Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

What are you doing for Halloweeen

Nothing
27%
Party
15%
Trick-or-Treat
34%
Fursuiting
24%

Total votes : 1321

Re: Fursuit Thread V2 OPEN (New Poll)

Postby sir stingray. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 pm

So, I want to !ake a fursuit, but I don't know how or where to get started! Could you help?
sir stingray.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Kira:. » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Larkspur1678 wrote:
.:Kira:. wrote:So, I have the partial for my suit almost completed. I made the head, arms, tail, feet, and bought paws and legs. But I haven't made her wings. They are feathered bird-like wings. I really like how these look, but I'm not sure how to go about it. And then there is the problem with attaching them to me. Does anyone have any tips?

For attaching i've seen people make a backpack-like harness for them(elastic should work for small wings) and then cut holes in a shirt they want to wear with the suit so the wings show but not the harness. For the wings themselves it looks like a fur 'top' , fleece feathers with extra stitching to show where they separate, and a little polyfil. It looks more complicated than it probably is, once you get a chibi wing shape drawn out for the pattern I believe you just break it down into the fur half and the fleece half. Just don't over stuff the fleece feathers, and you can use a sheet of foamies to cut out inserts to help keep the shape as well.

Cool thanks! I thought about polyfil but the ones I see usually look like awkward balloons. But I didn't think about adding foamies, I think that should work. Thanks!
.:Kira:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teaparty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 am

Username: puppyeol
Are you a Furry or a Fan: furry
Do you own a fursuit: a suit of my fursona is being built by just fur fun !
If so have any pictures: not yet
Fave thing about the Fandom:the art !
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
▌██
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
CRAZY NOISY
──────────────────────
pj, adult, uni student
☼ pisces ☾ gemini ↑ sagittarius
09/12/22 <3

──────────────────────
BIZZARE TOWN

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

teaparty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenyeen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm

Do y’all know where I could get a fursuit head for $200 Canadian and cheaper?

I know I’m being the cliche “I just want cheap but good fursuit head” blah blah
But I’m too young to have a job (that’s why I’m getting a cheap one, also because I’ll outgrow it)
Thank you guys!
╒ ═══════════ ╕

➵ any pronouns
kestrel & gucci 🌉 🌿
➵ i <3 my pit bull
➵ ☯⛧

toyhou.se | instagram
art shop | longnecks | ©
───────────

└────────────┘

rottenyeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:56 pm

skr skrt spaghettios wrote:Do y’all know where I could get a fursuit head for $200 Canadian and cheaper?

But I’m too young to have a job (that’s why I’m getting a cheap one, also because I’ll outgrow it)
Thank you guys!

Besides making it yourself i've never seen one that low. Materials alone would most likely cost atleast $100, add on the time it takes and room for profit and it's just not a realistic price. Plus having just a head is kinda weird, you'd probably want atleast paws and a tail to go with it, and thats another cost. Just paws start at about $80 for basic ones and can get pretty pricey, my puffy paws cost $220. My personal advice would be to just save up and wait until you're older, you''l get a much better suit and will be able to take it more places.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:07 pm

skr skrt spaghettios wrote:Do y’all know where I could get a fursuit head for $200 Canadian and cheaper?

Thank you guys!

Aside from getting lucky with fursuit heads being auctioned on various fursuit auction sites, unfortunately no. If you want something custom-made that isn't going to fall apart or be poor quality, then I agree with Larkspur, you should save up some more and wait. If you're feeling creative, you could definitely make your own fursuit head with that much money, though.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rottenyeen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Larkspur1678 wrote:

Thank you guys!

Besides making it yourself i've never seen one that low. Materials alone would most likely cost atleast $100, add on the time it takes and room for profit and it's just not a realistic price. Plus having just a head is kinda weird, you'd probably want atleast paws and a tail to go with it, and thats another cost. Just paws start at about $80 for basic ones and can get pretty pricey, my puffy paws cost $220. My personal advice would be to just save up and wait until you're older, you''l get a much better suit and will be able to take it more places.

Oof i have too much anxiety and am too introverted to go to a con, and would never be spotted by anyone in my suit because like nobody knows I’m a furry

I’d just use it to prank my friends... and to pet & show off to others

I will save up
I think there’s probably a lot of decent makers that are just barely known bc they might be kinda new
Thanks! I’ll save up for a few years and get a big boi suit :lol:

Also, thank you Queenie! for the advice. I tried making a suit before.... it haunted my dreams for weeks.
╒ ═══════════ ╕

➵ any pronouns
kestrel & gucci 🌉 🌿
➵ i <3 my pit bull
➵ ☯⛧

toyhou.se | instagram
art shop | longnecks | ©
───────────

└────────────┘

rottenyeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:34 pm

skr skrt spaghettios wrote:
Larkspur1678 wrote:

Thank you guys!

Oof i have too much anxiety and am too introverted to go to a con, and would never be spotted by anyone in my suit because like nobody knows I’m a furry

I’d just use it to prank my friends... and to pet & show off to others

I will save up
I think there’s probably a lot of decent makers that are just barely known bc they might be kinda new
Thanks! I’ll save up for a few years and get a big boi suit :lol:

Also, thank you Queenie! for the advice. I tried making a suit before.... it haunted my dreams for weeks.

A partial from a new, little-known maker that's decent quality is still gonna run around $500 USD or so. Trying to find a head that cheap is going to get you some extremely shoddy work, IF you can even find one at all.
Besides, if you drop the money on it now, with the intention of saving up for a better one later, then you're going to have to save that much more because you wasted it on an extremely low-quality suit. Better to just wait.
Honestly, I think getting a suit in general is just a whole lot of waiting, if you want to do it then do it right and settle in for the long haul lmao
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eaglespirit » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:43 pm

Thank you guys!

You'd have to find a new maker and have a very simple, probably single color design.
You can make one yourself for something like that price maybe
As a comparison, I'm making a partial for someone, with 5 colors, and I'm charging them 600 usd. Keep in mind its my first commission ever and second suit, so I'm mostly just testing the waters
Currently Collecting:
Cats- 8 Left - Lions - UR Lion
2013 - ??
All Advent List Pets - ??

Trades/Chicken$ stores
Rares For Trade
1C$ Each
2 For 1C$ 2C$ and Over
Eaglespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miilk » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:04 am

Eaglespirit wrote:

Thank you guys!

You'd have to find a new maker and have a very simple, probably single color design.
You can make one yourself for something like that price maybe
As a comparison, I'm making a partial for someone, with 5 colors, and I'm charging them 600 usd. Keep in mind its my first commission ever and second suit, so I'm mostly just testing the waters

I actually bought my head for only 80$ but it was a rare catch. I would reccemend looking around and saving more since it is very rare to find a head under 200. I reccemend using EBay, The Dealers Den, etc. I found my head for sale on Facebook strangely but had to drive a whole state away to get it.
Art Shop
☽◯☾
they / them
one love ▽ peace,, love,, prosper
.* .✧・゚.: * .✧🧿✧. *:・゚✧. *.
miilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups