The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: The Spanish Club ~ All levels welcome!

Postby Jinchuuriki » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:54 pm

MissTriggerHappy wrote:

Hola, mi usuario es MissTriggerHappy! o yiu puede llamarme Tabitha Im de Australia pero solo sé un poco del idioma español. Sí, estoy usando una calculadora porque quiero interactuar y aprender español con yall. <3

Welcome tp the group xD

Translators are not a good idea, because it translates wildly, and you dont learn from it. Using a dictionary and looking for the word you want does help memorize it, so use a dictionary if you can. Its slower, but you learn more and what you write has meaning xD

Translating directly, what you said is:
"Hi, my username is MissTriggerHappy! or yiu (translator didnt recognice it) can call me Tabitha. Im (translator didnt recognice it) from Australia but I only know a bit of spanish language. Yes, Im using a calculator (Another error made by translator, this one funny xD) because I want to interact and learn spanish with yall (translator didnt recognice it"

So either improve your maths, or use a dictionary to translate. I always use wordreference when I forget a word or dont know the one I need xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bassil » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:12 pm

¡Oye chicos! Aprendí español en esquela por cinco años, pero me termine en el esquela y estudiar en una universidad. Yo quiero practicar mi español porque muchos personas de mi trabajo hablaban en español. Tienes consejos? Usaba wordreference.com para los palabras "consejos", y "aprender "

My rough translation: hey guys! I learned Spanish in school for 5 years, but I finished school and study in a university now. I want to practice my Spanish because many people at my job speak Spanish. Do you have tips? I use wordrefence for the words "tips" and to "learn"
Last edited by Bassil on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bassil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡cιтʏℓισи♡ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Jinchuuriki wrote:
CityLion wrote:Thank you so much! lolol I was trying to say that all they teach in my school is grammar (conjugation, tenses, sentence structure, etc.) and no real vocabulary or speaking practice- or much of anything aside from conjugation of a handful of verbs.

I'm currently taking Spanish Hon.3 but I don't think anyone takes that class seriously- even the teacher. XD

I usually try to talk to my mom in Spanish but then she just gives up and goes back to English because my dad and brother don't speak a lick of it. My grandpa couldn't even figure out how to use WhatsApp until recently, so online language exchange it is!

Thanks so much for all of your help, I really appreciate it! I hope you get well soon! ^^

Oh, I see. Then I would say "Todo lo que enseñan es gramática", all they teach is grammar. Maybe they expect you to learn words by yourself? A dictionary can teach you words, bit cant teach you grammar xD

Spanish Hon.3... I wonder what my level would be called xD

It is good to speak about secrets then xD
Doesnt have to be 24h spanish, I meant it like... she is going to ask you something, or ask you to do something, then she can use spanish to do it, since it helps you practice, and doesnt matter if the other two doesnt understand xD
Kinda like my mother then, just knows how to send audio, and that took me a full week to teach xD

I will get well, I always do. This stupid body became weaker, so I should probably train it. Sadly, Im lazy xD

True true! My mom tends to speak really fast so most of the time I'm just in complete and utter confusion. I'll try it for sure though. Lol

Oh my gosh XD My grandpa is a sight. Most of the time he doesn't try to be modern, but when he is, it's hilarious. He recently switched his phone from an old Nokia brick phone to a more modern one and watching him trying to figure it out was the funniest thing. He was surprised at the fact that he could do video calls. He's cute in an old gramps sort of way.

I know just what you mean! There are just some days where I don't want to workout but I force myself to do it anyways. It's difficult. ;;
If you don't mind me asking, do you have a cold or the flu? I tend to get colds a lot and drinking a table spoon of apple cider diluted in a cup of water seems to really help prevent them. Sometimes I'll still get them but it's not as bad as before; I think it somehow manages to make the symptoms a lot weaker which is great- it tastes horrid but it works. :thumbup:
Minimalist.
♡cιтʏℓισи♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 am

pastel.plant wrote:¡Oye chicos! Aprendí español en esquela por cinco años, pero me termine en el esquela y estudiar en una universidad. Yo quiero practicar mi español porque muchos personas de mi trabajo hablaban en español. Tienes consejos? Usaba wordreference.com para los palabras "consejos", y "aprender "

My rough translation: hey guys! I learned Spanish in school for 5 years, but I finished school and study in a university now. I want to practice my Spanish because many people at my job speak Spanish. Do you have tips? I use wordrefence for the words "tips" and to "learn"

DUDEEEEEEE!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! >.<
xD

Esquela is not the same as Escuela! Esquela is actually a obituary! Is there any other way more chilling than that one of learning spanish? Just no! Leave ghosts at home! XD

Besides that, you probably just need practice. For example, you can do something simmilar to what I did, reading sog lyrics while you listen to them, or practice it writing, here for example xD

Here would be your text corrected. What I changed is in BOLD xD
¡Oye chicos! Aprendí español en la escuela durante* cinco años, pero terminé en la escuela y empecé a estudiar/ahora estudio** en una universidad. Yo quiero practicar mi español porque muchas personas de mi trabajo hablaban en español. ¿Tienes consejos? Usé*** wordreference.com para las palabras "consejos" y "aprender"

*Por could be right, but durante is more common, so it sounds less alien, at least to me xD
**Empecé a estudiar is past, "started studying, while ahora estudio is present continuous, "now I study"
***Here you say "I use" but since its past, "you used", because you say that you translated those two words. Usaba is the corect verb, but not person. You used third, instead of first. Also the time is not 100% right I would say, kinda like used/was using kind of thing. So "yo usé", "I used".

The rest is just wrong sex, male instead of female in the articles.

Since you mentioned, I will too. I used wordreference for the english version of esquela, obituary XD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:37 am

CityLion wrote:True true! My mom tends to speak really fast so most of the time I'm just in complete and utter confusion. I'll try it for sure though. Lol

Oh my gosh XD My grandpa is a sight. Most of the time he doesn't try to be modern, but when he is, it's hilarious. He recently switched his phone from an old Nokia brick phone to a more modern one and watching him trying to figure it out was the funniest thing. He was surprised at the fact that he could do video calls. He's cute in an old gramps sort of way.

I know just what you mean! There are just some days where I don't want to workout but I force myself to do it anyways. It's difficult. ;;
If you don't mind me asking, do you have a cold or the flu? I tend to get colds a lot and drinking a table spoon of apple cider diluted in a cup of water seems to really help prevent them. Sometimes I'll still get them but it's not as bad as before; I think it somehow manages to make the symptoms a lot weaker which is great- it tastes horrid but it works. :thumbup:

When she speaks that fast, just tell her "Respira! Despacito!" XD

Shhh! Shaddap! We will be like him in 30-40 years! xD
You wont laugh while your grandkids try to teach you how to use a hovering bike! xD
I have done exactly... 0.5 video calls, but thinking about it, he downgraded. From a phone you can use to smash rocks, to one you have to protect from feathers.... xD

Well, you have days... I have years I dont even workout. Last time I did exercise was 7-8 years ago... in P.E. XD
Fun thing is, it was my fav class. But I dont have motivation to get in a room full of sweating people, and alone Im useless XD

Until the 8th, it was chicken pox... 25 years old with chicken pox... XD
From then to today, just stomach flu, going down it seems. Next wil be cold I guess? Or maybe I will get something new? Not exercising has me so weak... but being weak is so comfortable... XD

Wouldnt a direct shot of vinegar work? I like its taste, but cider and me... XD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bassil » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:33 am

Jinchuuriki wrote:
xD

Esquela is not the same as Escuela! Esquela is actually a obituary!....

Ahhhhhh! That’s actually so funny! Usualmente hablaba en español, no se mucho de escribir... Tengo una pregunta pero es muy difícil en español. Do people ever ask you to help with their Spanish in real life? And is it annoying when people who speak little to no Spanish try to speak it? I was not sure if hablaba is the right way to say I usually speak... would it be usualmente hablo? I was also wondering where I made mistakes with male/female? Was it in the verbs or? ¿Tienes recomendaciones de canciones en español?
Bassil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 am

pastel.plant wrote:
Jinchuuriki wrote:
xD

Esquela is not the same as Escuela! Esquela is actually a obituary!....

Ahhhhhh! That’s actually so funny! Usualmente hablaba en español, no se mucho de escribir... Tengo una pregunta pero es muy difícil en español. Do people ever ask you to help with their Spanish in real life? And is it annoying when people who speak little to no Spanish try to speak it? I was not sure if hablaba is the right way to say I usually speak... would it be usualmente hablo? I was also wondering where I made mistakes with male/female? Was it in the verbs or? ¿Tienes recomendaciones de canciones en español?

Male/female was in "El esquela" and in "los palabras". The articles you used. Esquela, and escuela too are both female, so when you talk about them, you use "la" instead of "el" that is for males, making it "la esquela" or "la escuela". Same thing with "Los palabras" but the plural form. Los is for males, females use Las. So it would be "Las palabras".

The question would be more or less... "¿Alguna vez la gente te/os pide que les ayudéis con su español en la vida real? ¿Y es molesto cuando gente que apenas habla o no habla español intenta hablarlo?"
And the answer would be, at least mine: Yup, this is real life too, just online xD
I live in spain, so 100% of the people I know speak spanish, or enough spanish to live around, like my english level more or less, so I dont really have people asking me to help them Offline. While I was in high school, I used to help my friends when they needed, but they didnt really needed to ask, so Im not sure it counts xD

Now, I have helped a girl study spanish online, using line, where she would send me pics of her homework and how she solved it, and I would correct, and also voice notes with spoken spanish word where I corrected pronunciation. But she left the classes, so I dont know if I am any good at it either. I hope I am, because its my main language and all that xD

About people learning spanish is annoying or not when speaking... I PERSONALLY find it funny, but I suppose every person is a world. It makes me think if I sound the same in english. So no, it doesnt annoy me. What annoys me, to the point of boiling, is when latin people, mainly mexico, chile, etc insults spanish dub in anime and calls it silly. THAT puts my blood boiling. So I cant read comments in animes anywhere I go, because I boil xD

Yeah, thats right, "Usualmente hablo", or for more "common people", also "Normalmente hablo". Like... Usualmente is the "smart form" xD

About songs, it deppends of your style. I usually go with Linkin Park, Three days Grace, Disturbed... things like that for english. Its a bit fast, but I dont get bored, and something remains xD
So, some music around your likes. Slow songs are best at first maybe, but if you are more or less used to it, maybe more speedy songs from here? Just listen a few times, one to pay attention to the colors that relate words, another to the pronunciation, and then sightly karaoke? xD
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLLQ-u ... ode=NORMAL
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zach herron. » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:30 am

hola! mi nombre es a-little-crazy o lori. no hablo mucho espanol, pero estoy aprendiendo!
hi! my name is a-little-crazy or lori. i don't speak much Spanish, but i'm learning!

note: sorry if my translations are off, i only know basic spanish/conjugation so ^^

──

──

[ *.BOOM!!xl' BOOM!! xl'BOOM!!

llllllllllllll

i’m zach. i sing
    in an up and coming
    band called why don’t we.

llllllllllllll
    now let me

l
    hi oops oops
    hi! i'm lori, and i love zdh.
    i also love the office!
    jim is my favorite character!
    ──────────────l
    [ trade ] [ merch ] [ chars ]
    [ hooked ] [ link ] [ link ]
    ──── [ coding credit ] ────
    ██
    ██
    ██

no type here thnx
    zachary dean herron
    jonah marais roth frantzich
    corbyn matthew besson
    jack robert avery
    daniel james seavey
    ──────────────

'─────────────────────────
    hear you say...
    lllllllllllllllll'l

other notes // info
    i raise chickens ♥️
    pm me for pics
    oh yeah trade me lmao
    WAY-
    HOO

lllllllllllllllll'l
zach herron.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jinchuuriki » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 am

a-little-ccrazy wrote:hola! mi nombre es a-little-crazy o lori. no hablo mucho espanol, pero estoy aprendiendo!
hi! my name is a-little-crazy or lori. i don't speak much Spanish, but i'm learning!

note: sorry if my translations are off, i only know basic spanish/conjugation so ^^

Welcome, dont worry about it, everything is correct xD
Jinchuuriki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby diana prince » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm

hola !

i took spanish for 6 years of elementary and its been awhile and im starting to lose track of it and i was wondering if anyone wanted to talk to me solely in spanish for awhile so i can practice ? pm me if interested , we can talk about anything . ;;
diana prince

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me