A Ravens Song (OC story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

How is the story so far?

Awesome!
29%
Great
No votes
Good
No votes
OK
29%
Meh
29%
Bad
14%
Horrible!
No votes

Total votes : 7

A Ravens Song (OC story)

Postby GreyScale » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 am

This is an OC story of mine. Bloodclan and Bone belong to Erin Hunter. Please don't steal my names.

Characters
Blood clan:
Leader: Bone- huge black and white tom.

Deputy: Hollowsong- Grey classic tabby she-cat (somewhat resembles a Turkish Angora)

Medic Cat: Juniperclaw- rusty colored she-cat

Warriors:
Maplefang - Red bad tempered she-cat
Cedarstream- torisesshell she-cat
Jaggedleap- Grey tom with twisted back paw
Mudstreak- Solid dark brown tom

Robinwing- brown she-cat with red chest
FadedEcho- Black she-cat emerald eyes
Clearflame- pale ginger tom
Adderfang- Dark brown tom(pelt resembles an adder)
Brairfrost- solid brown she-cat
Halfdawn- Beautiful tortoises shell she-cat with long legs
Silentstorm- Clouded gray tom
Brokensky- Dak tabby tom with big paws

Apprentices:
Ginger- ginger she-cat
Storm- Clouded gray and with tom
Ember- Reddish tortoise shell she-cat
Lilac- lilac point short haired she-cat
Blase- Redish brown tom with a stocky build
Raven- black she-cat with 4 white dots under each eye and white tipped tail and front paws.

Kits
Holly - Looks like a toasted marshmallow. She-cat
Bramble - Brown tabby tom
Birch - white tom with black stripes (like a birch tree)

Outsiders:
Kestral- Brown tortoise shell tabby she-cat
Dove- Pure gray she-cat

Relationships
Halfdawn and Silentstorm are mates.
Half/Silent kits: Storm, Ginger, Ember

Brairfrost and Clearflame are mates.
Brair/Clear kits: Holly, Bramble, Birch

Kestral is Raven's and Dove's mother

Last edited by GreyScale on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A Ravens Song (OC story)

Postby GreyScale » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Raven woke to a warm summer day. The dew was beginning evaporate and the streets were as busy as usual. She yawned and stretched before walking out of their the small den she called home.
"Your finally up." Said a sleek brown tabby tortoise shell.
"Thought you were gonna sleep all day." A little gray she-cat.
"You guys are so dramatic." Raven rolled her eye at her mom and sister.
"Well in that case." Grinned Dove the gray she-cat so only Raven could hear. "Mom! My paw hurts. Now I can't even scavenge!" Dove wailed and flopped down on the grass whimpering.
"Oh toughen up Dove!" Raven growled. "You more annoying than no-pelt kits."
"Raven! How could you say such a thing!" Kestrel gasped leaping defensively in front of Dove. "You will bring your best find back to Dove."
"But-"
"But can't you see she is in pain. She can't walk that far." Dove smirked at Raven and gave a groan.
"Oh. It hurts."
Raven let out a growl. 'Kestrel always favors Dove.'
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:30 am

Raven dug though the scrap pile look for something to eat when she heard a chewing noise. She lifted her head and smelled mouse. 'I would happily take a mouse over scraps.' She thought to her as she located the mouse as it was emerging from the pile. Raven quickly crouched down and began to stalk the prey. She was only a tail length away when she pounced and and nearly missed the mouse.
"Good catch" A gray striped tabby yelled from the edge of the woods. Raven tilted her away from sun to get a better look at the she-cat.
"Thanks" Raven replied.
"I could show you some more way if you would like?. She-cat asked and walked closer.
"Uh. Sure I guess." Shrugged Raven.
As the the gray she-cat approached Raven she could see this was no pet or stray. The beautiful cat was clearly strong, lean and healthy.
"I'm Hollowsong." The she-cat announced." Who are you?"
"I'm Raven." Now that the gray cat was close enough Raven saw how she got the name Hollowsong. She cat had a strange hollow sounding voice.
"Show me that pounce again and aim for that stick." Hollowsong said. "It was good but I can hep you male it better."
Raven saw a stick farther than she has ever pounced. 'You can do this.' She thought and gave a huge leap landing right in front of stick.
"Almost." Hollowsong said. "But it still needs work."
"RAVEN WHERE ARE YOU!" Yelled Kestrel.
"Sorry I have to go." Raven said and picked up her mouse. "Thank you. We should do this again." Then she ran to her pile of scraps.

"Why did you bring home a mouse?" Kestrel asked when they were back at the den. "City cats don't eat that raw stuff forest cats eat and you know that."
"Your not eating it, I am. So what does it matter?" Raven glared back at her mom. Kestrel just growled and went to eat with her other daughter Dove and couple fox lengths away.
Raven sighed sadly and began to eat her mouse. 'Why does mom love Dove more? What did I ever do to her?' Raven thought.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:12 pm

Night was upon the city and most everyone was asleep, Raven not being one of them.
'I wonder if Hollowsong is a forest cat.' Raven thought to herself held asleep. 'She sure looks like one.' Raven felt a sudden kick on her side and jolted fully awake. She turned to Dove kicking in her sleep as usual. 'Wow I'm hungry. Maybe I can find a rat this time. ' Raven slowly got up making sure not to wake the others up and padded out of den. Raven decided on hunting by forest in hopes of finding the hollow voiced she-cat, Hollowsong. Raven trotted quietly twords the forest then tasted the air for any prey.' Mouse!' She thougt excitedly then tracked it down. She made sure she was downwind of her prey before creeping into position. She was just about to leap when a familiar grey cat shot out of the bushes and caught the mouse.
"Hey! That was mine!" Yelled Raven.
" Did you catch it?" Asked Hollowsong staring at Raven with icy blue eyes.
" No but-"
"Then its not yours."
Raven let out an angry huff.
" You look hungry. Come share this mouse with me." Offered Hollowsong as she began to tear away at the mouse.
"Thanks. " Raven replied and took a share of the mouse. She sat up and licked her lips before the question came back to her.
"Hey Hollowsong?" Asked Raven
"Yes?"
"Are you a forest cat?"
"Yes I am. I belong to a clan." Hollowsong answered.
"A clan?" Raven repeated.
" A clan is a group of cats who fight and hunt. The have a leader and a deputy, warriors and apprentices." Explained the gray cat.
"What about foxes and badger?"
"We fight them off."
"Can you teach me how?" Raven asked. "Please."
"You won't be ready to fight off a fox or badger for a while but I can show you some of the basic moves." Hollowsong replied. "Leap at me."
Raven hesitated for moment then leaped at Hollowsong. Hollowsong quickly dived out of the way and pushed on Ravens back leg knocking her out of balance and Raven crashed clumsily where Hollowsong was sitting only a heartbeat ago. Before Raven could even get up Hollowsong pounced on Raven pinning her to the ground.
"Wow!" Raven said excitedly as Hollowsong let her up.
" Now you try it on me." Hollowsong demanded.

Raven woke to a prod on her side. She had trained almost all night with Hollowsong and was exhausted.
"Wake up lazy bones." Dove yelled.
"OK. OK I'm getting up." Raven snapped back.
"Come on girls! If you want to eat I suggest you hurry." Kestrel said from outside.
Raven got up and suddenly realized how sore she was. ' It was so worth it' She thought as she recalled the battle moves she was taught
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:33 am

"Again!" Yelled Hollowsong from right out side the forest line. Raven had been going to mean Hollowsong every night for a quarter moon now and still every morning it was the same get yelled at, scavenge over and over with Kestrel and Dove. Hollowsong made her feel important unlike her family.
"You need to be faster if you want to win a fight." Hollowsong said glaring at Raven with her icy blue eyes. Raven crouched down for another attack but she was going to change things up this time. She leaped at Hollowsong and purposely landed behind her leaveing Hollowsong momentarily confused. Raven took advantage and swiped a couple time at her back before running out of the way. She sat sat a couple fox-lenghts away and began to smooth down her ruffeld fur. All the sudden Hollowsong leaped at Raven pinning her to the ground with a paw on her neck.
"Never get distracted." Hollowsong hissed before letting go of Raven.
Raven got up and shook the dust off her pelt.
" You did well." Raven felt even better knowing Hollowsong's praise was hard earned. " I've heard you are treated poorly. Is that right?" Hollowsong asked in her normal hollow tone.
" Yeah." Sighed Raven.
" Why don't you came home with me? To the clan? You won't be treated badly there. No more
crow-food. Why I could even be your mentor."
Raven stared down at her paws. Even though she was treated badly she still loved her family.
" Think of all the bad things the have done to you." Hollowsong meowed.
Thoughts came flooding back to her mind.
' CANT YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT!?'
' You were just a mistake.'
'Why can't you be more like Dove?'
Raven fur began to bristle as she thought of all the horrible things that had been said to her.
" Yes. I want to go. No more crow-food. No more living with those pieces of road-kill. " Growled Raven. "When are we going?"
" Right now." Hollowsong replied with a satisfied expression.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 am

Hollowsong led the way through the forest. The deeper they went the darker it got, or was Raven imagining it? They walked most the way in silence and the sun had began to rise.
"Hollowsong?" Raven asked.
"Yes?"
"Does the clan have a name?"
"Yes. Welcome to Bloodclan." Hollowsong stopped right in front of a bramble barrier.
"Well? Are you going or not?" Hollowsong asked.
Raven gave her chests few licks then walked in though the hole in the wall. Raven let out a gasp when she saw the camp There were several cats all over the place some big and some small. There were four bramble domes lining the edge of the camp and a huge twisted looking tree in the middle whos leaves created a dome witch sun would shine through and create a beautiful green leafy tint over the camp.
"This is where you live?!" Raven finally asked.
"Yep. Not what you expected eh?" Hollowsong replied before marching over to a hole under the tree roots. "Bone! I have a new recruit." She yelled into the hole. A huge black and white tom emerged and eyed Raven with narrow eyes.
"I would like to train her as me apprentice." Added Hollowsong looking back at Raven who looked to shocked to move.
"STORM! GINGER! EMBER!" Bone called the three apprentices over and three small cat came running over. "I want you three to take Raven over there hunting with you and see what she knows so far."
The three apprentices walked over the Raven and introduced themselves.
"Hello. I'm Storm." Said the cloudy gray tom. "These are my sisters Ember' He said flicking his tail at the reddish tortoiseshell 'and Ginger. " doing the same at the ginger she-cat. "We were asked to take you hunting. Is that OK with you?"
"Yes. I would like that I'm starving." Raven replied.
"Good." Storm replied. "Come on." He added before marching twords another entrance.
"Now why we are walking I will tell you some of the most important rules." Ember suddenly said.
"First any prey you catch goes to the kill pile and u must catch more than you eat. Second NEVER challenge the leader. Hollowsong is the only cat who challenges him and some how still lives. Thir-"
"Ok . Enough with the rules!" Yelled Ginger interrupting Ember. "I'm assuming you know how hunt. Right Raven?" Ginger asked stopped beside a beechnut tree.
"Yes I do" Raven replied.
"Good. We will be better off if we split up. Raven you go with Storm. I will stay with Ember."
Without another word the cats split up.
"Its OK. She is always like this. " Said Storm braking the small silence. "Let me show my favorite place to hunt."
Raven let out a small chuckle from the comment he made about his sister then followed him. They soon came to a small blueberry bush and Raven could smell squirrel instantly. She crouched down and slowly approached when the squirrel darted right for her. She quickly grabbed and killed the squirrel wondering why it had done that when she saw Storm approach from the opposite side.
" That's the good thing about hunting in pairs." He grinned. "Now let's catch some more if we want to eat."

By the time they had got back to the camp the sun was high is the sky. Storm and Raven had a squirrel two mice and three voles. Storm had shown Raven the den she would sleep in for now on and was reporting to Bone. Raven was just about to doze off when Storm barreled though the entrance.
"Guess what! " He yelled excitedly. "Bone said you can stay!"
Raven leap put of her bed no longer tired.
"I mean. Hey Raven, yeah you can stay." Storm said casually before Raven could respond, clearly embarrassed of his sudden excitement.
"Really? Yes! I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to stay." Raven replied.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm

Raven woke the new sound of birds singing and leaves rustling. Both sounds she loved.
"LET ALL CATS ABLE TO DO DEFEND THEIR CLAN, GATHER HERE UNDER THE GREAT TREE!" Bone's voice echoed though the camp. Raven stretched and walked out into the clearing and sat beside Storm, Ember and Ginger.
"About time you got up!" Ember said.
"Sor-"
"Shhh!" Glared a brown she-cat who was sitting behind them.
"Today we gather here to preform an age old ceremony. Raven. Step forward." Said Bone from his branch. Raven step to the front of the crowd and Bone jumped down to greet her.
"Raven do you wish to live and train to be a warrior from this day forward?"
"I do."
"And protect this clan with undoubt-able loyalty?"
"Yes"
"Then from this day forward you are an official apprentice off Bloodclan." Bone finished then turned to Hollowsong. " Hollowsong. You have show me and this clan more loyalty and skill than I could have ever imagined. I trust you to pass your skills to Raven until she is made a warrior. That is all" Bone nodded his head then slipped into his den.
Hollowsong approached Raven and touched noses with her. "RAVEN! RAVEN! RAVEN!" The cats cheered and Raven swelled with pride and happiness. Her three friends rushed over to congratulate her.
"OK come on. Time to show you the territory." Hollowsong said.
"Could we ask our mentors if we could come to?" Ember asked.
"Sorry maybe next time. Raven can't have distractions."
"Aww. OK" Ember tail drooped and she padded off to her siblings.
"Come on. We've got lots to do." Said Hollowsong before leading Raven out the the exit.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:08 pm

Raven suddenly felt nervous. She shook out her pelt and forced her fur to lay flat and followed Hollowsong and of the exit. "Now, let's find out how much training you will need." Hollowsong said as she stopped at a mossy clearing several fox lengths away from camp. " Jump as far as you can up that tree" The silver she-cat finished flicking her tail in the direction of a near by pine tree. Raven silently walked over to tree and positioned herself for the jump. 'its just like jumping over a fence to escape the dogs' She thought. She gave a mighty leap and clung to tree around two fox lengths above the ground. " Not to bad." Commented Hollowsong who was sitting near by. With a sigh of relief Raven jumped down, as soon as she landed she was knocked off her paws and fell to ground with a sudden thud. "Ow. What was that for." Asked Raven as she got back up.
"Always be aware, an enemy is not gonna wait till you are steady on your feet again to attack, and that not everyone is as weak as they seem." As Hollowsong spoke the last part her normally blank expression turned dark as if she herself has had an experience with that. "Come on. I need to show you the borders." Hollowsong snapped back into her normal blank expression. "Borders? Why do you need those?" Raven asked as she walked beside her mentor.
"To let the others know the place is ours and if you cross, we will mark the borders with their blood."
Raven flinched at the violent statement and decided not to ask anymore questions till they got there. All around her was trees and plant life, not people and cars. Raven was glad she decided to leave the city. Soon Raven could smell the sent of other cats as well. "This is the border. Never cross unless you want Adderclan to shred you." Hollowsong informed. "We are normally in peace but thing quickly change."

Raven legs were sore when she got back to camp. She and Hollowsong had walk around almost all the territory, but had not yet made it to the Smokeclan border only because it was getting dark and Hollowsong had to den out more patrols. As she curled up in her nest and stared to drift off into sleep, Storm walked in layer down in his nest beside her. "So, how was it?" He asked.
" It was OK." Raven yawned back.
"Do you miss your old family?" Storm suddenly asked looking down at his paws.
"Well, I mean I guess. They never treated me, very well." She responded though she had never thought much about it. "But it doesn't matter now. I'm where I belong and wow am I tired." She finished not wanting anymore questions. She curled up and stared to drift off when the thought suddenly struck her. What did Kestrel ever have against the clan cats?
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me