Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: why me

Postby König » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:03 pm

333lk22 wrote:he wasnt allergic to the fleas it was the oil we used T~T we did use that medicine and we tried using it for a year but it didnt work and it was extremely difficult to get it on my cat since he doesnt like to be held. my dad for two years every night combed my cats fur with a flea comb while using the medicine and giving him baths every once in a while. its almost like the fleas are just endless. i have a plan for next winter when there are not many fleas im going to have my dad flea bomb the house and try and give the animals flea baths and hopefully that will kill them all T~T. nd yeah i do need to get a new lid for my snake's cage. luckily i use a glass cage so its really heavy

Well, at least he wasn't allergic to the fleas, that could have been uncomfortable. Some brands seem to work better than others, but you can't help it if the cat doesn't like being held hah. It's most likely the eggs, it's possible he is missing the eggs plus if you do decide to try that medicine again, is that you should flea bomb the house right after. Or do the alternative of giving your cat a bath before or after flea bombing. Your plan sounds like it will work, hopefully the fleas do all die. That's good that the cage is heavy, it should keep the cage from falling or tipping. Did you use any shampoo on your cat? I used dawn when getting rid of the fleas on my cats, it seemed to work well. Anyway, hopefully your cat's fleas are going to be gone. If they get scabs it gets so much worse, trust me. There is only one way I know how to deal with the scabs, which is a bath, a very long bath.

𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟𝕟𝕪
𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕤𝕦𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕟𝕒 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕
He/Him | Oct. 23rd
AuDHD | CoD brain rot
𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕖𝕔𝕙 𝕀'𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕟, 𝕀 𝕘𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕕
ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤, 𝕤𝕒𝕪 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥- 𝕐𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟
*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
König

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Happily Wrathful » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:42 pm

we used an animal shampoo on him but my dad claims its super hard to give him a bath. he actually did have scabs on his neck for a while and he re-opened them a lot but they recently went away and its been a few months. my dad stopped combing his fur recently too because he had been getting home from work too late and for some reason, my cat started to not like it and didnt want to sit still. i really do hope it works i feel really bad for my cat.

what really makes me mad is that the only reason he has fleas is the stupid pet store (pet co) didnt tell us he had been born feral and had fleas. he was supposed to be flea free but now here we are.
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby König » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:57 pm

333lk22 wrote:we used an animal shampoo on him but my dad claims its super hard to give him a bath. he actually did have scabs on his neck for a while and he re-opened them a lot but they recently went away and its been a few months. my dad stopped combing his fur recently too because he had been getting home from work too late and for some reason, my cat started to not like it and didnt want to sit still. i really do hope it works i feel really bad for my cat.

what really makes me mad is that the only reason he has fleas is the stupid pet store (pet co) didnt tell us he had been born feral and had fleas. he was supposed to be flea free but now here we are.

Yeah, cats are so hard to bathe. My cats haven't scratched me but they always scratch my parents. My black cat has scabs from the fleas, since they recently were exterminated. He's very clingy as well so, yeah. Maybe he decided he didn't want to be brushed anymore and wants to be stubborn. That's ridiculous that Petco didn't tell you that, that information is very important. Pet store vets aren't always the best choice I guess, though I only go to the humane society for my cats since It's all I can afford, hah. How is your cat by the way? I realized I should know before giving information that might only work on older cats, since two of mine are five, hah.

𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟𝕟𝕪
He/Him | Oct. 23rd
AuDHD | CoD brain rot
*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
König

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Happily Wrathful » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:21 pm

hes about 4 years old i think? possibly 5. yeah pet co vets suck, the only reason we got him from there was that our other cat had recently been taken away (not because of abuse, its a long sad story) and we went into pet co while waiting for our food to be ready in the i hop next door. they had some kittens on display and my sister and i managed to convince our dad to buy us one.
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby König » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm

333lk22 wrote:hes about 4 years old i think? possibly 5. yeah pet co vets suck, the only reason we got him from there was that our other cat had recently been taken away (not because of abuse, its a long sad story) and we went into pet co while waiting for our food to be ready in the i hop next door. they had some kittens on display and my sister and i managed to convince our dad to buy us one.

My two boys are five, and my female is one. I know this isn't relevant but the boy's birthdays are on June 16th and The female's is on labor day. Anyway yes they do suck, I volunteered at a petco working with the cats. The reason we adopted the other cat ( R.I.P Thelma ) was because our other cats were constantly looking for our old dog ( Taken, not abuse just yeah. ) plus she was such a beautiful cat, she was the last one. My mom had been convinced all that was left was my dad, he said yes hah. But yeah unfortunately we had her for about 8 months maybe, then she got F.I.P. So, we were never told she had fleas, or even had the chance of getting F.I.P. Yeah losing an animal sucks, especially if you aren't even told about their health problems.

𝕃𝕦𝕔𝕚𝕗𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕣 𝕁𝕠𝕙𝕟𝕟𝕪
He/Him | Oct. 23rd
AuDHD | CoD brain rot
*˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
König

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery