Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Luzien » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:58 pm

you should for sure go to a good clinic and a vet you can ask about questions and understand what they tell you, maybe a clinic or vet who other say is good or you trust...from what it sounds atleast. when you are not sure if you can trust the vet there to work good enough. cant you ask your normal vet who they think is good? and why 10month exactly?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchblades » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

maninkari wrote:
witchblades wrote:
- snip -

He's so pretty! How old is he?

- snip -

thank you!! he looks like like his dad haha
and he's about seven months, I believe! he's really big. we think he'll be about 70-80 lbs...he's big strong boy !
he pulls the whole time on bike rides (not the bad kind of pulling, like he pulls the bike along) and he bites at your ankles if he's a bit tired needs help. LOL
-------------------------------------------------------
and ah, what a cutie ! -- RIP, santa
mostly ia. only on to collect.
witchblades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeena » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:56 pm

lying beast. wrote:Okay, so next late next month we're planning on getting Bond neutered, we decided to wait a little, so he'll be either a few days under 10 months or exactly 10 months, and I want to take him to a new vet for the neutering.

The clinic we've gone to has been good 2/3 of the time. It's attached to a local pet store/ ranch store, and it's a pretty small clinic.
The bad visits we've had included us having to get a fourth parvo shot, because one vet tech said we didn't space out the vaccines enough (we had spaced them out 3-4 weeks like recommended). The other visit was with an actual vet, because Bond was having some weird bumps on his tummy, so we went to go check it out. The vet wasn't really too nice, but I guess it was just how he is. But what really through me off was when he started talking about flea treatments for Bond, and I told him that I wasn't really fond of the one a different vet from that clinic gave me because I read it could cause some serious problems, like seizures. He then went on to say that the different brand of the flea treatment (it was an oral one) was the one that only caused seizures, however on the website of the one i used, it did in fact warn about seizures.

Otherwise, we've had a different vet and tech work with us before, and it was a lot nicer, but I really just don't want to go back, plus they're usually booked fully on weekends, so I decided it would be a better idea to go for a more bigger and higher rated clinic for more serious things, should I go with my gut and go to a nicer one or not ?

I'd definitely take him elsewhere to a better clinic. You are a customer, your pet is a patient, and both of you should be treated appropriately by the staff at the clinic. Neuter surgeries are fairly basic and done often by most vet clinics, but the last thing you'd want is to worry the entire time whether you have trust in the vets doing the surgery. Just as you would have trust in your family doctor to treat and help you with any problems you may have, I feel you should also have that confidence in your vet. Best of luck with everything! ^^

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:59 pm

hey guys! today we got a new dog! Her name is Skylar, and she is a weimaraner. we got her from my uncle, and she is actually the mother of my one of my other dogs, willow! she is 5 and was bred for puppies. she is literally the sweetest dog, and she listens so well! shes currently asleep on my bed, and i will post pictures soon:)
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:03 pm

what year will people stop claiming their BBM/american bullies “pitbulls”.. it doesnt make you cooler, lol. i especially hate seeing BYB doing it.
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:06 pm

maninkari wrote:
witchblades wrote:

my dad took him on almost a mile long bike ride (he has shoes!!! his feet are fine!) a few hours ago. he's snoring very loud..i think he's broken...... hm
-------------------------------------------------------
this is my first time posting on this thread.....this is Angus, he's a very, very vicious american pit bull terrier. can you tell?
[ click the image for more pictures !! ]

He's so pretty! How old is he?
-

JJ ate Santa Claus. Oops.

Edit: I also FINALLY got around to trimming Pete's nails. He's terrified of... everything because of lack of socialization, so trimming his nails is a pain and he'll hide under the bed. Today though I got him calm enough to trim his front paws. It'll be a while before the quick recedes to where I want it to be, but that's okay.

*dies of cuteness*
Hello! You can call me lilpupin, lil, pupin, or whatever you please, really.
---Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with anything!

Field - TH - ArtFight - lambicorns

Christian ~ reader ~ drawer
Animal lover ~ Breyer Horse Collector
sister
abomonation
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awakening souls. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:09 pm

^ I'm pretty sure Pit Bull is an umbrella term for multiple breeds, American Bullies being included in that list. My apologies if I'm incorrect. No disrespect meant either!
awakening souls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plecostomus enjoyer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

i'm resting after a surgery and my dogs dont understand they cant crawl all over my lap right now. chance and rosie keep trying to climb onto my recliner and sleep on my lap like they usually do and they get confused when i have to kick them off the chair. but i've been giving them treats and pats so they know i still love them, and if they're being calm i will let them sleep on my legs.
hi im luce! im a disabled adult player. my pronouns are it/it/itself and hy/hym/hyr.
i love fish and i have two dogs, a border collie mix named rosie and a hound named chance!
all my pets, items and c$ can be traded in exchange for lorwolf and flight rising currency
plecostomus enjoyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:26 pm

awakening souls. wrote:^ I'm pretty sure Pit Bull is an umbrella term for multiple breeds, American Bullies being included in that list. My apologies if I'm incorrect. No disrespect meant either!

people use it as an umbrella term but a pitbull is actually an american pitbull terrier. the correct umbrella term would be a bully breed and for a pitbull it would be ‘terrier’. its sort of like if you called all herding dogs [GSDs, border collies, corgis, aussies, etc] “border collies”. hope that makes sense!
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:18 pm

this is Skylar! she's so energetic and lovable!
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me