║Mythic Camp║Semi-lit Fantasy Role-play║Accepting!║

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which are based on a book/movie/tv show/band e.g. Twilight, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, One Direction etc.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Please remember to read all the rules stickied at the top of the board before participating in any roleplays.

║Mythic Camp║Semi-lit Fantasy Role-play║Accepting!║

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am

Table of Contents:
1. Introduction and Other Things <----- You're here.
2. The Camp and Mythical Creatures
3. Rules and Submission Forms
4. Campers, Crushes and Relationships
5. Weather, Updates, and Recaps
6. Reserved for Future Use.

Introduction:

Face it. You've never been normal. Rather you have unbelievable, unexplainable powers or you're a mythical creature, you must certainly aren't a normal teenage kid. For all your life, your parents have been figuring out what to do with you... That is, until now.

Mythic Camp is located in Transylvania, the birthplace of the most famous myth, Dracula. It isn't really a camp; rather a giant castle that was built in Transylvania times; which the reasoning for the building was unknown. It was abandoned long ago, which the abandoning was also unknown. The castle was soon inhabited by the founder of Mythic Camp, a werewolf named Xerxes whom had passed on long ago. He found that it was a suitable place to hold at least forty different mythical creatures.

After those long years of waiting, Mythic Camp is finally thriving with members. With the many things that happen in the castle walls, life is bound to be interesting when you come to the castle. Of course, there have been some things going on lately that the castle directors dare not to say to the campers. No one can be sure to why they are keeping quiet about it. People are bound to find out what the huge secret is.

Other Things:

This is like my third fantasy role-play on this website... Wow, that's sad. Anyhow, since there were hardly any semilit mythical, fantasy, etc. role-plays that I like I decided to make my own.

Onwards with the explanation; there currently isn't any plot to the whole role-play at this point but there will be soon once people join. For now, relationships, crushes, etc. can be formed over the time of the plotless role-play... Then there can be drama when the plot actually does come in. I'm expecting their to be lots of death with the coming plot; if it does get to that.

Anyhow, read on for the submission forms, rules, etc. to join.
Last edited by TheTravelingWriter on Tue May 17, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Camp and Mythical Creatures

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 12:05 pm

The Camp:

Pictures of the Camp. (I do not take claim to these pictures. Copyrights all go to the owners.)

Castle from the Outside:
The castle is mostly in the heart of a really dense forest on a giant, rock platform. Its pretty large compared to most castle, with beige stone sides and red roofs. It's somewhat unstable considering how old it is, but that doesn't stop the campers from living their lives safely inside its wall. Also, there is a magical barrier that makes it look like a giant rock platform to the humans.

Dining Room:
The dining room is huge compared to a lot of castle dining rooms. Chandeliers hang from the ceiling, giving the room's red walls a fabulous glow. The table seats at least fifty people at max, though there are only forty available slots in the castle. By the way, don't be scared by your servants for the meals; they're a bit on the dead side.

Bedrooms for the Camp Directors:
The bedrooms for the Camp Directors are by far the best bedrooms out of the castle. They stand at the highest tower side by side, making it easy for the camp directors to see danger coming. They have king sized beds for the camp directors, whom have their own rooms. There are curtains that can keep the sun from filtering in if the camp directors wish to sleep in the daylight; or if they are vampires. The walls are covered with beautiful, deep red paneling with elegant gold designs on the walls. There is one bathroom, two sofas, and one bed for the camp directors. Also, there are elaborate paintings all around.

Campers' Bedrooms
The camper's bedrooms are much less fancy than the camp director's. Yes, they are nice, but you have to share with one other camper no matter what you say... Unless you have a contagious, deadly disease of some sort; that would be the only possible excuse. There is one queen sized bed that can be shared, as the rooms are shared by the same genders, or someone can sleep in the couch that is located close to the bed. There is a bathroom that must be shared.

Library:
The library is grand, indeed. It's huge, being two floors, and one of the biggest rooms in the whole building. The first floor is dedicated to all the books that aren't the average books you'd expect in a library; the books include ancient texts, stories of the gods, religious texts, and many more. (Which means if you want to find a good book from the current times then you would have to visit a different library.) The upper floor is dedicated to a lounging area with a large fireplace that is often used in the winter time.

Other locations in the castle:
-Art room
-Grand entrance
-Grand ballroom (Used only on special occasions.)
-Servant's quarters (Located in the basement; sort of a gathering place for the ghost servants.)

Outside locations:
-Archery range
-Horse riding stalls
-River

Rules of the camp: *may be broken*

1. You must be awake by seven am. Breakfast is served at 7:30 AM and goes until 8:30 AM.
2. Lunch is served at noon and ends at 1:00 PM
3. Dinner is served at 5:30 PM and ends at 6:30 PM
4. No sex, drugs, or fighting unless it is sparing.
5. Everyone must be in bed by ten.
6. Girl's cannot be in boy's rooms at 9 PM and vice versa.
7. Whatever you do, do not go into the East wing of the castle.

Mythical Creatures:

Click here for a full list of mythical creatures.
Last edited by TheTravelingWriter on Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Submission Forms

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Rules
I know you hate them, but we gotta have them to keep society in check.

-All of Tess' rules apply; this means if you want to do it with another character then put *timeskip with _____* (Only if other person agrees.)
-This is semi-lit. That means that the minimum is three sentences per a character, per a post. Each post must have decent grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. but it does not have to be perfect. (Spelling errors are fine every once in a while.)
-Mary-sues/Gary-stus, Godmodding, powerplaying, etc. is not tolerated here.
-The only immortal characters here are the vampires... Unless they get killed by a stake or something. This means that immortality/invincibility does not count as a power.
-The vampires and werewolves are not the ones from Twilight. I'll kindly explain to you the differences between a wolf shape-shifter and werewolf if you need it.
-No being your own crush/lover.
-If your character is a mythical creature (vampire, werewolf, etc.) then you cannot have your two powers. A mythical creature already comes with a set of powers.
-Two powers per a character that isn't mythical. (Every shape-shifting form other than human counts as a power.)
-Give us a sign that you're talking in OOC.
-Please try to keep the genders equal. It gets annoying when there are 10 females and 2 males.
-No one day relationships. Relationships don't *poof* happen like that over night. If your character likes a character then get to know them then become boyfriend and girlfriend (Or whatever relationship it is.) Also, ten and eleven year old children don't have interests in relationships.
-I have all rights to add and alter rules as the role-play continues. I also have all rights to decline your form.

Submission Forms:
There are a few submissions forms, but you don't have to fill them all out. (Also, delete everything in parenthesis)

Code: Select all
(INSERT PICTURE HERE IF YOU HAVE ONE.)

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]How long he/she has been at the camp:[/b]
[b]Mythical Creature:[/b] (Ignore this if your character has powers.)
[b]Powers:[/b] (Ignore this if your character is a mythical creature.)
[b]Written Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b] (+3)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (+3)
[b]History:[/b] (Cannot put to be RP'd, or anything else like that.)
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] (Anything is accepted.)
[b]Crush:[/b]
[b]Boyfriend/Girlfriend:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b] (Optional.)
[b]Other Information:[/b]

Camp Director:
I will be accepting two more camp directors. One of them has to be a male while the other can be either male or female. *Must fill out character form as well as this form*
Code: Select all
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (17-19)
[b]Why he/she should be Camp Director:[/b]
[b]Are they mentally sane?:[/b]
Last edited by TheTravelingWriter on Tue May 17, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Campers, Crushes and Relationships

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Campers:

There are forty slots open for characters in this role-play; twenty males and twenty females. Multiple characters are allowed, but please do not make a lot of characters that you probably won't role-play with.

Name/Age/Powers or Mythical Creature/Sexual Orientation/Relationship Status/Role-player/Page Number (Any side notes.)

Females:

1. Arlette Beauchene/17/Daughter of Aphrodite/Straight/Looking for relationship/~*Saga*~/Page 1 (Camp Director)
2. Keaira Kingman/16/Half human half dragon/Straight/Looking for relationship/KilljoysRule/ Page 1
3. Jade Evans/15/Skinwalker/Straight/Open/I<3Sasuke/page 2
4. Echo Tikera/17/Narecenintsi/Straight/Open/- R.enewa.l -/page 2
5. Mira Hayes/16/Controls light and can talk to diurnal animals/Straight/Open/hope32/Page 3
6. Arim Hayes/16/Controls darkness can talk to nocturnal animals/Straight/Open/hope32/Page 3
7. Kari Tahirah Kendis/16/Addoneus/Straight/Open/Laugh!Love!Live!/Page 3
8. Amy Arbuckle/13/Werewolf/Straight/Not interested/NotBobrox/Page 6

Males:

1. Kahjere(Jere)/Appears younger than he is/Demon of some sort/Straight/Not interested in relationship/Kyle/Page 2 (Possible camp director?)
2. Johnathon Jones/15/Telekinesis and lightning/Straight/None/Muhahahahahahahaha/Page 2
3. Damian Altair Uccello/18/Talk to birds and storms/Bisexual/Impress him/~*Saga*~/Page 1
4. Jayden Garret/17/Shape-shifter (Wolf and hawk)/Straight/Open/hope32/Page 3
5. Donovan Kendis/17/Can control earth or plants and read minds/Bisexual/Open/Laugh!Love!Live!/page 3
6. James Arbuckle/9/Lion shape-shifter and fire breather/Straight/Too young/NotBobrox/Page 6

Crushes and Relationships:

Crushes:
None

Relationships:
None
Last edited by TheTravelingWriter on Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Weather, Updates and Recaps

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Weather:

There is a new day in role-play every two days in real life.
There is a new season in role-play every three real life weeks.

The season is spring; the season of rebirth as many explain it to be. New life is being brought into the world each and every day, as well as the buds in full bloom each day. There's a gentle breeze blowing the weather around. Some days it is hot, some days it is cold and rainy. It all depends on what the atmosphere decides.

Updates and Recaps:

Updates:
None

Recaps:
None
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved for Future Use.

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Meow.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ║Mythic Camp║Semi-lit Fantasy Role-play║Accepting!║

Postby Maxxika » Tue May 17, 2011 1:14 pm

((I most likely will join, after I figure out what kind of creature to call my guy. A demonish sort of thing... not sure.) Just letting you know someone is here.))
Maxxika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PLEASE-DELETE! » Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

(Will join later!)
PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!

THANK YOU.
PLEASE-DELETE!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alexvstheworld » Tue May 17, 2011 1:35 pm

WOW, A LOT OF AWSOME INFO. This looks really cool :D
Her dragon form: http://library.thinkquest.org/07aug/001 ... dragon.jpg http://drakenmeester.x-press-u.nl/uploa ... -white.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3295/305 ... cf17e1.jpg Basically a big, white dragon :D Her human form http://static.desktopnexus.com/thumbnai ... mbnail.jpg http://media.photobucket.com/image/rece ... evz2-1.jpg http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_image ... egirl1.jpg http://muryou-anime-wallpaper.net/wallp ... all960.jpg
Username: KilljoysRule
Name: Keaira Kingman
How long he/she has been at the camp: For about 2 years
Mythical Creature: Half-Dragon Half Human
Powers: The basics, can breathe fire and ice (only in dragon form), and like all dragons, can control the elements (both in human, half-half, and dragon)
Written Appearance: Has white hair, therefore her dragon form is white. Amber eyes, slim body, but has always been extremely strong. Pale skinned, too. Regular size
Personality: Likes to be painting or listening to music, but will speak up if she needs to. Has never liked crowded places, or lots of people, but once again, will go thru it if she has to. She is not emo, just quiet, and she really hates it when people make fun of her by calling her 'goth' or 'emo'
Likes: Music, books, painting, sleeping and talking with REALLY close friends (+3)
Dislikes: Crowded places (claustrophobia) loud sounds and ice cream (+3)
History: She was born in England, and she was raised to have exeptionally good manners and to talk well; naturally she has a heavy english accent, and she doesnt like it musch cause it ruins the meaning in her words sometimes. Her parents never were quite in harmony with her, and eventually shied away from them. Doesnt have any siblings, and only 1 or 2 close friends at her school. Found out her mythical form in a very gruesome way: she was getting angry at her parents, and evetually exploded on them, killing them both. Thats when they got her in the camp, and she has lived there ever since, besides the shaby apartment thay helped her get. She rarely turns into a dragon completly, mostly her half-half form (wings, tail, claws and some spikes on her back)
Sexual Orientation: Pretty sure she is straight
Crush: Nope
Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Would like one
Theme Song: Extreme by Valora
Other Information: Can turn into her half-half form, which looks like this: http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/ar ... ?id=114706 and can use only the elements. Has two daggers with her at all time, in her ankles
Last edited by alexvstheworld on Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
alexvstheworld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheTravelingWriter » Tue May 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Accepted.

Username:
~*Saga*~
Name:
Arlette Beauchene
How long he/she has been at the camp:
4 years.
Mythical Creature:
Demigod (Daughter of Aphrodite)
Powers:
Written Appearance:
Stature- Arlette stands at about 5'6" with a lean, long legged build from being in track and football (Soccer in America). She has a slight build, somewhat visible but not too much, and a tan from being in sports. Her limbs are thin and shapely considering she's slightly underweight. Many would describe her as beautiful enough to be a model, but she really doesn't believe that.
Appearance-Arlette has dirty blonde hair that falls to about chest length with the front part of her being dyed black and honey brown. Her eyes are an earthy green shade with the green being darker on the outside parts of her irises. Her right eye is clouded, as she is completely blind in that eye.
Attire-She likes any hues of brown, green, or mostly anything earthy. She usually wears t-shirts that usually have something about conservation, recycling, or anything that involves saying the earth. She usually wears yoga pants a lot of the time.
Personality:
Let's see what role-play forms her to be.
Photography, nature, gardening, literature, art, pepsi, cookies, cooking, discovering new things, meeting new people, meeting interest people, learning about the past, and many more things.
Dislikes:
Stereotypes (She's been stereotyped far too much), preps, jerks, jocks, depressive people, cocky people, spiders (Has arachnophobia), loud places, disorganized objects (is a neat freak), people whom are against preserving nature, and many more.
History:
Grew up in France (All that I can think of at the moment.)
Sexual Orientation:
Straight
Crush:
Impress her.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend:
Looking for a boyfriend.
Theme Song:
Hey Hey by Superchick
Other Information:
-She has a very slight French accent, and she can speak French since it is her birth language.

Username:
~*Saga*~
Name:
Damian Altair Uccello
How long he/she has been at the camp:
A few weeks
Mythical Creature:
Powers:
He can talk to birds and control storms.
Written Appearance:
Stature: Damian is tall, standing at about 6', with a lean muscular build. He's actually a bit underweight and, despite his muscular build, is considerably scrawny compared to most people. He's long legged with shapely arms that are used to holding hawks on his arms.
Appearance: Damian has short, gray-blue hair that falls to about chin length with dark red eyes that seem to give him an eerie feeling to him. He has a sharp facial structure, a bird like facial structure as people explain it to be, that adds on to the eerie aura around him. His ears are also pierced; both ring piercings in each ear. As for attire, you'll have to refer to his picture to explain it.
Personality:
Let's see what role-play forms him out to be.
His hawk, Griselda, dark places, the silence, heavy metal music, and many more.
Dislikes:
People who want to know about his past, crowded areas, loud noises, and many more.
History:
No one can be sure about his history. Good or bad, no one can be exactly sure of what he really is. (Aka I haven't thought it up yet.)
Sexual Orientation:
Bisexual
Crush:
Impress him *have fun with that*
Boyfriend/Girlfriend:
None
Theme Song:
One Winged Angel on Final Fantasy soundtrack.
Other Information:
-No one really can be sure of his past since he doesn't open up about it.
Last edited by TheTravelingWriter on Wed May 18, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jules he/they
TheTravelingWriter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me