Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:47 am

For some reason, when I use Oekaki my mouse cursor disappears? This started happening about 2 weeks ago, and I have no idea what’s causing it. I am using a custom mouse cursor but it worked fine for the previous few months I used it, so I know that’s not the problem. I’m using Google Chrome, and all of my drivers are updated on my tablet.

In addition to this, I can only access some of the features of Chicken Paint (I’ll just call it CP) with my tablet pen? For example, I can switch layers, Draw, change tools, change tool sizes, and toggle pen pressure, but I can’t delete or rename layers, use the color dropper, or use the drop downs at the top of CP. This all started happening around the same time as the mouse cursor problem.

None of this happens in any of my other art programs (MediBang, Sai, ClipStudio, And FireAlpaca), so I know it’s definitely a problem with Oekaki, I just have no clue what’s causing it.
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

@PikaPerfect -- That is exactly the issue I am having with Google Chrome and Chibipaint right now as well!
    @Medd - this is the issue I'm experiencing with Firefox and Chibipaint as well.

I updated Firefox recently to Firefox 53 to see if it would do any better or if it would fix the current issue I'm having with Chibipaint + Firefox. There's no change in it whatsoever but I have pin pointed that it is for certain the pen pressure not working. Basically what is happening is that when I go to draw with any tool with the "pen pressure" button clicked it automatically makes the lines drawn pt. 1 or 2 in size. It doesn't matter if the pen, eraser, airbrush or any other tool is set to 200 pt in size it still makes 1 or 2 pt thick lines. I'll provide a screenshot to show the settings versus the line drawn here as well. It's ridiculous really and not use-able this way. Nick, please help, I don't know if this is an error happening in Chibipaint in accordance to browser updates as of recent or what. But obviously it's not just my brand of tablet (ugee) since others have mentioned Wacom tablets having issues with this same problem.

Please help, this is making things really difficult and I'm having to resort to using Microsoft Edge for creating adoptables, drawings or any sort of oekaki drawing. And Edge is awful, it freezes and refreshes itself numerous times without my consent and has lost me 4-7 oekaki drawings (roughly 7-12 hours worth of drawings).

screenshot for proof of settings versus what the tool is doing
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roksiula » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:38 am

<3
hello I'm Roksiula
Roksiula

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucianne! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:48 am

Hi
I want to go downstairs and eat, so I go ahead and save my drawing. I'm on Internet Explorer because pen pressure won't work on Chrome for some reason. And then I find this...
(´-﹏-`;)
it's not that i don't want to love you,
'cause i really tried,
and i just wanna hang with the old you,
for just one brooklyn night adieu
Lucianne!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Lucianne! wrote:Hi
I want to go downstairs and eat, so I go ahead and save my drawing. I'm on Internet Explorer because pen pressure won't work on Chrome for some reason. And then I find this...
(´-﹏-`;)

I believe switching to a different version of Oekaki usually solves that issue. You can do that here. Using ChickenPaint on Chrome should hopefully solve your issue of saving + your pen pressure issue. c:

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucianne! » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Kaizoku wrote:
(´-﹏-`;)

I believe switching to a different version of Oekaki usually solves that issue. You can do that here. Using ChickenPaint on Chrome should hopefully solve your issue of saving + your pen pressure issue. c:

Thanks! I switched from Chibipaint v.1 to v.2 and it helped me save, as I tested earlier. On the other hand, I still can't save the drawing I was working on, perhaps because the canvas was on v.1 before I switched it. Is there no other solution other than to reload and start over?
it's not that i don't want to love you,
'cause i really tried,
and i just wanna hang with the old you,
for just one brooklyn night adieu
Lucianne!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Lucianne! wrote:
Kaizoku wrote:
(´-﹏-`;)

Thanks! I switched from Chibipaint v.1 to v.2 and it helped me save, as I tested earlier. On the other hand, I still can't save the drawing I was working on, perhaps because the canvas was on v.1 before I switched it. Is there no other solution other than to reload and start over?

I don't think there's another solution unfortunately, I think you may just have to start over as you said. I'm glad switching over helped you though!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serendipity- » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:16 am

So, I'm very pleased that chicken paint works on mobile, because I can draw well with my finger, and I'm hoping to get back into oekaki. But the problem is I cannot move the canvas. The scroll bar or two fingers do not work. The zoom in and out buttons either make it the size of a postage stamp or too too close! Anything that can be done?

hi
hi
You can call me Tess, I'm 20+, an art major
I'm Asexual, I love cartoons of all types
Only Murders In The Building || Gorillaz
|| She-Ra || TOH || Bluey || MLP || PJO
SSC || Psych || The Office || Fraiser || Barbie
I'll always rp any of the above

hi
credit

serendipity-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catcatamelia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

i dont know if you guys are aware but in recent releases of Firefox they no longer support java, had to use Microsoft edge.
apapurrrr Laboratory
'"hello! welcome to this great facility of science, apapuur labs, now you may ask me Carbon why is there talking animals walking around like humans? now that is a long story.. remind me later, now in these labs we specialize in puuurtal guns, space, and cat puns."
join us in our challenge to get to space?
catcatamelia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:08 pm

catcatamelia wrote:i dont know if you guys are aware but in recent releases of Firefox they no longer support java, had to use Microsoft edge.

That's why Nick coded Chicken Paint (Chrome and other browsers were shutting down Java support) - it doesn't require Java - you can switch to it here, especially if you prefer using Firefox.

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups