music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Games, Movies, TV, YouTube, Books and Music - discuss it all here!

Re: music discussion! - reviews, opinions, etc. [new rule!]

Postby horchata » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:58 am

Light Bringer wrote:Alrighteo my people, I have got a quick question for those of you willing to take your time to read and answer it. So, I'm in music class and our goal for the end of the term is to be able to play at least three different songs (I'm aiming for four or five though) and I can't seem to find anything relatively easy for piano/keyboard (as I'm a beginner). I am hoping to do older songs, for example, I am already learning Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven for my first song but as I said I still can't find any others that would be cool. Any ideas guys? I'm open to any and all (easier please) suggestions.

i know elton john is a pro but could you learn some songs by him?? like movie soundtracks or something? he does a ton of those (the only song i can think of is tiny dancer but it sounds rlly complex - maybe there's an easier version somewhere haha)

that's really the only suggestion i have sorry, i have no clue about piano/keyboard as i've never played but man we need a thread for musicians on cs (the old one hasnt been posted on for over a year, but you could try there?

anyway i had a dream this club was going really off-topic so it was moved to chicken smoothie discussion, nooo idea why i dreamed about that lmao
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Light Bringer wrote:Alrighteo my people, I have got a quick question for those of you willing to take your time to read and answer it. So, I'm in music class and our goal for the end of the term is to be able to play at least three different songs (I'm aiming for four or five though) and I can't seem to find anything relatively easy for piano/keyboard (as I'm a beginner). I am hoping to do older songs, for example, I am already learning Led Zeppelin's Stairway to heaven for my first song but as I said I still can't find any others that would be cool. Any ideas guys? I'm open to any and all (easier please) suggestions.

I know it's a newer song, but In the End by Linkin Park is pretty easy and pretty iconic. :3 Imagine by John Lennon sounds pretty easy too. (I'm a beginner too. Bass is my primary instrument so I'm clueless.)
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby killer romance. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 pm

You could try maybe finding a book with some songs in? I have this one called Really Easy Piano: New Chart Hits and they really are really easy, though they're from 2008. I think it was cheap and they must have other versions out there if you don't like the songs in it? Idk.

You might not know the song but here's some relatively easy sheet music for Sam's Town by the Killers (acoustic version):

Page 1
Page 2
---(f o r . y a)---

text text text text text
i'm miss brightside
the killers = life
brandon flowers <3
british female

the man - the killers
text text text text text

--( y o u ' r e . l o o k i n g )--

killer romance.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I need some tunes

Postby Herä » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:02 am

Hi friends!

I've been craving some new tunes to listen to. I enjoy lots of different genres, but my favorites at the moment are probably Walk the Moon & the 1975. I also hoard score music.
      Any suggestions?
Last edited by Herä on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
we are either alone in the world, or we're not.
both equally terrifying.

Herä

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I need some tunes

Postby MagpieSoul » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:36 am

Terrä wrote:Hi friends!

I've been craving some new tunes to listen to. I enjoy lots of different genres, but my favorites at the moment are probably Walk the Moon & the 1975. I also hoard score music.
Any suggestions?

There's Icon For Hire, they're a really good rock band, and Papa Roach aswell. If you enjoy listening to electronic music, there are Nero's Day at Disneyland, Tristam and Varien.
MagpieSoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I need some tunes

Postby horchata » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am

Bottom a'the Night wrote:
      Hi friends!

Any suggestions?

i think bombay bicycle club & two door cinema club are pretty similar to walk the moon/the 1975? not 100% sure about bombay bicycle club and i've only really listened to always like this but i can definitely recommend two door cinema club - their top three songs are probably good to start with (what you know, something good can work, undercover martyn), i first listened to i cant talk which is how i got into them but my favourite songs rn are probably changing of the seasons and gameshow - could be something you're into!!

also id totally recommend vampire weekend but i recommend them to everyone - i guess they have a similar kinda poppy sound to walk the moon and 1975?? definitely their first two albums more than their 3rd (but artistically their 3rd, modern vampires of the city, is the best - just maybe not something to start with haha besides unbelievers and diane young maybe?) but their top songs would be good to start with haha (and basically every song on i think ur a contra)

i dont know too many scores but if you like soundtracks (like music that wasnt composed specifically for the movie) im a fan of the secret life of walter mitty soundtrack, but it mightt not be your thing (id totally recommend the movie too lmao)

edit:: i searched walk the moon on spotify and apparently saint motel, grouplove and passion pit are similar artists. i can recommend take a walk by passion pit, colors and tongue tied (though i don't like part of that song haha) by grouplove andd i love saint motel though im not sure how similar it is to walk the moon tbh, but the songs butch, puzzle pieces, dear dictator, cold cold man and daydream / xxxxxxxx / nightmare (not sure the x's are appropriate for chicken smoothie lol) are really good - though not all of them are their most popular so you could always start with the top 10 on spotify haha
Last edited by horchata on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wittebane » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:46 am

@yondu i löst my whole music playlist with my last phone and i’m still mournin, but i have 1 (one) suggestion for you! the mountain goats might be of interest to you, since you like mumford & sons!! the vocals are sometimes too much for some people, but i personally like them. i recommend ‘this year’ and ‘no children’!
wittebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deoxyribonucleic » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:20 am

yo anyone know some good songs for an experienced bass guitar player? I'm getting better quickly and looking for a challenge. I'm looking for a classic rock song or just anything punk rock that I can play in class and show everyone what a cool kid tm I am
moonwalkin'
noelle | she/her
───── ♤ ─────
you, too, deserve love
deoxyribonucleic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tankie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:54 am

yondu wrote:-snip-

ok ngl i kinda died inside when i saw the same 90 songs on shuffle bit (i have 2k+)

anyways u could try we are scientists? some of my favs are lethal enforcer, rules dont stop, new me and the great escape. also since u like ac/dc u might like the darkness? i believe in a thing called love is pretty much a masterpiece lol. i sing it in the shower all the time. other songs by them i enjoy are love you 5 times and wheels of the machine
Tankie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MeltiTheDragon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 am

reuxci wrote:yo anyone know some good songs for an experienced bass guitar player? I'm getting better quickly and looking for a challenge. I'm looking for a classic rock song or just anything punk rock that I can play in class and show everyone what a cool kid tm I am

I'm an intermediate bass player, so you can PM me for more suggestion. But Tool is always impressive. And easily recognizable too! :3
Melti The Dragon
✚✚✚Autistic
✚✚✚Furry
✚✚✚Artist, Musician, Improv Comedian

If I've forgotten something, feel free to give me a little nudge!

I'm a Moderator for PS Adoptables! <3 Check them out! >>
Also, if you do decided to check it out, please consider noting I referred you!

Other Sites I'm On
{ Deviantart } ✚ { Furaffinity } ✚ { Toyhou.se }
{ Art Fight } ✚ { Refsheet } ✚ { Aywas }
Tracker Pages
{ Cascadeclan } ✚ { Sosna Gora } ✚ { Kingdom of Thorns }
{ Lucentclan } ✚ { Hlien Fuléao-anisth } ✚ { Sunset Bridge Business }

✚✚✚Formerly Known as Diamondshine101
    [C] - GreenGummies (sig art), sweathie (avatar)
MeltiTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me