Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby aerti » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:33 am

this is my s/o's pit Duke, hes a dumb boy and we love him
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

❥『aerti - adult - they - witch

xxxxxxx▴ ▾▴ ▾▴ ▾▴ ▾

xxxxxxxxxxImage

xxxxxxxblack lives matter !! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aerti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleepie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:21 am

I have a pitbull.
His name is Dante and he is nothing but sweet hearted.
From my personal experience the only dangerous thing about them is their tail.
When he gets real happy you have to dodge that tail of his so you don’t get slapped.

↓ Here he is ↓

(‐^▽^‐)

Hello, I’m Judith and I’m up to talk. No worries because I don’t bite. Well, the only thing I will bite is into a nice slice of pizza.

”Don’t forget beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies”
Sleepie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 pm

@stinkbug, he's a cutie <3

@Sleepie, their tails are a weapon of mass destruction tbh. Same with zoomies.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stelpup » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 pm

(Creator of this thread, just letting you know it's Pit Bulls not Pitbulls. Haha no offence)
-stellapup, creator of smitten kittens.
click to adopt yours today

ImageImage
stelpup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCuriousEspeon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 pm

My boyfriend's step mum owns a pit bull, and when his grandma saw the pit, she said they should feed him a poisoned hot dog! Sometimes people get on my nerves. Such a beautiful creature should not be killed because of some human's stupid decisions to take advantage of them.
TheCuriousEspeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 pm

StellaPup wrote:(Creator of this thread, just letting you know it's Pit Bulls not Pitbulls. Haha no offence)

The creator hasn't posted on this thread since 2013, lol
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carnivorous. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:58 pm

They are rather sweet dogs, too large for my taste though.
My friend has a mix of one, they’re extremely rough but pretty cute.

Like all dogs, a pit bull can become aggressive if not trained correctly, so in fact, not every pitbull is an angel due to a human’s corruption.
This is all my opinion though, so believe what you will c:
"how fleeting
and fragile life is..."

hello there;
i'm carnivorous.
any pronouns are fine.
my interests vary greatly,
if you're interested, feel
free to ask, i don't bite.

i am a holibomber!
          i have gifted 5 people.
          i have received 3 gifts.
carnivorous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Kind of sick of people getting on this thread and going 'it's all about how you raise them' and 'its all about how you train them' and none of them are even talking about actual pitbulls anyways. Genetics can make a dog human or dog aggressive. Hate people who talk without knowing what they're talking about.

Like Spade, I didn't train her to fight or be aggressive. She was raised in a loving home, around kids and other dogs, but due to genetics she is dog aggressive.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dumezil » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:33 pm

Depends which bully breed we're talking about, as it is often a blanket term used to cover multiple bully breeds and BBM (as much as I agree or disagree with it being used as such). So we'll briefly cover the American Pit Bull Terrier.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed specifically bred for animal aggression if we are talking about a responsibly bred dog meant to be temperamentally appropriate and a representation of the breed. They were a breed that first originally started popping up in England after boar baiting became illegal in the 1800s. To fight other dogs.

Human aggression (HA) in the breed usually meant the dog was culled. HA is unfortunately a occasional side effect of breeding for gameness, the purpose of the original APBT. When back yard breeders started producing them, the HA dogs were no longer culled as often which is why we sometimes see the human aggressive APBT.

In conclusion:
The breed is more likely to be human and dog (or other pet) aggressive because it was originally bred for game. Both genetics and environment play a role in dogs. If it didn't, we wouldn't have specific breeds for specific dogs: border collies are bred to herd, hunting dogs are bred to hunt, cavaliers are bred to be well tempered lap dogs. Are there exceptions? Yes, in every breed. Especially one so watered down and over produced by back yard breeders. Does it mean all pit bulls are bad dogs and need to be banned? No. But people getting them should be aware of what they were bred for and keep them appropriately, not anthropomorphize them. That's how you end up with accidents like the ones you hear in the news and when they ban BBM in certain places.
Dumezil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 am

Redwyn wrote:Depends which bully breed we're talking about, as it is often a blanket term used to cover multiple bully breeds and BBM (as much as I agree or disagree with it being used as such). So we'll briefly cover the American Pit Bull Terrier.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is a breed specifically bred for animal aggression if we are talking about a responsibly bred dog meant to be temperamentally appropriate and a representation of the breed. They were a breed that first originally started popping up in England after boar baiting became illegal in the 1800s. To fight other dogs.

Human aggression (HA) in the breed usually meant the dog was culled. HA is unfortunately a occasional side effect of breeding for gameness, the purpose of the original APBT. When back yard breeders started producing them, the HA dogs were no longer culled as often which is why we sometimes see the human aggressive APBT.

In conclusion:
The breed is more likely to be human and dog (or other pet) aggressive because it was originally bred for game. Both genetics and environment play a role in dogs. If it didn't, we wouldn't have specific breeds for specific dogs: border collies are bred to herd, hunting dogs are bred to hunt, cavaliers are bred to be well tempered lap dogs. Are there exceptions? Yes, in every breed. Especially one so watered down and over produced by back yard breeders. Does it mean all pit bulls are bad dogs and need to be banned? No. But people getting them should be aware of what they were bred for and keep them appropriately, not anthropomorphize them. That's how you end up with accidents like the ones you hear in the news and when they ban BBM in certain places.

I don't think HA is a side effect of gameness. Gamedogs definitely aren't more likely to be human aggressive, they've never been bred for HA traits, they're not guard dogs. I don't see how the ability to fight even when they're beat down makes them more likely to have HA, but if they were that'd be bad. Watered down show APBTs aren't more likely to be HA either, these dogs ace temperament tests.
The only reason I can see them being prone to HA is through absolutely terrible breeding. These dogs are not likely to be HA.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me