❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Hopeful❤Wishes » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 am

Hi, I've never been on this thread before, but i'm definitely a lazy writer (i'm still working on my darn NaNo project...). So, um hi, happy new years
Anyways...
Have you ever had an agender character? If so, how did you use pronouns for them? If not, how do you think you'd use pronouns?
I have had an agender character before, and what i used was they/them and their name. You could also try other pronouns like xe/xir.

Sup, I'm Kaybee!

I'm just a tiny bi girl who spends way too much time creating characters rather than writing about them.
PM me if you want to see my writing, because I have tons. (or just to talk, i'm lonely lol)

TRADES: OPEN
Hopeful❤Wishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scoopyfrog » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 am

Have you ever had an agender character? If so, how did you use pronouns for them? If not, how do you think you'd use pronouns?

I have a couple! My character Sanna is probably genderfluid or demigirl; their story takes place in 1920s San Francisco, so when I'm writing in that era I use he/him and sometimes she/her pronouns although their story still focuses on them being genderqueer. In one-offs or AUs which take place in modern day, I use they/them and she/her. My character Poema lives in ancient Polynesia, and is also an ocean-creature turned human, so not only are they agender as hell but they just goes along with whatever pronouns the islanders use for them.
I love collecting critters <3

- Magistream -
ImageImageImageImageImage

- Dragcave -
ImageImageImageImageImage
scoopyfrog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:25 pm

Hopeful❤Wishes wrote:Hi, I've never been on this thread before, but i'm definitely a lazy writer (i'm still working on my darn NaNo project...). So, um hi, happy new years
Anyways...
I have had an agender character before, and what i used was they/them and their name. You could also try other pronouns like xe/xir.
HEY, Kaybee! Welcome along, I haven't seen ya for ages! :D Keep an eye-out for carrots, okay? They can be deadly.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Happy new years, peeps!

What are your writing goals for 2018?
To write. Like anything.

I have an agender character right now actually. They're currently unnamed, but yeah. I do their pronouns the way I do mine - they, them, their, etc.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:38 am

Hi all! I'm back! Happy new year!

Welcome to the thread @hopeless!

Honestly, to write things that have some meaning to me and actually make me feel some sort of accomplishment when I finish writing them. Things where I'm just spilling out the innermost parts of my soul into words so that I can have some sort of basis to rationalise the mess that is my head. Using it as a coping mechanism mainly *shrugs*
Oh! Also, I want to get to Door 100 in 10,000 Doors - a bit unrealistic but I can dream can't I?

I have never actually had a character of any non-binary gender, but I would just treat them in the same way I do myself: not draw any attention to it, use they/them pronouns and just let everyone else accept that fact that they don't have a gender, without really asking questions about it.

(explaining my absence for anyone who was wondering - don't really need to read it ^^
Little explanation for my week-ish long hiatus: honestly, I've just lost my flair for anything creative right now. My mental health has taken a long walk off a short pier and I just needed some time away from CS in general (I only came on to reply to a friend on here). Anyways, it's getting better at the moment, I kind of really missed this thread, but some part of me wanted to avoid it for a while, idk why? I'll be posting more often now, be more active and try to use writing as a distraction from the bad things going on in my life right now.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am

oh man I'm sorry I've been so inactive- Imma try to respond to a bunch of stuff later, for now I'm gonna answer questions

I write a lot of gender-queer characters. agender, I just use they/them. my favorite thing to do is with a character who might be genderfluid or bigender I specify their gender at the beginning of a chapter, or if they're trans I might have like 1st person perspective or a friend's perspective using feminine tones and pronouns but someone who they aren't out to using masculine, etc.

clean my docs, write,, at all
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:09 pm

I hope things clear up for you soon, Dev.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:18 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
I hope things clear up for you soon, Dev.

Thanks Ranger <3

New question bc the thread died!

Code: Select all
[b]Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?[/b]

Personally, I find it kind of does both? When I'm having a down episode, one of the things that helps is to just pour my emotions out into some writing, be it in a poem or just writing without any structure. But then afterwards, it makes me really acutely aware of the thing that caused me to spill my feelings in the first place. I mean, it can be helpful because it will help me to understand why I'm feeling down so I can address the issue, but then it can also just confuse me more. Is that weird? Honestly, I've been having such a love-hate relationship with writing lately ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:04 am

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?

Definitely both. In the rare cases that I don't write about mythology or fantasy or anything like that, I'm writing poems that constantly make me question my own existence. I am filled with existential fear and crippling depression. Then I have to stop writing poems and go back to fantasy because in the end, fantasy is what takes me away from the reality of this world and brings me into a world of my own creation where I guess I can find happiness for a little while.

Okay this was a little bit depressing.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
I feel like writing should generally have no connection to your real life. It ckind of completely defeats the entire purpose (creating a world and people as though they were real independantly of the "real" world).
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me