šŸ’« on corona's wings - tryout | dnp

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

šŸ’« on corona's wings - tryout | dnp

Postby Lioashu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 am

Link to competition

username - humerussin
name - corona
gender - female (biologically female)

x
Last edited by Lioashu on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part I - her purpose

ļ¼ˆ 3 3 7 ļ½— ļ¼‰

Coronaā€™s gentle blue eyes slowly moved from each being as she watched them wander, going about their daily activities or duties. Some were shaped like viscets, some like other completely different creatures. She had made a personal note long ago to meet all of them and know each one; now, she looks around at all of her friends and allies. Each one had some kind of job or occupation to fulfill; generally each one took place in various places all over the globe.

It was hers that stood out among the rest. She had a simple yet complicated and difficult job; at times it was a little much for her. Corona kept it hidden what she really did, instead pretending she just had some other things to do. It was really her duty to watch over the other spirits and ensure that they remain safe when they travel to the land below. In no way was she above the others, but she was willing to bear the weight to make sure that everyone would return to the floating kingdom unscathed and satisfied in doing their jobs.

Most of the time, Corona doesnā€™t need to do much. Everyone will return and itā€™ll be just another normal day up there. There have been the occasions that she herself will have to float down to rescue a being from an unforeseen battle or scuffle. Some objects, despite being actually made of matter, are able to affect and even harm spirits; when someone attempts to hurt another using said item, Corona comes at once to make them back down. Even if it means risking becoming hurt or worse, she will manifest into her physical form and talk them down; or use force.

When it escalates to that level, sheā€™d view her job as difficult at times. For the most part though, itā€™s as simple as keeping an eye on everyone every now and then. Other beings would rather be doing something else, but Corona wouldnā€™t trade her duty for the world.
Last edited by Lioashu on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part II - her abilities

ļ¼ˆ 3 0 3 ļ½— ļ¼‰

At will, Corona possesses the rare power to actually manifest herself into her physical form - though it consumes a lot of her power and will often leave her drained afterwards, so even then does she seldom use it. The main way to have her use it is when a spirit is in trouble; such as being trapped in a fight with an aggressive mortal creature possessing a special object that can cause nearly fatal amounts of damage to beings.

Coronaā€™s willing to risk her life in her vulnerable form in order to keep the others safe. Sheā€™s as selfless as it gets, and is just as willing to give up her life to keep the kingdom protected. Ever since she first came into existence, she knew it was her role to be the overall protector of the residents; although it did cause some conflict in her younger years, she came to accept it.

Along with the ability to change forms, she also gained the power to temporarily blind others in means of desperate escape and to guide other spirits up towards the skyward kingdom. At times more beings may be needed to fulfill more duties, so she would pick specifically random creatures and even viscets to visit and find their purpose among the stars. It wasnā€™t her choice exactly who would be chosen, but something else above them would tell her once every few hundred years who was to be brought up.

It was her job then to introduce them to the palace and the other spirits that reside there, to be hospitable and welcoming to newcomers and helpful so that they accept their duty more easily. Corona was rather persuasive in telling them about what they were to do as well as why they were there; she made life tranquil for everyone.
Last edited by Lioashu on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:00 am

part III - origins

ļ¼ˆ 6 2 0 ļ½— ļ¼‰

It was when the moon rose high into the starry sky that Corona came into existence; she was the physical embodiment of caring for those around you as well as love. Much like other viscets and unlike most spirits, she started out as a small viscling and grew rapidly with age. She remained immature and careless most of her early years, being selfish and feeling like things revolved around her. Corona had no parents or role models to raise her, and because of that she made many mistakes in her life.

She wandered the land without a care in the world besides for herself, sometimes even resorting to theft in order to feed herself. Sheā€™d take refuge in the attics of abandoned homes or at times higher branches of trees to stay safe through the night. Corona was akin to that of a leaf in the breeze; free from attaching herself to others, relying on herself and herself alone. In that time, she had no issues with the social isolation.

One full moon, Corona stumbled across a mysteriously dressed viscet, sprinting through the forest as if they were trying to escape something. She didnā€™t interfere at first, but simply watched to see how it would play out. The viscetā€™s form seemed off to her, but she didnā€™t understand exactly why at first; it was as if their shape itself was glimmering at the edges, bright like the moon. Two other viscets were cornering them towards a cliff, giving out to nothing but a shady and ominous forest hundreds of feet below.

Something surged through Coronaā€™s mind and body, urging her to step in - it was shocking to her, as it wasnā€™t something sheā€™d ever think of to do on her own nor motivate herself to. It was a complete change of character for her, but despite her will she went with what her gut told her. Quick on her feet and gritting her teeth, Corona leapt towards them, shouting to grab their attention. The viscets merely glanced at her, hardly paying any mind and even kicking her away. Her expression twisted into determination, and she snatched one of their bags and took off. She knew they were on her tail when their yells reached her ears, but she paid no mind. ā€˜I have to keep movingā€™, was all she thought as she pushed herself further and further away from the viscet by the cliff.

Before it registered in her mind, Corona had managed to safely distract the two viscets and save the other; she lost them in the forest, but continued racing away just incase. She dropped the bag by the trunk of a tree, and nearly tumbled backwards when something shimmered on the edge of her paws. As she stared at them, the more she realized her form was changing. It was beginning to feel as if a weight was lifted off of her entire body; little did she know, her body faded ever so slightly, becoming see-through yet still noticeable. Wings appeared on her shoulders and hips, small but almost cartoonish. The most notable change Corona noticed was the halos that shined into existence around her tail and above her head crest.

She didnā€™t have much time to become used to the sudden change, though, when a bright path abruptly flashed in her mind. All at once it came into her vision; a pathway of stardust, winding up into the heavens and ending at a palace among the stars. Without hesitation she began heading towards the passage touched down to the land, hidden away by foliage and the blindness of mortal creatures. It was her destination, and she wouldnā€™t let anything stop her from reaching it at last.
Last edited by Lioashu on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part IV - Skyward Kingdom

ļ¼ˆ 4 5 3 ļ½— ļ¼‰

The palace wasnā€™t always in existence, but it existed far before Coronaā€™s. It started out as a shroud of light, empty but royal in appearance. As creatures carefully were chosen to ascend to their new home, the building grew alive. The place became a bustling area of spirits and beings, figuring out what they would be able to do now that they had a new purpose. It was almost like a second chance; purely for those who were destined for a better life than they previously lived. Other circumstances needed to be met as well - those who were to now reside there must prove themselves worthy as well as willing to fulfill their duties given to them.

Should someone be unwilling or even in full denial of their new purpose, they would be given the chance to return to their old life; in doing so they would also forget the palace completely, never to remember its existence. They wouldnā€™t be forced to conform, but leaving meant the cost of all memory in relations to the Skyward Kingdom. Upon departure, they also would return to their previous state and lose any transparency and halos they once had.

No being knows exactly the reason or purpose it was created for; Corona grouped up with the others to create the rationale. The general consensus was that they all had a duty to do that in some way eased the lives of the creatures living on the lands below. Some may be tasked with protecting a specific group of mortals, much like a guardian angel, or some may also be put in charge of generally protecting those below.

Each spirit was created on a basis of widespread thoughts or feelings - in example, one may be spawned from a general feeling of warrior-like protectiveness, thinking that violence solves most issues but on good intentions. Others come from emotions like love or care, much like Corona. She was created from all of the love the spirits are given from their families or those theyā€™ve helped. Corona is meant to watch over them, to ensure that their loved ones are confident that the beings will remain safe in the sky and around the land.

Those who made it into the palace often have halos somewhere on their body, ranging from completely invisible - such as Sahaquielā€™s - to fading in and out of existence - to even being constantly in existence. Coronaā€™s were constant like most; always glowing and sparkling no matter what form she took on. The halos that flicker in and out as well as those that are completely gone have no evident purpose as of yet; the spirits have yet to discover exactly why, but some theories and rumors exist.
Last edited by Lioashu on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part V - Sahaquiel

ļ¼ˆ 3 0 0 ļ½— ļ¼‰

Sahaquiel resided in the palace before Corona, and in fact he was the first to reach out to her when she first arrived. He was a guiding light for the young viscling, showing her around and familiarizing her with everyone. Although he never admitted it until far later in the timeline, Sahaquiel could tell what her purpose would be in her new home as soon as he saw her.

As Corona matured, he watched over her progress and would sometimes step in to keep her mindful of her young recklessness. He was far more mature in terms of age and mental status, so ensuring her own safety as she grew was crucial to him personally. He grew fond of having her around, eventually becoming her best friend and somewhat of an older brother figure to her. He didnā€™t mind when sheā€™d come up to him, asking him questions about this or that to expand her knowledge.

When it came for Corona to learn how to use her abilities and wings, Sahaquiel was the first viscet she went to. With his patience and her determination, training was tedious but surprisingly smooth in terms of progress.

Corona, to this day, still believes him to be the most important viscet of her life. She'd risk her life for his without hesitation, and she knows he would do just the same for her. He's been the most constant thing in her life; so it's made it easy to stay attached to him as well as rely on him to be there for her. Despite not having a family to raise her, she sees him almost like the brother she never had. Whenever she needs help he would be the first thing to come to her mind, and Corona could never ask more of him.
Last edited by Lioashu on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:01 am

part VI - wounds

ļ¼ˆ 5 9 9 ļ½— ļ¼‰

The first time Corona put her life on the line to save another spirit was one she would never forget. It left her with several scars on her shoulder and back, now covered with feathers but destined to never fully heal (or so she believed). When she remembers the event her shoulder is filled with pain, but it serves as a reminder how willing she will go to keep others safe.

It was a chilly spring night, almost completely lit by the full moon. Coronaā€™s close friend, Azrael, had descended to a little known village in a sparse forest, intending to see how his friends were at the time. He only was able to see them for roughly an hour before an unexpected ambush happened, with a band of assorted mysterious creatures singling Azrael out and clipping his fiery wings together. Corona didnā€™t know the full exchange between the group and him, but she did know threats had been thrown at him, and their twisted intent was clear. The creatures wanted nothing other than to ā€œrid the world of spiritsā€ - starting with him.

As soon as Corona received his distress call, she departed the palace and traveled to his location at once - motivated by none other than friendship and protection. When she laid her eyes on the scene that unfolded before her, she gritted her teeth and stepped towards them with purpose. Sheā€™d never tried to switch forms for longer than mere seconds before, so when the shimmering outline appeared and she lost her transparency, the test against time began. Every second passing sheā€™d feel a little weaker, but her spirit and mind remained tenacious.

ā€œLeave my friend alone,ā€ she stated flatly, with a firm tone to her voice. When they turned towards her, she held her ground. ā€œYou heard me.ā€

The next few minutes resulted in a rough but quick fight in which Corona barely managed to disable most of the creatures - when it was down to her and the leader, the duel lasted longer than the previous conflict. It latched onto her back, digging its claws into her shoulders mercilessly; Corona reared, twisting so her back was towards a tree, and slamming the creature into it knocking it out. After the adrenaline rush passed her vision darkened and the pain from her shoulders and back registered, causing her to black out.

The following events were ones she missed but was told of later - Sahaquiel arrived, although late, to help free Azrael and carry Corona to safety. Her outline had disappeared and she returned to her translucent state, enabling her to be easily and carefully picked up. ā€œIs she alright?ā€ Azrael murmured, padding up and laying his concerned amber eyes on her resting form. ā€œSheā€™ll be fine. Those wounds need some tending to, though,ā€ Sahaquiel quietly responded, ā€œhead back to the palace. Iā€™ll be right behind you.ā€ With that, all three took off back for their home.

Sahaquiel landed onto the cool, solid cream tile next to the female viscet, still holding Corona in his arms. The viscet looked up and was thoroughly surprised to see an unconscious Corona, but swiftly greeted him anyways. ā€œSorry to come at a poor time, Evoraā€¦ but she needs tending to.ā€ She hushed him, immediately beginning to work her magic. ā€œShe did it for good reason. Iā€™ll have her fixed up in a day or two,ā€ Evora waved her paws, inducing a white glow between them and morphing it with her movements. ā€œYou should take her place until then, though I doubt you will have to step in.ā€
Last edited by Lioashu on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:02 am

part VII - recovering

ļ¼ˆ 4 3 2 ļ½— ļ¼‰

Coronaā€™s vision slowly returned, fading into a light room. Rays of light filtered in through the roof, bathing her in warmth. She was on a makeshift bed of soft pillows and silky blankets in the center of the room that was otherwise mostly empty. It was recognizable as one of the small recovery rooms seldom used since when Corona first appeared.

As she rushed to sit up, pain surged through her body and she flinched. ā€˜They sure did a number on me,ā€™ she thought, gritting her teeth to not make a noise. Corona had to force herself to wait before she finally could raise herself - although unsteadily - to her feet. As she stepped out of the cramped room she bumped into Evora. ā€œAh - my apologies, Evora, I -ā€ she quickly sputtered, but was soon quieted. ā€œItā€™s alright. Though you should take it easy, itā€™s still early on in your recovery process,ā€ Evora warned, steadying the wavering Corona. ā€œIā€™m glad to see you are doing well. What even did that to you?ā€

ā€œSome creatures tried to attack Azraelā€¦ their leader did that much,ā€ she murmured, a little embarrassed for her recklessness. Corona couldā€™ve avoided becoming so hurt, but she was foolish still. ā€œPlease, be a little more careful next time. Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t do worse,ā€ Evora chided gently, examining the healing wounds. ā€œAh, good. You should be all set by tomorrow afternoonā€¦ā€ she murmured, mostly to herself. ā€œThank you,ā€ Corona smiled genuinely at her, quiet but truly thankful. Evora was a big help when it came to injuries, and her healing magic surpassed much of the technology advancements.

Throughout the day that Corona was recovering, Sahaquiel would check in on her and occasionally Evora; Sahaquiel brought reports on the status of the other spirits, although he didnā€™t have much to report in the first place. It was a great relief when Corona was able to finally leave the recovery room on the second day. By then, her scars had fully healed and even disappeared completely to her surprise.

From then on, Corona would always remember why she was there and what purpose she had in the palace - even if she didnā€™t do as much as the others at times, her duty was crucial. The next times she would get into other conflicts Corona would remember to take more care in not getting too harmed in the crossfire, as she preferred to avoid having to waste Evoraā€™s time with her wounds. Sahaquiel appreciated the tact as well, doing his best to attempt to remind her to keep her own safety in mind at times.
Last edited by Lioashu on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by Lioashu on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

credits

Sahaquiel and Azrael belong to me
Evora belongs to sschw and is being used with permission