Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 am

Oh my goodness. What happened to that sweet face? xD
Almost looks like he got a bad haircut with a razor. Did he get chewed on by a chipmunk? lol
What does his skin look like??? hard to totally tell in the photo.
I'd almost say it looked like he got mites, but that is a little much for just one day. xD

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby andy; » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:59 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:Oh my goodness. What happened to that sweet face? xD
Almost looks like he got a bad haircut with a razor. Did he get chewed on by a chipmunk? lol
What does his skin look like??? hard to totally tell in the photo.
I'd almost say it looked like he got mites, but that is a little much for just one day. xD

His skin looks a bit crusty. It's kinda shocking to see all his hair gone, considering he's a lionhead. Could it possibly be, god forbid, myxomatosis? I'm between that and mites, though it does seem like a lot of mites for one day's time. It might be possible that it went under our radar, but I doubt it. We check on him every day at feedings and handle him, so it isn't likely that we just didn't see that.

๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐จ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐

Image Image Image

andy - they/he - adult - psychology
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
hey all! andy here! i've been an
infrequent cs user since 2013.
this site has always brought comfort,
so i'm back to see how things are going!
โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›
๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง
andy;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Honestly, mites or mange would be my guesses. Very odd!

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toonverse8888 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:02 am

oh the poor rabbit, sadly enough IDK what happened.
toonverse8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:29 am

Glass Of Water wrote:Hey guys, kinda in urgent need for some kind of assistance.
Ollie has been outside in his hutch for only a day, and upon checking on him this morning he looks like this:

Looks like mites. They're hard to detect. Especially in super furry breeds. Probably just flared up with the stress of moving to a new home. I'm gonna advise a vet visit to be sure. It's weird too because with my guys one bunn in the litter had them. Neither the other seven or the mother did. I treated all of the rabbits on the property and the cats as well with ivermectrin gel anyway just to be safe.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toonverse8888 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:29 am

'Possum wrote:
Glass Of Water wrote:Hey guys, kinda in urgent need for some kind of assistance.
Ollie has been outside in his hutch for only a day, and upon checking on him this morning he looks like this:

Looks like mites. They're hard to detect. Especially in super furry breeds. Probably just flared up with the stress of moving to a new home. I'm gonna advise a vet visit to be sure. It's weird too because with my guys one bunn in the litter had them. Neither the other seven or the mother did. I treated all of the rabbits on the property and the cats as well with ivermectrin gel anyway just to be safe.
definetely agree
toonverse8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm pretty scared right now. So, as you guys probably know, Aura likes to go under the couch when she comes out. But about an hour ago my siste was on the couch and the leg rest was out and she leaned back, and Aura started thrashing around. We found out she had her neck stuck and it was so, so so scary and she's kind of gone limp and given up fighting and we finally got her out. She was pretty shocked, and I found a claw and I thought it was our dog's because he was at the scene too but she was missing one so it was hers. It would have hurt, but it wasn't the main issue. She was super shocked I think, at first her claw-missing leg went a little limp and funny but I think it's fine now. My parents' main concern is if she's bleeding internally, we don't think so though.

It's just SUCH a miracle that nothing happened to her neck I'm really shaken :? ...
Eventually I put her into her cage and gave her a peanut snack and she ate half and a bit of her pellets/hay so I'm really glad ^^
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:05 am

Oh wow!! So glad she appears to be ok. Poor girl. </3
Accidents happen to everyone. Now you'll always remember to check for her though!

But you're right, she probably just put herself into a bit of shock.

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿญ Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toonverse8888 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:13 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:I'm pretty scared right now. So, as you guys probably know, Aura likes to go under the couch when she comes out. But about an hour ago my siste was on the couch and the leg rest was out and she leaned back, and Aura started thrashing around. We found out she had her neck stuck and it was so, so so scary and she's kind of gone limp and given up fighting and we finally got her out. She was pretty shocked, and I found a claw and I thought it was our dog's because he was at the scene too but she was missing one so it was hers. It would have hurt, but it wasn't the main issue. She was super shocked I think, at first her claw-missing leg went a little limp and funny but I think it's fine now. My parents' main concern is if she's bleeding internally, we don't think so though.

It's just SUCH a miracle that nothing happened to her neck I'm really shaken :? ...
Eventually I put her into her cage and gave her a peanut snack and she ate half and a bit of her pellets/hay so I'm really glad ^^
I would take her to the vet to be safe, because better safe than sorry is a real life thing.
toonverse8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:13 pm

My dad high-key told me they will be surprising me with a bunny this spring! Ahh, can't wait!
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me