Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

How long do you think a bumping limit should be?

No limit
3%
5 minutes
25%
10 minutes
25%
15 minutes
18%
30 minutes
8%
1 hour (60 minutes)
8%
More than 1 hour
2%
I don't know but I like polls
10%

Total votes : 60

Re: Suggestion: Stricter Rules for Bumping Trade Threads

Postby Zacharie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

i definitely support this! i'm not as active as i'd like to be so being able to have my trade thread on the front page for a longer time so i could come back later and check trades would be a godsend - as would being able to easier search for trading partners, since with such a system in place it'd make it easier to find new people to trade with.
    i also agree with seasonal and coalchaser, and i feel a limit of 10 - 20 minutes or so is absolutely long enough as opposed to hours. i feel hours would put the trading forum at a total standstill which is also not desired when you're trying to find new people to trade with ^^ but a few minutes is reasonable and i don't see it doing any harm!

..P U R I F I C A T I O N

╔══════════════════╗
trade thread
rares list
OFF fanclub
---
was the batter.

xxxFRxxx©xxx
╚══════════════════╝
Zacharie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trenzalore » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm

Birb wrote:
    How is that any worse than what we have now, though? For people who don't have the time or energy to bump every few minutes, that is already the case, and this is a potential solution because it gives everyone an equal chance to be seen.

Why not leave it the way it is then? The point of the constant bumping is so potential trade partners know that you are active. Not everyone wants to have the "visibly online" option, for privacy reasons for one; bumping the thread shows that you are active right now. No one wants to have to guess whether the response time will be quick or last days. I would rather just nix trading someone at all if they go offline and don't respond for days than having it clog my trading center - I want a partner who I know is online.

Birb wrote:
    The current system where people have the ability to bump as often as possible requires a lot of work for moderators... surely more than it would for the frankly quite unlikely scenario of someone paying others to bump for them. I rarely if ever see anyone posting questions on other people's trade threads, it is very easy to just PM them instead, so it wouldn't be hard to just make a rule that you cannot post on others' threads period. In fact, that could probably be managed with an automated system as well.

So what, players aren't allowed to post on others' trade threads at all? I would rather not be restricted in that way at all, not everyone is responsive to PMs, and a second way to ping someone is to post on their thread since a lot of us with trading threads have it bookmarked so we can see who was the last person to post there as well as quick access.
Lovingly Pro Choice
Really cool Taxidermy thread on CS, check it out https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=385397
Join Wolf Play with my referral code! I'm Trenzalore over there too. Message me on here if you join with my code and want a common pet from my trade group! :) My pack number is 289891
Trenzalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Littlepaws12 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 pm

I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min
Littlepaws12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:49 pm

Littlepaws12 wrote:I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min

This is a very bad idea. What if you want trades today, but not tomorrow? Or how about someone who isn't even active? And if this auto bump thing does happen, it would mean no one would get seen because it would do that for everyone. Every single minute there would be bumps for (5000/60...) 8,333 new posts every single minute.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wandering Spirit » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Shian wrote:
Littlepaws12 wrote:I think there should be a fuction where you your account auto bumps the thread after abut 30 min

This is a very bad idea. What if you want trades today, but not tomorrow? Or how about someone who isn't even active? And if this auto bump thing does happen, it would mean no one would get seen because it would do that for everyone. Every single minute there would be bumps for (5000/60...) 8,333 new posts every single minute.

Maybe it should only auto-bump with the person is active and has ...here accoutn set to trade bumps?
~ Wandering Spirit ~

|▾ Spirit ▾ Female ▾ Artist ▾ Writer ▾ Animal Lover ▾ © ▾|
| ▾ THFRDESIGN TOS ▾ |

| I'm a writer and artist who enjoys reading, role playing, animals, music and more! I'm up to chatting if you need a shoulder to lean on. | I'm an emotional person, but I adore sad and rock music. I'm a huge feral role-player and I love to write stories! | My best friend is Biscitspack, she's helped me threw quite a bit! |
Credit:| ©
Wandering Spirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Coalchaser wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

I really like the idea of it being automated. I think a set time of 15 minutes or so would be reasonable.

Support for this, 15 minutes seems good

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 pm

Something I think could be added is, if we added more threads on the first page/per page? It could definitely decrease the amount of bumping if there'd be enough. I know that a lot of mods can't really do that, but I feel we could try get this to the coders or whoever has the ability to do this? Please ignore this if it isn't possible 'v'
ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:55 am

I support this idea!
Amethyst The Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:01 pm

irisidium wrote:
Coalchaser wrote:
Seasonal wrote:I would support an automated system that did not let a user make a second post in the CS Trades board until x minutes (maybe 5?) have passed. However, I feel that hours is a bit too long.

I really like the idea of it being automated. I think a set time of 15 minutes or so would be reasonable.

Support. Especially since I see so many people spam bump. I report spam bumpers all the time to staff and it’s prolly annoying as heck for them to have to deal with. That could sort of help their work load? Because as you said, as this site has grown there’s so many more people and a ton of those who bump every minute.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Trenzalore » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:21 pm

quote="ElementalInsanity"
        irisidium wrote:
Coalchaser wrote:

Support. Especially since I see so many people spam bump. I report spam bumpers all the time to staff and it’s prolly annoying as heck for them to have to deal with. That could sort of help their work load? Because as you said, as this site has grown there’s so many more people and a ton of those who bump every minute.[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Support, but only support this as an idea that you opt into through your account settings, you can edit to have it bump every 15 mins, 30 mins, or hour; is slightly staggered so that 99 threads don't update instantly, and only works when you have been online 2 or so minutes before it's time for the system to bump.
Lovingly Pro Choice
Really cool Taxidermy thread on CS, check it out https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=385397
Join Wolf Play with my referral code! I'm Trenzalore over there too. Message me on here if you join with my code and want a common pet from my trade group! :) My pack number is 289891
Trenzalore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me