Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby dragonwing, » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:12 am

ayla
you were the most wonderful kitten
in the history of cats. I have missed
you for what seems like forever. i'm
sorry you had such a slow, painful
death. we tried, ayla. i'm sorry you
didn't make it. i'm sorry I had not
noticed you weren't in the safety of
our home sooner enough. you were
only one year old and I don't blame
you for not knowing a car was going
to hit you. I miss you so much, ayla.
even though you ruined many of my
clothing items, curtains, and pillows
im your short life, I still miss you very
dearly. none of that matters now and I
hope you are in a better place.
you didn't deserve such a short life...
yeet yeet im dragonwing

i love to roleplay warrior cats
dragonwing,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kkermit. » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I would like to take a moment and recognize my pet hamster, Cookie. She was a Syrian hamster and one day, she just died...
We assumed it was because of old age and on the day she died, I thought she was asleep..
I would also like to recognize my dog named Isabelle. She was a black lab mix and wouldn't hurt a fly. She died at age 6 from some cancer that we don't know...
They will be missed
─ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

────────────────
Kermit
Forum Game Enthusiast
Aspiring Veterinarian

My Rat Collection

────────────────
────
ˏˋ°•*⁀➶

gif credit / made sig myself (:

LIGHTS OFF
kkermit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chonko. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 am

I light this tall candle in the memory of my little ButterCup who was put down about 2 or one year(s) ago.. A tall candle due to his no limit of love, so we gave him a high amount of love in return. Makes me kind of emotional to talk about this but I will. He had kidney cancer and a bump that would ooze each day or so. They couldn't help him. He also had a rotten tooth and gums. Jojo, our other cat (ButterCup's "Brother") dearly misses him, as he [Everyday] lays by where ButterCup used to always sleep. ButterCup also used to lay on my lap, face, and arms. Oh how I dearly miss my lovely Buttercup. We also didn't want him to struggle so we had to put him down. It wasn't my choice, as I would let him live his happy life, but at least he isn't struggling... He was almost 17..

Pet's name: ButterCup(Rest In Peace My Boy)😿
wip
chonko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCool1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:43 pm

i had a hamster named little bro. that was the name we used for him but his real name was Benjamin, he was a very nice robo hamster. somtimes when my sister and i held him for too long he would "spill" it was when all of the seeds in his mkouth would just fall out, one moment there would be a small hamster and then suddenly there would be a big pile in front of him :lol:. after about two years (2/3 of a hamsters regular life span) my dog maggie knocked his cage over while me and my dad where creating an expation to his cage in our garage and killed him :thumbdown: I recently got a hamster that is albino and is very fluffy (his name is trever) not to replace little bro but to build onto him. thank you for putting this here :)
TheCool1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:32 am

Rip Little danny Boi <3 I'll miss you.

And My Boy Cain .

cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Elliot; Mid 2016-August 15th, 2017

My little handsome prince was only a year and a half old. It still feels like my heart has been ripped out even after half a year. I had to have him euthanized, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. He was diagnosed with FIV when I took him to the veterinarian to get him neutered. It is a disease with no existing vaccine, so the vaccinations I got him could not protect him. I was told he would live a short life and could not safely be around other cats (biting transmits the disease). It was an immune system disease, that means constant infections and the smallest injuries get bad. He actually had an abscess that popped up overnight when I took him to the vet. He looked so betrayed. He came from somewhere abusive and was afraid of men. I was the only person he trusted, and I let people hold him down and hurt him. I can't forget how scared he looked, and the cry he made. I feel awful. And I miss him so much.

Of course it would have been easier to send him back alone, but that would be selfish. I hope me being with him, helped him be less afraid. I should have kept it together more, I'm sure sensing my stress and anxiety scared him.

I wonder what it would have been like to have him in my new apartment, with my other two cats. I think of how cute he would have been as a little old man cat. When I had to wait for his test results to come back, I went home and got his favorite milk treats. And when I was telling him bye, I gave him so many treats. I hope he knows he didn't do anything wrong. I hope he didn't think I didn't love him. I can't even think about him without remembering how he looked at me as his little body was shutting down. The vet told me I did the right thing for him, but the right thing shouldn't feel so terrible. I wish I could just think of his bright green eyes, and pinks toes. And his soft meows.

I hope he forgives me, and I hope he is somewhere. And not nowhere. I'm so afraid I sent him into nothingness.

Rest in peace my handsome prince. ♥ xc
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:52 am

I'm lightning this candle in honor of our dog, Patches, who passed away suddenly in the comfort of our home just hours ago. She seemed perfectly fine beforehand; she ate a good breakfast and everything. Then, this afternoon, when we were going to take her and our other dog, Cassie, outside to do their business, I saw her lying lifelessly on the living room floor. I was sure I had seen her alive not even an hour before that, so that just made it even more shocking.
It was so sudden, we think her heart must have just stopped or something. Actually, at her last checkup, we were told that all of her lymph nodes were swollen, and that she may have had cancer. If I remember correctly, we were even told that her death could come suddenly one day, just as it did today. Additionally, she recently developed a strange growth on her forehead. Maybe the cancer had spread to other areas, and her body finally decided to just give in. Even so, she didn't seem to be suffering at all; she was slowing down slightly due to old age, but still had plenty of life in her, right up to today.

We adopted Patches about 11 years ago from the local shelter, when she was a little over a year old. She had been at the shelter for a long time before we came along. Actually, if we hadn't adopted her, there was probably a very large chance that she would have been put down there, since nobody else seemed interested in taking her home.
Patches was a very unique dog. We're very sure that she was an Australian Stumpy Tail Cattle Dog, and if she wasn't pure, she had to have had a lot of the breed in her, at least. She had the strangest, often awkward mannerisms, but she was so affectionate and cuddly. She would just stand there and let you cuddle her for as long as you wanted with no protest. Sometimes, she would just stand there and stare at you, waiting to be petted. If she really wanted attention, she would then start gently nudging your arm or hand with her snout. Then, whenever you would pet her, she would then flop down onto her side and roll over so you would pet her belly. She did this basically every time anyone would pet her for a long enough time, to the point where it was pretty much a running joke.
Whenever we'd give her a big, special treat to chew, she would parade around with it in her jaws for a few moments first, with her little stump tail wagging. Then, after she got this out of her system, she would then go and find a good spot to settle down and chew. When she was really excited, especially about going outside, she would sort of spin in a circle, hop like a bunny, and sometimes start walking sideways as you approached the door.
She also had a very unusual habit among dogs; she watched TV. She didn't just stare blankly at the screen, either; it looked like she could actually tell what she was seeing on the screen. If an animal--especially an exciting one, or another dog--came onscreen, her ears would perk up, and she'd move closer for a better look. Sometimes, when animals would leave one side of the screen, she would run out of the room in the direction they went, looking for them. Then, she would come back into the living room through the other entrance, having completed a full lap of the first floor and found nothing. Also, when she would lie on the floor, such as while watching TV, she had a tendency to elegantly cross her front paws.
When we first got her, she was so quiet, we weren't even sure if she had a bark. When she did finally bark, it was the squeakiest little noise, and we were so surprised. xD Her bark did get a little deeper and more natural-sounding over the years, but it was still kind of high-pitched. She had the cutest howl, too. Often, when I play certain musical instruments (usually the ocarina, but sometimes with the melodica), Cassie starts howling, and Patches would sometimes join in a little, too. <3

Honestly, I'm just extremely relieved that she didn't have to go through years of severe deterioration and suffering before passing away, and that she didn't have to go because we chose for it to happen. She went quickly, naturally, with full dignity intact, and in the place where she felt most comfortable.

RIP, Patchy. <3
~2006 - April 6th, 2018

HNI_0081.JPG
Patches in 2011
HNI_0081.JPG (56.41 KiB) Viewed 124 times

(The pic is old--from about 2011--but she looked basically the same then as she did today.)

(PS: Although I am heartbroken, of course, I think I'm even more concerned about how her adoptive sister, Cassie, is going to get through this than how I will. As a human, I have plenty of ways to cope, but Cassie's an extremely sensitive dog, and she and Patches were very, very close. I've never had to help a dog deal with a loss before, and I just hope she'll be alright. </3)
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerbud X. » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 pm

I am lighting this candle in remembrance of a lil bunny.
Whom my brothers found earlier today and we took in after some time of his mother not coming back.
In this sort time he warmed all of our hearts with his little tiny ears and twitchy nose.
He would've made an amazing companion.
He passed away this morning don't know the exact time.
May he be at peace and have a lighten path.
R.I.P Lil Bunny 2018.
ImageW.I.PxImage
Not everyday is gonna be a good day
Not everything is gonna go your way
It's all about the way you think
Rise from your past, don't sink
Flowerbud X.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

I light this candle for my baby boy Duke.

From the first second I saw you, I fell in love. I took you in when your mom rejected you and raised you. I watched as you first opened your eyes, and take your first steps. You could say, you were my son.
    My heart broke today as I saw you sprint in front of that car. You were only a little over a year old, and had so many years to go. You were my best friend, my secret keeper, and my road trip buddy.

You were the best dog I could have hoped for. I'll miss the spring in your step when you saw me come in the door, and your cuddles at night.
    You were my everything, I still can't believe your gone.

I love you Duke, my baby.
    4/11/2018

IMG_20170826_131133.jpg
IMG_20170826_131133.jpg (169 KiB) Viewed 98 times
General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 pm

i light this candle for the family cat, rasputin.

rasputin / razzy ; 2000 - 4/1/18

easter day was supposed to go by just fine, but i guess the world had different ideas about that day. it had been a perfectly fine day, we had dinner, hunted for eggs, and got ready to stay with our grandparents for the night. my parents went home and sometime after we got a call from them. our dear cat rasputin was suddenly very sick and they had taken her to the vet. they told us that the only option was for us to put her down. i couldn't breathe at that moment, it was too hard. i simply curled up on the couch and cried. i wasn't paying much attention as we got into the truck and drove to the vets office for what would be our last time seeing you. when we got there, you purred for the first time that whole day. you were so happy to see us, and it seemed as if you knew what was going on. it's likely you did. you were gone soon after we got out of that room. it was called the comfort room, but i was anything but comforted. i suppose it was for the best. you had an infection in your lungs, and it was likely that you had pneumonia, so at least you aren't suffering, at least you'll be better now.

you left us only ten days ago and i haven't slept in my room. i just can't. you were always there, and it seemed you took care of me more than i took care of you. we always joked that you'd outlive all of us, and i really wish that would have been true, but i guess if you had, you'd probably have this empty feeling inside that i have. you were the most amazing cat, a miracle some would say. you always slept at the foot of my bed each night, no matter where we lived and you always watched over us. you were our little angel. i love you rasputin, and i hope you're doing okay, wherever you may be.

i wish you the best, rasputin.
    i hope you had a good 18 years.

and please take care of those we have lost.
    max
    turbo
    rufus
    gordy
    sparky
    jellybean
    princess

i miss you all dearly
allu

My pets
My items
My wishlist