Pound exclusive pets

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pound exclusive pets

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 am

the pound is an account.

is it a bad idea to have "pound exclusive" pets, ones that are you can only acquire first from the pound. we have URs as it is, and when we have events, banner pets.

so if this is possible, "why not"?
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound exclusive pets

Postby Shian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:37 am

Events are arguably more accessible. We know when they are and what to do to get them.
The pound is currently giving out pets on fast mode, but when that is turned off, it's really easy to miss the only opening of the day because of timezones or school/work patterns.

The pound is in fast mode because it's trying to give away pets faster. Generating and putting more pets in the pound won't help this.

There are already a ton of "I didn't get this pet!" on the pound catches thread when a pet with high demand or high value gets adopted, I'm sure having an exclusive would increase this many times over.

You really want more UR pets that are luck based? 2-3 a year is already rather difficult to keep up with. I'd say the only person that could ask for more like this would be someone who had already obtained them.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:20 am

i don't have any URs so i'm not asking for more. I thought it could make things "exciting"
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:47 am

This would just upset users trying to get a full collection. No support.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:12 am

Yeah, I'm sorry to say, but this does not sound fun. Trying to get rares out of the pound is stressful for many users. I can't imagine how much more stressful it would feel by making an exclusive pet.

Our current events are the right kind of challenging to me: some pets you get free, others you have to work for, but your effort IS rewarded if you do so.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Tentative support from me - I actually really like this concept, it would need a lot of thought to keep it fair but I think it could be pulled off. Just make the pound exclusive pet (or perhaps litter would be better) frequent enough to be commons/UCs, enough that a fair few people could get them in each opening. These exclusive pound pets would likely be highly sought after for the first few openings, but being so common I imagine the hype would quickly die down as more people got access to them~
    Re: the pound already being very full, I could see this being implemented after the current "emptying" is done; after the pound is a bit more bare I imagine the fewer openings and fewer rare pets in there will make things a bit less interesting, so this new addition could keep that aspect of the site fresh and fun.
    In this vein there could even be semi-regular litter releases that just go into the pound rather than monthly adopts.

As far as complaints form the "pound pets you got" thread, I think they would be unavoidable, but it seems that they are currently as well, lol.
    This is just a lot of ramblings and not a fully fleshed out idea, but I think this could be a cool addition to the site personally!

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vulcriptic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Support! I honestly love this concept! It keeps people on there toes, and pay attention to the pound part of the site
⊱ ────────────────────────────────────── ♫ ─────────────────────────────────────⊰

⊱ ────────────── ♫ ───────────── ⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxhello !! i'm fritz~
i'm just a normal fellow, but it's nice to meet
you :) fair warning. i have NO idea what im
xxxdoing. my pronouns are he/it >:D !!
xxxxxxxxxxxxiiixxxx────
my interest include jurassic park, rebornica's
fnaf au
, countryhumans, apphumans, the furry
fandom
, history, and honestly more i just don't

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxremember xD
xxxxxxxxxxxxiiixxxx────
if you ever want to chat, please don't be afraid
xxxxxto hop into my dms !! i dont bite ;)
⊱ ────────────── ♫ ───────────── ⊰

⊱ ────────────────────────────────────── ♫ ─────────────────────────────────────⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxx"i've never had the opportunity to work on an animatronic this complicated before-!!"
Vulcriptic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:00 am

irisidium wrote:
    Tentative support from me - I actually really like this concept, it would need a lot of thought to keep it fair but I think it could be pulled off. Just make the pound exclusive pet (or perhaps litter would be better) frequent enough to be commons/UCs, enough that a fair few people could get them in each opening. These exclusive pound pets would likely be highly sought after for the first few openings, but being so common I imagine the hype would quickly die down as more people got access to them~
    Re: the pound already being very full, I could see this being implemented after the current "emptying" is done; after the pound is a bit more bare I imagine the fewer openings and fewer rare pets in there will make things a bit less interesting, so this new addition could keep that aspect of the site fresh and fun.
    In this vein there could even be semi-regular litter releases that just go into the pound rather than monthly adopts.

As far as complaints form the "pound pets you got" thread, I think they would be unavoidable, but it seems that they are currently as well, lol.
    This is just a lot of ramblings and not a fully fleshed out idea, but I think this could be a cool addition to the site personally!

I wasn't thinking "there are only 9 of them forever" but more "dump a higher number in the pound" or like the litter idea is. or maybe the "pound exclusives" stick around longer to "adopt" than a month as the "80 of them won't roll around at a 7am drop" or when ever time it might open.
older than an embryo
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dellixy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am

I feel that something like this would be quite unnecessary. I think this because if the pound pet was an uncommon/common as discussed above, why not just make it an adoptable? The pound has been made to operate the same way as it always has when Chicken Smoothie was created: To give out free pets that have been donated or removed from players.

As an add-on to the first point, the pound wouldn't be able to give out that specific pet(s) forever. When the pound stops giving out this/these pet(s), their rarity would rise and could build a lot of demand. And unlike adoptable pets, users would most likely only be able to claim *one* of these pets if they were quick enough, whereas adoptable pets, they can be adopted and numerous of duplicates would be made for each user. No support, sorry ^^;!
Dellixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:32 pm

No support.

Every other method of adopting pets --- through the adoption page, holiday events, and the December 18th box --- are available 24/7 for the duration of the event, meaning that time zones and busy schedules are not an issue when adopting these pets. And that being said, getting UR pets is hard enough already.

I just think this would be way too inconvenient for people who often can't make it to the pound when it's open, especially since it's pretty unpredictable sometimes.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me