CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Postby SabrinaB » Sun May 08, 2011 10:26 pm

CS Items Guide
    Last Update: March 2019

This guide is a compilation of the rarest items on CS, and provides tips to evaluating the trade value of items.
    If you still do not know how to value your item, please go to the Item Worth thread to ask about it.

>>> How much is this Item worth? <<<

----------------------------------------------------------

Change History:
    Nov 2016 - Halo revalued
    Jan 2018 - DIY Cake Set, Store Xmas Decos & Animal Eggs 1-4 revalued
    Dec 2018 - Store Scarves revalued
    Mar 2018 - Values updated to remove List references

Parts of this guide is out of date.
    Some items now go for a lot more than their values listed here.

We are currently updating the values of items on the guide.
    Please help us by posting trade links HERE and joining in the discussion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
  • Read the front page before posting.
  • If you see someone posting something irrelevant (such as asking the worth of an item), do not respond to them. Report their post as off-topic so it can be removed. Replying to them just adds more spam for the moderators to clean up.
  • You are welcome to post relevant discussion in this thread, such as discussion around the worth of items that have a listed value in the guide that you think needs updating, tips you think should be included in the guide or any other guide-specific discussion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links
    CS Item Wiki
    How much is this Item worth?
    How much is this worth in C$?
    How to use the Search Function guide

How to value Items

Free Store Items
    If the item is still available in the store and has been for a long time, and is free to acquire, it is only worth a recent low value pet such as an omg so common, very common or common.

Current Store Items
    If the item is still available in the store, you now know its C$ value. To determine its pet value, search the How much is this worth in C$? thread to find pets valued at the same C$ price.

Discontinued Store Items
    These items tend to be very rare and you should find them listed in the CS Rare Items List below. If the item was free while it was in the store, consider it the same as a regular release item.

Regular Release Items
    These items were released for a limited time and are no longer available. There are a number of things to keep in mind when deciding their values.

Valuing Regular Release Items - Quick Guide

1. Identify its last release date
    2. Determine its supply (how many were released and was it easy or hard to acquire)
    3. Determine its demand (likability, usability)
    4. Determine if it is a set fragment (this may decrease its value slightly unless it is the popular piece of the set)

If it is a recent pet, you might like to consider it worth an uncommon from its release month.
    Increase its value above a pet from its release month if it has a lower supply and/or higher demand.
    Decrease its value below a pet from its release month if it has a higher supply and/or lower demand.

Valuing Regular Release Items - Full Guide

> Date of last release
    If the item was released multiple times, the last date it was released is the important one. Let's say an item was released in April 09 and April 11. For trading purposes, its release date is April 11. This indicates it is likely worth a pet that was released at the same time. You can use the Item Wiki and Item Archives to determine a pet's release date if you don't know it offhand.

> Number of released items
    When the item was released, if you could only acquire one or two, all is good. If you could acquire a lot of them though, such as the confetti which was released as a stack of 25 items, the individual items are now worth considerably less and you should value it at a later pet than its release date.

> Method of release
    If the item was difficult to acquire, for example it came from an event banner that did not give it out often, required a token trade-in or was a token itself and thus commonly traded in for pets, the item is worth more than a regular item that was acquired through a guaranteed adoption.

> Demand / Likability
    Is it a nice item that lots of users will like, or something rather boring? The more popular the item, the higher value pet it is worth. For example, a plushie would be worth more than a party hat released in the same month because more users would like the plushie and be interested in collecting it and thus there is more demand for the item. A plushie might be worth an uncommon pet from that month or a previous month, whereas a party hat might be worth a common or more recent pet.

> Usability
    How commonly is the item used? Some items may not be as likable as others but are still in high demand because they are more usable. For example a rock may be more boring than a plushie, but it is likely users will only want a single plushie while they may need many rocks to decorate one of their pets. Items such as rocks, grass, water, flowers and other scenery items are very popular, and items needed for popular movie dress ups such as bow and arrow sets are useful to a lot of users. This increases their value over items that a user may only want one of.

> Event Items
    Event items tend to get a small boost in popularity around the time the event reappears as it prompts many users to go searching for past year items that they have missed. So past Halloween items may see a slightly demand boost during a current year Halloween.

> Complete Sets vs Set Fragments
    A complete set of items will have a higher value than a single item as the user gets more items out of the deal. Set fragments however may be considered a slightly lower value because it creates more work for the user who is collecting the items, as they now have to go and find a bunch of other traders with the other parts of the sets. In short, full sets are worth a lot more than set fragments. It is also very difficult to value set fragments, particularly from large sets such as the DIY Cake Set.

Things to Consider about Items
    - Items are never rereleased on a regular basis unlike pets that are released on Dec 18, so each year they stray further from the value of the pets, but it is not linear because older items have "missed" more rereleases than newer items

- Items weren't released from the Pound until December 2018, when the Lost and Found was started.

- Items did not have a wishlist until 2013, so it is likely that many older/no longer active users did not trade their items to newer/active users because they did not realise they had an item that user wanted so did not offer, and the other user did not realise that the person they were trading with had that item so did not ask, and instead they used the pet wishlist to come to a trade agreement

- Items cannot be sorted into locked and unlocked groups so it is likely that users lock up items they wouldn't mind trading in order to protect the rest of their items

- Items don't see to move around much, and the vast majority of fair trade questions do not involve items, indicating it is likely more older items are sitting on inactive accounts compared to older pets

Notable High Value Items
    The following items aren't on the Rare Items List below, but are notable for having a higher value than usual.

2010 Store Monster Eyes are hard to find and go for an early 2010 rare each at last valuation
    2011 Elven Set was going for a 2010 rare at release
    2011 Easter Special Eggs (Drink Me, Rose, Icecream, Fried Egg) go for mid 2010 uncommon at last valuation
    2010 Halloween costumes are hard to find and probably goes for 2010 rares now.
    2010 Halloween Puss in Boots sword is harder to find than the rest of the set and is worth a rare on its own
    2010 Halloween pets/toys (Count Bunnicula, Vampire Squiddies, Shadow Creatures) don't seem to be around either, again probably go for 2010 rares.
    2010 Christmas items that are in high demand like the Ice Fairies and Baby Birds probably go for rares now?
    2010 Gold Easter Egg Token is very hard to find and likely worth a rare on its own due to its low supply. The other colours are also difficult to find but the Gold egg is the most valuable.

Credits
    Very special thanks to Orchid Sprig for all the help!
    Special thanks also to Pear, Tastyslap, Spiky Peanut Butter & SabrinaB.
    And ofcourse Solloby, who managed this guide from 2011 to 2019

Last edited by SabrinaB on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 158 times in total.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CS Rare Items List

Postby SabrinaB » Sun May 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Semi Custom Items

The following items were released in very small quantities, are not located in the CS Item Archive and are not considered requirements for having a complete item collection. It is possible that some of these items are still in circulation, but due to the very small supply available they would be extremely expensive. Their exact prices are not known as they are very rarely traded, but be prepared to offer VR and OMGSR pets. The most valuable item on the site, the Rainbow Smoothie, is worth more than any pet currently on the site.

Rainbow Smoothie
10 released in 2009
Given to users who took part in a specific conversation. Additional information.
Value: Multiple OMGSR Pets

Vampiric Birthday Hat
8 released in 2012
Given to users who completed Vampiric's Hat Challenge at Anthrocon.
Value: Multiple OMGSR Pets

Dark Chicken O's Hat
? released in 2009
Given as prizes for Vampiric's Chicken O's Contest.
Value: OMGSR Pet(s)

Light Chicken O's Hat
? released in 2009

Chicken O's Shirt
? released in 2009

Chicken O's Flag
~35 released in 2009
Given to participants of Vampiric's Chicken O's Contest.

Most Valuable Items

The following items are the most valuable, expensive items on the site aside from the Semi Custom items. They are very rare and hard to find, and are worth VR or even OMGSR pets, mostly due to how low their supply is.

DIY Cake Set
~560 released in 2011
Given to participants of the CS Birthday Contest.
Full Set Value: OMGSR Pet
Cake/Icing: Christmas 08 Pet each
Piping/Candy/Sprinkles/Candle: Early 09 Rare/VR each

Very few remain as complete sets, many had pieces traded off individually. The individual pieces vary in value, with the cakes being the most sought after. Each user was given one of each cake, icing and frosting piece, and multiple sprinkles, candles and candies. The values are approximate and it is not unusual to see them go for more. The full set value has increased from mid main rares list to high main rares list over the past few years as they become harder to find.

Store Christmas Tree Decorations
    Christmas 2009
    Full Set Value: OMGSR Pet
    Garland/Lights: Aug - Sept 08 Pet each
    Baubles: Christmas 08 Pet each

Full Set Contents: 1 Tinsel, 1 Lights, 6 Round Baubles, 6 Thin Baubles
    Not to be confused with the multicoloured Free Christmas Tree Decorations released as the same time.

Animal Eggs 1 & 2
    Easter 2009
    Value: Aug 08 Pet each
    ImageImage

Animal Eggs 3 & 4
    Easter 2009
    Value: Sept 08 Pet each
    ImageImage

Christmas Halo
    Christmas 2008
    Value: Sept 08 Pet
    Not to be confused with the Store Halo, or the Halloween 2011 Halo.

Store Christmas Scarves
    Full Set Value: Aug 08 Pet
    Individual Value: Sept - Christmas 08 Pet each

Oct/Nov 08 Rare/Very Rare

The following items are worth approximately the same amount and are listed in no particular order. They are worth a rare or very rare pet from October or November 2008, or something of similar value.
ImageImageImage

Pocky - Christmas 2008
Reindeer Plushie - Christmas 2008
Angel Wings - Valentine's Day 2009

Early 09 Rare / Very Rare

The following items are worth approximately the same amount and are listed in no particular order. They are worth an early 09 rare or very rare, or something of similar value.
Individual Items
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Red Rose - Valentine's Day 2009
Leopard Plushie - Valentine's Day 2009
Party Cat Plushie - 1st CS Birthday 2009
Party Butterfly Wolf Plushie - 1st CS Birthday 2009
Party Mouse Plushie - 1st CS Birthday 2009
Party Lion Plushie - 1st CS Birthday 2009
Sunback Plushie - Christmas 2009
Nonjewel Plushie - Christmas 2009
Sunjewel Plushie - Christmas 2009
Dogtag Plushie - Christmas 2009
Malk Staff Dog Plushie - Christmas 2009
Totoro Plushie - Christmas 2009
Malk Fairies (each) - July/August 2009

Sets
ImageImage

Store Christmas Jacket & Pants - Christmas 2009
Cupid's Arrow & Quiver - Valentine's Day 2009

Mid 09 Rare / Very Rare

The following items are worth approximately the same amount and are listed in no particular order. They are worth a mid 09 rare or very rare, or something of similar value.
Individual Items
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

08 Santa Hat - Christmas 2008
Flower Tail Bracelet - Valentine's Day 2009
Heart Shaped Glasses - Valentine's Day 2009
Love Hearts - Valentine's Day 2009
Lipstick Kiss - Valentine's Day 2009
Horse Ghost Costume - Halloween 2009
Store Monster Eyes (each) - Halloween 2010
Malk Horse Plushies (each) - Christmas 2009
Malk Sitting Dog Plushies (each) - CS Birthday 2010
Malk Standing Dog Plushies (each) - Christmas 2009
Kitty Cat Plushie - Christmas 2009
Puppy Dog Plushie - Christmas 2009
Fox Plushie - Christmas 2009
Sitting Horse Plushie - Christmas 2009
Mouse/Rat Plushie - Christmas 2009
Rocking Zebra - Christmas 2009
Partridge in a Pear Tree - Christmas 2009
Three French Hens - Christmas 2009
Two Turtle Doves (each) - Christmas 2009

Sets
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

White Easter Bunny Outfit - Easter 2009
Jack O' Lantern Pumpkin Carving Set - Halloween 2009
Rat Butterfly Wolf Costume (per colour set) - Halloween 2009
Snowman Set - Christmas 2009
Black Cat Pony Outfit - Store Item retired in 2011

Late 09 Rare / Very Rare

The following items are worth approximately the same amount and are listed in no particular order. They are worth a late 09 rare or very rare, or something of similar value.
Individual Items
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Red & White Christmas Scarf - Christmas 2008
Red & Green Christmas Scarf - Christmas 2008
Red & White Christmas Socks - Christmas 2008
Red & Green Christmas Socks - Christmas 2008
Tess Birthday Animal Balloons (each) - CS 1st Birthday 2009
Tess Birthday Squiddy Balloon - CS 1st Birthday 2009
09 Decorative Easter Egg (each) - CS 1st Birthday 2009
09 Halloween Candy Token (each) - Halloween 2009
Halloween Ghosties (each) - Halloween 2009
Eros Fairy - Valentine's Day 2010
Pink PenPen Plushie - Valentine's Day 2010
Red PenPen Plushie - Valentine's Day 2010

Sets
ImageImageImage
Silly Glasses (both) - April Fool's Day 2009
Pilgrim Outfit (set) - Thanksgiving 2009
Free Christmas Tree Decorations (tinsel, lights, star tree topper + 5 of each bauble) - Christmas 2009
Last edited by SabrinaB on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 18 times in total.
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: In progress

Postby Solloby » Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Spare Post, you may post now.

Please add items if you know their value.
Not ready for items that you don't know their value yet, will get to them later.
Not doing current C$ store items.

Please let me know if you think something is valued wrong.
Last edited by Solloby on Wed May 11, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Items Guide - Input needed

Postby | Aloy | » Mon May 09, 2011 12:45 am

The dark Chicken-O's Hat and light Chicken-O's Hats need to be added. I looked them up and and they are said to be worth 5-6 August/Julies. And the dark one is worth slightly more than the light.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leays » Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 am

I find this to be a very good idea. But since I'm not on very often, I'm not too sure about the worths anymore. ^^;
I can still come on and assist though. This will make it much easier for people. Thanks for making it.
lea ✧ she/her ✧

leays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuchi » Mon May 09, 2011 3:48 am

Wait i got it, but is a sunback plushie also malks? Someone said it was worth a 2009 rare
Schnuchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Mon May 09, 2011 3:55 am

Really? I thought all the chicken o items were worth the same. And there are no '09 commons...

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 am

Easter Special Eggs (2011) - Drink Me, Rose, Icecream, Fried Egg is rough order of value?

What are these?
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NocturnalPanda » Mon May 09, 2011 4:47 am

Apple of Awesomeness wrote:Really? I thought all the chicken o items were worth the same. And there are no '09 commons...

The Chicken o's items are not worth the same. The flag is the least rare of all the items because everyone who entered the competition got one. The other items (t-shirt and 2 caps) i believe were rarer because they were only given to people who placed, there were three categories and 3 places for each category. (i could be wrong)
So i think there are only (rough estimate, there may be more) about 10ish of the T-shirts and maybe one or two more hats then t-shirts, i think there are probably more as they are not as rare as the Rainbow Smoothies. I think the T-shirt is the rarest, then the Dark hat, then the light one. there are about 35 flags around i think.

I heard that the t-shirt is worth roughly a sunjewel, not sure if its correct or not but i heard it from an experianced player, i forget who. So only a bit less than a Rainbow Smoothie.

Everything i just said will need to be checked but i think the numbers of the items are about right.
NocturnalPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy Figs » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 am

And by the way, the 09 animal eggs are worth WAY more than an 09 common (to my understanding)

Every Dog PPS in the game achieved 7/3/18!
Galaxy Figs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me