Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED) by Hiccup

Based on Click to view
Artist Hiccup [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
1083 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED)

Postby Hiccup » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am

CLOSED. Please don't PM me about this.

A Jellybean Dragon is a fluffy, friendly dragon that hatches from a jellybean-like egg. Their diet consists of fruits and insects, but they also love sweets and desserts. Their fur is soft and long, usually brightly colored, neat, and shiny. Jellybean Dragons are mostly gentle and happy, and love attention. Most are Great Dane-sized when they are fully grown, but some of them can grow as big as a cow. All Jellybean Dragons have pouches on their bellies, which they use to carry around food or younger JBDs.

★JBD sizes (biggest to smallest):
      adult: great dane sized-cow sized
      teen: shiba inu sized- german shepherd sized
      child: cat sized- bulldog sized
      baby/egg: rabbit sized
    ★ JBDs hatch from a jellybean-shaped egg, which gives them their name. The egg shell's color matches the fur color of the baby it keeps inside. A baby JBD is born with no markings, though a week after it hatches, it will start changing fur, and its markings will appear
    ★ Dark-colored JBDs are rare, and most of the time, they have a less social and cheerful personality than bright-colored JBDs.
    ★ Plain-colored JBDs are the rarest kind of JBDs. Unlike the rest of JBDs, their markings don't appear when they change fur, so they have a single fur color.
    ★ A few adult JBDs have Young Forever Syndrome (YFS). This means that the JBD will not develop horns and/or it won't reach adult size.
    ★ When a JBD reaches adulthood, its horns start developing.
    ★ JBDs rarely use their fire, unless it is for cooking something or making a fireplace to keep themselves warm. They never use fire to harm anything or anyone.
    ★ A JBD's tail is as long as its body. In rare cases, it might be shorter.

★ Respect artists/mods/other users
    ★ Don't bribe/etc
    ★ Don't steal
    ★ Do not complain if you don't win
    ★ If you do not wish to own your dragon PM the artist who designed it; it will then be put up for re-adoption. You may request for it to go to another person.
      IF RE-ADOPTING A DRAGON YOU CAN
      ★ Gift it to someone else provided you have:
        1. contacted a mod to ask permission to gift it.
        2. have specific reasons for gifting [ie. quitting, not enough time, etc.]
        If beans are gifted WITHOUT permission, you will earn a strike
      ★ Have the original artist hold a new competition for it, in which you can help judge
      ★ Do a mild revamp with mod/artist permission
      IF RE-ADOPTING A DRAGON YOU CANNOT
      ★ Give runners ups unless you are staff [mod/artist -> can only give 1 RU in a re-adopt contest]
      ★ Hold for longer than a month
    ★ Do not claim other's JBDs as your own
    ★ You may own four regular JBDs and one JBD from the nursery (aka a bred baby) for a total of five JBDs.
    ★ No spamming
    ★ Please ask questions, but if applicable PM them to the person they belong to
    ★ If you are not familiar with JBDs, please head to the JBD Center or JBD Adopts for more information about the species.
    ★ Do not revamp your JBD without permission from the artist
      RULES FOR REVAMPING
      ★ You may NOT go over Hiccup's original lines - if you want to revamp, use the official reference or make your own lines
      ★ You may NOT change the design
      ★ You may NOT change the type [floppy/curl/etc]
      IF made before YFS you may change this
      ★ You may have the design simplified WITH permission from the original artist, but it must maintain the integrity of the original design
      ★ You must own the dragon for more than two months
    ★ You may add items to your bean however
      ★ Beans, unless made with hair example, cannot have hair added without first gaining permission from the artist and then PMing a mod [small fringes/bangs are fine]
      ★ Beans drawn in anthro form may of course have hair and this is encouraged
      ★ Facial expressions can be modified to suit your bean's personality
      ★ And edits to lines besides the face [tail, ears, fur] MUST be cleared by the artist and a mod
      ★ And additions to the lines [which are not items, ie. a collar] MUST be cleared by the artist and a mod
    ★ Do not ask to be an artist or moderator
    ★ Please post links to JBD linearts in the JBD Center, not here.
    ★ Do NOT use the new lines to colour in, age or do anything else to dragons from the nursery or original adopts; doing so will earn you a strike
    ★ We don't offer customs to the general public
      RULES FOR AGING
      ★ You may not age a child directly to adult
      ★ Your bean must stay at each stage for two months minimum
      ★ You are not obligated to age your bean if you do not want to BUT nursery bean twins MUST age together
      ★ A nursery bean will take 4 months to reach their adult stage, but should not be a fully adult [ie. no mate/etc.] for another 2 months, so growing should take 6 months total
      ★ Nursery beans still may not mate to produce babies at this current time
      ★ Nursery bean babies must discuss their aging with the parents of said bean in order to make things line up properly
      ★ Parents do not need to age perfectly alongside their children, but it is preferred
      ★ We request that the original artist of the baby bean age said bean to the next stage; if they are no longer an artist please PM a mod
    ★ If you are banned from our adoptables we reserve the right to re-adopt your beans

Simply click the Jellybean Dragon that you'd like to adopt.
    The requirements to adopt each Jellybean Dragon will be stated by its respective artist.
    Please follow the rules for that dragon as well as the overall species rules.

shibuki
    Cry
    foreign.potato
    Berkshire
    SplashofOrangeJuice
    The Pumpkin Master
    Hiccup

Mordiarty
    BoxLlama
    loveTHATwolf
    Lady Masquerade
    Mute
    HiveFleetBazha

Code: Select all
[http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1598832][img]http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj372/monlight_girl/JBD.png[/img][/url]

by Moonlight_girl <3

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1598832][img]http://i.imgur.com/9CN7w.png[/img][/url]

by Peace&Colby <3

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1598832][img]http://i.imgur.com/q5Tw2P6.png[/img][/url]

by Peace&Colby <3

Check out our affiliates!

Note to artists:
You may hold 2 contests for different JBDs simultaneously. Remember that a JBD's fur can be up to 4 different colors, and they always have at least two stripes on their tail. Dark colored JBDs and plain colored JBDs are rare c: If the JBD you created is a YFS, make sure to say so somewhere. You may create up to 2 custom JBDs for yourself.
Don't make sparkle-beans! It's ok that they are colorful, but please choose colors that don't burn people's eyes.

Note to all JBD Staff:
You may create up to 2 custom JBDs for yourself, and own up to 5 JBDs.

Note to Non-Owners
If you have been having trouble adopting your first JBD, some lovely members of the JBD community have created A Guide to making a Successful Form to help you.

Thanks to all for your help and support <3
Last edited by Hiccup on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:22 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Hiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Strikes and Bans

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 am

[url]text[/url]

Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2

Postby Hiccup » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 am

thanks Hekomi! <3
posting is now open (:
Hiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hiccup » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 am

thansk, I'm glad you like the new lines! <3

StarfaceTheGreat wrote:Just wondering, will others be able to use the new lines if their old JBD(s) were made in the old lines?

I don't think so, sorry.
Hiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitz. » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 am

I am so excited!
Goodness these new lines are sexy. ;w; <333
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[he/him]
Not active anymore. Just like editing my sig once a year lol
Sorry if you've been trying to contact me.
My Partner <3

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
Blitz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 am

Hiccup do you think you can add artists? XD
Also, PolarAzulTigris and Hekomi are the new JBD mods I asked you about, they hadn't been added to the mod list on the front page yet. Unless Komi edited it, I didn't check. <3 it's been edited

Also guys..please try NOT to spam up the new thread.
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hiccup » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 am

thanks, I'm glad you like the new lines. Please no more posts about this, I believe there are enough now xD if you want to express your thought about the lines, please post on the "preview"

Winkatuck wrote:Yes, time to stalk for new beans C: you did a wonderful job on these lines Hic! I can't wait to see the new designs that come up.

Also, are you going to redo the two KH jbds in these lines for adoption? And are you raising the limit for how many jbds that can be up for adoption at once? These guys go so fast Cx

thanks!

nope, I'll keep them in their own lines, and hold the competition on their own thread.
mmm I don't think so.
Hiccup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mordacious » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 am

The next people to post will be BANNED from adopting the first JBD of these lines. Zale, Kiley AND Hiccup have asked you to STOP posting on here! There is a button to bookmark it below.
basically quit lol

peace
mordacious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boxcarr » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:45 am

[Really excited about the new lines. <3]

I have a question regarding the revamps. I was just reading over the rules, and I found two that kind of interested me. The re-adopting rules say that a mild re-vamp is allowed with permission from the artist. There's also lots of rules below that on what you can and can't do if you're re-vamping a bean. I got wondering [since it doesn't say clearly anywhere on there] do all of the re-vamp rules still apply to the re-adopts? I'm guessing they do, but I'm just wanting to clear that up. ^^
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[ she/they | adult | tall cryptid ]

[ dA | zookeeper | canadian ]
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
boxcarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~FlameFox~ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:59 am

Regarding JBD art: could I hold a contest for art of a JBD I'm trying for? I'm not sure because the design does belong to the artist.
blueberry cheesecake
mood;; flustered
doing;; time zone acclimatizing
thoughts;; "i feel like i've hibernated."
||
gwynn
mood;; forever happy
doing;; candymaking
thoughts;; "i'm so stoked!"
meet the gang! gwynn and blueberry are my two little troublemaking jellybean dragons. want to rp with them? shoot me a pm. i promise i won't bite! blueberry might though. silly blueberry. (if he bites you, gwynn promises to hand over some candy from her secret stash. it's a win-win situation!)
bored? pm me. i get bored, too. call me flamey! or whatever <3
busy with high school. sorry! i will continue to draw offline so my characters don't go to waste, though.
~FlameFox~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me