"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Welcome to "The" Rares List
Please read all the following information below BEFORE posting here. The answers to most of your questions CAN be found here!

Do not remake this thread, the current owner will do so when needed.

New URs will never be placed any sooner then August/September of the year following their release. Please do not ask about a new UR right after its release!

Hello, and welcome to the Rares List Guide!

The pets are listed from most to least valuable. Top to Bottom.

The bottom tier of the Advent List holds the pets worth the least on the list while the top tier of the Main List holds the pets that are worth the most! The higher you go, the more the pets are worth. The lower you go, the less the pets are worth.

The higher you go, the higher the tier number! The lowest tier of any list is "tier 1". The highest tier of the Advent List is "tier 10".

Keep in mind that all pets on the List are worth more than pets that are not on any list!

The list combines rarity, supply, demand, availability and circulation!

Without these five primary factors (and even more!) the list wouldn't be nearly as 'complete' as it is now!

This list is user-created and unofficial. A number of knowledgeable CS folk try to keep it as up-to-date and accurate as possible, but it is by no means the absolute authority on pet value.

The list is based on opinions and not just straight facts. The placements of all pets have been determined by many people saying their opinions and then coming to a general understanding. Discussion takes place all the time. Feel free to join in, but do keep in mind that if you don't know rarities, your opinion doesn't help with placement and can delay the process!

You can find a list of the gaps between tiers on page 4.

New URs will never be placed any sooner then August/September of the year following their release. Please do not ask about a new UR right after its release!

Random rares will never be put on the list! The list is exclusively for the rarest pets on CS. Random rares will never become rare enough to be added to this list!

For any questions on worth, fairness or gaps: Please read the gaps list or
    visit the 'How much is this pet worth?' or 'Is this a fair trade?' threads!
    Those questions do not belong here and will be deleted. Find them here.

Please always use the search function first, even if you are on mobile!
    This thread has been around for years. Many questions can easily be answered with the search function. Search Function Guide. Ctrl+F also works great!

Don't know a pet's name? Look it up in one of the many guides CS has! Click here.

"I want to propose a move/a pet that needs to be added!"
    Awesome!

First, use the search function. It's a very good way to see if the pet you want added/moved has been talked about before or not.

It hasn't?
    Feel free to bring it up but please provide trades, information and a lot of thoughts and reasons as to why something should be added or moved. A simple 'I think it should be added 'cause I find it very rare/hard to find/hard to trade' post will not get a pet placed/moved. If you don't want to put in the time and effort to research a pet before suggesting it, then please don't suggest it at all.

A great way to help out is by posting your trades onto this thread HERE
    We are always looking for UR and omgsorare pet trades, as well as all list store pet trades and most of the times i'll request trades for a certain pet. Any trade you feel might be useful to post, just post it there! It helps greatly when looking at movements of pets C:

ImageImageImage

If someone asks something that breaks the rules, ignore it. If you reply, you're only spamming the thread further. These posts will be removed.

Recent Updates
    Please note that updates will be removed from this list as time goes by!

[28-11-2016] UR Foal was added.
    [1-08-2016] Arabian and Basilisk 2011 store pets added.
    [1-03-2016] First post updated/improved.
    [8-11-2015] UR Malk & Marionette Dog were moved up.
    [8-10-2015] UR Bengal & UR Pineapple have been added.
    [20-07-2015] Punk dogs, Seal PPS's, Clockwork bun, Patchwork&Raven dog were moved up.
    [15-07-2015] Brown sleipnir was moved up.
    [15-04-2015] Drink me, Eat me, all lion-tails & all androids were moved up.
    [04-12-2014] Ur's were moved up, New ur's added + orange cerb and skele bunny moved up the list.
Below you will find the Main, September and Advent lists.
(They are only split up for easy navigating and easy editing. They are all part of one big list.)
"Main" List & Pictured "Main" List
"September" List & Pictured "September List"
"Advent's" List & Pictured "Advent's" List
Thank Yous & FAQ
Last edited by DaDwarf on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:20 am, edited 103 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The "Main" Rares List

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 pm

PLEASE NOTE!
If you use the pictured list, please note that it may not be as updated as the list is as it doesnt get updated as often!

In other words, the actual list will ALWAYS be more accurate then the pictured list!

The "Main" Rares List
click for pictures list pt. 1 . pt. 2

Sunjewel = UR Tiger Dog
Moonswirl
UR B-Wolf
Plains Zebra = Grevy's Zebra
Mountain Zebra = Dogtag
UR Cat
UR Banana = UR Cucumber
July PPS = Coontail Dog =Sunback = UR Bee
UR Aussie/Cookie dog = UR Phoenix
UR Lion
Nonjewel Sundog = Non-Coon Dog = Non-Swirl Moon Dog = Non-Tag
UR Flower Pot = UR Holly Dog
Growing White July = UR Pineapple
Nick Unicorn = UR Mint Horse
--- Big Gap ---&
Spotted Tribal = BE Galaxy = UR Malk
Purple Toxic = UR foal
CE Galaxy
Blue Toxic = UR Rat
Blue Sorbet = Green Sorbet = Yellow Sorbet = Pink Sorbet = UR Grapes
Joker
UR Butterbun* = Gearback Tribal
Red Toxic = 09 UR Dog
Green Toxic = Yellow Toxic
Nonballoon = UR Bengal Cat
Line Tribal = Joker Bunny = UR Ice Cat
Rainbow Mane
Pink Balloon = Blue Balloon = Winged Wood Angel = Orange Cerberus
Light Speckled Rat = Medium Speckled Rat = Heavy Speckled Rat
UR Purple Horse = UR Apple = Dark Heart Rat
Skeleton PPS
Rose PPS = Dark Pink Shima B-Wolf = Blue Dragon PPS
Red-X PPS = Wolf PPS

*UR Butterbun is not actually UR, just named for the UR Butterfly Wolf it was designed after.
&
Hekomi wrote:
Milkyway0353 wrote:o: Whoa those are big changes. -goes to memorize list-
I have a question:
Between the UR Mint Horse and Spotted Tribal it says "Big Gap" and it sounds kinda of vauge to me, could i get a brief explanation of how big it is? Like is it a few high advents, some septs, or what? Sorry if its already been mentioned, but it kinda confused me.

The nons go for 3x the sorbets. People don't remember this so I put the big gap there. I intend to break down the rares list when I get time on my guide to understanding rarities I just haven't had time for that yet.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The September List

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Last edited by DaDwarf on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Advent List

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 pm

The Advent List
if a pet is in the same group as another, that means it is worth THE SAME!
(note that there is a significant gap in worth between these and the September '08 pets)
click for pictured list

Sockdog, Green-fronted Holly dog

Hyena, Timberwolf, White Lolita Dog

Teal Butterbun, Red Butterbun

Grey Border Collie, Brown Border Collie, Yellow/Brown Cookie, Pink Cookie, Dark Grey Tag husky, Vixen, Celestial PPS, Bone PPS, Desert/Orange-swirl PPS, Heart PPS, Light Grey Speckled husky, B&W Pointy-eared Border Collie, Ice Blue Swirl, Blue Flower dog, Purple Star bobtail, Purple Heart/Husky, Mustard Heart/Husky, Cream Advent, Pale Pink/Blue-spotted, Pink Heart, Hollyfox Dog, Boar PPS, Dice PPS, Green Android, Seal Store Dogs, Raven Dog, Patchwork Dog

Hyena Bun, Royal Bob Bun, Blue Sorbet Bun, Green Toxic Bun, Pink Balloon Bun, Spotted Tribal Bun, Moonswirl Bun, Dogtag Bun, Heart Advent Bun, BE Galaxy Bun, BMD Bun

Peppermint Eared, Christmas Tree dog, Cream Santa Hat Advent, Red-fronted Holly, Hollyfox cat, Snowflake B-wolf, Candy Cane B-wolf, Elf Rat, Brown Santa Cat, White Santa Cat, Nick Cake Dog, Kiss PPS, Evil PPS, Flop Blood Dog, Tufted Blood Dog,PPS Cocoon ,Yellow, Red, Blue Androids, Orange, Yellow, Pink Punk Dogs

Grey Mini Husky, Snowflake Lion, Brown Red-String Horse, White Tinsel horse, Rudolph Rat, Santa Rat, Tinsel Lion, Roadkill PPS

Peppermint Bun, Raver Bun, Ornament PPS, Emerald Bwolf, Clockwork Bunny, Marionette Dog

Candy Cane Horse, Pink/Purple/White string horse, Pink Mini Husky,Buckskin PPS, Roadkill Pony, Zombie Pony

Grown White Scarf dog, Blue Snowflake Scarf dog,Fireworks PPS, Rose Rat, Jack 'O Lantern Rat, Dark Wood Dog, Bumblebee Spider,Malk PPS Pup, Chocolate Bun, Lilac Bun, Black Dutch Bun, Grey Dutch Bun, Spiderwing Bwolf, Ghost Cat, Purple Sleipnir, Cobweb Bun, White Arabian, Bay Arabian, Chestnut Arabian, Clydesdale, Brown Basilisk, Tan/Shy Basilisk, Angry Basilisk
* [i]italics = not from Advent '08 but equivalent in value.
Last edited by DaDwarf on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 am, edited 14 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thank Yous & FAQ

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Thank you to...
Keatchi
Deja
Jeweled
DiabolicReality
Atwood
Starstreak
Australia09
Seasonal <3
Hekomi
DaDwarf
Pideaux
And anyone else who has helped us place the pets!

FAQ

So is this purely about rarity or demand mixed in?
    dejaentendu wrote:I think I read earlier that this list is a combination of rarity and demand - which kinda converge in a way that creates a pet's "worth." Even though a pet like the BMD is just as rare as any other of those Advent outcomes, you couldn't expect anyone to trade it for like, a Cream Advent. Rarity is how many pets are out there, and demand affects their availability.

Wait! You guys and the rarity on the actual pet disagree... I'm so confused! Oh, and why can't I get an uncommon Jan 09 for an uncommon January 2010?
    Chryseis wrote:All new players need to do is look at the rarity and then look at the date. There is a 3 month "rule" so to speak. If the pet you want is an uncommon from January 09, and your offering an uncommon from March 09, then people will likely trade. You have to take dates into account. So, if you have an uncommon from March 2010, and you want an uncommon from January 09, then people wont trade with you. . . as there is a year between the adoption dates. The older a pet is, the harder to obtain it becomes and the more you have to pay for it. But keep in mind that people have their own rarity system that you can't see. . . to be safe in your trades, try your best to offer someone something off their wishlist. If you can't offer something on their wishlist and you want a "Very Rare" pet then they will most likely get angry at you. So stick to what they want, or try to get the more common pets on your wishlist, before you go after the really rare pets . . .

Ugh, everybody just can't decide who is rarer! How about we go ask Nick for some statistics?
    Australia09 wrote:I PMed nick this message.

Australia09 wrote:Hi Nick.

We where wondering if you or tess would mind helping us with this list, viewtopic.php?f=20&t=112366 as no one can deside on what rarest in order. So would you or tess have that kind of data that you would share

Regards aussie09

Australia09 wrote:
    Nick wrote:Yes, we have that information but no, we have no plans to share it. Sorry.. :)

ok that my reply from nick so there goes that idea

What's the difference between demand and rarity? I just don't get it.
    Atwood wrote:Value is a different thing from rarity anyway - there may be more Sunbacks on CS than Dogtags, but there also a lot more Sundog hoarders because they're such a popular design, so there may be fewer Sunbacks actually available than there are Dogtags. To assess functional rarity you have to look at how many are in circulation, which you can only find out from other traders. ;)

I offered a Green Toxic for a Yellow Toxic, which both are equal to each other on the same list, and they cancelled the trade!
    Keatchi wrote:Well, you have to bear in mind that though we try to perfect this list, there is always going to be a few errors- Use this as a helper, not a must use handbook. ;)
    While peoples individual views of a pet's value don't affect its actual rarity, they do absolutely affect what will happen when you are trading with said individual. Just because two pets are a fair swap for one another doesn't mean your trade partner has to accept.

Now I offered a Red Toxic and a Sorbet for a Yellow Toxic, which is more than enough, and they cancelled the trade because they didn't like either of the dogs I offered! How is that fair??? :evil:
    Chryseis wrote:The thing about pets is, its all about what people are WILLING to trade them for. There are like 3 groups on CS. The People who KNOW their rarities and who will pay a sun jewel for a zebra. Then there are people who just trade what they think is a good trade, as in they will trade a rainbow mane for a guinea pig because they prefer the guinea pig to the horse. And then there are the people who are only interested in adopting and care nothing for rarity or value. And those people are often the new players who get ninja'd and scammed. Store items are a bit of a hassle as well, because people like me who pay REAL money for the items, dont want to trade them away for just a common pet from the past few months. . . . Its all about supply, demand and what people are willing to actually pay for . . . its hardly every about rarity and value. . . . to be honest its more about looks xD

The list of pets by demand doesn't look right! A lot more people want the Gray Dragon than the Sun dog!
    Keatchi wrote:This Is The Technically Correct Version by how many users have them on their wishlist, while ours is just one mixed with rarity and demand. Supply and demand, catch my drift?
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "The" Rares List Guide

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Last edited by Jeweled on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Last edited by Keatchi on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Last edited by Memories on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:32 pm

-
Last edited by DaDwarf on Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me