Dear CS Staff...

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Dear CS Staff...

Postby Keatchi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:29 am

Please keep in mind that this is not only for Tess, or only for the artists... This goes for everyone, even the International Mods.<3
Well, here goes my letter of appreciation.... ><"

--
Dear CS Staff...
When I joined CS the first thing I did was to post on the introductions forum, where I was greeted by an array of people. Who could have set such a good example? I can only guess the mods did it. Learning the ways of CS, I adopted dogs and posted on trade threads. By then I knew who the mods were... I was amazed at how well the forums were moderated. Dropping by the international boards, I discovered gleefully that the moderators here simply chatted with others who were learning languages or practicing, just for fun!On previous pet sites that I had become familiar with, mods/owners were completely unthinkable to be friends with, or that they just couldn't really talk to the regular people. I would later learn that all mods loved talking to people- Or most that I know. XD
The first time that I got a trade from a mod, I wasn't too sure whether to accept it or not, and two sides formed in my head. Cancel the Trade: You already have the pet that they're offering and you kinda like the pet they want! Accept the Trade: C'mon, they're an almighty staff member! Eventually, my wits gt the best of me and I canceled it saying 'Sorry'. Still, it was one of those funny moments in my CS history. x3
Whenever a staff's birthday would come around and a pet released for them, I'd always give a little smile to the computer screen. These are real people, I told myself, with real lives (though some of you may protest otherwise), with real family, real dilemmas... Just like me, except that they take time out of their day to help Tess- for free, no payment - to just support Chicken Smoothie in their each, own unique way. Wow, I said. Dedication much? x3
About ChickenDollars... When they appeared, all I remember was controversy. Many feared that the items would turn CS into Neopets (which would be bad), while other rooted for more. I was stuck in the middle, both fearing and encouraging. Soon after, I learned that some people didn't mind buying them just to trade them, and that they weren't hard to get. A spare dog here and there that you might find would be worth a bunch of items or a costume! Hey, I told myself, this isn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be and in no way near as bad as it could have been. This C$ stuff was alright. <3
Another thing; Artists here are amazing. I mean, I've tried drawing dogs, maing emplates, coloring in templates, etc, but none are half as good as the pets on this site. 'Nuff said.<3
Memories... Ah yes, I just picked a good one. ^^ So one day I posted in the Fun Ways To Use Items thread with my Target dog. He had an arrow quiver, and the quote was "Hopefully when he's on the Archery Course no one will hit him by accident..... xD". Not thinking too much of it, I went to check my trades and then I came back to see if anyone had liked it. I saw Tess' username. My expression? It was this; OWO. Her comment was "rofl :lol: ". I was totally estatic. I took screenshots, told my sibling, jumped around... And after deciding a response (which took a while, y'know, it had to be perfect! :lol: ) I said "Glad you liked him, Tess. ^^ Anything to make your day! :D". And that ends the memory.... Haha, I won't ever forget that infamous moment.
To those who bash ChickenSmoothie, let it be insulting items, saying which dogs shouldn't on the site, etc., those actions just slap a mod or artist in the face. I mean, yeah, constructive criticism is okay, and so is opinion, but to openly insult something someone worked hard on? C'mon, guys. These people work so hard making adoptables every month that I think we should all support them, just as an act of kindness if need be!
Okay, so let me rant about another pet site (which I will not name). The head mod would always be mean to me, and snooty too! (And no, I wasn't a n00b... ">>) The owner would always have a close inner circle of friends and it'd be hard to talk to him. The forum wasn't havily modded, and well.. A few things got to me. Sometimes if you hadn't been on the Livechat last night, you'd miss something everyone would talk about for weeks at a time. Most items I like were unattainable, and pets were not seemingly the center of the site... Chatting was. When I joined ChickenSmoothie... Well, let's just say that I was never an active member on that site after that. Actually, I was never an active member again on any other pet site. o.o That just goes to show that I vote ChckenSmoothie the #1 PetSite!
This is Tessa's Little Part Right Here...- When I realized that even Tess (the magnificent, holy, unbelievably wonderful Tess) talked to the common people, I was like O.O Oh. My. Gee... The owner of this site talks to us! Of course I did a little dance, told my sibling.... I just couldn't believe it. This, I think, is probably one of the best traits a person in staff can have. I was so amazed at the simple and caring tone she used when talking to us commoners, friendly too! Not on a high horse, or snooty at all! Just perfect. ^^ I guess, if you think about it, that's what creates the UR pets, like the banana... No? Anyway, I really appreciate the time she takes out of her life (full of school) to support this pet site. [Not to leave Nick out. ">>]
Well, to this day I don't have many mod-friends, or in fact, know any of them too well, but I hope to get to know them better in the future just bit better. :]
But who am I to write this long of a letter, to admire the CS Staff, to recognize them as generous individuals? Go ahead, post, and tell them how much you like their work or appreciate their time! You can do it! ..And you know just a simple "Good Job!" will make their day.* ^^

I just hope the staff realizes how much we support them.
Best of Luck,
Spock
p.s. Or for those few fans of Star Trek, Live Long and Prosper!

*--> Don't flood their inboxes with PMs. ">> They would eat me! Just post here or something. owo"

--

!"Sister" Topic!
Last edited by Keatchi on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#skateboarder #bilingual #surfer #poet #panrom #ace #transnb
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

my sibling Cinnamon. and i often trade as well as use the same IP adress.

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dear CS Staff...

Postby Keatchi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 am

Opening Bump...

Edit:
I made a banner to put in your signature!
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=88279][IMG]http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/Commander_Spock09/Chicken%20Smoothie/Letter2Staff.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Image made by Libertas
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=88279][img]http://i41.tinypic.com/11a8jns.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Keatchi on Mon May 03, 2010 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keriae » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 am

I like the letter. I am 100% behind you!
Keriae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keatchi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:47 am

ThankYou!
^^
Go Staff!
32°10′55″N 93°54′24″W
this is my thanks

don't ban us please c:
Keatchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Aracne » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:16 am

Beautiful letter Spock!
I agree with you 100%
Thank you all CS Staff!!

I am hoarding SPIDERS (3587 so far), I will love to take any unwanted or unliked ones, just send the little guys I will take care of them!!
Lady Aracne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blondbananamix » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 am

fantastic letter XD chickensmoothie has become so brilliant
blondbananamix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celestial » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:31 am

A beautiful letter, and I agree for the full 120% with you ^^
...................................................................................

...................................................................................
Celestial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adakie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:33 am

Nicely written and quite true~! <3

This is one of the only sites I"m on where I actually talk on the forums. It's such a wonderfully accepting community, and that's thanks to everyone, staff of all kinds and active users, keeping a friendly and warm attitude and being helpful.
adakie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Earthbound » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 am

I believe you spoke the opinions of many cs members, Great letter!
Its so true, I love how the staff of CS actually associates with us, at most sites this never happens. It allows a much more personal air and we get to know the people who make this wonderful site happen!=D
We love you CS staff =]
I'm in major need of help naming hundreds of nameless pets. Most of the pets ungrouped, in my growing groups, and all the pets in the "In Need of a Name" group need names. Please help? o.o
Earthbound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 am

Thats a wonderful letter it must have taken you a while to write it.
Go CS STAFF! You all rock so hard
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me