The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

The General Helpers

Postby Nadine » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Welcome to Chicken Smoothie!!

Hello, hello :D We all welcome you to this wonderful site.
    I hope you will enjoy your time here, and take advantage of this wonderful community by visiting and chatting on the forums. Who knows you might just find a few friends here! ^^

If you have any questions about the site, or the forum and are in need of some help or guidance, we would be only more than willing to help you out!

Eagle's Eye - Eagle's Eye has been part of the CS community since 2012, and is fluent in both English and Chinese. She is familiar with most of the rares list and would be happy to answer any questions that are related to trading or pet values. Apart from those, she will also gladly help you with any general forum or basic BBCode questions. Eagle can be easily found on various forum games and CS discussion threads. Her inbox is always open!

| Aloy | - Orchid Sprig has been a member since 2009 and a Helper since 2011. She was a moderator for a few years, so she is very well versed with rules across the site. She also is good at BBCode formatting for signatures and posts. If you need any help with the forums in general or coding, feel free to send her a PM.

Wobbuffet - Wobbuffet has been a member of Chicken Smoothie since early 2016. She is pretty experienced when it comes to BBCode and Chicken Smoothie in general, and loves answering questions relating to either. Wobbuffet can usually be found hanging around the Oekaki forums, especially the Adoptable Oekaki section. She loves getting PMs, and her inbox is always open!

Swishy & Broken - Swishy & Broken has been a member of CS since 2010. She spent a majority of her years on the site roleplaying or doodling on oekaki, making those her specialties. Her general knowledge of the site is pretty vast as well, so she's always thrilled to help out with questions regarding those things too. If someone has a basic question about BBCoding she knows enough about the language to solve any issues as well. Her DMs are always open and she'd be excited to lend a hand if you have a question or just wanna make a new friend.

axelandria - Axel has been on CS since late 2015, and became a GH in mid-2021. They can often be found in the Suggestions + Help board, as well as the Introductions & Newbie Guides forum! They are fluent in English and French, and is most experienced in navigating the forums and CS in general. They're always happy to chat about anything, just send them a PM!

Lennie - Lennie has been a member of CS since 2008. They are most often hanging out in Chicken Smoothie Discussions or the Help/Suggestions forum and are pretty experienced with pet values, trading, and general site knowledge. Len speaks English, Japanese, and Spanish and they would be happy to answer any questions you may have, or just chat if you're looking for a new friend. Their PMs are always open!

Aurora Storm - Aurora has been a CS member since 2009, she is an experienced trader and has extensive knowledge in release dates and rarity changes. She can also assist with general forum questions and BBCode. Typically you'll find her on the CS Discussion forum and the Suggestions & Help board throwing her thoughts around and answering questions, but she's always happy for a private chat as well!

You can always find us anytime, in the Legend provided at the bottom of the forum pages:
    General Helpers

How to PM

PM is short for Private Message. New and old members alike, feel free to PM us anytime and we will respond to your query ASAP. If you have a question, and are unsure how to message us take a look here. It is much easier than you may think. Here are two easy ways to send a PM: either click the little icon you see to the right of the post, or click the player's name and then select "New PM." See the image below.

ImageImage

Please remember that we have no abilities like a moderator does. Questions involving bullying, harassment, swearing, art theft, etc. Should be reported by using the report feature on a post, or written in a message and sent to a moderator.
    Global Moderators - Oekaki Moderators - Roleplay Moderators

Helpful links

GH FAQ

Q. What exactly are "General Helpers"?

A.
    Tess wrote:The General Helpers are regular users who have volunteered to help out, and they will do their best to answer questions you have about the site or forum.

Q. Can I be a General Helper?/How do I become a General Helper?

A. If Tess decides she needs more General Helpers, she will likely make a post about it in the 'Announcements' section of the forum. Last time members needed to apply with a form that she supplied. It would likely be the same way in the future.

Keep in mind that, if you're aspiring to be a General Helper, there is no better way than by your own examples. if you truly love helping members, you should do just that :]

Q. Do General Helpers have Special Powers?

A. Totally, we can shoot lasers and all that cool stuff. Well no, not really. We are just a group of volunteer members, the same as any normal member. The only thing different we have is the Salmon pink name, and this is to make it easier for new members, or members with questions to pick us out of the crowd.
Last edited by Nadine on Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 48 times in total.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Newbie Helpers

Postby Zarouhi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:39 am

You guys are awesome! I wish i could be like yall, um, if i'm not allowed to post here i'll delete if you tell me too

zarouhi
she/her
adult

❤ benepotentia ❤
my dAmy howrse
vallerianskalons

hobbyist artist
college student
sig & avi by me
Zarouhi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:14 pm

how did you know all that stuff from the other newbie helpers? it seems a litte stalker-ish, but VERY VERY VERY helpful(: I like the way you welcomed everyone to CS and added links/tutorials for ppl to follow(:

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:18 pm

qwertyuiop123 wrote:how did you know all that stuff from the other newbie helpers? it seems a litte stalker-ish, but VERY VERY VERY helpful(: I like the way you welcomed everyone to CS and added links/tutorials for ppl to follow(:

Hehe *stalks* ;)
I asked them all to tell me about themselves more or less, and then tried to put it together in a small, information packed blobs lol.

Thank you for the compliments, I just followed Tess' suggestions on how she wanted it written out :)
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 am

WildDragonfly wrote:
qwertyuiop123 wrote:how did you know all that stuff from the other newbie helpers? it seems a litte stalker-ish, but VERY VERY VERY helpful(: I like the way you welcomed everyone to CS and added links/tutorials for ppl to follow(:

Hehe *stalks* ;)
I asked them all to tell me about themselves more or less, and then tried to put it together in a small, information packed blobs lol.

Thank you for the compliments, I just followed Tess' suggestions on how she wanted it written out :)

it would also be cool if you could give descriptions for everything like a oekaki guide for beginners, a forum guide, a adopting-a-pet guide, you get the idea(:

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:37 am

qwertyuiop123 wrote:it would also be cool if you could give descriptions for everything like a oekaki guide for beginners, a forum guide, a adopting-a-pet guide, you get the idea(:

Do you mean visual guides? There are a few guides for navigating the forums already, and as for adopting that is pretty basic and can be explained easily if someone has confusion.
Oh and LIG created a throrough guide for these things here Tips for newbies!!!.
I should probably add that to the list of Helpful links.
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emilyg2014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:14 am

lol congrats guys! I "auditioned" for this but didn't make it- though I think I'll still stick around a little to help out the newbies. <3
My Dream Pet (if anyone cares), is a Jewelry Sun. <3
From Blu!<3<3
ImageImageImageNow Selcouth -> Image
emilyg2014

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WildDragonfly » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 am

emilyg2014 wrote:lol congrats guys! I "auditioned" for this but didn't make it- though I think I'll still stick around a little to help out the newbies. <3

Hello :)
Thank you emily ♥ and I am sorry things didn't work out for you. Either way, there is definitely nothing wrong with you sticking around to help out new players as you said. Just something simple as welcoming is always such a good and nice thing to do for our new players.
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emilyg2014 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:09 am

Definitely- I didn't get welcomed like this when I was a newbie, but I think the new members should now. ;)
My Dream Pet (if anyone cares), is a Jewelry Sun. <3
From Blu!<3<3
ImageImageImageNow Selcouth -> Image
emilyg2014

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Aracne » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

I have seen your posts Emily, you are very nice and we thank you for greeting the new members.

I am hoarding SPIDERS (3587 so far), I will love to take any unwanted or unliked ones, just send the little guys I will take care of them!!
Lady Aracne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me