For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Shian » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:07 am

Demand always increases because more users join and want to try for that fabled "complete collection".
Heck even I gave up on the idea that I could maintain one after successfully doing so for three years.
So many pets get released each month and the more litters that are released, the easier it is to miss outcomes.

When users decide to quit, they more than likely just stop logging in rather than donating pets to the pound in case they ever come back.

I will say, I'm always surprised and amazed when I see people gifting for no other reason than to help out.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:31 am

The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

CS rare list can basically be thrown away and maybe we should start making a demand list, putting the cerberusses around UR tigers and take all rats of the list xD maybe add zodiacs and shima longtail to the insane demand list as well...
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:50 am

♥Sterek♥ wrote:The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

CS rare list can basically be thrown away and maybe we should start making a demand list, putting the cerberusses around UR tigers and take all rats of the list xD maybe add zodiacs and shima longtail to the insane demand list as well...

wait...zodiacs are..in demand now??? and what even are the shimas going for nowadays? man im old

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:53 am

This was nearly 6 years ago...I don't remember Shima's being so valuable???

I've been trying to track down the PPS Club thread. Does anybody remember it? :')

I agree about how the influx of new members has affected the value of pets. I always cry a little inside though when I look at old trading partners who haven't been on in YEARS and they have so many good pets just...sitting there...

Somebody did try to revive the Rant thread, but was quickly taken down xD You might have to make a tumblr blog for such things aha~
she/her / adult / artist
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:48 am

lancelotl wrote:
♥Sterek♥ wrote:The rant thread isnt a thing anymore!! Thats one of the biggest things I remember from back in the days before my hiatus..

wait...zodiacs are..in demand now??? and what even are the shimas going for nowadays? man im old

Omy you dont know the crazy things ive seen. Ive seen a line tribal for a full 12 zodiac set. Ive seen an UR flower for the zodiac set! Ive seen offers of several 09 rares for 1 zodiac.. IDGI!! same for the shima and the pps lion I think they go for like mid advents at least.
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:29 am

Skiv wrote:This was nearly 6 years ago...I don't remember Shima's being so valuable???

I've been trying to track down the PPS Club thread. Does anybody remember it? :')

I agree about how the influx of new members has affected the value of pets. I always cry a little inside though when I look at old trading partners who haven't been on in YEARS and they have so many good pets just...sitting there...

Somebody did try to revive the Rant thread, but was quickly taken down xD You might have to make a tumblr blog for such things aha~

Oh my! Back in the day I had three Shimas, I can't find the trades, but I remember trading my other two for trades much similar to that xD

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:49 am

On the side note, I also never understood why they changed the style of this fox, I liked it.
ImageImage
Last edited by FriedApplePie on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:51 am

PrettyPieK wrote:
On the side note, I also never understood why they changed the style of this fox, I liked it.
ImageImage

Shima fennecs were changed for much the same reasons as the old equimagine horses:
Note about related issues with CS fennec foxes:
Some users have made sure to remind us that we had a similar issue in 2010 with another CS artist (Shima.Luan) who (allegedly) copied from photograph(s) to produce the CS Fennec Foxes. I don't have it on hand but I believe there is sufficient proof of at least one of the growth stages being copied from a photograph. These are likely to also be replaced, but we don't have a new lineart yet, so we'll make a new announcement about those in the future.

Here is the news thread will all the info. Since a huge reason for getting rid of the old linearts was concerns about the fact that some of them were traced, they will not be brought back any more.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:59 am

ZΕL wrote:
PrettyPieK wrote:
ImageImage

Shima fennecs were changed for much the same reasons as the old equimagine horses:
Note about related issues with CS fennec foxes:
Some users have made sure to remind us that we had a similar issue in 2010 with another CS artist (Shima.Luan) who (allegedly) copied from photograph(s) to produce the CS Fennec Foxes. I don't have it on hand but I believe there is sufficient proof of at least one of the growth stages being copied from a photograph. These are likely to also be replaced, but we don't have a new lineart yet, so we'll make a new announcement about those in the future.

Here is the news thread will all the info. Since a huge reason for getting rid of the old linearts was concerns about the fact that some of them were traced, they will not be brought back any more.

I had no clue! Sorry for mentioning it, I haven't been on much so I wasn't aware. That's such a shame too that they were copied.

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:11 am

PrettyPieK wrote:I had no clue! Sorry for mentioning it, I haven't been on much so I wasn't aware. That's such a shame too that they were copied.

Ahh it's nothing to apologize for, no worries^^ A lot of people who weren't around for the change discussion aren't really aware of why things got changed, and ofc, users who joined after the changes often don't even know that other lines existed at all.
    The fennecs were never discussed as much as the horses were, and even on the transformation thread they were only added to the OP as a side note. Even people who know why the horses got changed often wonder what happened with the fennecs.

I don't think I heard about the reason the equi lines were retired until around the time we got the Yulynh lines? I was still pretty shy about exploring the forums in 2009 and early 10, so a lot of the community things that happened back then are things I only found out about afterwards.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me