Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

If you only want to roleplay with one other person, or only with certain people, then you can do so here (any genre).
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite Only)

Postby LostGosling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm

~[{WE ARE NOW OPERATIONAL}]~

Must recieve an invite to join. o3o

Okay, before you go any further, I'm going to make a few statements. c:

This is a lot like a 1x1 RP, which means: It's very hard for others to join, if at all, without me asking them to.
I'm not trying to be mean, or hurt anybody's feelings, but I and a few others were really into the plot of the first Rp.
As others got their first equids and began to join it, the plot was unintentionally lost in all the excitment. I let a few others join this one, who weren't part of the first plot, to up our numbers and make the Rp more interesting, but other than that, it's closed to new members.
Listed below are the only ways that I might let somebody new in:

#1. If you were part of the original plot, and had equids in either SnowCap or CLH Herd.
#2. If you have an equid who is genetically related to, or is the future mate of an equid already involved.

Please understand, that if I let everybody who wanted to join this join, we'd have "Equid RP Apocalypse Part 2" to deal with. X3
Now, if you just want to join an Rp, there's a huge one free to anybody who wants to join, and I'd bet if you let Sayna know what you wanted to do, and promised to link her to it after it's erection, you could start your own private Rp, or plot based Rp for others to join with you. :3
Thank-you for understanding, and good luck! <3

Welcome!

Well, here we are! xD
I made this so that everybody that had started out in Feral Habitations
could carry on with the original plot we'd built onto. ;3

Species Owner and Creator: horsy1050

~ .:Rules:. ~

#1. All of Tess's rules apply.
#2. Once you've recieved my message, post your character forms here. c:
#3. Don't start posting until everybody that wants to join is here and ready.
#4. Only join with as many chars as you can keep up with. o3o
#5. This is a Semi-Lit Rp, try to post at least a paragraph. ;3

~ .:Form:. ~

Fill out this form and post it in the thread to join!

Code: Select all
[u][b]Form![/b][/u]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Equid Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Picture/Link:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Rank+Herd:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Last edited by LostGosling on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 16 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Persons Involved

Postby LostGosling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 am

~ .:Mods:. ~

LostGosling
elliej1995

~ .:The Roleplayers:. ~

Messages sent, forms posted, list edited. c;

LostGosling
elliej1995
nixxiona
maluruloki
Beewings
Faint
Nellas Lissësúl
Ashwyn
Ardelis
н'ιρ:sтɛʀ
Lemur-Flight
Ralonica

Last edited by LostGosling on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 43 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby LostGosling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 am

~ .:Meet the Herds:. ~

Can't figure out who's who? Look here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ .:Color Legend:. ~

Mates = Will be in matching dark colors.
These equids are in a serious relationship, and might even have a foal next breeding season.

Crushes = Will be in matching
light colors.
These equids aren't quite in a relationship yet, but are well on their way.

Smitten = Will be in
bright red.
These equids have a crush on somebody who they know doesn’t share their feelings.

Star-Crossed = Will be in all
black.
These equids love a rogue or somebody from another herd, thus forbidden to be together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|*/\*|Snow Cap|*/\*|

Lead Stallion: Canad

Lead Mare: None yet.

2nd in Command: Halo

Mares: Beautiful Chaos, Famous in a Small Town & Bandit

Stallions: Livius

Foals: Zephyr

Nannys: Dolce

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|~/\~|Coureurs of the Lifting Haze|~/\~|

Lead Stallion: Adair

Lead Mare: None Yet.

2nd in Command: None Yet.

Mares: La Petite Fayette

Stallions: Cormac

Foals: None Yet.

Nannys: None yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loners: Anara, Gallant, Estel, Tisane, Kae'ouit,
Laxius, Kataya, Finch, Laska, Lotus, Sundara & Rifle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rogues: Shadow of the Day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rural Petting Zoo: Aislinn

Town Petting Zoo: None Yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by LostGosling on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 21 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

General Info

Postby LostGosling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 am

~ .:Season/Time/Weather:. ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Season:

Spring [o]

Summer [X]

Autumn [o]

Winter [o]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Time:
Early Morning ~ 5:00am to 6:00am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Weather:
Chilly at night, mild during the day. Mostly clear skys, partially cloudy at any time. There's been a shift in the atmosphere, so expect rain or a storm at some point in the next few days.

~ .:Predators:. ~

Grey Wolves: Being large, cunning, and organized pack hunters,
these animals should be avoided at all costs. They're one of the only predators with a sense of revenge.

Brown Bears: Though a solitary hunter, the bear is just as big a threat as a pack of wolves, if not bigger.
These huge animals are usually seen hunting and foraging alone, and are almost always lethal in an encounter.

Eurasian Lynx: Don't be fooled by the lynx's small size.
They can take down prey just as easily as their more notorious competition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ .:Territory:. ~

|*/\*|Snow Cap|*/\*|
~ Range: Snow Cap Territory is, without a doubt, the southernmost patch of Swiss land ever to be occupied by an equid herd. In fact, it's almost impossible to "accidentally" cross onto Canad's land if you’ve ever traveled the area before. Basically keep this in mind, as a rule of thumb, when traveling the Southwestern Alps: If it's on the other side of Rhone River, it's on Snow Cap Territory. Literally, I'll give you a run down. Lets start just south of Lausanne's enormous lake, where Rhone begins, and follow the Swiss border due south. Follow it into an eastern curve, and continue to hug the rugged border all the way to a northern hook. After traveling North a good ways, you should be able to see, or hear the Rhone River again, and there is only a narrow strip of land left to the east that remains in Canad’s rule. If you like, you can follow it out to where Rhone ends, but be cautious. There is little known of anything past this, and there could be rogue stallions and dangerous outcasts swarming just out of view. On this note, cut back around and follow the river back to Lausanne’s Lake.
~ Status: Scattered, sporadic. The Lead and some injured herd mates are positioned a good ways north of Rhone (out of their territory), at the sight of a terrible avalanche that has injured one mare. They had been chased that way by an unnative cat known as a mountain lion, where the avalanche killed it. The other members are positioned inside herd lands, just on the otherside of Rhone where they're obscured by the trees. They're waiting for any word of their fellow equids. The entire group is somewere a small distance south of Lausanne's Lake.

|~/\~|Coureurs of the Lifting Haze|~/\~|
~ Range: WIP
~ Status: Formative, the Lead and his first mare are positioned in the lower mountains, a fair distance east of the smallest bank of northern most trees.

|<?>|Rogues & Loners|<?>| ~ Everywhere. There is currently no organized way of tracking them, in depth, without frequently altering the front page, so keep an eye out for these nomads.

|~O~|Petting Zoo|~O~| ~ Currently none to be documented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arial Map of Switzerland

Mountain Range
Image Image

River: In Mountain Areas
Image Image

River: In Other Areas
Image Image

Forested Areas
Image Image

Lakes
Image Image

The Petting Zoo: In Town and Rural
Image Image

Last edited by LostGosling on Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 38 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Gettin' the Ball Rolling...

Postby LostGosling » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:03 am

THIS, my friends, is a product of my persistance and bone-headed nature. xD
Enjoy the most recent posts regarding all characters involved. >:D

UNDER NOT SO MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashwyn wrote:| Adair |

Adair wondered at the strange feelings stirring inside of him....it had been so long since he'd felt anything like this, not since....well.....He shook his head slightly, now wasn't the time to dwell on the past, he was realizing that more and more, it was time to look to the future. He couldn't help the twinkle of mirth in his eye though, as she saucily retorted back to him the comment of it being a grim day if she was eaten by a cougar. For whatever reason though he felt his eyes soften, and he leaned down closer to her for his next reply. "Believe me Fayette, I've lost a mate before. I couldn't bear to lose another mare who matters to me...." But Adair didn't want to scare her off with those passionate words, so he quickly added on another sentence in a more teasing tone, "Even though I've really only just met you....there's something special about you though. Something that calls to me...." He let out a gruff snort, and shook his head slightly, annoyed by his apparent lack of self-control when it came down to Fayette. It was maddening really. He found himself unable to resist sweeping his tale along her back, just a comforting gesture really, one to show his budding affection for her, regardless of how premature it seemed.

Her response to his joke had his eyes widening and a gleeful grin stretching across his muzzle, "I prefer to think of myself as more of a roguish pirate, but if you prefer to consider me a "teaser and a meanie"....by all means go ahead." He could almost see her getting lighter, floating in the wind like a delicate blossom from a tree, and he loved it. She reminded him of a foal, a playful filly finding her youthfulness again, and it warmed his heart. There was a part of himself that bristled at the softness he was feeling. It wasn't typical for him, he had always been the charismatic charmer, wooing mares away with mincing words and smoldering stares. Now he was acting like a young colt having his first crush, it was almost degrading! But the larger part of himself welcomed and craved the softness this mare was bringing out in him. Though whether he would have intervened to save her had he known what she would do to him....he might not have come. But perhaps this was fate, and at this point in time....he didn't really care either way.

She seemed to settle down after a moment, but there was still a slightly different air about her, like a weight had been lifted from her. And even coated as she was in grime, with wounds down her flank from the fall, she was still the most beautiful and almost unearthly thing he had ever seen. Her softly spoken words caused a quiver in the pit of his stomach, but he tried to hide it behind an almost nonchalant manner. He could see the difficulty she was having with her next words, and he took a half step closer to her, warm concern glittering in his eyes. When the words finally escaped her though, a tender smile slid across Adair's muzzle, and he leaned down towards her and briefly rested his head on hers "Fayette...." Her whispered name sounded almost like a prayer coming from him, and he struggled to find the correct words to say. It had been a long time since he himself had been this vulnerable, and to see Fayette in the same state evoked feelings of protectiveness in him that defied all his logic. "Fayette, you are not just another equid, believe that. Each of us are special and unique, but to me.....to me you are more than the average equid...you...you are something MORE. A glittering jewel who rose out of the dust to greet me. And I can't help but feel that fate has brought us together." He lapsed into silence once more, hesitant that the words he had spoken might not have been received the way he had intended, though what that way was exactly....he wasn't entirely sure. Her next words startled him, and he realized that he really must have lapsed into a long silence, because he quickly shook his head at her. "No, of course not Fayette. You haven't upset me." But his voice remained pensive and a little tight, as he waited for her response about Cormac.

He didn't expect for her to be accepting of it, was fully prepared to have to beg for her to be kind and allow it. After all, from what he knew of the mares he had met and fooled around with, each of them had policies about foals, and declaring that he was the father of one never ended well. So why would Fayette receive the news any differently? Of course, he should have known better, after all, Fayette was nothing like any other mare he had met. But her gentle and humble voice touched him in a way nothing else really had. His ears twitched though, at some of the things she said, but he let her say her piece, quietly listening to her while his feelings raged within him. When she had finally finished though he let his head hang for a long moment, and when he finally lifted it to look deeply into Fayette's eyes, there was a tenderness there that hadn't been present up till now. "Ahhhh la petite Fayette, I'm not worthy of you. You do me a great honor Fayette, and I can promise you that no matter what happens you will always have a loving and safe home with me. I know that my son will adore you, just as I do. Thank-you for your willingness and acceptance. I won't forget it." And with that he gently touched his muzzle to hers and stood there for a moment, simply treasuring this particular moment, imprinting it to his memory for times ahead which he knew would be difficult. Eventually though he lifted his muzzle away from her and let out a sigh. "Come now, we need to get you cleaned up. You can lean on me to make it easier for you to walk." He studied her for a moment, "Unless you'd prefer to do it yourself, whatever you desire I will do for you. I think we also should alert the herd currently living here, I don't know their name actually which could present a problem, that we are starting our own herd and see if any of them wish to join." He tossed Fayette a playful and warm smile, "Now lets be off, my petite Fayette, before one of those cougars really does show up hmmm?" And with another gentle stroke of her back he turned and began to make his way towards the river, which he could smell and hear quite well at the moment.

{Hope you don't mind what I did there Faint, sensitive and vulnerable Adair is just too adorable XD And I find it amusing that he's so taken with Fayette, love at first sight? XD Anywho, I'm loving this roleplay way too much, and no pressure to post Faint, it just kills me with suspense when I have to wait, which is almost as fun as a "posting war"}

Faint wrote:((Adair is one fast-worker xD, Fayette is certainly finding it difficult as she already had someone break her heart. But will see if she gives way or not :3 Maluruloki - Tisani is such an adorable name. Sorry if Fayette sounds too over-the-top, she can be very hyper with any strangers :3 ))

FAYETTE
Fayette'e head quickly snapped into attention hearing the exposed deep passion in Adair's words, there was far more then feelings and love soaked in that sentence. And it was that what had caused the irregular heart-beat in Fayette's small chest. I am victim of - infatuation? she thought to herself, invountarily picking up the pace with which Adair talked. But hearing about the death of mate had caused her heartstrings to pull twice - a coincidence probably? Fayette's hyperactive voice instantly reached a monotone level as she took on to answering Adair. 'Adair, I am ever so sorry for your loss. Pausing slightly, Fayette continued 'But believe it or not I too had lost my mate.' Her smile couldn't have been more vague and faint now, as the memories recalled brushed over her like a nightmare. But as Adair attempted to hide and conceal what he felt, Fayette momentarily understood what was yet to come. Just not anymore of this, she thought. 'Are you a cougar in disguise, by any chance?' Fayette teasingly answered hoping to lift the heavy topic that weighed over her like a dreadful mass. She just had to safeguard her heart, if anything was yet to come. She was once victimised and that had satisified her for the rest of her life. But allowing something like that again? The quick moving and shoving of personal topics felt incorrect to Fayette, there was the presence of honesty and truth in the stallion's voice. So why so cruelly finish the poetic life of a stallion? What if he was true? Switching topics like this was the only way out for Fayette and she could have easily taken anything in order to escape the compliments, which had once nearly led to her death-bed.

Fayette exhaled airily, as if removing the fatigue frown from her face. It was almost tiring and hurtful for her heart to listen to romantic auras again.'You are such a helpless romantic Adair.' She teasingly remarked. Her tail quickly slapping Adair across his hindquarters, reacting to the physical contact shown by Adair. Her face was close to blooming but was quickly interrupted by her soft grin that reached from the soul of her heart to the coverage of her face. 'Fine, I will just nickname you TM.' She mockingly teased him, answering again on his joke. 'But if you really think you are that of a pirate, the TM the Pirate it shall be.' She sighed softly, finishing her laughing hysteria within seconds of actually starting it.

But feeling again the warmth of another creature beside her, stirred the feelings of horror and terror. The hearing of her name in another manner. What more could have caused her to feel so uncomfortable? But Fayette stood still, enduring those crawling horrors that entwined with Adair's presence. 'Adair, I understand that I might be something happy or wonderful to you. But really, that is not the case with me. I am kinda an exception when it comes to those words.' She sighed briefly, bearing the frigid feeling of fear that shook in her vessels. But without much choice, Fayette's unhappy look disappeared as she felt Adair's feelings and emotions almost pass through her. She had known so many heart-breakers but Adair's presence felt different to many of that stallions that she had known. She couldn't react coldly on his actions neither could she pour out warm affection within minutes of meeting.

Fayette didn't feel any laughter or suspicion grow in her after Adair's words, they felt almost natural to her. But when he mentioned her pet name, nothing could have struck Fayette more. Her heart was already ripe with blood that was rich with love, but here it felt as if if someone sliced her heart. Allowing blood to pour all over her heart. An electrical pulse of recognition seemed to pass through Fayette. No questions seemed to arise in her mind, it felt just like she was once again performing her past. 'You... adoring me?' Fayette's heart seemed to be stuck in the receptive state and for permenant as it seemed. But the question seemed to wither within her as Adair nuzzled her. Her involuntarily reply was a opposing snort and a back toss of a head, but even now she was already aware the he hadn't won her heart. Fayette could have been compared to a motherless foal at the moment, as her current feelings told her that she could not live without Adair. She was now vulnerable and all that confidence in herself? Gone, probably. She was scared and fearful of losing this guardian but she stuck strongly to what she believed. No one will break my heart again, she thought through clenched teeth.
'I would love nothing more then to get cleaned up.' Fayette's smile of relief washed over her as she quickly switched into the realisitic world. Walking and stretching her almost frozen muscles, she moved gently to Adair's side. 'I probably will need your support.' She smiled easefully.

But hearing the sudden appearance of another voice, had Fayette nearly boiling with excitement. Such a fragile feminine voice, it was this that Fayette couldn't have felt more gleefull pleased about.
'I think I can hear someone else.' Fayette replied gently.

LostGosling wrote:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I*/\*I Halo I*/\*I || I<?>I Anara I<?>I

Blackness. Total unconsciousness that seemed to stretch on and on, but Halo's time there was brief. The prodding of a cool, almost feminine muzzle caused him to slowly come to, his long, matted tail hanging limply in the night air. "It's okay, it's okay..." he murmured in a daze, hearing Heartz's words from somewhere nearby. Though she sounded miles away to his ears. She must have been checking for a pulse. Was he really that bad off, that they assumed him dead? He could feel two equids at his side, one smaller that the other, as his eyes rolled up to meet Anara's. White, ponderous eyes remained without emotion, a soft, guarded glimmer in them as she appreciatively nodded to Heartz. His leg tormented him like an angry hornet, his limbs weak and his spirit crest fallen, but as he slowly realized that Heartz was putting all her effort into keeping him upright, he suddenly thought: "So who checked my pulse?" he turned his head just a hair to his left, to locate the culprit, and his entire body jerked with just enough force that he had to practically bite his own tongue to keep from crying out. A Stallion? Horrified that he'd once thought the individual a mare, he managed to recompose himself to a less hostile point just before he spoke. "I sure hope you're on our side, because I'd hate to have to drag myself over there and kick you so hard you went sailing clean over the mountain peak." Yes, that was less hostile. He gave a faint smile, his weak attempt at humor a combination of both delirium and nature, and then his ears pricked as he looked back over to Bandit. Bandit. He always half expected her to be gone anymore, so every time he saw her it was like the first time. Though he was beginning to fade again. He smiled softly, and then looked back to the stallion. His expression took on an almost military look, though it took everything he had to focus long enough to get the first part out. "We should... find the river... go further upstream. If we return to Snow Cap lands now, the insects will be upon us by dawn." he managed to say, his expression tense as well as grave. "He's right." Anara shrugged solemnly, still bracing his exhausted frame. Her tail seemed to stream out behind her like a detached spider web, her gaze never landing on one equid long enough to draw attention. It was a known fact; flies loved nothing better than an open wound, and the very thought of what would happen to them caused a shudder to roll through Halo's being. He looked back to Bandit once more, worry evident in his features, and then his eyes flitted to Canad, helplessly, almost. "It's your call." And then he was out again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nixxiona wrote:Canad

"shadow... well nice to see you now! it would be great if you could get some oak leaves, we do not know this territory well...." he said, not really currently caring if he was a rouge or not. he needed help for bandit. for the mare he had once loved. but he cut that thought out of his memory.

((sorry for fail pst i will post later with lotus too. i have HW to do.))

I<?>I Shadow of the Day I<?>I

Shadow gave a shallow nod in response to the "lead", giving a snort as he undauntedly gazed down upon the injured stallion.

Oak leaves.
Of course they needed oak leaves.

Of all things in the mountains that they could use, they picked the one, single thing that he'd have to go hunting for. Perhaps it would be better if he just let this one die. He wasn't planning on staying anyway, and he didn't like that particular stallion to start with, but he needed to gain their trust for this to work. His eyes flicked out over the horizon, watching it with unreadable eyes. The sun would soon rise, leaving them to the insects and heat if they awoke and traveled back to their home. To the valley. It would be quite a wonderful day by the looks of it, though it most certainly would be nicer to spend it with a more... suitable gathering. Or simply by himself, as he was used to. But that wasn't why he was here today. Not to think about how uncomfortable he was, but to slowly build onto something that would benefit him greatly some point in the future. Some point soon.

Sniffing lightly at the air, he paused only a second before he looked back to the group with a lightly swishing tail. He ignored his daughter's frail, trembling form with a kind of selective blindness that you would only normally see in something lifeless and without reason. Like a stone that's rolling toward a stream, knowing full well that it will sink and never return once it breaches the water’s surface. He knew how she worked, how she just loved to shame him to the point of insanity. How she shamed him in front of rogue after rogue, mare after mare, making him appear as a weak excuse for a bloodline. One that would produce such a sickly, air headed little filly. Oh no, she wouldn't be getting to him today. Not today. Giving a concerned glance back to the unconscious chestnut, he began to move closer just to make sure he couldn't pass him off as dead. This however, appeared to the observing eye as a very worried, life respecting inspection of the stallion's person.
"Of course, I know all the best oak trees, and where to find them. Though this guy is in pret..." But he was cut off.

Cut off. He gave a hurt sounding huff as he came to an abrupt halt, purely to keep himself from lashing out. This infuriated him to no end even as a normal rule, being cut of in mid-sentence like this. It was the source of more than a few of his own hateful experiences. But now, at this very moment, at this very place, the grey filly whom made his very fur stand on end stepped between him and the stallion, her teeth bared with menace. Here to ruin him once more no doubt. A darkly ironic smile slid onto his face as he brashly met her eyes, and his ears only pinned a moment before he collected himself enough to give an only mildly amused chuckle.
"Ooohh, now this one is frightening." he said, his eyebrows light-heartedly raising. Almost as if it had only surprised him by some slim miracle, and he was now entirely back on key. He made a smooth circle around the two as he spoke, eyeing them with an unnervingly calm gaze. "Very protective over her friend it seems." he confirmed casually, making sure to put an extra enfaces on the "friend" part. That ought to keep her busy for a little while. At least before she tried to expose him to the entire group as the lying, traitorous scrounge that he was.

Gracefully dispatching himself from the little scene, he gave an all knowing wink to all the others in the group to further back up his previous statement, as if openly saying “Look at her, she has a crush.” in an adult, fatherly way.
"Well I'll be back in a bit, can't leave those two waiting any longer than necessary." he nodded sympathetically, and took off at a gallop as he went streaming past a white eyed mare.

nixxiona wrote:I*/\*I Canad I*/\*I

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Canad snorted at shadow's willingness to help. help. he had a bad feeling about this.. this shady stallion, hence his name, was not to be fully trusted. but Canad had to find out what he was up to. i must play along.. be the dumb equid. he thought. he began to see the world in a different way recently, building up to him having new thoughts he never could have done before. he was beginning to change. unsure why, but change. he was a single lead stallion, leading the biggest herd on the mountain, and in the meantime, numerous new herds began to form. he was going to be challenged by these herds, without a doubt. but he would stay strong.

this is his herd, he will KEEP it.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

|<?>| Anara |<?>|

Anara came trotting back to the group fully readied for the scene, but never expected the rogue when he came barreling past. She jumped a good, clean foot at his sudden appearance, and her legs scrambled frantically as she hurriedly moved from his path. And she could have sworn he'd grinned at her on his way past.... a shutter rolled through her entire being. Who was he? Her thoughts roiled for a split second in search of that face and pelt. And then fell silent. She didn't know his name, his pelt nor his eyes, but whoever he was, her unusually sharp senses told her that he was trouble. Big trouble. Enough that she didn't want anything to do with him. Momentarily stunned as she stared after that rapidly fading form, she quickly shook her head before turning back to her task. She'd only been halted a mere 6 yards back, so she could easily see them all in one glance. And she met a similar scenario as the one she'd left. Both Halo and the mare remained unconscious, while everything else seemed, well.... tense. Something seemed amiss in the area, even with the unnerving glow of the suns rays as it crept into view. She cocked her head to the side as she began to speak, abruptly looking over her shoulder with an almost dubious look in her eyes. "I've returned with the grand spoils of war... who was that stallion?" she asked with a voice too leery to be carefree, though her bird like voice was as light and airy as a spring breeze. But before anybody had a chance to answer, she'd cleared the distance between them with ease. Her pale, colorless eyes danced from equid to equid, her body relaxed, yet highly alert as she seemed to float over to the downed mare and resting lead stallion. Since that one was no doubt in need of the most attention, she swiftly placed the webs at her side before briefly locking eyes with the darkest male. The healer. The only one who seemed to know what he was doing in a time of crisis. But it only lasted an instant before she was addressing them all as a whole. "And my name is Anara by the way, for all those concerned." she added with a mysterious glint in her eyes, her tail drifting out behind her in it's strange crisscross of black and white.

mauichik wrote:Dread looked at the mare that he had been following earlier, and who had led him into this mess. When their eyes met, only for the briefest of moments, he was frozen. But, when she shook it of, he shook it off and got back to business. He took the cobwebs she had lain down and placed them onto the mare's worse cuts and gashes. The blood flow almost immediately slowed, and he then looked at the other herbs that had been brought to him. He took the oak leaves and marigolds, which were both designed to stop infection from setting in and spreading. The marigold, however, also helped to stop heavy bleeding. With some of the marigold leaves, he kept them whole and placed them on the larger, more serious wounds. Then, he took the oak leaves and leftover marigold leaves, combining them into a sort of paste. He spit the paste out onto the ground, dipped his nose in the mixture, and then spread it onto the smaller wounds on the mare's body. He looked back up at Anara. "My name is Dread of the Night, but most call me Dread," he introduced himself, then looked back down at the injured mare. "She should be fine. I will be off now," he said, and then began to walk away. He hated being surrounded by other equids, and was glad to get away from them.

elliej1995 wrote:I*/\*I Heartz I*/\*I

Heartz smirked at her fathers reaction to getting cut off. Not surprisingly though Shadow covered it quickly and turned it all back on her. "Excuse me for trying to protect a herd mate." She was furious He had no right to stand there and try and act fatherly to her now. It was all just a facade. He wanted her to be tough oh She'll show him tough. As he ran off she debated following him and confronting him on this and her past. And as the mare Anara showed up her mind was made up. "He wont be finding the leaves have someone else do it." She told Canad. Heartz leapt over Halo knowing he was in good hands with Anara and took off after her father. Heartz sped after him and once his tail was within reach she nipped at it trying to get his oh so wonderful attention.

Nellas Lissësúl wrote:I<?>I Bandit I<?>I

Bandit drifted in and out of nightmares, trembling in her unconsciousness as strange, frightening things happened in her uncomprehending mind. She didn't feel the the nip of the early morning air, she didn't feel the rough earth under her supine body or the harsh bite of the innocent breeze against raw wounds. She was a slave to her mind, and enslaved she would be, with horrors and unspeakable things twisting in her mind, causing her to relive moments she couldn't bear to see again, not now, not here. In one minute, butterflies swirled in a meadow, but the birds sang not, and the only picture was of Bandit, standing alone atop the crest of a hill, watching the looming storm gather. Then that picture floated away, and new sensations came to her; a filly lay crumpled at her feet, she was standing over the little palomino foal, both fillies, her and the other, trembling with fatigue and pain. She was protecting the filly, protecting her from something, and as Bandit thought of the answer her mind created it. Her side was to a cliff, and suddenly, from nowhere, a cougar flew in to slam into her chest, right to her heart. Bandit's unconscious mind tried vainly to wake up even as it tortured her further, visions and scenes from her past spinning through her mind. She could not escape them.
So much pain...

elliej1995 wrote:Famous

Famous thaought back to her little leggy filly. A half smile crossed her lips as her mind traveled back in time. "She is a dark grey with darker quipping that runs in a similar pattern to mine. She has pink around her eye and mouth with a sock on her hind leg and a small snip on her face." Famous couldn't think of anything else to add. She looked hopefully at the two equids praying they had seen her daughter.

((im heading out to my dads now. he has wifi but we are leavin for vacation at 3 or 4 am tomorrow so ill probably be sleeping most the time I et out there. Sorry about getting involved and then leaving for a week Mal))

Beewings wrote:Dolce

I felt sorry for Famous, I hadn't even thought anything like that had happened to her. I tried to think if I had seen the filly, but I couldn't seem to remember seeing her. As Livius started to nibble at my mane it got a little harder to concintrate but it felt nice, I closed my eyes and tried to think. I couldn't bring anything up even with Famous's description, "I can't think of any time I've seen her, but I'll think about it more." I said. I laid my head down but I didn't close my eyes, even though being next to Livius had calmed me down from my nightmare, I didn't want to have another. So I just though more about Famous's filly, while I rested my head on the grass.

(( This might be my only post today, I'll be taking a placement test for a school I'm transfering to at 3, just to let you know. ))

Beewings wrote:Zephyr

I was still dreaming about the little pond that me, Dolce and Livius where at but I shifted in my sleep alittle to stretch out. But I didn't want to get up yet so I drifted back to sleep.

maluruloki wrote: :: Livius ::
Having given Famous all the help he could offer at the moment, Livius was also a bit forlorn that Dolce couldn't put a face with the description.
"Perhaps we should all nap for a while more. I've noticed that when I try too hard to remember something, I never can. Sometimes I can remember in my dreams." It was worth a shot. They were all tired as is, so who could blame him to suggesting something that he subconsciously ached for? More sleep was on the top of his list, especially if it meant snuggling with Dolce.

Beewings wrote:Dolce

"Yes, maybe we should rest first." I said and then glanced at Zephyr. I was surprised that he slept through all our talking, but he did have quite an exciting day but then again we all did. I noticed him shift and I lifted my head but he didn't wake up so I laid my head down again.

Nellas Lissësúl wrote:Estel
Estel’s soft emerald gaze sharpened slightly, luminous eyes following the path of a pair of pristine white trumpeters, long wings broad and powerful as the contrast between their snowy plumage and midnight bills and feet caught at the light. A soft looked of wonder overtook her delicate features, the play of light and shadow in her delicately defined face lending her an aura of mystery she did not normally possess.

Glancing at Gallant once more, she couldn’t help but feel a slight twinge of guilt, thinking she’d disturbed him from his thoughts. But he was always so thoughtful in any case, and of course Estel would come along and ruin his contemplations. It seemed she was forever doing that. Her lungs expanded, breathing in a cool, deep breath of the sweet morning air, dewdrops sparkling in meadows spanning far below their stretch of wood and the clearing on top of the rise. She refused to let anything but a hint of blush color her fine boned cheeks when Gallant’s deep forest gaze searched her own, but couldn’t help but smile in response to his sheepish grin. Though he never talked- Estel had come to realize it was probably because he simply couldn’t- she almost felt as if she understood what he was trying to say better than one who used words to replace other sounds in their day. His language wasn’t cluttered with words that had a different meaning than he meant them to, wasn’t filled with half-truths and lies, stopped up with insecurities and things not to be sure of. Gallant was exactly the equid she saw him as, and Estel loved him for that.

Edana moved slightly in Estel’s gentle embrace, and her attention was drawn to the petite foal, snuggled trustingly into her side without a care in the world, fast asleep in the warmth of love surrounding her. Estel’s expression softened and her heart fluttered with an almost unbearable amount of love and utter adoration. What would she do without the little filly to brighten her every day? Estel loved her more than anything, loved her more, she thought, than a mother ever could. She nuzzled the tiny little foal gently with a velveteen muzzle, knowing she’d wake soon and anticipating the new adventures the filly would get into when she was up and about. Edana always seemed to be doing something, investigating some source of her curiosity, and Estel never tired of her ceaseless questions, bright and innocent in a world not always that.

Faint wrote:GALLANT
Voices of deep ingrained trouble whispered in Gallant's gaze as he felt the strong powerful heat of the sun, growing behind his back. The scent of wildflowers with the assisting light fog felt suddenly unpleasant to the stallion. The sudden understanding of beauty had now become Gallant's worst enemy. Clenching his jaw tightly Gallant lifted his head, turning it towards the passing pair of swans. They were a surely a beautiful and marvelous sight, a duo, two fulfilling love hearts entwined for life. The unfulfilled piece of heart that he lacked only made Gallant dig his teeth harder into his jaw as memories lightly danced over his head. Hoping to hide his temporary sadness for those miniscule seconds, Gallant quickly shot a look to Estel. I have to be strong, I can't allow hurt control me, I simply can't, he thought. He exhaled hurtfully, chewing on the desire to fall down, to fail before a mare. He had to be strong for them both.

Gallant's eyes reflected sudden discomfort but exchanging that look to Estel, had given him the direct feeling of strength and power. His eyes brushed over her small head, her fine cheek bones and her lively emerald eyes. He marveled at the golden look on life she possessed. She could understand him, she could talk to him simply by looking at him. He felt understood and besides that he felt that he could hide under her caring heart any day. Because it was only around this young mare that he didn't have to hide from anyone or diligently have to express himself. Bad days or good days, he felt needed knowing that someone on planet Earth understood him and his singular relation in his life.

Grasping the warmth and love that Estel gave to Edana, Gallant stood prideful beside his daughter as he watched the act of motherly love. Walking in the midst of reality, Gallant looked at Edana. He didn't want to feel envious or jealous but seeing that present act of motherly love made Gallant want him to return to his childhood. Watching gently, Gallant quickly snapped to his early plans. The rising heat and the warm environment: time was now coming to move to the river. With a fresh look on his face, Gallant moved towards Edana's side closer, he moved his head closer to her. Lightly breathing on her, he nudged her quietly. Urging her to wake.

Last edited by LostGosling on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wild Mountain Equids: A Calm Before the Storm (Invite On

Postby Ardelis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Form!

Username: Ardelis
Equid Name: Laska
Picture/Link: Image
Personality: Laska's a shy girl but once she gets to know you she opens up and has a lot of love and dedication to give. Definitely not the first one to speak up she's more of a follower than a leader. Often times she's viewed as being odd, but she's just a bit more distant and reserved than most equids. She doesn't necessarily prefer being alone, but it certainly doesn't bother her.
Rank+Herd: Loner, for now anyways :)
Other: hmm might add to this later.

Username: Ardelis
Equid Name: Finch
Personality: Finch is a fun loving stally who can't seem to really find his way in life. He bounces from place to place always looking for a new adventure. He'll often find himself staring at his reflection in the water, thinking about how wonderful he finds himself. When any ladies are near by he'll always dial up the charm, well what he perceives as charm anyways, more often than not it ends with a slap from the mare's tail to his face, or worse.
Rank+Herd: Loner, not sure if he'll ever fit into a herd, but he's willing to give it a go if the situation ever comes up.
Other: Nothing at the moment :)
xx
x

xx
≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖⚘≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖
≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖≖
Ardelis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maluruloki » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:35 am

Form!

Username: maluruloki

Equid Name: Livius
Personality: Livius is one of those genuinely nice stallions that everyone is suspicious about at first, but the more time passes, you either have two options: like him because he's truly nice or hate him because he makes you look bad. He's been motivated to behave in a proper and polite manner by both his upbringing and by experience. You don't get yelled at often if you're genteel. He comes with this annoying sense of integrity that gave him a "goodie four-hooves" reputation with his old herd. However, he will do almost anything to avoid confrontation unless absolutely necessary. If he's treated unkindly or scolded with harsh words, this strong and silent stubbornness wells up from within. He retreats within himself and that resentment boils; sometimes, it becomes acidic and he can't bring himself to forgive the individual who did him wrong. When he blows up, it's fearsome and when it blows over, Livius is always acutely embarrassed. The strength of his emotions sometimes scares him.
When it comes to other Equids farther up the pecking order, he prefers suggestions and not orders. He doesn't ask much from others and when something is demanded of him, he either will comply to keep the peace or show a wall of passive resistance. Fighting, in his opinion, rarely solves problems and he can't understand why others are unkind at times. He loves praise and if giving in to a ridiculous demand will earn him some points, he'll probably do it. Sincere gratitude will often make him dance in place.
He enjoys his quiet independence and yes, while he's part of a herd, he likes doing his own thing in his own time. Pressure isn't a good way to get results from him. It's because he's secretly very concerned about how he's viewed by the others. Near-perfection is his aim. If he's focused on getting a task completed, consider it done. If a mare asks him to do something, he'll go head-over-hooves to get that task done, hah!
A mare who gets to know him well would be one who took a good, long time coaxing it out of him. He prefers to be asked to reveal his interests/dreams/etc. He hates feeling vulnerable, but at the same time, he values being known and understood. He's had his heart broken a few times, but he knows that when he finds the one, they will be together for an eternity.
Rank+Herd: Stallion (looking to move up the ranks...?) + Snow Cap
Other: Definitely close to the mare Dolce and surrogate father to little colt Zephyr.

Equid Name: Tisane
Personality: Shy, but not heart-breakingly so; she can be sensitive with even perceived slights. She has a sense of pride, but it isn't overwhelming. Tisane is very secure in the knowledge that she is pretty and she never doubts it; it's the word "beautiful" that makes her feel bashful. She would rather be with at least one other Equid instead of by herself. (( More of her personality will show with progress in the RP ))
Rank+Herd: Loner + None - DOES NOT like being alone, so definitely searching.
Other: She's deaf in her right ear due to an injury caused by a flying hoof when she was a filly.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nixxiona » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:03 am

Form!

Username: nixxiona
Equid Name: canad and lotus
Picture/Link:
canad: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1012123
lotus: viewtopic.php?t=1172975
Personality:
lotus is pretty much just like canad.

they are both very strong leaders, with a great survival instinct. quiet, but robust. sweet, but strong.
Rank+Herd: canad is the leader of the snowcap herd, and lotus defines herself as a wanderer.
Other:
lotus is in real, canads daughter, but will not be played as so. canad is a single man, and poor little lotus is quite shy around boy,s but a charmer anyways.
canad has a very odd friendship with a rare silver bear, also known as a spirit bear. she is a harmless creature, for she adores equids with all of her big heart. she holds a special place in canads heart.

meet aesorri, the spirit bear: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=spirit+b ... s:68,i:404
Last edited by nixxiona on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
nixxiona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faint » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:48 am

La post ;3

Form!

Username: Faint

Equid Name: La Petite Fayette
Possible nickname(s): Fayette or LPF

Picture/Link:
Personality:Despite her small size, Fayette has a huge heart and personage within. Fayette can be described as a bouncing sun that brings a sort of powerful joyful energy with her. Her words, actions, everything she does, is done with a child-like humbleness and joy. Her everlasting smile and the natural lightness, has extreme power which can easily contaminate anyone with a laugh or smile. Everyone collects the impression that she is a child because her actions never show severity or cruelty or violence. Because of her 24/7 happiness, many receive the idea that Fayette is just created up by everlasting happiness itself as she is never is upset or distraught. She is like that of a fabulous painted ball that is forever jumping and bouncing, no matter how you claw or scratch or ruin the appearance of the ball itself, it remains the same bouncy and smiling ball. Many just gather the feeling that nothing can hurt or upset or belittle her, as she is far too powerful in that sense. Even cruel words or abuse never silences the powerful spirit coming from within her.

Yet this illusional perfection tends to exceed the fact that secretly Fayette is a very sensitive and receptive character who absorbs every single little look or word. Though her joy and laughter is like that of a child, in reality she is a late-matured adult who knows the boundary between reality and fun. Because of her appearance and her behaviour, Fayette was only ever treated as a mindless child and she despises that, as it means she could not be loved and respected for who she in reality is. Only later or sometimes even never, do equids understand that she possess knowledge and intelligence beyond normal boundaries. She is an incredibly dignified creature and takes pride and confidence in everything she does.
Otherwise, if a topic or opinion is brought up that contradicts what Fayette believes, then she turns into a passionate speaker who will argue for what she believes.
If she is not bouncing off the mountains, then she is thinking about life or muses over anything. But at times, silence may dominate Fayette's life. This is where the real Fayette is seen. The wise, peaceful, modest and pleasant mare within. Who knows maybe the child costume is used as a defence system to protect hidden secrets?

Rank+Herd: Just mare for now 8P
Other:

Form!

Username: Faint

Equid Name: Gallant
Possible nickname(s): Gale

Picture/Link:
Personality:
Gallant... is a high-held stallion. What more can I say? Like a predator, he watches and absorbs the world around him, waiting for the right time to attack - he behaves like a noble, walks with a powerful step and has a laid-back posture. The stallion's body language shows his superiority and his dominance and therefore Gallant has (or can) be seen as a dangerous threat to herds. However, despite the sense that he is selfish and self-loving, this is utterly not the case with Gallant. Gallant is a patient, powerful and silent character who is never speaking and who is very rarely showing much reaction to anything happening around him. He answers mostly with the help of eye contact / body language and through much of his behaviour can easily manipulate anyone. (Though he doesn't understand this). His silence doesn't prevent him from living a high life with the herd and doesn't prevent him from flattering any mare that he passes. He is relaxed and slow with life but gets easily caught up in life if there is someone dear to him that he sees in trouble. Gallant does have mental and physical strength but will battle only if there is a solid reason for it. He is not a mental lover / fan of mares.
Rank+Herd: Loner with his own little herd.
Other: Will be joining a herd later.
Faint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beewings » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 am

Form!

Username: Beewings
Equid Name: Dolce
Picture/Link:Here :D
Personality: She's more on the shy side and can be seen by herself most of the time, but mainly with Livius and her adopted foal Zephyr. She is mainly a follower and doesn't usually mind about taking orders or being told what to do, but she only has so much patience for being bossed around constantly. You'll have to go head over heels to gain her trust and once you have her trust you have to maintain it or else you'll never get it back, once its gone its gone forever. She can be quite feisty and wont mind telling you off if you get on her nerves and, much to her dislike, will start arguments in which she'll will do her best to make you wish you wouldn't have started it with her. She also tends to be a little jumpy and anxious at times and would be the first to panic in a bad situation.
Even so she is very kind and caring and doesn't have a true mean bone in her body, the only bad personality traits that she has acquired were just results of unkind things done to her. She's also very loyal and as long as you are kind to her, she'll be your friend till the end. She's very gentle with foals and she has a very watchful eye to make sure they don't get into trouble. She is very cautious to watch for preditors, which her brightly coloered coat attracts, and would rather take flight than fight but when the time comes she'll chase down a wolf quicker than you'd expect but if it's wolves then she'll leave that fight for the stallions to take care of.
Rank+Herd: Nanny + Snow Cap
Other: She was born in human care but was stolen by her surrogant father and raised in the wild.

Form!

Username: Beewings
Equid Name: Zephyr
Picture/Link:Here :D
Personality:If theres one word that describes Zephyr it's a tie for troublesome and adventurous, which are the ingredients for an interesting day. He loves to explore everything and he's very playful, but often trys to play with the wrong equids. He'll try to get a stallion to tussle with him, which usually ends up in a scolding from Dolce. But when he's not pestering herd members he's watching everything that goes on in the herd. He's very observant of everything around him, usually, and if he notices something moving in a bush then he'll go and find out what it is. Unfortuanatly it's usually a preditor, it's actually a wonder that he's survived this long with all of the preditors he's came face to face with. If it wasn't for his super watchful surrogant mother who knows what would've gotten him by now. But luckily for everyone there's days he just wants to graze and sleep in the sun. He's very slowly becoming less and less eager to go looking for things to chase and more mature, but he isn't showing any sign that happening anytime soon.
Rank+Herd: Foal + Snow Cap
Other: He was seperated from his birth herd spent a long time looking for them before finding his way to the Snow Cap herd.
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me