Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby andy; » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 am

So update on Ollie!!
Ollie is doing monumentally better. It turns out, after keeping him under observation for a few hours, he started exhibiting classic snuffles symptoms. So, we treated him with a low-grade antibiotic along with yogurt, syringe-fed him water every few hours, and kept him separate from the others.
After a few days, he began to eat! Now he's running around and growing his hair back!

๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Glass Of Water wrote:So update on Ollie!!
Ollie is doing monumentally better. It turns out, after keeping him under observation for a few hours, he started exhibiting classic snuffles symptoms. So, we treated him with a low-grade antibiotic along with yogurt, syringe-fed him water every few hours, and kept him separate from the others.
After a few days, he began to eat! Now he's running around and growing his hair back!

That is awesome news!
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Glass Of Water wrote:So update on Ollie!!

Oh, that is absolutely wonderful to hear! You must have been pretty scared XD
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:45 pm

Not much new going on here, rabbit wise! I adopted another guinea pig a couple weeks ago tho. lol

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am

Hello,
I just found myself in the care of a 4-month-old lionhead bunny and despite the research, I'm trying to do I was hoping for some advice. I have him blocked off in a section of(A rather large section too) he keeps jumping at the barrier and trying to get out what can I do to help keep him occupied.I know he doesn't like being confined as he throws a fit whenever I close him in his cage even for a few mins. I plan to go get him some toys but he won't even pay attention to the ones he already has(other than my cat he loves her already.

I would love any tips and tricks for raising a bunny feel free to message me or post on here to reply.
ToxicHeaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:18 am

ToxicHeaven wrote:Hello,
I just found myself in the care of a 4-month-old lionhead bunny and despite the research, I'm trying to do I was hoping for some advice. I have him blocked off in a section of(A rather large section too) he keeps jumping at the barrier and trying to get out what can I do to help keep him occupied.I know he doesn't like being confined as he throws a fit whenever I close him in his cage even for a few mins. I plan to go get him some toys but he won't even pay attention to the ones he already has(other than my cat he loves her already.

I would love any tips and tricks for raising a bunny feel free to message me or post on here to reply.

Oh boy. Sounds fun. xD lol

Things to jump on, things to go under. Things to chew.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:34 am

I didn't find this chat when my old man american rabbit Ace was still around but I'm adopting a black mini rex in the next few weeks.

Here's a photo of him provided by the rescue; I've met him in person and he's so sweet <3
His name is Charles, but since that is the rescue's name and a human name doesn't seem very fitting for pets in my eyes I've renamed him Banjo; just the way he bounces around reminds me of one ???

drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

He has such kind eyes!! I love the name Banjo. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:36 pm

kodiak โ™ก wrote:I didn't find this chat when my old man american rabbit Ace was still around but I'm adopting a black mini rex in the next few weeks.

Here's a photo of him provided by the rescue; I've met him in person and he's so sweet <3
His name is Charles, but since that is the rescue's name and a human name doesn't seem very fitting for pets in my eyes I've renamed him Banjo; just the way he bounces around reminds me of one ???

Awh, he looks like he has such velvety fur c: The name Banjo totally suits him? May I ask, how old is he?? <3
Out of curiosity, XD
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby drift. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 am

thank you so much leia, and yes- his fur is so light and soft xD

He's 9 months old, only four pounds since I last checked in on him. I can take him home in a week after they neuter him and get his last round of shots.
drift.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me