For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby OceanBlast » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 am

I have no idea how but I have some CS stickers in my draw...literally cannot for the life of me remember why I have them as I'm sure I didn't buy any?? maybe I did?? so confused haha

I haven't posted here before so even though I'm not a really old player I thought I'd say what I remember!! Firstly, I agree that people seemed SO much nicer back then. Nobody cared toooo much about the list etc. and so things were a lot calmer. I remember going through that era where EVERYONE had a codeword lol, and how are all of you finding your oldest trades? I can only go back 100 pages which are all trades from 2015 :o maybe I just trade too much haha
hey everyone, I'm rose! but u can call me ocean. I a pretty basic person but my interests include art, photography, sleeping, and tea (u can probs guess where I come from lol). if u need any help w/ anything just send over a pm! I'd be glad to help <3
OceanBlast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xo.coyote » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 am

OceanBlast wrote:
I have no idea how but I have some CS stickers in my draw...literally cannot for the life of me remember why I have them as I'm sure I didn't buy any?? maybe I did?? so confused haha

I haven't posted here before so even though I'm not a really old player I thought I'd say what I remember!! Firstly, I agree that people seemed SO much nicer back then. Nobody cared toooo much about the list etc. and so things were a lot calmer. I remember going through that era where EVERYONE had a codeword lol, and how are all of you finding your oldest trades? I can only go back 100 pages which are all trades from 2015 :o maybe I just trade too much haha

So true! I joined in later than others as well (but have still been here a while) so I totally know what you're talking about. Everything was relaxed back then and I find that nowadays people are really uptight about trading! It was more about liking the pets that you traded, for me anyway, and I didn't worry myself about the lists. But honestly even back then I thought I would never own a list (I only just recently became an owner to some lists). The trading codewords were exhausting haha, I forgot that some people still do it today. Sometimes I click on some of my pets that I've had for a few years and look at the trade that I received them from - and wow! I wish we still traded like that today ahah. These days, CS is all about demand and not rarity, and it makes it incredibly difficult to fairly trade.

If the CS merch came back - I would be all over it. I remember when CS went to Anthrocon and i was SO jealous that I couldn't be there. Back then I didn't have any means of making online purchases so I didn't buy directly from the CS Mall - but if they were to return, I would have the whole set of merch :p
Image ๐”๐“ธ.๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ - ๐““๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฒ - ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ/๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ปImage Image
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 22 people.
I have received 15 gifts.

Signature by binchild & ThatOneArtist
xo.coyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OceanBlast » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 am

Danibean wrote:So true! I joined in later than others as well (but have still been here a while) so I totally know what you're talking about. Everything was relaxed back then and I find that nowadays people are really uptight about trading! It was more about liking the pets that you traded, for me anyway, and I didn't worry myself about the lists. But honestly even back then I thought I would never own a list (I only just recently became an owner to some lists). The trading codewords were exhausting haha, I forgot that some people still do it today. Sometimes I click on some of my pets that I've had for a few years and look at the trade that I received them from - and wow! I wish we still traded like that today ahah. These days, CS is all about demand and not rarity, and it makes it incredibly difficult to fairly trade.

If the CS merch came back - I would be all over it. I remember when CS went to Anthrocon and i was SO jealous that I couldn't be there. Back then I didn't have any means of making online purchases so I didn't buy directly from the CS Mall - but if they were to return, I would have the whole set of merch :p

Some people are so rude nowadays and it's really hurtful. Back then everyone was nice and quite often if i sent a fair trade people would send it back giving me the pet/s for free. I was gifted so much!! It was really normal for people to gift old items, rares etc. it was such a nice atmosphere.

Does anyone remember the cake contest? It was so exciting for me!! I was really young at the time and had soooo much fun creating a cake. It was such a friendly, welcoming competition and I loved getting the cake item set as a default prize for entering. I wish CS could have another contest like that but it would be so difficult considering the enormity of the user base :(
hey everyone, I'm rose! but u can call me ocean. I a pretty basic person but my interests include art, photography, sleeping, and tea (u can probs guess where I come from lol). if u need any help w/ anything just send over a pm! I'd be glad to help <3
OceanBlast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:10 am

OceanBlast wrote:Does anyone remember the cake contest? It was so exciting for me!! I was really young at the time and had soooo much fun creating a cake. It was such a friendly, welcoming competition and I loved getting the cake item set as a default prize for entering. I wish CS could have another contest like that but it would be so difficult considering the enormity of the user base :(

I remember the cake contest~
I never partook of any contests myself, but it was really amazing seeing those type of events take place! It really strengthened the community and created a place that was about the coming together of us young people, not so much the pixel pets.
Tess has done an amazing job here, and has made something truly spectacular.

I agree that the site has shifted somewhat in some aspects. I feel that some people now mostly care about showing off their collections then really valuing them on a personal level.

Art Shops were so prolific, now I see more Auctions then anything, which is bad for me since I know nothing about trades aha~
I look back at my old trades and notice that quite a few of my rares were Adoptions! :O
With so many users I can understand that it's harder to let go of pets, since "the more demand, the more pricey". Wish I paid more attention in Economics class!
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnochianGhost » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am

I remember the cake contest! I had a lot of fun making a cake, though it looked horrible because it's the first I ever made and I had no idea what I was doing. It was an attempt at making the UR Cat in cake form. It sure tasted great, though, and I still cherish my cake set. I've gotten a few amazing offers on it but I just can't let it go.
โ™ก Pet Spotlight โ™ก
โ™ก Art Spotlight โ™ก
ImageImage

Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

TH โŽ IG โŽ DA โŽ Ao3

EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

oh man i remember my friend and i had all these grand ideas for the cake contest, we ended up not even making a cake and just played around with the clay we'd gotten to make cake toppers out of lmao
but it was fun nonetheless, and the effort people put it was really incredible

i do wish they could do another, i'm a half decent baker now and tbqh i just want an excuse to make and eat cake

โ•”
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•š
โ•—
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•

toyhouse
๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช
want wl sitting cats
๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช๐“†ฉโŸก๐“†ช
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 am

I missed the cake contest because I was on a forced hiatus from April 2010 to August 2011 -sobs- I looked through some of the entries later and WOW *O*

I hope CS does another cake contest or a similar thing when I'm finally out of school and on my own! (We don't bake stuff in my family because we never had a reason to bake things and it's too much hassle and takes too much time from too many people--time that could be spent doing other things. When I'm on my own, I can make my own time to bake stuff if I want to :D)

Also really hoping the CS Mall opens again! I finally have my own money!!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

nickjr wrote:I missed the cake contest because I was on a forced hiatus from April 2010 to August 2011 -sobs- I looked through some of the entries later and WOW *O*

I hope CS does another cake contest or a similar thing when I'm finally out of school and on my own! (We don't bake stuff in my family because we never had a reason to bake things and it's too much hassle and takes too much time from too many people--time that could be spent doing other things. When I'm on my own, I can make my own time to bake stuff if I want to :D)

Also really hoping the CS Mall opens again! I finally have my own money!!

i feel you.. i literally joined a month after the cake contest ended and im still bummed! i hope they have an event like that again soon. it doesnt even have to be cake baking! i would love for there to be more ways to obtain customs via competitions like that ^^
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Has anyone else noticed the amount of people quitting from both old and new members because they complained about greed on here? I just came back from around a two-year hiatus, and it seems the demand of some pets have went up immensely. What caused this change? I remember when people would quit because they didn't have time, but I've talked to many users that have quit recently and it's all because people are apparently greedy?

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ฒxx

.xxImage
...โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 'Possum » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 pm

PrettyPieK wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the amount of people quitting from both old and new members because they complained about greed on here? I just came back from around a two-year hiatus, and it seems the demand of some pets have went up immensely. What caused this change? I remember when people would quit because they didn't have time, but I've talked to many users that have quit recently and it's all because people are apparently greedy?

Eh...the climate has definitely changed around here.
I haven't noticed people quitting because of it...but I don't honestly pay that much attention to the trading boards anymore. Though trading is quite a challenge this past few years.
'Possum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me