Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby mawsoleum » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:55 am

deltas wrote:still on the topic of star, but not as bad, i really want another cat. my two cats right now aren't very cuddly cats, and my cat star was extremely cuddly and loved me with her whole heart. i'm just afraid if i get another cat, i'll feel like i'm replacing star. but it's been six months so i feel like i should be over it by now. did anyone have the same experience?

i've gone through this multiple times, i've had 12 cats over the span of my childhood and each time they passed i felt something similar. however, just know you aren't replacing them at all, if the cat meant something to you (which obviously it did, otherwise you wouldn't feel torn over it) they can never be truly replaced.
and don't worry about "getting over it", it can take as long or short a time as you need and there's no reason to think you have to be past them by a certain point. whenever you feel ready i'd say go for it, you aren't replacing your old cat, just welcoming in a new one!

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
pfp: wafflecat /// sig: thecynicalhound
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strength » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:02 pm

I recently adopted a cat 2 days ago for the holiday (7 months old), her name is Jade and I already have a 7 year old cat named Jasmyn. Jade is still a little nervous, she's been hiding in this small cat jungle lately. She's okay with me petting her but she's terrified if I grab her and she hasn't come out of the cat jungle thing unless I'm sleeping. Anything I can do to make her get used to it? I've kept her in my bedroom, separated from my other cat (who has never met another cat before) so she doesn't stress out.
Hello! I'm Hyena/Rosie/Strength/Jedi etc.
I have no pronoun preference, call me whatever!
My timezone is EST and I'm not normally on in the mornings.
I'm usually on daily but have my days where I disappear.
I have many different interests in all sorts of themes + pm friendly <3.
I collect all sorts of things like Disney, dolls, VHS movies, vinyls and more.
sig art by Birdy, ava by Deltach

Strength

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:34 pm

deltas wrote:still on the topic of star, but not as bad, i really want another cat. my two cats right now aren't very cuddly cats, and my cat star was extremely cuddly and loved me with her whole heart. i'm just afraid if i get another cat, i'll feel like i'm replacing star. but it's been six months so i feel like i should be over it by now. did anyone have the same experience?

In my adult life I've had 14 cats, three of them are still alive, and the rest have passed on over the space of 25 years or so (along with various dogs rabbits and horses). You can never ever replace an animal. You can however find space in your heart and home for a new one and that's not the same thing. But - and this is an important but - you shouldn't get another cat just because you want one, you also need to look at the happiness of your existing cats. Do they get on well, or just tolerate each other? if the latter then don't get another cat. Also you'll need to pick with some care to find a cat that will be happy living with others - it is quite a rare trait as cats aren't naturally good at sharing space with other cats who aren't either related, or been brought up with them.

Right now I'd love to have another cat, but I know the group dynamics would suffer if I got one. Two of mine are joined at the hip and the third is ok with them, but not that friendly. I don't want to upset the equilibrium. I once fostered a pair of cats for a friend of a friend. It was really obvious to me that they hated each other, and yet they'd been living together for 5 years and no one had noticed. Tia spent all her time outside to keep away from Purdy who was really horrible to her. Both were stressed. Eventually the friend took Tia home and left Purdy with me (10 years old, multiple allergies, heart murmur, 'lumpy' liver... just my sort of cat!) Tia turned into a couch potato overnight, and Purdy became a lovely friendly animal, not the hissy spitty cow she had been.

Some years after that I also had a Star - black with a tiny white spot on his chest. He had also been blind from birth, and he came to me when he was 16. I had him for 2 years and he became my soulmate. He was always there, always happy to chat, always wanted to be on top of anything - if he could get his front paws on it he'd jump onto it (he landed in the bin a couple of times!). He was pts because of kidney failure the day we also buried my cousin, and the same day a stray kitten turned up in the yard. We couldn't find her proper owners so she became my 'therapy kitten'. She'd have been 7 now if she hadn't got herself killed on the road a couple of years ago :(
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blueberry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:52 pm

A TNR cat has been hanging around my neighborhood, primarily my backyard, and of course, I have fallen in love with him and named him Jude. (I named him after the song Hey Jude by the Beatles) I made him a nice, cozy cat house and put it in my shed (Its insulated with hay, too.) I give him two hearty meals a day and pet him frequently. I would like to make him an outside cat but there's a small little problem: Jasper. Jasper is my year-and-a-half cat whose been an only cat since he was just a baby. I've tried nearly everything. I even tried rubbing a sock on Jude and letting Jasper smell it but nothing has worked. Just now I persuaded Jude to come inside for a moment but Jasper lashed out ._. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also, if I pet Jude and Jasper smells him on my hands he claws me :')
Blueberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 am

Starlight Blue wrote:I wanna get so many kitties ;w; I wanna get a Bengal someday (who I plan to call Jordi XD), and I have a variety of other kitty names I would name my fuzzy babies. So anxious to get to the day where I can make this happen.

Just make sure to do plenty of research before you settle on a specific breed. Bengals are known to be very active and needy, which can easily lead to destructive behaviors if you can't put in enough time to play with them and satisfy all of their needs.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:30 am

my baby ❤️
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:13 am

New here, I own three cats. Have no pictures to show at this time unfortunately.

Snowpaw, a white long-hair with a black spot on her head. She's going on 15 this year. Still a cranky old gal as ever, can still get to where she wants so her age isn't effecting her ability to play or nap where she likes. Cx She doesn't like me much, because when I was five I once dumped a Dixie cup of water on her and she's never gotten over that. She's very salty all the time, but she's gentle to my brother and grandmother. Her name has no relation to the Warrior's fandom.

Mia, she's going on 6-7 years. She was my Dad's cat but after he moved he couldn't afford her so she lives with my grandmother. A beautiful black cat with yellow-green eyes. Very cheerful, loves to follow people around and sometimes acts more like a dog then a cat. Always begging for table scraps, lightly patting your leg for attention, she even watches tv. She'll run up on her favorite chair when the tv turns on. Her favorite shows are youtube videos of birds, and watching my siblings and I play SSB4. Recently she's started sleeping with me when I visit. She paws at the door until I let her in, then she lays on a pillow next to me or in a box on the floor. In the morning around 4 she wakes me up with headbutts and licks till I get up and let her out.

Alchemy is my last cat, and my baby. I found her outside when she was just a kitten, along with her siblings. Her siblings were taken by a older woman, who moved. So I don't know what became of them. But Alchemy got to stay with us and she's been a happy (and slightly chubby but we're working on that) cat. She's also the smallest cat I've ever owned. We're not sure why she's stayed so small. At no point was she sick or injured to have stunt her growth but she's about the size of an average juvenile cat, even though she's going on being 5. She doesn't seem to mind her size though compared to the other cats. Still enjoys playing and sleeping in the sun. She's black and white with greenish eyes. Loves to talk to people with chirping and meowing noises. During storms she hides under my bed blankets until I come and sit with her.

Currently we have some baskets and boxes scattered around the house, along with 3 scratching post. Two of them have baskets attached but they are getting worn down. So we're thinking about buying our first cat tree. Something with enough room for all cats to sleep comfortably- since Snowpaw gets annoyed around the other two cats. She probably thinks her age is giving away her 'I'm the boss of this house' to Mia. But I don't think she has to worry. Anyway we're looking at one with an enclosed box area for Alchemy who loves to hide, and a open top bed for Snowpaw so she can lay in the sun. Also thought about adding a ramp for the later years of Snowpaw.

Mia and Snowpaw love to sit outside on the porch, though they are not allowed down the steps or to the ground. They sit with whoever's outside in the summer time in the chairs or by the flowerpots. Mia has to be watched more carefully. She likes to explore a little too much. And lastly Alchemy doesn't like to come outside but she likes to sit by open windows. Which I think is funny because she was originally an outdoor cat.

So that's my introduction to the cat chat.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MommaFinnyBoi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm

I have a cat who adopted my family. He had been hanging around our house for a bit so we fed him and now he stays. We named him Red Beard (because he has a red tuff of fur on his chin) and even took him to our new house when we moved. He is an outdoor cat when we found him and he is staying that way because of our dogs. We haven't really bought dry cat food in a while so we have been giving him dog food and he really has fattened up. It's funny seeing a cat walk on your porch one day all skin and bones and now he has gotten so big xD
MommaFinnyBoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:10 am

back in december mhysa got pictures with the "dog on the shelf" at the clinic where i work and honestly please just appreciate that crosseyed stare in the first picture

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
pfp: wafflecat /// sig: thecynicalhound
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:57 am

Hey, does anyone else's cat here have feline IBD?

My cat takes daily medication to control his symptoms.

Does anyone know if this effects a cat's life expectancy? I'm hoping that with the medication he'll still have a painless and happy long life.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me