New! Have Questions!

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

New! Have Questions!

Postby Wrenlet » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:07 am

Hello! I'm new and trying to get a feel for CS and was wondering...

1. What do you think the best way to set-up pet folders are for trading?
I've seen some people who do it by year, and some who arrange pets my animal-type. I'm crazy about organization but worry that too many folders might make people angry when they come to trade with me. Is there anything you prefer in organization when you go to trade with someone?

2. How do you decide what pets to place on your wishlist?
So far I've been browsing through the archive and adding any pets that I like, but that's a lot of pets!! Do you prefer to only list a select few of ones you absolutely must have right away?

3. What is your favorite type of pet and what do you think the most popular pet-type is on CS?
I'm just curious about what people like. I must have all the lions! But I love chameleons and the fantasy-type critters.

4. Is there any etiquette for selecting someone to trade with? Or do you just choose someone from who's online?
I don't have much to trade at the moment, but I would love to trade in future and wonder how best to go about it, and I don't want to offend anyone by accident!!

Thanks for everyone who has been responding! I've read every one but can't figure out how to answer you that I appreciate your messages, lol! Still getting used to forums :P
Last edited by Wrenlet on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wrenlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New! Have Questions!

Postby Viozel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:29 am

1: it really depends on the user. I think that setting it up by rarity or species is the best, but that's just my opinion.
2: how I decide how to add pets to my wishlist is simply if I want them or not. If I think they're cute enough to actually want them, they're going on my wishlist. I also add some rare and very rare pets to my wishlist even if they're not cute, because they're rare and worth more.
3: my favorite type of pet is probably lions. Most people like dogs, but there are some people who like lions, dragons, unicorns, foxes, ect Better, it really just depends on the user
4: usually I got the the trading board and click on people who have threads that say 'trade me!' or something similar, as some other people who are online might not want trades and never reply, or have pets but are mostly on CS for role-playing or drawing, not trading.

I hope this helps, and welcome to CS!
    xx▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    Hi I'm lazy and busy and
    distracted so this is all ya get
    xx▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    link link link ©
Viozel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the skater » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 am

1.I would put pets in folders in rarity, that's just my opinion. Also, I would not make a giant trade folder, that annoys the crap out of me.
2. I would just put pets that you like on your wishlist, also pets that have high demand. Again, it's all up to you.
3. They are all amazing, just keep in mind when trading that some people do not like rats or ponies.
4. I would go to the home page and click on a "trade me" forum. Some people do not like trading, and they may foe you.
Keep in mind, you can always trade with me!!
I love skateboarding and im pretty good!
the skater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NinjaKat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:57 pm

1. For me I tend to go by rarities, but I also put them together by the years as well. Like all 2011 dogs go in 2011 dogs folder and same with the other species. Though if you're not a crazy organized nut like me I would stay with rarity XD

2. Normally what people do is they pick which ones they like or interest them the most. Best thing to do for a beginner is to go through the entire archieves and pick out ones you like the most. Of course you don't need to do this, but it's something fun to do to get to know all the pets on here.

3. My favorite type of pet is the butterfly wolf they just look so elegant. And probably the most popular would be the dog. Though many people do not like rats, horses, or chickens as much. But don't get me wrong there are still plenty of people who like those pets.

4. Normally you just have to be kind say please and thank you. Also read their rules if you can as some people have certain things they prefer you to do.

Other than that enjoy your time here and have fun ^^
NinjaKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WeirdWhiteStarDoggo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:08 pm

- I tried setting it up by pet types, but I've found it just doesn't work for me.
I've also tried setting them up by rarities and that still hasn't worked well for me
at the moment my folders are kinda a mess, so I'm really not eh best person to get an answer on this from :,3
but really the best solution is just what works for you

- it really is just for what you want/like/prefer c:
some people only put exactly the pets they want, others are kinda desperate for good pound catches and only wishlist rare pets
it really just depends on you ^^
so far I've wish listed some high value pets that I do like, as well as store pets from multiple years. but other than that, it has pets that I think are especially good trade fodder or else they're pets I actually want

- my favorite type of pet on CS would be dragons. both western and eastern, but only the fully grown/full size eastern dragons (which there are only like 9 of) second to those would be cats and lions :>
I think the most popular pet-type would be dogs. I have never ever seen a player with "don't trade me dogs" in their rules or preferences
but I've seen it for rats, bats, rodents, horses, chickens, and more
it's easy to have a lot of favorites. that's the beauty of the site. with all of the types and different artists, it's easy to love lots of pets!

- well, it really depends. most often, you may just need to click on whatever catches your eye in the forums and take a chance, or else if you know what you're trying to look for specifically then you can try searching the forums instead
people are vastly different, and favorable trade partners can vary from person to person
some people take whoever's online, others do have a few favorite people with whom they trade with often
⭒~✩💕𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~ 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓮𝓫𝓽💕✩~⭒
💖 ⭒~✩💕𝓶𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓯𝓪𝓿𝓸𝓻💕✩~⭒ .💖

💜 Crasher 💜

I do commissions! I will draw for pets/C$!
PM me if you're interested!

Click the sparkling hearts to see my auctions!
WeirdWhiteStarDoggo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby britneyrox » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:36 am

Hey! I'm Britney, it's nice to meet you! Welcome c:

╔══════════════╗