The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread - Please use this one!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread - Please use this one!

Postby Hekomi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 am

Welcome to the "Is this a fair trade?" Thread
Want to know more about rarities? Check out the Understanding Rarities Guide or "The" Rares List.

*This thread will be remade at approx. 900 pages.

by Maus c:

Unsure if a trade is fair? Auctioning a pet and want to know which offer is best? Ask here.

If you want to know what your pet is worth, please ask here.*

Rules

• Please do not double post your trade on the same page or quote more than twice
  • Feel free to 'bump' your trade to the next page, once a new page has been made
  • When sharing a trade either include pictures, a detailed message or 'share the trade' [information on this below]
  • Do not post if you don't know your rarities*
  • No posting saying "Bookmarking/New thread!/etc" it's spam and is unnecessary. Use your bookmarks function.
  • Do not answer your own trades (that kind of defeats the purpose =P)
  • Do not take all answers to be fact (see below to the first quote)
  • These rules apply to everyone, regardless of who you are

Any advice posted on this thread is the opinion of the member, whether they be a member, staff, general helper, etc. Their position should not be taken into consideration when looking at their advice. Staff only post their opinions, not site facts.

If you are continually posting bad advice to trades and are not heeding the advice of experienced members to learn your rarities before posting, I will begin to report your posts.

If someone is spamming the thread, please do not hesitate to click the report button. We want to keep this thread as spam-free as possible.

Vampiric wrote:The replies on this thread are subject to everyone's personal opinions, and not all replies may be accurate to the true values you are looking for. You are responsible for your own trades hereafter

by Mausoleum

Evelover wrote:Before posting your trade, please make sure you are using the correct URL. It makes this thread more organized, less busy, and simpler if you post the correct URL.
    If you don’t know how to get the correct URL, here’s how you get it:

1) Go to the trade you wish to post, and view it.
    2) Look for where it says Viewing a trade offer which you received/sent and find the words that look like this: [share trade]. Click on that.
    3) A page with a short paragraph and white box with a URL should show up.
    4) Copy the URL from the white box and paste it into your post.
    5) Highlight the URL and click the underlined URL button on the dock above your writing space

kandria wrote:Face value isn't always the case, the UR cats's even the OMG are still rated lower then a VR (Dogtag) so a rating of OMG doesn't automatically make it the "most valued"

Just like a '10 VR isn't Equal to an '08 VR.

I'm just stating not ALL rarity are created equal, please keep that in mind when giving advice.

Hekomi & Jeweled wrote:If you are unsure of rarities, don't post. It's taken me months to get where I am. Rarities are not a simple math equation. It doesn't work like that. This thread has been getting more and more people who don't know about rarities posting in it like they do. Have enough respect for the people posting to not post and lead them astray if you DO NOT KNOW. If others who are knowledgeable in rarities have told you you need to learn them better, do that. It is not fair to give other people bad advice just because you think you know. It creates an even tougher job for the people who do know their rarities because they are constantly backtracking and fixing mistakes.

People are basing important trading decisions on your advice. People have been ripped off and led astray by others giving bad advice. It's giving people who do know their rarities more work because we have to back track and fix mistakes. Very rares do not equal two rares. Rarities don't work like that.

Please note that this is not directed at any particular person but a collective group of people who are posting bad advice. More and more people are getting ripped off and it's not fair.

*Originally written by Devilish. Rest written by Hekomi unless otherwise stated. Images were made by Mausoleum for Hekomi and are not allowed to be used otherwise without permission.
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The "Is This a Fair Trade?" Thread - Please use this one

Postby DaDwarf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:41 am

Do you have a challenging question that you can't get any definite answers on? Do you need help on figuring out what you need to add to a trade? If the Fair Trade Thread can't help you, feel free to PM one of these people to receive further help. These users have been trading for a long time and know their rarities, and they'll be happy to assist you.

Please do not ask to be on this list, we will notice when you know your rarities and you will be invited

Hekomi - Profile (At this time, PLEASE DO NOT PM HEKOMI, SHE'S HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS AND PROBABLY WONT BE ABLE TO REPLY!)
    DaDwarf - Profile (put "FTT" as your subject)
    Pideaux - Profile
    Fat Unicorn - Profile
    LunarFaith - Profile
    ~ t r o u b l e ~ - Profile

Please read this notice!

Please read

Demand is included when trading. You CANNOT trade without demand, it's impossible. It's part of our economy. Apparently some members have been saying that the Fair Trade Thread doesn't include demand and that is not acceptable!

The FTT helps you determine if a trade is worth taking. When giving advice, please give all the advice you have. Don't just post 'fair'/ 'unfair'. Post a whole sentence! 'No, taht's unfair to you BECAUSE ...' or 'Yes, that's fair but it might be hard to trade...' and so on and so on.

DaDwarf wrote:This thread is about giving solid advice to people. Advice them on what would be good for their pets. what would be fair. Demand plays a huge role in that. Would you trade a BA for a dark leopard? probably not - you could get better. You know you could get better. Someone who doesn't know the demand, doesn't know they can get better comes here and gets the advice that a dark leo is fair without someone explaining that they can possible get more? They'll cut themselves in their fingers by accepting a trade that is 'fair' but not all they could've gotten.

Always give ALL advice.. Yes it's fair because - No it's unfair because. Or even - Without demand it would be fair, but you can get better - With demand it's probably fair but without it really unfair to them!

Either give all advice or nothing. That's what this thread is for, to help someone decide if a trade is fair to them, if it helps them.

Demand is a tricky thing and when you are on here helping people please help them correctly and inform them about the demand of some pets. Especially when dealing with rareslist and overpay trades, let them know if they might be able to get better or if they better take a deal asap!!
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild.One » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:44 am

*sniffs new thread*
Ah, new thread smell!

BMD bunny + peppermint ear dog = green liontail?
Thanks for any help!
call me wild c:
Wild.One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alchemist. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨

Hi!

🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨
alchemist.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:49 am

kittywolfwarrior wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=30148674&userid=376929&signature=4iPMrWx7qyrH39n2bkKQnA

Fair?

I don't think it will be more than uncommon, but it's hard to tell. Overpay tho for the butterwolf
Quitting CS, looking to sell Lists and Store pets for art
Takk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alchemist. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:49 am

kittywolfwarrior wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=30148674&userid=376929&signature=4iPMrWx7qyrH39n2bkKQnA

Fair?

For some reason everyone wants that bw. I've seen it go for much more but i'd hold on to it, although rarity wise, it'd be over pay,
🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨

Hi!

🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨🐻🐶🐷🐯🦄🦁🐨
alchemist.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:50 am

Hey I’m Medd!
      I’m always very, very busy and have little time on CS.
      I will be on infrequently to design adopts however.
      I do not collect or trade pets anymore but I am a member
      of some adopt communities so you might see me around ✨
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucifer morningstar » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am

Eat Me + Drink Me = Patchy Pink September, rarity wise?
If not, what should be added? Any help is appreciated. c:
lucifer morningstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:53 am

Soccer girl wrote:

Fair?

For some reason everyone wants that bw. I've seen it go for much more but i'd hold on to it, although rarity wise, it'd be over pay,

Agreed, the demand for it is loads ... I don't know why either.
Technically its fair, in fact overpay by the top.
Demand wise, it is not fair to the BW.
      Hey I’m Medd!
      I’m always very, very busy and have little time on CS.
      I will be on infrequently to design adopts however.
      I do not collect or trade pets anymore but I am a member
      of some adopt communities so you might see me around ✨
Medd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me