLlama
♥Brave
Bronn
Bovidae
.Boxxes.
Brenton
Briar Rose
BrightHeaven
Bunny Love

C

CafeCulture
Calix
Candy floss
Caracal
carpe diem
carrie911
CeruleanRush
CeselSpeaker
Ciel
C i n c i n n a t i
cinnamon~toastie
Citric
Chascidy
ChaseTheMorning
chasemonster
Charchar2
Cheesus
chescab
Chibi
Chipchap
Chim
Chinooks
Chocolatestripe
Choice
chynni
clannad.
Clu
Coexist
Colorful
Commander Shepard.
Cookie_Lover
corgie
Corrupted Italian
crescent + cheep
Crimsoned
Crimsn_Wolf
CrookedPhoenix
Crysalis
.cupcakefox.(bold)
cyrbear

D

4dogowner
dalmatian. 
Daniel
DaringAsh
Dart
Darth Cookie
~ dawn ~
~DawnSpirit~
Day~Dream
Deadman's Charade
Dead Ryan
death clock
deers&&
Delta-F190
demzee
deredere
Determination
Dia.
Diamondshine101
Direfable
Dirk Strider
Ditzy Derp
DoctorDraca
doctor who;
doetails
DominateOne
doodles;
doomish
Door
Dova
dragongoddest
DrinaLestrange
Duh

E

. Eagle .
eggnog.
ElementStar
Elemia
Elliris
EveAngel
Everett.
evergreen.
Exo

F

Faded Denim
Faith.
FeatherSmoothie.
Ferncat
Firedancer77
Firefly.
Flawed
Fluffy McDerp
Folly + Zmija
foreign.potato
FoxerOwl
Foxtrot55
Fruit Shanks
fullmetal ;
Funsized Kitkat
.Flyer.
Flynn.

G

Gà.
gailagj
give me your paw
Glass
Glitch-
goldrose195
Gravity Falls
GreatAndTerrible
Grisly Bear
greenwolf1998
Guepardo.
Gwen Trix

H

hamstersrule9912399
happy-stabby
Harli rey
harukas
Hasuki
~*Hedwig*~
HM02
HollowedAngel
Holmes.
Honorablechickensoup
HookFang
Hoshikuzu
HP Fan
Huskiix
huskybaer
hysteria ♥

I

iceeon
*icetea*
i c e mistress;;
Ico
Icseal
iianto
Ikaaaaaaaaa
Indigo.
.inspiration.
intergalactic train
invisiBeelity
iRabid Coffee
Ittam
Ivalynfyre

J

Jelli
Jellykiwi
Jenjo
jensenaackles
JerseyDusk
Jet FNP Wind
Jetti
jiloon

K

Kaiju~
kalise*:・゚✧
Kankri Vantas
karkat.the.owl
Kazoo
keely5436
Kellin Quinn
kelly.
Kessler
.Kestral
Ketill
.Keyo.
Keys to the Sky
khaleesi.
[[-KillerChicken-]]
ki-neko animura
King of Grunge
.King.Boo..
KinoAsagi
Kirei
KissingMare2
kitten
❤kitty ; ;
KittyCatKita
Kitty-Wolf-Chan
Koichi Sakakibara
Kyle
-Kyoya Senpai-

L

L Lawliet
Lacrirosa
Lady Masquerade
Lady Who
Lana.
Larkspur
Leafstrom515
lemondropkitten
lightingstrike3
Linae
Lioness626
Lirrie
Liru Kaulitz
little.
Littlytiny
loaf
Loka
L O K I
Lolli ∞ Kitten
lolsaya
lovenature100
lucifer ,
Lucky Cerise
lululizzy23
Luminescent
lunamoth19
Luna-puppy
~LunarWolf~
Lya
Lyonface

Maddyoll
mai-mai-mari
mango sherbet
Manx
marine
-Mario-
marouk.
Marshmelon
Master Shortpants
Mc Shizzle
meku
Micki.
midnight133
Mihochi
mint.
Mintee
minty.
mintyMocha
Miranda.
miss diesel
Miss Who
.Missy.
MochaTheLlama
Mo-mo<3
~Moonheart~
Moonskye
Morcathius
Mordacious
Morning Dew!
Movia ._.
Mozerella.

N

Nadine
Naira
NARANDA
NaturalHarmony
Neelix
Neko {ON HIATUS;}
Neko-the-Gunslinger
newsie
|| night heron ||
NightGaze
Nightmaregirl
Nik-Nak
Ninja Ichigo
nitnat2000
NizoLuv

O

Oddly Shaded
Onouk.
otter.
Owl;
owwl
oxxers

P

pandacupcake
Parousia;
Patch.
Peachpie1164
pedunkle
Pen.
perros1234
perspicacious
PFDC
Phenomenon
phoebe.
Pieinator
Pierce.
Pine.
ping.
Pirate;
Pirit
~Pit~
Pocketmouse
ponder;
Pooka.
postcard
Piratepanda
PrincessSeddie
Puppyphones
Puggles
Purr

Q

Queen Blue
qwertypi303

R

rabbbit
RainbowFinch
Rainkissed
Raindrop
RaisinCookie
Rambles of The Heart
Raven Feather
RavenclawHobbit
Ravetta
♥ Raven Wings ♥
~RayRay~
~Red Panda~
redpandafreak
redninetails
regals
Resonance_Alpha
RestInPeace
Rex The Mutt
Reznov
Riakou
Ricecatkyo
Rick-soo
Rithyrm Dragon
Road
rocketmaids
Roleplay-Hearted
Rosetta Parker
Rosiebell
rothbart.
RunningBlaze
Rukkun

S

SabjeBammie
Sabu
Sadbloom
Sainler
Sakura wish
Sakutaro Morishige
Saltharion
Sammydarkside
Samuel Winchester
Sanara
Sanity
Sathalina
Scissors
.sea
Sebeon
.Seijuu::.
Sentoki
~Shadow
ShadowHunter
Shadow.Blu
Shadowdannie
ShadeyFireRaven 
She-Hound
Shenan_the_cat
Sheori
shibakisses
shion kaito.
Shining Armor
Shutter Shades
Silent Night
Silk Splash
SilverBlade950
Silverwolf113
silverwolf26282
Siren~
SJINGLE BELLS
Skei and Dragon
skittles.
Skittlesky12
Skookum
Slater<3'sCyberGoth
S m i l e.
smileygirl99
SnowStar
Solanum
SolarDaemon
Solloby
Somber Cheza
Song <3
spaghetto .
Sphie
spiderclaw
Spiffeh.Duck.
Spike20096
Spoonfull
Squid!
Staz
Star fox
Star Horse
Starfalling
Stark.
star note.
Steffi.Labbeagle
Stripey
.:submarines:.
Sudden☣Mortality
sugarkitty.
Summer <3
Supernuk
S y k e s

T

Tabbiecat
Taiyo
Takanou
♥talon
TammyTomlinson
Tano
Tawk
tea.
Tea.cup.
tea time at six
TenMomentsTill
tennisbutt
Terrier
Thassir
Tʜɪᴇғ
The Amethyst Pirate
the bad wolf
the d
the dreamer.
TheGodessOfMischief
the king of hell
The Mrs. Mad Hatter
TheNightsIllusion
The Proud Lion
The Rookie
The Wheatley Core
the windy thing
The Wolfe
TheLolitaMero
ThunderStarStorm
Tif + Jo
Tiger's Curse
Tiger111
Tinyfire
titanic_freedom
toffee;
Toki&Bel
Tomska
t o o t h l e s s ;
topaz,
Tori!(:
Toxic Wolf
Traffic
Tramone
Tray
Trice.
Tripp
TrippShep
TurboCatZ
TwilightStallion
Twisted_Swallow
twistyy
Twitch3306

U

UkuleleFox
UndeadLaughter
Unity J. Wesker

V

vampire.
Vellamore
venus
Vineta
Vinetasnow
Vinston
Vintage.
Violenca
vividAnatomy
Voodoo dynamics

W

Wafflie.Whale
|ø~W∂†er W∂lker~ø|
weegeestar5
wesleydog
WhisperingDeath
White.Lime
Wintry Creek
Wild-x-Beauty
winter.
[winter]
Winter Scarlet
Wolfeh Hayes
.:Wolfsong:.
W O L F Y
ƜσℓʌɛƨǤσЯαωя
Wub

X

XandraT8
Ⓧlivia
xXFoxfaceToastXx
xNikkiex

Y

Yuri ރ

Z

zaadifyable
zetsubou
Zoe-Underland
ZombiiCandy
Zephayer

Thank you to InvisiBeelity for helping me with the coding in making it look nice!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by Sanara on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:04 am

MASCOT

Callia "CAAA" Adopp is our new CAAA mascot! Congrats to diesel, and thank you so much for the gorgeous design.
This is how it'll work... Callia will go on our front page as well as our dA page. You may create banners, stamps, anything you'd like with Callia's image, you may create fanart, etc. and I will put it on the front page. As long as diesel's okay with it, you MAY put Callia in your signature or on your character website. You must mention that the design was created by diesel, as is the information, and must mention that she is owned by the CAAA in general as a group, not simply by you as an individual. Unfortunately, you also may not further develop her personality/history or design/name, as it will lead to many people with the same physical character but a different character personality-wise. Here is her personality as written by diesel;
Your name is Callia Adopp.
Your friends affectionately refer to you as CAAA, which you think possibly has something to do with your addiction to adopting characters. You're not sure, you should ask them some time.
Speaking of characters, you love them. You probably have over infinity, which is a legit thing you can have.
You've done crazy things for characters before, like paying $200 for one. No regrets.
But the rest of the time, you just seem to have this endless hoard of CS Pets, deviantART points and money at your disposal, you honestly have no idea where it comes from. You'd be worried, but hey, that means more characters!
You aren't sure what you are. All you can call yourself is Callia, what else could you be?
You have a lot of great friends, that often like to gift you characters you didn't know you wanted. You are very thankful for them.
You have conflicting opinions a lot of the time. Like whether to use Charahub or Weebly, whether you like natural or unnatural characters, or whether to name your new baby Courtney or Whitney. You just can never decide.
You love to rp with your friends, especially the rps that involve your precious babies and your friend's precious babies. Wow so many precious babies everywhere.
You would carry on, but you have characters to buy. Callia Adopp's life is indeed busy.

Design notes to keep in mind when drawing her, etc.;
>>notes<<
- doesn't possess pupils!! callia's eyes are completely white.
- callia is not a dog or a cat or a hyena i mean i dont even know what she is
- callia's tail possesses magical properties that help her seek out new characters for sale. that's how she's the first on all the adopts. all of them.
- the $200 thing is a reference to one of our members you know who you are

FANART:
By Gecko Toes

By A i:

By Raven Feather:

By Apple:

By Mekko-chan (dA):

By Cerestes:

By Crimsn_Wolf:

(If you have more art, please PM it to me!)
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -PLEASE DELETE- » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 am

Raven's Contest corner!

I will be post contests and such here! I will try to do them frequently! If you have any ideas on what to do PM me!!
Last edited by -PLEASE DELETE- on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MODS PLEASE DELETE!!!
-PLEASE DELETE-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am

Wesley's corner for announcements, competitions, etc.
I have a few announcements for all of you, so listen up!

Announcement One: Concerning requesting art
The previously existing rule concerning asking for art on the thread was this:
3. You may request art on the thread of unique species, humanoids, and incredibly complex designs if you mention payment of larger-than-normal quantities. You may not request art of canines, felines, equines, or generic humans.

However, this has been causing problems recently, so we'll be instilling a new rule. It is as follows:
Requesting art on the thread is no longer permitted, regardless of species. Please find someone open for commissions in the art shop board. You may continue to search for characters on the thread, however, as long as you provide a description of what sort of character you're looking for.

Announcement Two: Secret Cupid!
We are hosting a secret cupid here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2127164&p=65880035#p65880035
Please read up on the information and feel free to join! If you have not yet sent your Secret Santa gift to your person, however, you will not be permitted to join. c:

Announcement Three: Concerning Quoting
The current rule standing for reposting is this:
You may now post your ad, question, etc. only 2 times per twenty four hours. How you choose to use this is up to you. If you wish to re-post it on the very next page, that is fine, but you may ONLY post it TWICE within 24 hours.

Please remember, you may repost if you're looking for something, advertising something, or needing a name for character. However, please do not quote just to show off a character again.
Last edited by Wesley on Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanara » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:43 am

This post holds all the links associated with the CAAA.
If you need a link added, please pm me with the Link, and what it is for. "Associations" will not be included
~~~
CAAA Partner Links
Group Deviantart || Roleplay Website || Suggestion forms || Commision request thread || Character Mall

SCAA Partner Links
Symphony Character Adoption Agency || New Homes Project || Success Stories || SCAA Fan Club

Event threads, and CAAA exclusives
Secret Cupid || The CAAA War
Last edited by Sanara on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 am

About Pix -
As the Head Mod and my personal assistant on many previous threads (definitely one of the main factors this place has been running with few bumps in the road), Solanum created this FAQ section to help you guys out, and to keep you from getting into tussles with the mods. Having made up quite a few of the rules herself, and of course enforcing them, she knows a great deal about them.

If you have any questions, PM me, and if it's common enough, I may put it up here.
If you're looking to see if a question has been answered, try using CTRL+F and the subject of the question to see if it is here already, if not then do ask me.

Special thank you to Solanum for all of her help. c:

Do not quote this post.

How do I join CAAA?

To join, you have to fill out the form in the first post and post it on the thread. A mod will come and accept it for you, then you may post. You will also have to PM your form to Sanara, the mod in charge of the members list, to put your name up there.

What if I'm not accepted?

If the mods have missed you, it is best to PM your form to one of them, and they will then accept you on the thread. We try not to miss people, but this thread moves fast, so it will sometimes happen.

What can I do here?

Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous is a club about characters for those who like characters. Here you can show off your characters and sell designs you've made, or bought off of others (as long as it complies with previous owners' rules). You can show off new art, offer your art services if you're bored, hold Join.Mes and livestreams as well as asking and answering character questions on the thread.

How do I know what is considered spam?

Spam is anything not directly linked to the theme of the thread, which would be characters. Art related questions, your daily life and such are not welcome here. One word posts are also considered spam. If you're not sure if something is considered spam, see if any of the active mods are online, and ask them via PM ^^

Why am I not allowed to ask for art of [-snip-]?

We have allowed our members to ask for art of their characters here in the past, but it clutters the thread a great deal, so we banned it. If it is a particularly difficult species to get art of, or a very complicated design, then you may be allowed to ask. However you will need to clear it with a mod first.

Why can I not repost for seven pages?

CAAA is not a place purely to advertise, and if we didn't have rules set in place the thread would get very cluttered. We would have pages and pages of simply reposted posts, so this is why we don't allow it. Why seven pages? Not sure, but the thread moves quickly, so it isn't long to wait usually.

Why do I have to credit when I post images?

For starters, it's only polite to credit the artist and designer when you get a new character, or piece of art. It also allows other people, should they like the style, to search out this artist and maybe place an order at an artshop themselves.

What if all I want to do is get art of my characters?

There are other places for that. If this is the only thing you want to do, then you are better off elsewhere. You may not ask for art here, however you may show off any art you get from other threads.

Why do I have to include a payment when I ask for characters?

Asking for free characters could be considered begging, which is not allowed. Therefore you must show that you are willing to pay for characters. It's often helpful to say what you have to pay with as well.

What do I do if my design has been stolen?

If on DeviantArt, report the profile and calmly let others know that the design is stolen so they do not buy. If on chickensmoothie, contact a mod (or a General helper, who will refer it to a mod).

Can I join if I only have a few characters?

Of course you may ^^ This club is open to anyone who enjoys characters, regardless of number.

Can I join if I don't adopt my characters, but make them instead?

Of course c: As stated above, we'll take in anyone who enjoys characters.

What are people talking about when they mean "High-Quality" (HQ)?

This is very opinion based, as no one is really sure quite what a HQ character would be. It is generally a good looking design (not a 5 minute rush job) with quality art to match, or a custom ref sheet. But as stated before, it's very opinion based so don't take it too seriously.

A mod just gave me a warning! What does that mean?

This means you have broken the thread rules on several occasions. They will tell you what you have done, so you can try not to do it again. You get a few chances, but after that you may be banned. So be careful.

Why can't I ask for competition art?

CAAA is an unfair advantage to those in the competition that are not members. As well as many of the species being very easy to find art of to begin with. If you really are struggling, then you could ask one of the active mods, and we'll see. But it's usually a no.

Can I show off my competition art?

At the moment, yes you may show it off, as long as you don't try and hint that you're looking for art of that character. That will get you told off by a mod.
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:13 am

Reserved
No "new thread smell", "we're growing so quickly", etc. comments on the thread please. It's irrelevant to the topic of characters. Thank you!
;3
Wesley

Image Image Image Image

Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me