❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby .Cas. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?

For me, definitely.

I have based many characters in my main novel on real people. So it kind of makes me realize how much time changes personality. Yet, I've made such distinct changes to them, thier almost like totally different people.

I enjoy building new worlds.

-

Code: Select all
[b]What is your way of curing writers block?[/b]

-

I'd also want to put out thier that I am looking to help with any writing projects aviaible. I love helping authors write, and I'd like to help people out on this site before I start my own stuff. Please PM if intrested
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 pm

wow i've been dead to the world huh
anyway i'm procrastinating working on a poetry project due tomorrow (which i still have two poems and 200 words to go rip me)
i really need to write something. i'll probably a 200 word a day challenge or smth bc i haven't written anything in a month? yikes

have you ever had an agender character? if so, how did you use pronouns for them? if not, how do you think you'd use pronouns?
i haven't, but if i did, i'd use they/them (or maybe some other pronoun) and use "themself" instead of "themselves".

do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
i find that it lets me hide from reality, but it makes me terribly aware of my poor mental state and total lack of motivation. i'd rather saw my hand off than write an original piece, but sometimes it helps me deal with everything.

what is your way of curing writers block?
i write self-indulgent fanfiction. it lets me do whatever i want with pre-developed characters and even a storyline i can work off of. i suppose it's not the best idea, but it works okay for me. that being said, i've been struggling with mental health a lot lately, so the most writing i've done was creating fan theories for how vampires work.
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
Well, it distracts me from my life, my current situation, but it makes me aware of the greater panorama of life, the 'bigger picture' to borrow with one of the sorriest cliches.

What is your way of curing writers block?
Ignoring it? Going and drawing or watching a show if I have artist's block too, basically either totally pretending that writing doesn't exsist or reading old writing and writing prompts.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm

I find that writing is a distraction from my life. Even when I was creating poems while depressed, of which I did often while in Middle to High School. Even though it brought the problem up I just found it easier to walk away from afterwards. It was a way to healthily get out what was bothering me without hurting others or telling someone that I was hurting. (Which is really bad in itself. Please tell someone that you trust if you're hurting really bad like this. It's not good to keep to yourself for a long period of time.)

Of my poems, 'My Wall' was one of those that brought up those problems, addressed them but made me feel better afterward. It was a way to cope without Chuggaaconroy. It was a way to cope without bothering my mom. It was a way to cope without being told to shut up and go away by my father.

So it was a lovely distraction for me. But I stopped after I moved away. I had no more drive to actually create poems, so even though I love poetry. I don't make it anymore so nowadays I don't know if that's still true.

I'm still a bit awkward sharing stuff like this. But it's on my wattpad so meh?

To be honest. I really don't. Sometimes I forget I'm an Author, as I walk away from my writing for long periods of time. So I think that helps with it? Maybe? Not really? I read ideas and then go "That'd be a great idea for -insert book here- maybe I should write that down" And then I don't. And forget. Lmao.

I have three questions of my own.

[b]What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?[/b]

[b]Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?[/b]

[b]Who do you base your characters off of?[/b]

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:53 pm

Like most people, it does both depending on what I'm writing. When I'm just having fun, creating a story that isn't based on anything personal, it distracts me from my life. Sometimes, though, I have to write something based on personal experience and (if that experience wasn't good) analyzing and re-living it can be... uncomfortable.

Depends on why I have writers block. If I can't write because I don't know how to write a particular scene, I just work on something else. If I can't write because I'm feeling down, then I focus on feeling better before I try to do any writing. If I can't write because of a lack of inspiration, I read/watch things that I know inspire me and that have cured writers block for me in the past.

polysaccharide wrote:wow i've been dead to the world huh
anyway i'm procrastinating working on a poetry project due tomorrow (which i still have two poems and 200 words to go rip me)
i really need to write something. i'll probably a 200 word a day challenge or smth bc i haven't written anything in a month? yikes

-snip-

Good luck with that!

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why?
My favourite character to write for is Malik, because he's so intelligent but also kinda a psychopath. He loves to intimidate and scare people, and always strives to be unexpected and never bothered by anything. It makes for interesting conversations.

Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?
My main source of inspiration when all else fails... here. Such a creative person, and incredibly weird.

Who do you base your characters off of?
Always a mix of people I know, myself, and other characters. Rarely anyone or anything specific.

I have a question, to add to all the others:
[b]Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?[/b]

I recently started doing this and it is surprisingly helpful. Plus, it'll probably be fun to read (and cringe at) when I'm older.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:21 pm

@morioh your signature is fabulous oml

Both. I write to escape but I also write because I can't express my emotions, so it makes me more aware sometimes.

*laughs then cries I'd answer but I can't even cure my own. And it's gotten worse recently.

Characters who aren't all there, characters who are only evil cuz they're scared, characters who are deeper than they seem.

NICO FREAKING DI ANGELO. NOAH CZERNY. THE ENTIRE GANGSEY. Magnus Chase, too. I had my Magnus before those books started coming out though, thank you very much. There are too many to count.

I try not to base mine off of anyone. They're their own people to me and I try to make them as such.

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
I have my character development notebooks, and I tend to write ideas in the margins. And song lyrics. A lot of song lyrics.
I have a lot of ideas saved in drafts on here and my email too though.

Also just real quick look at these two babs. (My cats - the black one is Mason and the other is Leo Valdez.)
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Definitely a distraction. I have no idea what's been going on with my family if I write too long without breaks, and the day just disappears like that

Never give up. or just, y'know, resist for awhile and then move on *sobbing laughter*

Interesting ones, because they catch my fancy. Give them laughter and scars — contradictions — just like real humans

No one, if you mean real people? If you mean characters, then see above! :p

Humans in general

I use... schoolbooks. Memory. Phone. Computer. Spoken words. Notebooks. Random scraps of paper. The backs of pictures I've drawn. Over top of pictures I've drawn. Might have even written on my hand at one point? So yeah nah XD

none of this exists. wrote:Also just real quick look at these two babs. (My cats - the black one is Mason and the other is Leo Valdez.)
Oh, the furry cuteness! <3 Hey, Leo actually looks a lot like our tomcat
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 am

what kind of characters do you like to write for? why?
i love writing the cocky, questionable characters who are probably always under the influence of one illegal substance or another. their dialogue is so much fun and i feel like i connect with them more than down-to-business formal characters. i also really like writing criminals, because a) i kinda want to be them and b) they’re so dynamic and fun! you never know what you’re gonna get when i tell you a story is about a thief because there’s not a stereotypical thief character in anything!

speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?
this people who made the good vines. i owe them my life honestly. seven seconds of story starter? yes please.

who do you base your characters off of?
other fictional characters. or myself. i’m really not that creative.

do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
no, but if i have a really good one then i’ll type of up in the notes on my phone. i can types faster than write, so if it’s a dream or something like it, then i can get more things down before forgetting them.
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:28 am

Error 404: answer not found.
I really don't know, find some writing prompts? Just get anything down, you can always go back later and proofread/edit.

I like to write for characters that are the polar opposite of myself, or just aren't conventional characters. I like to explore different mindsets and psyches to my own, and to create a character that is as far gone from me is the best way to do that.

People from the bands I listen to are a huge inspiration. Going into their songs, looking at the deeper meanings and in turn realising things about the members you might not have noticed before it a huge inspiration to me. For example, November Rain by Guns 'N' Roses is a really interesting one, because the lyrics explore Axl Rose's desire to be alone when he needs to be, that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise in the news or other information I already had about him.

Also, I think my favourite book characters are up there. Sirius Black is the one who springs to mind. His character just has so many layers to it that are revealed to the reader so gradually over the three books in which he features, which is a huge inspiration to me because I would want to emulate that kind of gradual, perfect character development in my own writing.

I've probably answered this question before, but here goes. In an old project of mine, my two protagonists were based off of myself, and off of my polar opposite traits. It was a really interesting dynamic, that I'm just not confident enough in my writing to explore just yet.
My current protag, Femie, she's based off a lot of things. My biggest influence for her is the TV show Orange Is The New Black, because of the large Hispanic cast. There are so many different personalities and areas of Hispanic culture explored in that show which not only helps me to accurately write about a culture which I am not a part of, but it also means that I can kind of understand the mannerisms and idioms in Hispanic culture for Femie. She's also influenced by John Coffey and Andy Dufresne from The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption - characters in a prison setting who are innocent. Andy Dufresne is determined and creates this elaborate plan to escape no matter the costs, and John Coffey is complacent in his fate and accepts what's coming to him. I plan to kind of explore both ends of this spectrum with Femie, later in the book when she starts to lose hope from the emotional pressure of the doors. Even though she won't actually be in a prison, the reminders of her time in prison will be present as she works her way through the doors, although the actual setting itself is a sort of prison of never-ending doors.

Sometimes? I write my ideas down wherever I can at the time I have them - school work, phone notes, a random word document. I mean, I'll write it on my hand if I'm in a situation where I have no other options (which isn't often as I've noticed that teachers are more lenient with us having phones out in class in sixth form).
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Cas. » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:40 am

I don't have a preference. I love writing for all different types of characters to see how other personalities work with each other. I usually tend to lean towards fiction writing, so it is interesting to see how characters can interact with a fictional world.

Music. Music is very inspiring because I pull lyrics from songs. I also draw my characters for inspiration.

As I said earlier, MOST characters in my main novel are based off real people. Other times, they are not. I usually just do some gogle searching and combine things i find.
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me