The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What kinds of rodents do you own?

Chinchilla/s
5%
Degu/s
2%
Gerbil/s
6%
Guinea Pig/s
16%
Hamster/s
18%
Mouse/mice
8%
Rat/s
20%
None :c
20%
None, but I'm getting some soon!
6%

Total votes : 2028

Re: The BRODENTS! Rodent Enthusiast Thread!

Postby KelsieCollie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 am

Hello,
hope it's ok to join discussion! ^^
I had many rodents in my live. My most faves are probably rats. I love their friendly character <3 I had 7 babs (6 girls and 1 boy), but they are all gone now :c They are really not low-maintenance pets, so I have just one hamster girl now. She is 3 months old just by today, her name is Shelby c:
My art shop
I log on from my cousin's computer, BoženkaArachnid, from school computer and from sepotka's comp(we are friends!)..
Greetings from Czech Republic! :3
KelsieCollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 am

@KelsieCollie
Your hamster is very cute. I've never been much of a hamster fan, but I must admit that Shelby is very gorgeous and looks like a sweetie. Happy 3 month anniversary to her!

MoonfallTheFox wrote:The only way to keep them chewing your things is keep your things out of reach of the rats. Rats chew. It's their nature.

I was wearing the shirts when they chewed on them, and the gauge was in my ear. Can't really keep them away from those objects indefinitely. I didn't really mind all that much, though. I just thought that it was rather funny. I don't really buy expensive clothes because I don't really see the point in it. So, having a couple of tiny chew marks in a few of my graphic T-shirts isn't going to kill me. I can just wear those ones while working outside this summer. lol
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisiel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:14 am

Kat wrote:I was wearing the shirts when they chewed on them, and the gauge was in my ear. Can't really keep them away from those objects indefinitely. I didn't really mind all that much, though. I just thought that it was rather funny. I don't really buy expensive clothes because I don't really see the point in it. So, having a couple of tiny chew marks in a few of my graphic T-shirts isn't going to kill me. I can just wear those ones while working outside this summer. lol

I have accidentally went to work once in a top that my rats have chewed a tiniest little hole in. It was near the bottom of the top and by the end of the day the whole was as wide as my finger because I kept playing with it after I had noticed. I do not have said top anymore 😂
Stay positive.

Kisiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Kat wrote:
MoonfallTheFox wrote:The only way to keep them chewing your things is keep your things out of reach of the rats. Rats chew. It's their nature.

I was wearing the shirts when they chewed on them, and the gauge was in my ear. Can't really keep them away from those objects indefinitely. I didn't really mind all that much, though. I just thought that it was rather funny. I don't really buy expensive clothes because I don't really see the point in it. So, having a couple of tiny chew marks in a few of my graphic T-shirts isn't going to kill me. I can just wear those ones while working outside this summer. lol

My rats tried chewing my blanket and bedpost and I can't really put those out of reach XD I don't mind too much especially if it's an old shirt, I almost think it adds character!

Harlow. wrote:
Hmmm...mebbe it needs more cerulean? Or true red? "
*holds up paws to frame* "Hey do we have carnation pink?"

Oh my gosh, that is too cute!! I love the wavy fur on your baby <3 may I ask what kind of paint you use? I've always wanted to do something like that

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 pm

Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXshewolvXx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:19 pm

My sister was playing a horror game and we had the rats out. She got a heart Attack and screamed but the poor rats hid behind my giant horse plushie. It was adorable
xXshewolvXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:42 pm

Getting so close to time to pair these two up! I can’t wait to see what they produce together! Kiwi is such a sweet doe, she’s one of my favorite does! Killian is a total squishy chill boy, I’m hoping for some nice tempered babies out f these two, hopefully with some nice marbles if I’m lucky lol
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:47 pm

.Middy. wrote:Image

Getting so close to time to pair these two up! I can’t wait to see what they produce together! Kiwi is such a sweet doe, she’s one of my favorite does! Killian is a total squishy chill boy, I’m hoping for some nice tempered babies out f these two, hopefully with some nice marbles if I’m lucky lol

The first ratttoo is such a beautiful color! What cute little squishy rats! Can't wait to see the babies.
Do you have an active selling rattery or breed for the fun of it?
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXshewolvXx » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:27 am

My adorable babies <3 there would have been 3 but Misty passed away. Shuffles has red eyes, and Rose has black eyes.
Last edited by xXshewolvXx on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xXshewolvXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:14 am

Rose.Bloom- I have a rattery, personally I don’t agree with breeding just for ‘fun’ there is a lot to it. I’ve lost a entire litter and could have lost the mother as well. The mother is my favorite doe, and it was a litter I spent months waiting on and hoping for. Breeding is not something that should be done just for fun, rats can die, some need to be culled, etc.

I’m thinking of breeding these two for some Siamese babies as well. Depending how they turn out will decide if I start a Siamese line too lol. Wasn’t impressed with Tempe’s first litter at all, but hoping Dragon can fix the problems that litter had. If not, she will be soft culled and i might use Dragon on my black hooded doe Jabberwocky.

I promise Dragon isn’t actually as dirty as he looks haha! He’s a marked Siamese and depending on the lighting can look pee stained but it’s just his coloring.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me