Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby Kyuremu » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:10 am

Username: Kyuremu
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: --
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I know about Chicken Smoothie several years ago. Someone was leaving Flight Rising maybe because they want to try a different website. So I decided to give this site a try.
What do you like best so far?: Butterfly Wolves.
Any questions?: Can we cross trade? I feel like I heard that it was allowed before. Could use some help warming up to users and knowing what the snake am I doing with trading.
Kyuremu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirissea » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Username: Lirissea
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English is fine. I can read/speak/write a smattering of other languages with minimal fluency.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: >.>' I blame PFQ
What do you like best so far?: OMG the shiny babs!
Any questions?: Uhm... what do I DO now? Aside from build a hoard.... >.>
Lirissea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midde » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:31 pm

I haven't received a reply from my Newbie at all and it has been over a week.
Can I be added to the list again? Thanks!
|Adult||Nov. 15th|♂ Any Pronouns|MST/MDT|Nocturnal|
{Adopt a Newbie}{Freebie Group}{Music}
Midde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Username: Mistykeka
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have not in the game itself, yet many of my friends in real life have joined recently and I frequently am responding to texts or PM's from them asking for help when trading or adopting pets, and I'm always happy to help!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I should be allowed a newbie because as I stated before am used to helping people, and I know when I first joined I would have loved some assistance, as at the time, I spent most of my time scrolling through threads if I had a question which took time, and Google was my best friend when it came to help. I also realize that some older members of Chicken Smoothie may be sometimes annoyed by the mistakes made by newbies and I feel it's not only important to make sure it's understood that they're still figuring things out, yet I also I want to help them to avoid mistakes so that they'll be met with kindness, success from trading and chatting, as well as respect from other players. If I'm unclear on something, I'll never be afraid to PM someone I know is more knowledgable on the subject or spend a few minutes-hours scrolling through various threads if I have a question or if my newbie has a question I'm slightly unclear about, as I want to make sure they have a correct answer. All in all, I want to make sure they have fun and understand everything while playing Chicken Smoothie, as having fun is most important!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I'm online daily, for around 5+ hours on a weekend or break day, and 2-3+ hours on a busy day with school and such, but at least 15-30 minutes in the morning and 2+ hours in the evening no matter what.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): Two at the most
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Username: Lexi</3
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Instagram
What do you like best so far?: The pets
Any questions?: no
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Username:
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Finnish, Swedish
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have a ton of trades but I recently deleted alot most are just gifts for newer players and I opened a adoption center to help people and I am a holibomber but I cant find any where I really truly helped any like very well. But I just wanna help newbies since when I first joined I never got a helper and I just wanna help them because they just started and probably have no idea how to play this game. It would be an honor to help a newbie!
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Well, thats a tricky question. I do love helping people and it makes me happy knowing I made someone else happy and helping people is what I like doing most.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: almost every day, for a few hours and on weekends and vacations almost all day
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): I can do as many as I am given. so 1-5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree.

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby popping star » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:30 am

Username: Valtameri
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I'm fluent in English.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have gifted new players, and I used to run an adoption center. I cannot find the thread as it was long ago though.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on CS two years now. I don't know much of the community, but I'd like to interact more with it. I'm pretty comfortable with the trading system, and know how to check if a trade is fair or not. I've seen new players accidentally accept trades that were extremely unfair to them, and I want to help others avoid that. I check the forums constantly, and know a lot of threads with helpful information. I know how to use the Oekaki as well so I can help with questions about that. When I first joined, I did not get a helper. I had to learn how CS works on my own and it was frustrating at times. I want to make sure newbies are treated just like a member of the family.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I come online every day. I check CS multiple times each hour. I probably spend around 6 hours on CS all together.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I have reread all the information multiple times!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I will do whatever I can to help assist them.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hongjoongie. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 am

Username: pidgeon.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none/only fluent in english
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i used to run a giveaway thread, although that was a long time ago. more recently, i helped out in sinbreaker's 1000+ r/vr giveaway as a coppa helper. i also tend to help people on digitally distinct.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: i've been on this site for about two years now, and one thing i've noticed is that the community, for the most part, is so kind! i'm definitely striving to be one of those people as well, and i hope that, as time goes on, i can help out with more events. in general, love helping people! i know what it's like to be confused or lost, and i dont want other people to have to go through that! i love being able to brighten someones day by helping them out, no matter how big or small the problem is. it's something i've done for a while, both in real life, and on other games. im someone who feels a lot of happiness from seeing other people happy, and one of the best ways to make someone happy is by helping them when they need it!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i get on at least once a day. im more active on the weekends/over school breaks, and im typically on for about 4-6 hours total. during weekdays, i have school, so at most, im really only on for an hour total. however, i check my pms/forum posts multiple times, and i typically find the time to respond to them.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): only 1 at the moment. it might change once im less busy with school
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yep! i've read it all and i understand all of it.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: of course! i'll be sure to help them with whatever they need, and i'll definitely be sure to be polite c:
very!! inactive!! sorry to anyone
who has tried to contact me/trade with me.
i'm trying to get back into cs, please be
patient with me <3
cat cr.

hongjoongie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:04 am

Username: TomBoyCOOLCH13
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English and prefer it
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I had friends on another game they suggested it to me and said they would take me under their wing but they have not done so and have tried to take my "good pets" from me
What do you like best so far?: I love the art here and how kind people are to new people :3
Any questions?: I don't know how to code or set rules or what slang terms mean here and I don't know rares or even how to trade at all. I usually have to buy my pets with C$ which is really annoying and bad. Please may I also have help in the art area? I need help understanding how to use it to the best of my ability. Please help I would be forever grateful if someone can take the time to thoroughly help me
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spencer Reid » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:44 am

TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:Username: TomBoyCOOLCH13
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English and prefer it
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I had friends on another game they suggested it to me and said they would take me under their wing but they have not done so and have tried to take my "good pets" from me
What do you like best so far?: I love the art here and how kind people are to new people :3
Any questions?: I don't know how to code or set rules or what slang terms mean here and I don't know rares or even how to trade at all. I usually have to buy my pets with C$ which is really annoying and bad. Please may I also have help in the art area? I need help understanding how to use it to the best of my ability. Please help I would be forever grateful if someone can take the time to thoroughly help me

As for slang terms, here's a quick guide:
PPS - Peter Pan Syndrome, the pet will stay in child form forever
NFT - Not for trade
NEFT - Never ever for trade
OOC - out of context/out of character, A thread that's usually connected to a roleplay, usually where forms are posted and the roleplayers can chat about the roleplay
A lot of the rest is text lingo.
I'll send you a trade that's pretty fair, so you can see.
As for coding, there are buttons at the top of the text editor that will help you out. This is what the coding look like:
Code: Select all
[b]Bold[/b]
[i]italics[/i]
[u]underlined[/u]
[strike]strikethrough[/strike]
[code]A code box like this![/code]
[quote=name, like seriously, any name]a quote box like the one above[/quote]

If you can't wait to be assigned an adopter, feel free to pm me with questions about trades or coding or anything else. Oekaki is difficult to summarize, but if you have specific questions, there are plenty of people who would be happy to help you.
Spencer Reid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me