Behind the Mask || A Masquerade, semi- lit rp! (accepting!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

Postby Typical Aquarius » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:43 am

Many years ago, in a town similar to this, there was a growing generation of nobility; the children were all rotten, mean, horrible people, but such was society at the time. That very year started the tradition of the yearly Masquerade ball. All the young nobles from the most influential families were invited to attend the party at the mansion on the hill. The ladies, and even the gentlemen, wasted no time in demanding the finest masks, made of silk and jewels and all manner of expensive things. Their parents spared nothing, acquiring the finest of materials for their children, all the better to escape their wrath. When the night of the ball arrived, the great mansion was a sight to see. Ladies with masks sewn of diamonds, rubies, feathers, silk, and all manner of beautiful things; men, mysterious in their simple but elegant guises, all were ushered into the party. A night of dancing and merriment commenced, but little did the guests known that their happiness would soon be interrupted. As the clock struck midnight, the candles were extinguished, earning screams of frightened amusement from the ladies, and even some of the men. Those playful screams quickly turned to screams of terror as the grand masks adhered to the skin of the partygoers. Others screamed in pain as tails, wings, horns, grew; all the better to match their new selves. A voice was heard, telling the partygoers to change their ways within a year, and their masks would once again be just that: masks. The young nobles left the party in shame, scarves and hoods covering their faces. They tried to run, tried to hide, but somehow situations presented themselves, giving the nobles opportunity to better themselves. Some did, and they returned to their beautiful, albeit more pleasant, selves; others, though, did not change and were doomed to be set apart for the rest of their time among the living…

Every child knows this story in one of its variations. After all, it is a modern Beauty and the Beast. But, only our Chicago socialites know this version of the story. As one of these socialites, you have been invited to the party of the year, the annual Masquerade. As the child of the one of the wealthy, influential families of the city, it is imperative to make a stellar impression at this event. The night promises to be full of fun, dancing, drama, and maybe a little bit of romance!

The event, though differently themed every year, is always the same. Food, friends fun, generally in that order. But, this year it is different. All the young heirs and heiresses have heard the urban legend, but they thought it was just that: a legend. As the clock strikes 12, the lights go out, and 14 of the guests become the characters they have assumed for the night. Girls with angel themed masks suddenly are sprouting white, feathery wings, and men with splits masks suddenly have multicolored swirls twining up their hands and arms. Others receive minor punishments, but those 14 are the worst. A voice rings out, much as in the legend, telling the young adults to change their ways, lest they be stuck that way forever…
Typical Aquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Typical Aquarius » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 am

This is a roleplay with a strict plot. We are not going to take forever to get through it, but it is going to take long enough to be fun, without being boring. We start with our lovely characters going to the ball, and then they are changed. After they are changed and their parents realize what happen, they are confined to the house to await their fate, and see what will happen to them. There are servants and such around the mansion, that in theory will help the children change their character flaws. I will decide when the plot progresses, so please do not take it upon yourselves (:

The character flaws are based off the Seven Deadly Sins.
These are:
Vanity (Pride)
Gluttony
Avarice (Greed)
Sloth
Envy
Wrath (Anger)
Lust.

Here is a guide to what those mean, and how you might incorporate that trait into a character.

(for example, if you picked lust, you might have your character fall in love, instead of just having a physical relationship with someone)

There will be two characters which embody each sin; a male and a female. There is a set number of main characters, but not of supporting characters. The supporting characters are just as important, as they will help the teens break their curse! (if you want to have your supporting characters receive little modifications from the curse, feel free. just remember, they do not have a 'vice' like the others, and they are to help the main 14 to break the spell.)

That being said, here is our cast of characters:

Vanity (Pride)
1. open!
2. Hunter (Hunt) Lee Evans | straight | 19

Gluttony
1. Raelynne (Rae) Mia DiGrazio | straight | 15
2. Jacob Joshua (Josh) Hinton | straight | 18

Avarice (Greed)
1. Qaspiel (Qaspi) Tyler Sablo | bisexual | 18
2. Lucas (Luke) Demetri Bennett | bisexual | 19

Sloth
1. Skylar (Sky) Jo Sinclear | lesbian | 19
2. Ashley (Ash)Elliot Brookes | straight | 17

Envy
1. Ivy Van Young | bisexual | 19
2. Wren Skye Briht | bisexual | 16

Wrath (Anger)
1. Kalika (Kali) Annabel Kai | bisexual | 19
2. Holton (Holt) Brockman | unknown | 18

Lust
1. Maeghan Rose (MaeRose) Darcy | pansexual | 18
2. James Micheal Jones | straight | 19

Supporting Characters:
Matteus (Matti) Jones Copin | bisexual | 18
James (Jay) Michael Ashton | straight | 19
Kala (Kae) Alessandra Monet | bisexual | 19
Jezebel (Jez) Reyana Rianes | straight | 16
Amalie (Ami) Renee Morigan | bisexual | 17
Last edited by Typical Aquarius on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Typical Aquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Typical Aquarius » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:45 am

Last but not least, our favorite post, the one with rules and character forms!

Out of Character Rules:
1. Follow all of Tess's rules. That's a given.
2. No godmodding.
3. No Sues.
4. While posting, at least 5 sentences per character. Use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
5. Only recap if you miss more than 2 pages.
6. Include all of the members as much as you can.
7. If you are talking OOC, please use (( )) or { }
8. No more than 4 characters per person, and only 1- 2 of them can be Sinfuls.
9. Do NOT post your form until it is finished. It simply clutters up the feed.
10. Unless I specifically invited you, or I have rped with you before, please PM your form to me. I don't want insufficient forms cluttering up the feed.

In Character Rules
1. No one is allowed over the age of 19, starting out.
2. No dating your own characters.
3. Nothing explicit, in speech or action.
4. Characters must leave the house for interaction every so often. They cannot spend the entirety of their year in the house.

If I find you are not following my rules in a satisfactory way, I will PM you. After two PMs, I will ask you to leave the rp.

If you have read my rules, make sure to delete everything that is in parenthesis from your form!

Character Form:
Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]Username:[/b]

[img]Put%20image%20here![/img]

[b]Character name (full; first, middle, last)[/b]
[b]Nickname (if none, strike out):[/b]
[b]Age (none over 19):[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, straight):[/b]

[b]Height (feet and inches)[/b]
[b]Weight (pounds)[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Skin tone:[/b]
[b]Description (describe picture and characteristics in detail; add piercings, tattoos, and birth marks)[/b]

[b]Personality (detail! no 'it will rp out'! at least 5 good sentences!):[/b]
[b]Vice (one of the Seven Deadly Sins!):[/b]

[b]Mask:[/b]
[img]Put image here![/img]
[b]Outfit (describe mask and out theme {mask themes would be something like fish, cat, fox, angel, bird, demon, split}):[/b]
[b]Modifications from spell (such as wings, ears, tail, swirls on the skin...):[/b]

[b]Literacy Example (1- 2 paragraphs. people I have rped with before are exempt):[/b][/size][/center]

Supporting Character Form:
Code: Select all
[center][size=85][b]Username:[/b]

[img]Put%20image%20here![/img]

[b]Character name (full; first, middle, last)[/b]
[b]Nickname (if none, strike out):[/b]
[b]Age (none over 19):[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, straight):[/b]

[b]Height (feet and inches)[/b]
[b]Weight (pounds)[/b]
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Skin tone:[/b]
[b]Description (describe picture and characteristics in detail; add piercings, tattoos, and birth marks)[/b]

[b]Personality (detail! no 'it will rp out'! at least 5 good sentences!):[/b]

[b]Literacy Example (1- 2 paragraphs. people I have rped with before are exempt):[/b][/size][/center]

Last edited by Typical Aquarius on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Typical Aquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Behind the Mask || A Masquerade, semi- lit rp! (acceptin

Postby .Live.Love.Laugh. » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 am

[center]Username:

Character name
Alexis Moon Selvon

Nickname:
Alex, Moon

straight

Height:
5'7

Weight:

Hair color:
Honey Blonde

Eye color:
Icy blue

Skin tone:
Tanish

Description:
Alexis has sleek model tpye build to her, and is fit and lean. Her hair is about 16 inches in length, and is rich honey blonde color is usually curled or straightened. She has peirceing blue eyes that look like shattered ice. She all about hooking up with boys so she has to have great ass and boobs. Her curves could be better but she a moderen say juliet. She has slender hands feet and legs, and always has a heavenly glow about her. She is always looking her best in holding to date Hunter. Being so full of her self she has the worldest tightest worabe it conists of skin tight dresses and skirts. She dose have one flaw though that's her face she has very nice cheeks and looks but she has short stubby chin which she covers with makeup to make it look not as notice as able.

Personality:
Alexis is the meanest chick you'll ever meet. She quite funny around boys and her friends, but if she is a bad mood she the worlds worst. She has seen many thing though her life the have softened her heart a bit. She is all round funny, a witch and worlds greatest freind. She is all ways full of her self and very self loving. She puts her self before everything expect boys, being as pride full as she is she hardly shows any emoints around men and women alike. Alexis is hard to talk to sometimes because is either looking in. Mirror or doing something with her self image.

Vice:
Pride

Mask:
Outfit:
Long White flowing dress with tight bossel and White shimmering Diamonds across the top. With nice layered white silk. Alexis mask is cream colored with long White feathers coming off of it. The tight dress shows off her curves and has bi of black in it to make her stand out as she moves across the dance floor.

Modifications from spell :
Large set of heavenly White angel wings will come from her shoulders and if she dose it right they will shirk and soon fall away.
Last edited by .Live.Love.Laugh. on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.Live.Love.Laugh.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soul Of Space » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 pm

Username: Insanity's Kisses

Character name: Qaspiel Tyler Sablo
Nickname: Qaspi, Ty
Sexuality: Bisexual

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 125
Hair color: Cherry Red
Eye color: Bright Blue-Green
Skin tone: Porcelain Ivory
Description (describe picture and characteristics in detail; add piercings, tattoos, and birth marks): Qaspi has slightly curly, shoulder blade length cherry red hair and bright blue-green eyes. Her porcelain ivory skin makes her bright eyes and dark hair seem to pop, rather than just be there. Her body is an hourglass figure, is rather curvy, and she is a little tall. She has three tattoos, one that comes up her entire right side, one that lies on the inside of her right hip, and one that lies upon the inside of her left hip. She also has her bellybutton pierced, and tends to wear cropped tops to show off the dangly naval ring she wears.

Personality: Qaspiel is a sweet, caring girl with a colorful personality. She has a ‘red’ side, a ‘white’ side, and a 'yellow' side. Her ‘red’ side is her angry, sharp tongued, short tempered. When in this state, she is often known to lash out verbally. Her white side is calm, collected, quiet, and shy. This state makes her seem more civilized. When in her ‘white’ state, she won’t speak unless spoken to, and will often do as she is told. Now, her 'yellow' side is a bubbly, sweet side, that also mixes a bit her of shyness in. She tends to be a little more outgoing, though, and quite flirty when around others- though mainly with men. She enjoys flirting, though tends to just tease.
Vice: Greed

Mask: Image

Outfit: Her dress is bright red, ruffly, though has accents of gold and rubies. There are little little red and gold roses along the upper section of the dress, though randomly placed, and don't exactly look as if they actually belong there. While her mask is simply red and gold with a single gold, red, and dark pink rose on the left side. Small red feathers frame the upper part of the mask, making it look as though it has wings.
Modifications from spell: She has bright red wings that poke out between her shoulder blades, and red swirls upon her left shoulder.
Last edited by Soul Of Space on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am quitting Chicken Smoothie.
I will only be on for the pets and roleplays with close friends.

I can be found off-site for roleplaying. If you need to contact me, do so here, and I may grant you my information.
Soul Of Space

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Typical Aquarius » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

Character Name: Maeghan Rose Darcy
Nickname: prefers to be called Maeghan Rose, but answers to Mae and MaeRose
Sexuality: 'pansexual' (she will basically get with anyone!)

Height: 5 feet, 6 inches
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair color: Medium red
Eye color: Grey- blue
Skin tone: Pale white
Description: Maeghan Rose is a slim girl of medium height and medium build. She has lithe, subtle muscles that outline her arms, and especially her long legs. She has a very curvy, feminine figure. To put it bluntly, she's got great curves, great boobs, and a great ass. She is very classically beautiful, with a sweet but elegant face. Her beautiful red hair reaches to the middle of her back, and naturally falls in graceful curls. Her pale skin is always clear, and all but shines most of the time, whether with natural beauty or makeup, no one dares to ask. Her blue grey eyes and pink lips are always perfectly accented, as are her long hands and fingers, with some kind of cosmetics. She is almost always seen in a short skirt or dress, but if she is not in that, she is in something equally flattering. Though she is not short, she is never seen in anything less than 3 inch heels, unless she is around the house... er, mansion.

Personality: Maeghan Rose is the typical spoiled rich girl. Her daddy is very influential, and therefore she things that she is entitled to anything she might ask for. That attitude transfers to people, too. She hates being told no, and throws fits when people don't bow to her wishes. Other than that, though, she is a sweet girl. She loves her friends and family, and is very loyal... when it suits her anyways. She is a complete flirt, and some would even say a slut. She will sleep with anyone, and she dresses to her low standards. Risque outfits are her forte! She is almost always happy, and a smile is constantly seen on her face.
Vice: Lust

Outfit: Maeghan Rose decided to wear a plain, long blue dress to the Masquerade. At strategic places, there are sequins and glitter to catch the light as she moves. To go with that, she paired a fish mask, made of blue and green silk, with jewels sewn on to add sparkle, and look like scales. Her hair is put back in a loose braid, hanging over her shoulder lazily.
Modifications from spell: Of course, she has the fish mask adhered to her face. But, a fine covering of sparkly blue and green scales are covering her hands and legs. If she succeeds in conquering her Vice, the scales will drop as she progresses.
Typical Aquarius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Chrissie~ » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Username: Chrissie

Character name: Ivy Van Young
Nickname:
Sexuality: Bisexual

Height: 5'7
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair color: Dark brown, almost black
Eye color: Emerald Green
Skin tone: Lightly tanned
Description:
Ivy is a youthful girl, who has the brightest emerald eyes that you have ever seen. She is lightly tanned, and has rich dark brown hair that comes right below her ear, that curls outward at the ends, and she has swooped bangs that she often plays with when she is unsure of something. She is of average height and is a bit curvy, especially in the hips, and chest area. She usually likes to dress causal, throwing on a t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, and she almost always has a hoodie in tow. She has; however, decked herself out in her two favorite colors for the masquerade, black and green. She has a small sparrow tattoo on the back of her neck that is rarely noticed, that is mostly green, but has hints of yellow, blue, and red speckled throughout its tail feathers.

Personality:
From Ivy’s simple appearance, you would never guess she came from a wealthy single mom family, but her mother is a very powerful lawyer in town. She has all she ever wanted in life, and more; however, she is always on the prowl to find the latest and greatest gadget (jewelry, clothing, electronic, boy/girl). And trust me, she always gets what she wants, or else! She goes to great lengths, knocking who or what so ever she needs to. She often plays the game (situation) to her advantage, whether it be she is a bully, or sweet as pie. She seems to be a social butterfly at times, but on the inside she is rather lonely as she often longs for a real family life and a father so she can embrace her tom boy side. She does have a hand few of friends in her life that are like family to her, and she is beyond loyal to them, even when they take complete advantage of her. She still holds her head up high and never lets anyone see how badly she really is hurt. She does long for someone to come in her life to open her up, and relieve the pressure she feels from being such a power lawyer’s daughter.
Vice: Envy

Mask:
Outfit :
Dress
Shoes
The only difference from the links above is the lace pattern on Ivy's dress matches the pattern on her mask and shoes.

Modifications from spell:
Ivy has Ivy leaves embedded into her skin, that twists and twirls on every inch of her body, and is woven into her hair.

Literacy Example:
Last edited by ~Chrissie~ on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Chrissie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Skylar

Postby Cydnezz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Username: Cydnezz

Character name: Skylar Jo Sinclear
Nickname: Sky
Sexuality: Lesbian

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 200
Hair color: Dark brown and golden brown
Eye color: Hazel
Description: Skylar has a set of snakebites which she typically wears, though she often nervously chews on them until they break. She has a tattoo of a Rainbow colored eye of Horus on her left upper shoulder. Below her tattoo along her upper arm is heavily scarred. She is also covered in scars along her stomach, on her thighs, sides, and chest. She is certain though, that these are never seen, for her parents can get very violent when they become displeased with her behavior.

Personality: Skylar is fun loving and playful, but she has a very bad issue with just submitting. She simply isn't motivated enough stand up for herself. She is just apathetic about the entire situation. She is entirely unconcerned with the way things are. While she doesn't expect things to ever get any better for her, she does have moments of recognizing when things are wrong, but she simply doesn't realize that things can be changed. She doesn't really understand how changing things can be possible. Her entire life has been about jetting things go because they were out of her control.
Vice: Avarice (Sloth)

Mask:
Outfit:
Modifications from spell: Skylar now has a tail, ears, pawed hands and feet, a mane of blue fur running down her back to her tail, and a slightly muzzled face.
Cydnezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cydnezz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Username: Cydnezz

Character name Hunter Lee Evans
Nickname: Hunt
Sexuality: Straight, with bisexual tendencies

Height: 180
Weight: 6'4"
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Dark chestnut brown
Skin tone: Darkly tanned
Description: He has a pair of nipple rings that he is most proud of, but also a few track marks on the insides of his arm. He's just about perfect in every way aside from his very severe addiction to drugs, which are provided to him by his parents. They keep him pumped full of steroids and stimulants to keep him at his peak physical state. Granted he is hugely deformed now, but they still give him what he wants to keep him from showing himself in public and disgracing their name.

Personality: Hunter is very much into himself. He knows that he is sexy and isn't afraid to say so if asked. He is kind though and caring, often going out of his way to help someone, if he feels like it. He thinks that he can do anything better than anyone and gets frustrated when others disagree with him. He hates being corrected even when wrong, after all, he's never wrong.
Vice: Pride

Mask:
Outfit: His mask is all about being powerful and wealthy, symbolizing his superiority to others.
Modifications from spell: The crown of the mask is adhered to his face, showing off how much better than others he is. He feels like royalty compared to them and believes he should rule. this is accompanied by grotesque bits of jewels scattered along his body, jutting out from his skin often with jagged and dangerous spikes and edges.
Cydnezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Chrissie~ » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:26 am

Username: Chrissie

Character name: Holton Brockman
Nickname: Holt
Sexuality: Unknown, but tends to act, and appear Straight

Height: 6'2
Weight: 200 lbs
Hair color: Dirty blonde (blonde/light brown)
Eye color: Brown

Description: Holton appears to be a preppy, high class guy, but to be honest no one knows anything about his home life. He is slightly taller than most people he knows, at 6’2, but is much smaller in size. He isn’t really built, except in his arms, from the occasional visit to the gym. He is clean shaven, sporting a baby face that is soft and silky. He has curly blond hair that is cut short and neatly on his sides and neck line. He has rich brown eyes that he uses to charm his way out of anything, especially with the ladies. He is only lightly tanned as he hates the tanning bed, or hanging by the pool on a regular basis. H has a tattoo on his upper left arm of a simple Celtic knot that is just in black, and has the same pattern.

Personality: Holton is rather quiet and generally keeps to himself. He doesn’t really air his dirty laundry out much, and in fact no one really knows much about him, his past, or his home life. In fact, no one even knows how long he has been in the community. He kind of just appeared out of the middle of nowhere. Holton in fact, does have a past, a not so good one. Holton, no matter what emotion he really is feeling, only expresses himself in rage. He gets beyond angry, and will destroy just about anything in front of him, and I do mean anything: cars, rooms, property, and people. You name it, he’s destroyed it.

Vice: Wrath (Anger)

Mask:
Outfit :
Holton is wearing a black suit, which is made of a silky kind of material. It tailors to him very well, and makes him appear to be bigger than he really is. He has on a black button up shirt, with a white vest, and a red tie. It all goes very well with is black masquerade mask, which is mostly black, and is the full length of his face. It also has some white eye liner on it, as well as some downward strokes of red on it.
(See link for a small picture)
Suit!

Modifications from spell: After the spell is cast at the masquerade, Holton’s full face mask will be affixed to his face. If Holton shows any sign, no matter what size, of rage, his mask will seal over his lips, leaving him with the inability to speak or make any sound at all, until he has calmed himself down, and regain control of himself.

Literacy Example:
~Chrissie~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me